Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

Ross will (attempt to) finish Gerik off with Garm.

What are my chances against Tana I wonder? I do have sky high luck and very good avoid with Garm's speed boost, but there's one thing dondon's Tana is 90% likely to be running that makes my chances of winning very modest.

Anyway, the current match sends a very good idea how stat boosters should be distributed cleverly. Gerik absorbing two sacred twins attacks is a good example of this.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.jpgvsimage.jpg

Ross(Garm){26 damage at 61 hit}attacks Gerik(Garm){27 damage at 51 hit 0 crit}

Ross attacks

(76) (66) (82) (0)

Attack misses.

Gerik counter attacks

63 63 65 28

Attack misses.

Both sides survived the round.

Espinosa

Ross:27/54

Ewan/Amelia/Tana/Ephraim: KO

Dondon

Tana: Full Health

Gerik:2/60

Eirika/Ephraim/Innes: KO

It is dondon's turn.

Edited by Randa

gerik will take a double swing at ross with the brave sword.

EDIT: also i feel like those above hit rates are off. i counted 65 hit for gerik and i think ross has a bit more than 61 hit too.

EDIT2: wait i'm dumb, forgot about the +5 spd.

Edited by dondon151

image.jpgvsimage.jpg

Gerik(brave sword){17 damage at 61 hit 0 crit}attacks Ross(Garm){26 damage at 46 hit}

Gerik attacks

(21)(38) (24) (32)

Attack hits. No crit.

Ross takes 17/56 damage.

Gerik attacks again

(45) (58) (21) (30)

Attack hits. No crit.

Ross takes 10/56 damage.

Ross is ko'd

Dondon wins!

Good game both of you. I'm probably gonna give my thoughts on stat boosters/ team builds tommorow.

Edited by Randa

there are only 8 characters who are not doubled by rutger and fir, 2 of which are themselves. 2 of them (shanna, tate) lose enough AS from basically any viable weapon that they are also doubled. 3 of them are primarily bow users (1 of whom must always have murgleis equipped or is doubled) and 1 of them is an axe user. FE6 has no hoplon guard and either SM has 89 base crit with a KE or 94 base crit with wo dao if they are supporting each other.

shin is the only unit who reaches 34 AS and can therefore double every unit in the game.

You know, before you posted, I was thinking that it still wouldn't be TOO bad as long as you used generally high Defense units...but then I remembered Durandal. Stick that 17 Mt. and 5+ Strength on top of a 21 Strength Rutger, and that's effectively 43 MT...WITH something like 60 Critical. So THAT might be a little much, but other than that, it still doesn't sound insurmountable...although now that I think about it, Shin also has 40 MT...hmm...

EDIT: Actually, I think I'm starting to see your point.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Looking at what dondon posted, Roy seems pretty interesting, 21 res, 22 def, 24/30 evasion spread and ability to attack from 1-2 range. The only thing that doubled him is unweighted Pegs and Murgleis user in general

I suspect Sue is like top tier tho

Yeah, those three are Uber and while there might be some morbid pleasure in running battles starring all three, I think a metagame with all three of them banned (not so sure about Sue...) would be preferable.

Durandal makes Rutger and Fir lose enough AS to be doubled by the opponent's Rutger or Fir, so fishing for a crit seems like the strategy of choice here.

JSND, can you send me your FE5 team? Hawkeye can't host anymore, so we'll have to continue from where we last left off. I could've sworn I PM'd you about it, but according to my messenger this didn't actually ever happen.

I'll pick up ZM vs. Elieson when I wake up; trying to get some much needed sleep here, but to no avail so far.

Edited by Espinosa