Known Information (2nd April)

VincentASM

Something I've been wondering about: it's pretty much confirmed that the color of the dancer's dress will depend on the side you choose (whether it's the same side or the opposite). With the two versions of the game for Japan, her dress color can be set from the beginning, no problem there. But with the digital version, the game will only know your allegiance after chapter 6, so it becomes hard to assign a dress color for the dancer. So will the dancer not appear before chapter 6? or maybe there will be a third color for her dress?

I think her default outfit is the white dress, since she appears to be from Hoshido. I imagine that depending on which route you take, circumstances will have her on your side either way. If you choose Hoshido, things for her will proceed as normal in her white dress, but if you choose Nohr, she could possibly be taken as a sort of political prisoner and forced into the black dress.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think her default outfit is the white dress, since she appears to be from Hoshido. I imagine that depending on which route you take, circumstances will have her on your side either way. If you choose Hoshido, things for her will proceed as normal in her white dress, but if you choose Nohr, she could possibly be taken as a sort of political prisoner and forced into the black dress.

Ah, I see. She doesn't look like a typical Hoshido person, but then again, neither does Kamui. I just hope they have a good explanation for her background and everything :)

Ah, I see. She doesn't look like a typical Hoshido person, but then again, neither does Kamui. I just hope they have a good explanation for her background and everything :)

Well perhaps Kamui's hair was dyed by the Norh royals so he'd look more like them. Then again, he is an Avatar so who knows at this point. But I wouldn't worry, as Dancer is most likely a plot-essential character and therefore will have a good backstory. And also about why she looks like Lucina.

It would be rather interesting if they stated he dyed his hair into his current color. At the very least, it would make his lineage less of a conundrum to feasibly believe. I could see a white or blonde haired boy being a child of Garon, but being the child of Porcupine the First and the Yamato Nadeshiko Queen who are both brown haired having white hair stretches it and even worse with the customization options that will be available.

Now that begs the questions, who are Sakura's parents? Did someone just carry a very recessive gene in their blood that rose to prominence recently in Hoshido?

Well perhaps Kamui's hair was dyed by the Norh royals so he'd look more like them. Then again, he is an Avatar so who knows at this point. But I wouldn't worry, as Dancer is most likely a plot-essential character and therefore will have a good backstory. And also about why she looks like Lucina.

I really like the dyed hair theory. and I think the Lucina resemblance is just a coincidence, since they said that this game is not related to any previous entries.

But now I wonder how much customization we'll get with Kamui, since Robin was never shown in an official artwork without his/her hood up (besides maybe SSB, if that counts), and Kamui now has official artwork. I personally wouldn't mind if we only get to select gender, though.

EDIT: just read another post that guaranteed possible changes in appearance, so I guess the official artwork is for promotional purposes only.

Edited by Tsuky

Kamui could just be albino. He/She's also a dragon, so that could mean anything, really.

Edited by Ambulz

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97876165/kamui_f1_2.jpg

someone asked for a foot fix?

praise photoshop for having a brush that emulates pencil strokes decently; It seems Kozaki draws out his lines in pencil, scans it, then colors it in a digital medium of choice

(also someone else host this im running out of space in my dropbox)

I'm still amazed that got through the quality control...great job on this!

No their expressions are clearly different. The OA depicts a sorrowful (?) expression while the ingame portrait is just... normal (?).

Dem eyes

Edited by Quintessence

So it sounds like we might get what is Japan's downloadable version (single game with locked choice at Ch 6) and have to buy the other separately. Either way, we only buy one version up front.

I am okay with this.

I hope you are right.But the post says that Japan gets two version while we get one of their versions with the other as DLC.So we will probably get one and the discounted second.Grrr....I hate DLC!

This would still displease me as it's basically making us pay to unlock content already on the cart we bought. Plus since Nintendo's eShop service locks downloads to your console and not your account it might create problems for people with more than one 3DS. It is better than having two versions though, at least the choice aspect will be in the actual game.

Didnt they fix that?I might be mistaken but I think they fixed that with the miiverse update last year.

(also someone else host this im running out of space in my dropbox)

http://i.imgur.com/5cyYZDv.jpg

Mostly unrelated to the current conversation

http://i.imgur.com/P9IGwV0.jpg

Am I incorrect in thinking that F Kamui's face in this picture is not the default face? Eyes seem too big compared to the OA we've seen.

Yeah, that's not the same face shown in her official art. Fringe is noticeably shorter, for one

Unrelated to that, but I like the design of the Cavalier that's next to her. What's that purple pink thing around the back of her neck though?

