Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

If you don't have a world map how would you activate the grinding dlc?

Maybe they could bring back the "Base" mechanic from PoR/RD where you have several options as to what to do before a battle, and one of the options could be like "Travel to the Outrealm Gate" where you can activate/play DLC.

I'm hoping that on the Nohr side you can freely traverse the World Map after defeating the final boss. It'd make sense if the reason why you couldn't freely travel had to do with something like "Due to your decision there are several Hoshidan assassins trying to kill Kamui and now Nohr finds the easiest way to protect Kamui is to have him stay under cover until peace rolls around again." Also because if I play Nohr I want to be able to train my streetpass team during the postgame, assuming Streetpass works the same way.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there will not be any kind of grinding DLC.

Hope. I try to have it, and strangely enough, I succeed, because, again, like the reclass system, it would be just weird.

Heck, maybe there will not be any map. Pfah, yeah, I'm pushing it, but it's not impossible.

And I dunno for you, but a base with a big fat DLC sounds ugly. Same with it being on the main menu of the game. Oh boy, the so unsexy picture I have inside my head. ><

Edited by B.Leu

I was just reading the April Direct Analysis and it says

Garon then grabs out to the camera, which may seem innocent in itself (ignoring his menacing face and the brutal execution that just occurred), but again what if this is from the perspective of the Avatar?

This is more rampart speculation, but perhaps the Hoshidan male was the Avatar’s father and this is the exact moment when Garon took in the infant Avatar and raised him/her as his own brethren.

In the trailer Garon says "生かしてやろう、我が子としてな," which means "I'll let you live, as my child." So what you said there is pretty much confirmed. Garon is in fact reaching towards the Avatar to take him/her to raise as his own child. This is also more evidence that the man being executed is probably the Avatar's father.

So why is Garon taking in his enemy's child as his own (and apparently not changing his name...)? My best guess would be that he knows about the dragon bit and wants the power of a dragon on his side. How original.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm sure there's a 'You are not related to Hoshidan' twist.

Maybe they were lying to Kamui, maybe not, but, I just feel it.

And there's also the question of how did Kamui get his Manakete powers, maybe a blood pact, but I doubt it.

So why is Garon taking in his enemy's child as his own (and apparently not changing his name...)? My best guess would be that he knows about the dragon bit and wants the power of a dragon on his side. How original.

Being from one kingdom's royalty but raised by another kingdom's royalty (with or without your knowledge) is kind of common in japanese anime/manga/games/etc. and there's not always a reason, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's no reason ever given. That being said, wanting a dragon on your side is probably it, like you said. Or maybe some sort of prophecy about you or something. Whatever it is, it probably won't be original.

There'd be lots of reasons to do that. Have a permanent hostage making it difficult for the other royal family to attack you, or to have a loyal puppet you can put on the hoshidan throne by arranging the deaths of those in front of them in line for the kingdom.

Nohr might have a world map, just no monster, entombed, or creature grinding quests appear. I would be shocked if one game had a world map and the other didn't, even if Nohr's map was unlocked after beating the path, it would still seem strange. I'm guessing you will have a world map for both, just no opportunities to grind on the Nohr side.

Edit: To elaborate, reasons for might needing a world map on the nohr side even with no grinding opportunities.... What IF (going to capitalize that from now on just cause.) you can go back to each chapter and visit villagers and observe the aftershock of your decisions in that chapter? And be granted rewards, or possibly robbed by looters if you did something that affected the area badly. Fruit for thought, certainly something I, and I'm sure plenty others wouldn't mind seeing.

Someone mentioned hoping people would make a playthrough and translate as they go, well, shadowofchaos did that for Awakening, and I plan to do so as well. I was able to understand most of Awakenings dialogue when I played through it. I'll likely do a rough translation in subtitles or read it to you as I play, though that might take a bit longer.

I plan on gathering some "consumer info" from the good folks here when I start my playthrough to see how you all would like me to translate. After or during. Popular vote to see which path you'd like to see first though I won't go in detail as it's off topic.

Edited by TwinBlade

I will be particularly amazed if he did this so his stepson would use his claim on the Hoshido throne to consolidate both kingdoms.

Can anyone translate what Kazahana's dialogue is?

Do you mean from the screen shot in the analysis?

