Famitsu interview - FULL VERSION (with new screenshots!)

Ryo

The skill looks the same as Res+2 from Awakening, so that makes sense.

Reclassing doesn't reset back to level 1? That sounds amazing.

That's still speculation at this point, of course.

Edited by Ryo

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, good point L95, I forgot about that ! But... he doesn't have anything equipped, so why ?...

He seems to have a +2 skill, does green stats include skills ?

It would seem that way. It's the resistance +2 skill from Awakening, and his green stat is resistance. Same thing with Aqua and Luck +4.

Such a big amount of information in a single image, though. I also heavily dislike Oboro's face, but I'm mostly alone on this one apparently, so who cares.

Edited by Cysx

I actually dislike Oboro's face as well, the moe eyes kinda clash with the angry eyebrows, making an odd expression that I can't quite place...

I'll consider it a net good thing, as it at least isn't sameface and differentiates her facially.

Edited by L95

If third tiers are a thing, like some are speculating, then it's highly likely that Ryoma is a third tier. But if that's the case what does that mean for Paladin? I figured they were trying to make the siblings as symmetrical as possible, so that'd mean that Marx would have to be a third tier as a Paladin. If Paladin becomes a third tier what would take its place as a second tier?

I think Oboro is a woman.

Edited by Honey Bunny

It would seem that way. It's the resistance +2 skill from Awakening, and his green stat is resistance. Same thing with Aqua and Luck +4.

Such a big amount of information in a single image, though. I also heavily dislike Oboro's face, but I'm mostly alone on this one apparently, so who cares.

Definitely not the only one lol. Not a fan of it either.

Interestingly, Javelins and similar ranged weapons (such as Hand Axes, most likely, and not naturally ranged weapons like Tomes or Hidden Weapons) can no longer double attack.

RIP Javelins and Hand axes

1990-2012

(That combined with their usual lower hit chance kind of makes them useless)

While Nohr is Western-themed, it also carries a dark atmosphere; its castle even stands in the middle of a giant hole in the ground. So there’s a feeling it’s not your typical Western fantasy nation.

In terms of the setting, Hoshido is a pacifist kingdom with exceptional peace and order. In contrast, Nohr is subject to terrible weather conditions, leading to poor crop yields and a lack of law and order. In order to expand Nohr’s influence, King Garon orders his children to invade Hoshido.

Nohr is all about that Thug Life

But unlike the female-only Pegasus Knights of yore, these Pegasus Warriors can be male or female. They are also a promoted class, with access to Bows in addition to Lances.

Wait, promoted from what? Also bows? Pegasus VS Pegasus battles will be lethal. (Does this make Hinoka a prepromote?).

Well we've already seen a few pegasi, that could mean third tier for them, or something like in FE11 where you had Horseman who were promoted from hunters but you got some really early?

"Parallel Seal, sounds like nerfed Second Seal, although I still don't like reclass as a whole, I'm okay with this.

Wait, is it certain that Pegasus Warrior is a promoted unit? Because I actually read it as "it'll promote to an upper-class that wields bow". But again, my Japanese is iffy, so...

Hmm, yeah, I think I may have read the paragraph wrong.

I didn't take into account that "Class Change" can mean reclassing.

So yeah, Pegasus Warrior is probably a base class.

It's going to be interesting to see how Nohr can stand up to Hoshido, given that the former seems to have several problems that would make an invasion more difficult. Given the bling-bling armors of this game, I wouldn't have expected Nohr to have financial troubles. Although I guess Camilla can't even afford a complete set har har har.

This has given me hope that Garon will be somewhat sympathetic, but he just looks to evil for that, which is never a good indication in Fire Emblem.

If third tiers are a thing, like some are speculating, then it's highly likely that Ryoma is a third tier. But if that's the case what does that mean for Paladin? I figured they were trying to make the siblings as symmetrical as possible, so that'd mean that Marx would have to be a third tier as a Paladin. If Paladin becomes a third tier what would take its place as a second tier?

