QOTD Thread II - 420 - Favourite question so far?

Parrhesia

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TELEKINESIS. So I can smack the light switch from across the room.

And many other mundane uses yes i like it.

Edited by SlayerX

the only mundane use I can think of is transforming into unassuming objects and going totally unnoticed

if that's the case then all shapeshifters ITT are creeps and should be removed from SF as swiftly as possible

;~~~~~;

33vlxqv.gif

Bonus points if the copies are solid. I never have enough hands to carry the crap i carry every damn day or going somewhere. That, and so i can be in many places at once.

Empath- never almost walk into somebody again

also hopefully be less socially stunted

Teleportation or portal creation. On top of being a favourite, it's extremely useful for everyday things.

Shapeshifting is an interesting one. What kind of uses were you thinking of?

Edited by Makaze

Shapeshifting is handy for travel uses. That way you dont have to pay the cash monies to go on a trip. Just turn into a bottle of hand sanitizer or something and hitch a ride in someone's carry-on. Bammo! And then you could even sleep in the street as a road cone in your desired location.

:V

Telekinesis. Not having to get up to shut the door / turn off the light / grab things from my desk would be amazing. Yes, I'm lazy (though I imagine telekinesis would put equal strain on your mind as your body would undergo in doing such things). It'd also be great for holding more things than you have hands for.

Edited by BANRYU

Empath- never almost walk into somebody again

also hopefully be less socially stunted

If you look into the hearts and minds of others

You have a coin flip chance

Of never wanting to leave your house again

I'd like to re-answer the "are you patriotic?" question.

Yeah, i am. Much more than I'd like to admit.

Edited by Nobody

If you look into the hearts and minds of others

You have a coin flip chance

Of never wanting to leave your house again

Well. I personally think there's plenty of disturbing thoughts and emotions out there, sure. But if traced to their root, I don't think they necessarily represent purely misanthropic or hateful drives in origin. Moreso (or at least more often) hurt or confused ones, waiting/wanting to be set right

(not necessarily to say that everybody who's angry about something wishes they weren't angry about it, but that I think it's fairly safe to assume most people who're angry about something would prefer to have the root cause of their anger resolved, so that they didn't have to feel angry about it any more)

I guess I assumed that included in "empath" was the ability to read the source of an emotion, in addition to sensing it. Yeah just being able to know that somebody's mad doesn't sound as fun

(I'm also kind of fascinated with the idea of knowing exactly what sensations somebody else is feeling, both because there are so many things that might be factors in producing those sensations and because it's so hard to know the entirety of somebody else's perspective for sure)

Close runner-up: all-powerful (microscope) vision, for discerning subtleties to portray in art, and maybe so as to determine whether string theory's right, or something science-related

(I like looking at things on their smallest levels)

Edited by Rehab

Well. I personally think there's plenty of disturbing thoughts and emotions out there, sure. But if traced to their root, I don't think they necessarily represent purely misanthropic or hateful drives in origin. Moreso (or at least more often) hurt or confused ones, waiting/wanting to be set right

(not necessarily to say that everybody who's angry about something wishes they weren't angry about it, but that I think it's fairly safe to assume most people who're angry about something would prefer to have the root cause of their anger resolved, so that they didn't have to feel angry about it any more)

I guess I assumed that included in "empath" was the ability to read the source of an emotion, in addition to sensing it. Yeah just being able to know that somebody's mad doesn't sound as fun

(I'm also kind of fascinated with the idea of knowing exactly what sensations somebody else is feeling, both because there are so many things that might be factors in producing those sensations and because it's so hard to know the entirety of somebody else's perspective for sure)

Er. . .not that. I think you'll see a lot of miserable people out there, and being surrounded by constant negativity ain't fun.

Ah. I guess I just assume everybody has at least some problems that can get the pretty down? So I'm close enough to okay with that idea

(although it would be nice to have it be an active use power, yeah, as opposed to Professor X suddenly hearing a shitload of voices when he was a kid)

Edited by Rehab