Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE8, averages, boosters. Sound good?

okidoki

That's what I'm thinking too. Being forced to act again can be disadvantageous at times and makes Vengeance+Galeforce less broken than it currently is. It's kinda the only nerf that's necessary to make for Vengeance, and it's all within the boundaries of common sense + how things work in-game.

Also, does everyone agree we should start showing attacker's skill activation rates alongside hit/crit digits? It's how we'd done it before, and it really makes sense for non-PavGis/Miracle skill (which you can easily tell are being rolled for on the defender's turn).

I support forced action wrt Galeforce. You took the skill, you gon' use it.

I always have been...have people not been showing proc rates?

I think I can handle hosting one more game! It's FE9 right?

Yeah, it is!

Once I've done my team, I'll PM you.

Are we going on averages or max stats?

I'll rather like averages imo. That +cut supports and weapons. Just like the tournament, you know!

Edited by Nintales

Idk, I would hide it to 'not spoil'. Because you would know from anticipated that X unit has vengeance so the player might say 'leave him to the end' or sonething.

Edited by Quintessence

Idk, I would hide it to 'not spoil'. Because you would know from anticipated that X unit has vengeance so the player might say 'leave him to the end' or sonething.

I'm with this;

Matching up against Robins and knowing if they have Luna or Vengeance really impacts how I would approach them.

in FE9/10, seeing a skill proc fail could mean like, Adept or Sol or w/e else

Vengeance activates so often that it's really easy to know whether somebody has it - it's gonna activate more often than not when its user acts. I suppose we could hide all info, including % "skill" in the forecast.

Also Elie, in PoR we always announced what skills the active units would have ahead of time. The only unannounced skill was, I think, Miracle (and Cancel? but there's no reason for Tibarn to not carry one), assuming it fails to proc, but that's a given. We never did play FE10 as of yet.

Well that's true. I mostly display the basic Hit, Dmg and Crit as combat stats because that's what the game shows, hence why I omit Skl%.

Btw, what about having a standard format to post rounds? Edit: like showing just the basics? If the host wants to color or post extra images or gifs, that's different.

Edited by Quintessence

Btw, what about having a standard format to post rounds? Edit: like showing just the basics? If the host wants to color or post extra images or gifs, that's different.

I would just propose the one I've been always using since day one, but I'm all ears if anyone can offer ideas about improving that format.

It's a useful idea for the upcoming tourney considering some standardisation makes things more stable, if there's one framework everyone follows that's easily recognisable and read. Also helpful if hosts change within one match (as it happened a few times during the first tournament).

People seem to be having fun just doing whatever with their format, adding more pictures and whatnot.

Speaking of which, it couldn't hurt if all the critical/skill activation animations were readily available in a SF forum post somewhere. In fact, I'm going to do precisely that right now.

Edited by Espinosa

I have issues choosing my characters, so Anon, don't expect the match coming up soon. =(

Alright, I shall have patience. Take your time sir. I'm using my most OP team.

Oh, Elie, we still need a host for FE8.