Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah so I'm here to play PKL tonight if one of the other FE8 matches finishes (Dondon v Espinosa looks to be wrapping up).

Like 5 different people proposed to host games (FE8 or any), so you just need to coerce one to take your teams and go with it.

X-Naut, Nicolas, Quint I think, and I believe there's more. It's kinda hard to remember this when we do everything in one huge messy topic.

Like 5 different people proposed to host games (FE8 or any), so you just need to coerce one to take your teams and go with it.

X-Naut, Nicolas, Quint I think, and I believe there's more. It's kinda hard to remember this when we do everything in one huge messy topic.

And I still think you should just make a list in the OP.

Yeah so I'm here to play PKL tonight if one of the other FE8 matches finishes (Dondon v Espinosa looks to be wrapping up).

You just need to PM somebody who's willing to run it. I think x-naut said he was willing to do one. If not I can do one starting tommorow afternoon. I would do it tonight, but I've gotta take my sister back to her dorms. So hyper speed go.

So I'll be back in 2 hours.

Edited by Randa

tbqh one problem is that I'm not quite sure which people would be willing to continuously host games if I were to include them in the OP.

I'm not even sure whos' fighting who anymore...

Yeah, we really need to figure out which section of the site we're migrating to already, because it makes everything messy as fuck. So far there hasn't been a very coherent reaction, though Integrity offered some useful ideas.

Anybody want to discuss this with the admin team in PM chat alongside myself? Seems pretty urgent to me.

Yeah, we really need to figure out which section of the site we're migrating to already, because it makes everything messy as fuck. So far there hasn't been a very coherent reaction, though Integrity offered some useful ideas.

Anybody want to discuss this with the admin team in PM chat alongside myself? Seems pretty urgent to me.

We basically need any and all people who:

- know what's been going on in the arena (what we do here)

- can express what our problems are and how we see we could solve them, the simpler the better

- don't start shouting when being disagreed with, misunderstood or even treated unfairly (if you negotiate anything continuously, you have to expect this to happen every now and then)

Just tell me and I'll connect you to the convo when I begin it. If we want changes to occur (and we do I'm pretty sure), we should take initiative.

We basically need any and all people who:

- know what's been going on in the arena (what we do here)

- can express what our problems are and how we see we could solve them, the simpler the better

- don't start shouting when being disagreed with, misunderstood or even treated unfairly (if you negotiate anything continuously, you have to expect this to happen every now and then)

Just tell me and I'll connect you to the convo when I begin it. If we want changes to occur (and we do I'm pretty sure), we should take initiative.

I know I fill all three of those requirements.

I won't help because:

I want a playthrough subforum first.

Don't know which chat you guys meant.

What's the problem with posting playthroughs at their respective subforums? If we invaded the section of every game in the series with our link arena battles, it'd get bad pretty quick.

By chat I mean a PM conversation with multiple participants added.

And ZM, got it.

edit: Hmm, only 5 people can PM-chat. So I guess there's not a whole lot of attention that could be attracted to this in a timely manner.

Edited by Espinosa

What's the problem with posting playthroughs at their respective subforums? If we invaded the section of every game in the series with our link arena battles, it'd get bad pretty quick.

By chat I mean a PM conversation with multiple participants added.

In particular because Awakening boards moves too fast to make a playthrough without it going into second page due to all the pairing threads being spilled out every second. GBAFE seems to me like the only frequently visited Fire Emblem forum aside from Awakening.

TBH a playthrough subforum doesn't even make sense to me because it makes more sense to keep playthroughs in their own game's section rather than in a section completely for playthroughs. It doesn't even seem that necessary to me because it's not like I've heard very many people complain about the current format. Here, it's pretty clear that the current format is just really confusing. And creating the threads in their game's section or in General FE would just spam up those sections.

Anyways, sent my team to X-Naut.

image.jpgvsimage.jpg

Gerik(Garm){27 damage at 51 hit 0 crit} attacks Ross(Garm){26 damage at 61 hit}

Gerik attacks

(51) ( 24) (58) (0)

51+24=75. 75/2=37.5<50

The attack hits. No crit.

Ross takes 27/54 damage.

Ross counter attacks

(69) (48) (71 )(0)

69+48=117. 117/2=58.5<61

The attack hits. No crit.

Gerik takes 26/60 damage.

Both sides survived the round.

Espinosa

Ross:27/54

Ewan/Amelia/Tana/Ephraim: KO

Dondon

Tana: Full Health

Gerik:2/60

Eirika/Ephraim/Innes: KO

Iit is now espinosa's turn

Edited by Randa

gerik should not be KOed. he has 28 HP and 24 def to ross's 50 atk. neither unit has active supports.

I thought Gerik has 22 defense.

And I thought wrong.

tbqh one problem is that I'm not quite sure which people would be willing to continuously host games if I were to include them in the OP.

How about we do this for hosting. Whoever is willing to host PM me your name, game of choice, and time zone/schedule. I'll look over the list assign people to matches and if they want to continue to host we can add their names to a list in the OP.

And honestly Espinosa you're beating a dead horse. The mods(from what I've read) have no intent to act until it becomes a problem. So the way I see it is do what they tell you. Expand into all of general FE and make more clutter. Then they won't have a choice on the matter. May seem childish and rude, but its best to play the hand your dealt.

Edited by Randa

I thought you were doing stat boosters?

Anyway, I made it clear it's a conscious choice not to create any mess on the forums and find a solution civilly and rationally through negotiation. If any section should be used to post arena game threads, I guess for now it's just the draft forum (but really, why not debate? that one is 100% dead).

edit: fuck, linked to my FE6 screenshot instead.

Edited by Espinosa

I thought you were doing stat boosters?

Anyway, I made it clear it's a conscious choice not to create any mess on the forums and find a solution civilly and rationally through negotiation. If any section should be used to post arena game threads, I guess for now it's just the draft forum (but really, why not debate? that one is 100% dead).

edit: fuck, linked to my FE6 screenshot instead.

I forgot okay.

And I do agree that that would be the best to deal with the problem, but even if we put it into the draft forum it's still in a places here other activities occur at a heightened rate during parts of the year. Meaning it will be extremely confusing during spring/summer break. I think the most logistically sensible thing to do would be to send debates to the graveyard and just implement an arena forum, but that doesn't seem to be likely.

Also did anybody else notice the only time someone post in debates its always a necro.