Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

How do you think you will access the different paths after you are locked into one? Like, will you just purchase the DLC and be able to access it from the menu? Will a choice become available in-game? Or will it be an entirely different 3DS application that you have to download separately, because obviously if you choose in Chapter 6 the download contains both Nohr and Hoshido lines.

I'm very confused.

Okay, if you buy one version of the game, you only get that side of the game, and have to buy the other side through dlc. I'm assuming when you buy the dlc you can either have the choice available in chapter 6, or when you start a new game have the option to choose your side.

And if you buy the edition with both games already on it, you'll just have the choice at chapter 6 like normal. There's going to be a choice for you to choose sides at some point in the game no matter what once you've got both versions obtained.

Edited by TwinBlade

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you think you will access the different paths after you are locked into one? Like, will you just purchase the DLC and be able to access it from the menu? Will a choice become available in-game? Or will it be an entirely different 3DS application that you have to download separately, because obviously if you choose in Chapter 6 the download contains both Nohr and Hoshido lines.

I'm very confused.

Nobody knows for sure yet, but you probably just make a choice at some point - either in the beginning or in chapter 6 (apparently Nintendo has said both). I'm sure we'll find out more once the game is released in Japan.

Is it likely that they'll release some tutorial videos to explain the new stuffs like they did with Awakening?

Almost definitely. It makes good marketing material.

EDIT

I'm very confused.

It will probably be an in-game choice during Chapter 6.

I think the digital version will contain data for both paths, like how some games already have the DLC built in.

Edited by VincentASM

So, if I buy the Online version, will I be able to start one Nohr file and one Hoshido file? Or will I be stuck with whatever I choose in the beginning? I really hope it's the former.

In Japan at least, you choose a campaign in Chapter 6 and then the other choice is permanently locked.

If you want to unlock the other choice, you need to buy the other campaign as DLC, like the packaged version.

IS were just lazy to make two versions of the digital version...

In Japan at least, you choose a campaign in Chapter 6 and then the other choice is permanently locked.

If you want to unlock the other choice, you need to buy the other campaign as DLC, like the packaged version.

IS were just lazy to make two versions of the digital version...

Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just make the downloadable version the limited edition, even if the price was higher. Just another reason why I dislike how they're handling this.

also idk which of Marx and Ryouma looks better in a dress but they're both working it

Edited by Owain Dark

^ So if i cant find a physical version or i like not having to worry about losing the cartridge i need to pay for a third path and both versions before i even play the game.

Edited by goodperson707

User Ryo kindly pointed out over in the music thread that a 2ch user uploaded some lyrics to the Dancer's song in the trailer. I translated it on my blog, but also posted in spoilers below for convenience. I also included Romaji. (The blog contains the notes for the way some things were translated if anyone is curious)

伝う水筋
その手が開く明日は
光へ手を伸ばす

穢れなき金の剣
まどろみ 想いを断ち切って
伝う静謐

伝承 柔く光散って
闇は去りゆく
暁一人想う

tsutau mizu suji
sono te ga hiraku asu wa
hikari e te o nobasu

kegare naki kin no tsurugi
madoromi omoi o tachigitte
tsutau seihitsu

denshou yawaku hikari chitte
yami wa sariyuku
akatsuki hitori omou

From a vague lineage
Comes a hand that will reach toward a light
Opening a path to tomorrow

The un-corruptable golden sword
Will slash those hopes from their slumber

And lead to prosperity
That soft light will scatter
And chase the darkness away
Like a one man sunrise

Edited by Kirokan

Seems like the dancer has a lot of faith in Kamui.

I wonder if she's some kind of seer, the reason she has so much confidence in Kamui is because she's seen the future.

Seems like the dancer has a lot of faith in Kamui.

I wonder if she's some kind of seer, the reason she has so much confidence in Kamui is because she's seen the future.

I have a feeling this is the case. Both ways you are vanquishing darkness (The Nohr from the inside in Black, the Nohr with the Hoshido on your side in white)

If she cannot see the future, perhaps she sees the path that is not taken instead. "What could have been" alluding to the other path you can take.

Seeing the path not taken would be an interesting twist.

Right?

That reminds me A LOT Tales of the Abyss opening where it says a boy with scarlet hair shall lead Kimlasca to unprecented prosperity.

I suppose it is generally prophetic. She may be a seer of some sorts along with the dances or something, as someone had said. Holy dancing.

And then Kamui chokes her?

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Could be a nice little plot twist, depending on how they handle it.

Or, it could be emphasizing that depending on the choices you make, you could either crush your symbol of hope (the dancer) or perhaps the light (fire emblem and general goodness) will prevail and overpower the dark.

A theory someone brought up is Kamui loosing control of their spirit form and choking her, thinking she's a threat.

Or maybe Kamui initially sees her as an antagonist and attacks.

A theory someone brought up is Kamui loosing control of their spirit form and choking her, thinking she's a threat.

[spoiler=Awakening]

So kinda like the Avatar killing Chrom in Awakening?

Hopefully they won't do that in this game because it would just be the same thing over again.

Edited by Dan

[spoiler=Awakening]

So kinda like the Avatar strangling Chrom in Awakening?

Hopefully they won't do that in this game because it would just be the same thing over again.

Well Rufure didn't strangle Chrom so much as outright kill him.

Either way, I can't see Kamui killing Dancer.

Unless it was like part of getting the worst ending.

Well Rufure didn't strangle Chrom so much as outright kill him.

Either way, I can't see Kamui killing Dancer.

Unless it was like part of getting the worst ending.

Sorry, that's what I meant. I'm just saying it would be unoriginal if they have the MU character kind of insane and killing the other main character.

Hmmmm, I wonder what if Dancer girl ends up killing the other main character and then defects or shows that her alignment was towards the monster faction the entire time and BAM! She's the main villain of the Third DLC path. I'd certainly be up in the forums typing furiously at such an unexpected twist. I only come up with this idea since there must be a deeper reason as to why she's following you regardless of which path is taken

Heck maybe in the teaser trailer, Kamui is strangling the dancer chick because she intentionally found a way to break him or she's the real villain all along.

I'm gonna cry if she's the main villain. Like legitimately start crying.

But it would be one hell of a brilliant twist.

My own theory on Dancer is that she's a moriai, someone who guards the strings of fate. She's following Kamui around because of the impact they're going to have on the world's fate. Or perhaps she's in charge of Kamui's fate in general, and follows them to see how things play out.