当たり前だよ!このカザハナ、

It's obvious! I,

Obviously without a follow up line that sounds a little odd. XD

Do you mean from the screen shot in the analysis?

当たり前だよ!このカザハナ、

It's obvious! I,

Obviously without a follow up line that sounds a little odd. XD

''I'' is a that big as a word?!Also what about her dialogue with that red haired guy?Thanks in advance

Edited by JayTheKing

Not really liking the fact they pulled a pokemon on this. Its kinda looking like a RD scenario where you play as different sides, except in separate games >_>. Not really digging the kamui dragon hax either, its a kinda cliche. Buuuut, Nintendo knows I'm already going to buy both sides so we'll see how this plays out

God Damnit Nintendo

''I'' is a that big as a word?!Also what about her dialogue with that red haired guy?Thanks in advance

EDIT: Ah, I realized that screen shot was right before the longer line in the trailer, so they are connected when I thought them separate. So here is them together:

Kamui:

君たちも戦ってくれるのか?

So you all will fight for me?

当たり前だよ!このカザハナ、サクラ様に最も信頼されている臣下として、御身をお守りするのは当然のことだわ!

"Of course! As Sakura-sama's most loyal retainer, it is expected of me to protect you!"

このカザハナ is literally "This Kazahana", a way to refer to herself, which would sound really odd to say in English. XD So I just translated it as "I"

Sama being a honorific for Lord/Lady/etc

Edited by Kirokan

Not really liking the fact they pulled a pokemon on this. Its kinda looking like a RD scenario where you play as different sides, except in separate games >_>. Not really digging the kamui dragon hax either, its a kinda cliche. Buuuut, Nintendo knows I'm already going to buy both sides so we'll see how this plays out

God Damnit Nintendo

True but for some reason it's an endearing trait. I have no idea why I think that, or why that seems to be a good thing cause it's really not, but I'm with you on buying both sides and all that other stuff. It's times like these where I love Nintendo with a little side of hatred.

Edited by DualMix

So it sounds like we might get what is Japan's downloadable version (single game with locked choice at Ch 6) and have to buy the other separately. Either way, we only buy one version up front.

I am okay with this.

So it sounds like we might get what is Japan's downloadable version (single game with locked choice at Ch 6) and have to buy the other separately. Either way, we only buy one version up front.

I am okay with this.

Hope your right because I want to do Nohr.

side first.

Speaking of the box art, I just noticed a small little detail for the Japanese box art. For the Hoshido version, the title is slightly above and for the Nohr version, the title is slightly lower. It's a rather meaningless detail but I guess it signifies the "Heaven" and "Hell" aspects of the two. Other then that, I still don't know much about the butlers on the two boxes, and I'm sure no one else does either. Hmmm....

I am okay with this.

This would still displease me as it's basically making us pay to unlock content already on the cart we bought. Plus since Nintendo's eShop service locks downloads to your console and not your account it might create problems for people with more than one 3DS. It is better than having two versions though, at least the choice aspect will be in the actual game.

T-that's huge...

Nice. /desktopbackground.jpg

Edit: Can any talented artist fix that bloody right foot? It's distracting when enlarged.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97876165/kamui_f1_2.jpg

someone asked for a foot fix?

praise photoshop for having a brush that emulates pencil strokes decently; It seems Kozaki draws out his lines in pencil, scans it, then colors it in a digital medium of choice

(also someone else host this im running out of space in my dropbox)

Edited by Thor Odinson

Something I've been wondering about: it's pretty much confirmed that the color of the dancer's dress will depend on the side you choose (whether it's the same side or the opposite). With the two versions of the game for Japan, her dress color can be set from the beginning, no problem there. But with the digital version, the game will only know your allegiance after chapter 6, so it becomes hard to assign a dress color for the dancer. So will the dancer not appear before chapter 6? or maybe there will be a third color for her dress?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97876165/kamui_f1_2.jpg

someone asked for a foot fix?

praise photoshop for having a brush that emulates pencil strokes decently; It seems Kozaki draws out his lines in pencil, scans it, then colors it in a digital medium of choice

(also someone else host this im running out of space in my dropbox)

Thanks so much for fixing it! The foot thing bothered me so much :P

Edited by Red Fox of Fire