Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

In times like these, I really wish I spoke Japanese.

Then I could translate the trailers or even import the game sooner and tell all my SF bros and sisters what it's like between spoiler tags.

I hope someone here does this, at least.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do Kamui's lines translate to at 1:25-1:27?

Basically just him saying he chooses Hoshido/Nohr.

I'm curious if anyone who is better at Japanese has translated the song lyrics... Anything interesting?

They better have more than three available save files in this if what they're saying about the content's right.

They'll probably bring that back as well, so I wouldn't worry. Maybe bookmarks but I never used them so I don't care on way or another.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/details-differences-two-version-fire-emblem/

It's looking like Nohr will be more like traditional fire emblem (no world map grinding. Maybe no arenas either (but the faction is inspired by Rome so that's a tossup).

While Hoshido plays more like Awakening with all types of grinding available to you.

Huhh...that's pretty interesting. I wonder what the third option will have?

What I wonder about is how differently each game will play as a result of the World Map only being included in Hoshido. When you think about the possibility (which is now more valid due to the 6 skill slots) of reclassing returning, how different the significance of class change in each game would be.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/details-differences-two-version-fire-emblem/

It's looking like Nohr will be more like traditional fire emblem (no world map grinding. Maybe no arenas either (but the faction is inspired by Rome so that's a tossup).

While Hoshido plays more like Awakening with all types of grinding available to you.

I'm not seeing anything about that in the article?...

I'm not seeing anything about that in the article?...

Yeah the Norh plays like the fire emblem like 7, 6 and the other games before it so no world map for us Norh fans but Hoshido side gets a world map talk about bias and favoritism. I am a little Salty about that but it is what it is.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

What I wonder about is how differently each game will play as a result of the World Map only being included in Hoshido. When you think about the possibility (which is now more valid due to the 6 skill slots) of reclassing returning, how different the significance of class change in each game would be.

Exactly, I'm wondering will Hoshido be built around grinding or will it just provide the option to grind? I'm thinking the difference between Sacred Stones and Awakening. You didn't need to grind at all in SS, while Awakening built its mechanics around the assumption that the player will have to do some grinding to achieve the best results.

It seems a little like adding unnecessary work to the development if Hoshido is like that and Nohr has a totally different set of guidelines, so I'm thinking (and hoping) the skill system among other things may have changed and grinding won't be so necessary.

Also, did anyone notice that the last two avatar protagonists have names from characters in FE Gaiden? :P

Kamui in Gaiden and if are indeed both カムイ (kamui), but Awakening Robin is ルフレ (rufure) while Gaiden Robin is ロビン (robin).

So I just noticed a little detail while rewatching the trailer

The dialog boxes seems to be color coded to reflect which side you join.

I made an Imgur album so as to not post too many pictures here, but long story short, it seems like the boxes start as the standard brownish beige but change color (white and green for Hoshido and dark and purple for Nohr) once you decide which country you'll side with.

So I just noticed a little detail while rewatching the trailer

The dialog boxes seems to be color coded to reflect which side you join.

I made an Imgur album so as to not post too many pictures here, but long story short, it seems like the boxes start as the standard brownish beige but change color (white and green for Hoshido and dark and purple for Nohr) once you decide which country you'll side with.

Nice find

Don't worry guys, I am sure the third path will allow people to recruit most if not all of the playable characters from both sides. More, for those worried about a lack of grinding for the Nohr path, I am sure they will release a grinding DLC like they did for Awakening.

Don't worry guys, I am sure the third path will allow people to recruit most if not all of the playable characters from both sides. More, for those worried about a lack of grinding for the Nohr path, I am sure they will release a grinding DLC like they did for Awakening.

If you don't have a world map how would you activate the grinding dlc?

If you don't have a world map how would you activate the grinding dlc?

Who knows, maybe here will be an option via a menu? I am absolutely positive they will do this to some extent for the Nohr side.

Who knows, maybe here will be an option via a menu? I am absolutely positive they will do this to some extent for the Nohr side.

I wonder, if you get the special version with both sides, if you have to buy grind dlc for both sides. "Nohr special dlc grind" vs "Hashido special dlc grind"