Inception Mafia

Paperblade

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

j00's been town in Pokemon Adventures and Tales of Symphonia.

She's also been scum in literally every other game she's joined!

E: except mystery lol

Edited by Prims

Oh, because the entire scum team forgot to say it when the game ended:

Poly, telling people that "if you have my role PM, then you're scum. Now claim it so we can lynch you," is the worst trap ever. No scum in their right mind is going to tell you that they got your role PM if you tell them that scum should have received your role PM. As a matter of fact, we did get your role PM on N2 after shooting Manix, but none of us were going to claim it - especially after your announcement.

Thanks, and sorry about the bad vigs and activity probs. I suppose it's unfortunate that I rolled the "town" role that swung the hardest based on its user's skill level. I enjoyed the setup a lot though, and was really impressed by a few people's play.

I'll probably join another game once summer rolls around. If anyone needs a player for something small and NOC though shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can afford to play at a more comfortably obsessive level.

As someone who rolled vigilante in their first game ever on SF (although I wasn't compulsive and one-shot), just shoot your strongest scum reads and don't be afraid to NOT fire if you're given the option. (I didn't shoot until the last day of the game.) Also, hitting a townie is generally less "costly" earlier in the game than later because there's a bigger "vote buffer" at the time. Basically, don't be afraid to follow up on your reads when you're vig.

btw Manix I was semi-serious about the whole "Manix just picks a player then tunnels them to death" remark. Like obviously you're a good enough player to be the N2 kill but you should try not to get so caught up in your own cases. It's kind of baffling to me because I can't remember a time you've actually deathtunneled on scum, yet you keep doing it.

Maybe it just seemed off to me because I thought Eury was town, though.

refer schoolteacher (old example), i tunneled out helios/scorri lategame (although diverted from scorri one phase to get kay for whatever reason, i was dumb)

like i can understand what you're saying; over-confidence in a read, which i suppose comes from trying to beat out the "under-confident in a read" which i had in my earlier days

It's hard to have a good balance of "confident, but still able to reconsider your opinions and back down when necessary". I feel like my reads have been kinda weak lately. Except my Refa read this game, but then that was wrong.

btw Manix I was semi-serious about the whole "Manix just picks a player then tunnels them to death" remark. Like obviously you're a good enough player to be the N2 kill but you should try not to get so caught up in your own cases. It's kind of baffling to me because I can't remember a time you've actually deathtunneled on scum, yet you keep doing it.

Maybe it just seemed off to me because I thought Eury was town, though.

Scum obviously didn't kill because of competency though considering they figured it was worth it to shoot me twice. :p

(uh...no offense to Manix)

I figured they did that because you were confirmed town, or at least everybody else was more lynchable.

To be honest, scum could have RNGed the kill N3 onwards and still won the game.

Yeah town played kind of terribly in just about every aspect. Their scumreads were trash and as I posted in the graveyard, they spent time creating dichotomies for no reason.

Another thing towards Poly- you coasted on your claim really really hard. The point behind your role was a confirmed town that still had to work to become confirmed town rather than just targeting someone N1 like a regular friendly townie does, so that they'd still have motivation to contribute. Also, seriously dude? If you don't get your role, ask the mods. We even asked you if you needed clarification and instead you just posted completely wrong stuff until we had to explicitly tell you ourselves.

i'm sorry manix ;_;

i didn't want to claim usurper because i don't know. i was thinking of claiming BPV at one point but i figured that wasn't going to help anyone besides myself.

Sorry for the relatively low effort I put into this game; I just couldn't find the time/effort (simultaneously) for necessary rereads. I also never really felt great about any of the wagons after d1 Prims (which was wrong anyway), which contributed to lack of effort. Sorry for the personal stuff as well.

[spoiler=personal stuff]but ok I really find it annoying when people laugh at others for their opinions or say "wow you're dumb if you think X" without explaining. I mean, I know it's possible for players to say unfathomably dumb things, and one time in a previous game Boron calling me an idiot actually jolted me out of a nonsensical line of thought, but on the whole it's super annoying, condescending, and unhelpful.

Also my preference is for getting people to say what they think and why, and the way I express that is to ask for it bluntly. I'll try to stick to "blunt" and not "bullying" since apparently that's a thing.

I thought my flavor was kind of weird.

Regarding the roles, I sort of figured out that Mafia had "mafia" roles and the Undercover Cops had "town" roles, but wasn't sure how far that went--as I posted in the Neighbor QT, I thought maybe Refa and Quote were UC because of the BPVs (you know, like cops wear?). Basically I didn't know where to draw the line (aside from the fact that role =/= alignment, etc.)

Also, I have no idea how to use a Neighbor communication effectively. For the most part, why would I say anything there that I wouldn't say in-thread? Oh well, kirsche was scum anyway.

but ok I really find it annoying when people laugh at others for their opinions or say "wow you're dumb if you think X" without explaining.

I can understand that but I also put a shit-ton of effort into addressing the accusations on me and arguing why what people were attacking me for wasn't scummy. You can't really say I "wasn't explaining".

Also, I have no idea how to use a Neighbor communication effectively. For the most part, why would I say anything there that I wouldn't say in-thread? Oh well, kirsche was scum anyway.

Generally it helps to bounce ideas and gut reads off a partner if you're town. Additionally, if your neighbor buddy has reason to discuss the game with you out-of-thread, it gives you more of a chance to read them, and them more of a chance to slip up if they're scum. Edited by Prims

I can understand that but I also put a shit-ton of effort into addressing the accusations on me and arguing why what people were attacking me for wasn't scummy. You can't really say I "wasn't explaining".

That's fair and you did. It's more about the personal insult aspect of it I guess.

Thanks for the neighbor bit.

I've probably said this before but I never really mean to insult people, I just say stuff like "everybody who disagrees with me is dumb" etc to be silly and don't really expect anybody to take it at face value.

Guess facetiousness doesn't travel well through the internet, who knew.

Additional shout-out to j00 for never rolling town.

you guys are forgetting sfmm 3, i did such a great job as a town i almost got wagoned D1 before getting nightki -

remember that i rigged j00 to be town vanilla in mystery

;_;

[21.01.2014 22:25:31] SB: j00 have you like

[21.01.2014 22:25:32] SB: ever been town

[21.01.2014 22:25:37] SB: aside from adventures

[21.01.2014 22:25:53] u: ;_;

[21.01.2014 22:26:00] u: i've been scum the last 4-5 games

[21.01.2014 22:26:00] SB: lol

[21.01.2014 22:26:15] u: it's getting a bit old

[21.01.2014 22:26:16] SB: well your old avatar just asked for it

[21.01.2014 23:47:01] SB: j00 you should bring up how meta on you is kinda weak because of how frequently you're scum

[21.01.2014 23:47:15] u: yeah that's such a great argument

[21.01.2014 23:47:21] u: "guys, i'm ALWAYS scum"

[21.01.2014 23:47:30] SB: kinda srs

[21.01.2014 23:47:30] scorrikitty: lol

[21.01.2014 23:47:36] SB: lack of town meta to compare it to

[21.01.2014 23:47:57] SB: since you've been town like 3 times ever

[21.01.2014 23:48:01] u: ;_;

[21.01.2014 23:48:07] u: why can't i be PURE and INNOCENT

ftr i've never been town with this avatar, maybe i should take it as a sign that it was never meant to be