Edited by DodgeDusk

Unrelated to that, but I like the design of the Cavalier that's next to her. What's that purple pink thing around the back of her neck though?

Until I am proven wrong, I will insist that it's Ayanami Rei wearing some big pink headphones. But actually, I think it's just a weird spiky pauldron or neck-armor-piece.

Until I am proven wrong, I will insist that it's Ayanami Rei wearing some big pink headphones. But actually, I think it's just a weird spiky pauldron or neck-armor-piece.

Time travel confirmed.

Something I've been wondering about: it's pretty much confirmed that the color of the dancer's dress will depend on the side you choose (whether it's the same side or the opposite). With the two versions of the game for Japan, her dress color can be set from the beginning, no problem there. But with the digital version, the game will only know your allegiance after chapter 6, so it becomes hard to assign a dress color for the dancer. So will the dancer not appear before chapter 6? or maybe there will be a third color for her dress?

Thanks so much for fixing it! The foot thing bothered me so much :P

Sorry, that's probably a mistake.

I'll need to triple check, but I think you choose at the beginning for the digital version.

There's been too much information and I forgot to fact-check that part : /

EDIT: OK, I have no idea. Nintendo says both.

Edited by VincentASM

Just a small theory I came up with:While you have been ''abducted'' by Nohr you still go on regular trips to Hoshido.Thats why when, during Chapter 6, you are given the option of which side to choose you already have a mni Hoshidian army.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/january-2015-nintendo-direct/Jan_008.jpg

So what I think is you are on a trip to Hoshido till Chapter 6 and then the nohrian army attacks and you have to decide.

Edited by JayTheKing

Just a small theory I came up with:While you have been ''abducted'' by Nohr you still go on regular trips to Hoshido.Thats why when, during Chapter 6, you are given the option of which side to choose you already have a mni Hoshidian army.

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/january-2015-nintendo-direct/Jan_008.jpg

So what I think is you are on a trip to Hoshido till Chapter 6 and then the nohrian army attacks and you have to decide.

I don't think Kamui was allowed to visit Hoshido. In the trailer it even says 'your forgotten Hoshidan kin' and the text shows Ryouma introducing himself as your big brother and Hinoka who says 'All this time, I kept believing that we'd meet again.', which definitely hints that 1. Kamui doesn't know about being related to the Hoshidan royalty and 2. they clearly haven't seen Kamui in a long time.

I personally think that somewhere in the first 6 chapter, Kamui gets separated from the Nohrian and is somehow found by the Hoshidan.

Edited by LuxSpes

''I was born in Hoshido , yet raised in Nohr''

Thank you. Wonder when exactly this screencap takes place. Unless Kamui grows up knowing this information, the screencap has to take place after chapter six.

Thank you. Wonder when exactly this screencap takes place. Unless Kamui grows up knowing this information, the screencap has to take place after chapter six.

I'm pretty sure it takes place before chapter six. I noticed in the trailer that the dialogue boxes change colors depending on which path you take. In that scene between Kamui and the dancer, the text box is brownish beige, but in the scenes where you just announced your allegiance, the colors shift, whitish-green if you sided with Hoshido and dark purple if you side with Nohr.

My guess would be that Kamui knew that s/he was born Hoshido, but not that s/he was Hoshidan royalty.

(Of course I could be totally wrong about the color of the dialogue boxes having any meaning and the scene could take place after chapter 6)

You'll probably kill one of them depending of your side. Or both of them . :p

Though it would be fun to have somekind of complicated challenges/conditions to have both join or something like that.

Children are guilible after all. Mouahaha !

Edited by B.Leu

If we have to kill anybody depending on the route we take, I can only foresee killing Archer/Blond Marth and Ryouma/Marx. Leave the sisters out of it, IS. I don't think my heart could bear that...

I can't really think of a past FE (granted I'm not too familiar with tellius or gaiden since I only played each tellius game once and never gaiden) where they make you kill an effectively-unarmed teenage kid at any rate, the only teenager I can even think of being killed by player-side is Julius (Ishtar is a bit older I think? not sure) and that's because he had an evil dark dragon inside of him poor kid

Both younger sisters look young and are also healers so I really doubt you'd have to kill them? Unless they really levelled up offscreen and promoted to war cleric while you aren't looking and came at you with an axe that is entirely different

I don't see why not with the older ones though, one of them has an axe and the other a spear and if they're gonna stab/cleave you in the face what are you gonna do

I don't want Ryouma and Marx to die either I want them to like, get married to promote peace and prosperity maybe that's the 3rd route

Edited by Thor Odinson