I think Oboro is a woman.

According to the Joker screenshot, Paladin is on the same level as Great Knight and Strategist and presumably Butler, so it's probably second tier.

Hmm, yeah, I think I may have read the paragraph wrong.

I didn't take into account that "Class Change" can mean reclassing.

So yeah, Pegasus Warrior is probably a base class.

Ah okay, that would explain it.

I think the royal siblings probably won't be completely symmetric.

Leon is almost definitely a promoted Dark Knight, while Takumi is probably an unpromoted Bowman/Archer. So I wouldn't be surprised if Hinoka is unpromoted, while Camilla is... something?

Oboro ? The lance-dude with a narm face ? Yeah I dislike him too.

So, it seems like the abomination called reclassing will come back, don't mind me, I'm just facepalming my face against a wall.

While it is interesting to see it not resseting the level, isnt that just counter productive ? I mean, how does it works for the skills ? Do you gain them automatically or something ?
If you gain skills like that in the first place of course, but ah...

Parallel Proof looks like a reclassing item to me: the Touch Screen would show the unit after reclassing (as suggested by the unit's unusable items and how it looked like in Awakening), and said post-reclassing stat has non-zero experience.

It seems that Nohr units can only reclass into Nohr classes. I wonder if this applies to weapons as well.

I'm getting interested after reading all these, as it seems that we actually are going to have a more balanced game this time. I absolutely love the idea of bow pegasus units - I've always wanted them, and n Awakening there are already Dragonfoe and Beastfoe, and we have anti-magic Sorcerers and anti-axe Heroes.

Oboro ? The lance-dude with a narm face ? Yeah I dislike him too.

So, it seems like the abomination called reclassing will come back, don't mind me, I'm just facepalming my face against a wall.

While it is interesting to see it not resseting the level, isnt that just counter productive ? I mean, how does it works for the skills ? Do you gain them automatically or something ?

If you gain skills like that in the first place of course, but ah...

I think skills will be gained in the same way as before: by levelling up. Reclassing still allows for a range of skills, but if the level doesn't reset, then it means that units will only be able to get 4 skills by levelling up if works similarly to Awakening. Also reclassing may be more balanced in this game by the looks of things, so don't lose hope yet.

I think someone mentioned skill scrolls as well. They aren't hinted to return, but it'd be cool if they did.

Possible.

Strategist really looks like a Rod Knight promotion; it uses magic and staves, complimenting the staves.

Also, it's funny how it's got a very similar description to the Tactician/Grandmaster class, with its ability to "command battlefields" and "turn the tides of battle" (just fancy speak).

Wasn't Strategist the Japanese name of Robin's Tactician class?

Apparently Javelins and similar ranged weapons cannot double attack. Presumably this only affects swords, axes and lances, not naturally ranged weapons (like tomes or hidden weapons).

So Javelins and Hand Axes won't be broken for once? I kinda like that. Although the 1-2 range is still nice.

According to the Joker screenshot, Paladin is on the same level as Great Knight and Strategist and presumably Butler, so it's probably second tier.

I figured as much. So far I'm not convinced with the tier 3 theory.

I think the royal siblings probably won't be completely symmetric.

Leon is almost definitely a promoted Dark Knight, while Takumi is probably an unpromoted Bowman/Archer. So I wouldn't be surprised if Hinoka is unpromoted, while Camilla is... something

That doesn't seem too far fetched. I suppose tier 3s have a chance of happening if that's the case.

Your analysis of the royals looks accurate. That would mean that Hoshido has more royal units early on while Nohr gains most of theirs later. Unless Nohr just has a ton of early game pre-promotes.

Wasn't Strategist the Japanese name of Robin's Tactician class?

Yes, but it's written in Katakana here (literally a transliteration of the word strategist), while in Awakening it was in kanji and was called 戦術師 (apparently pronounced Senjutushi if the wiki isn't wrong)

Edited by L95