Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

Thanks! I didn't even notice I ordered them wrong >___<

BTW, just to reconfirm, does anyone have the default Levels when skills are gained? Is it just like Awakening? Eg. 1 and 10 for non-promoted, then 5 and 15 for promoted?

How does Singer (and the other classes with 4 skils) fit in?

Does it even work that way (with fixed levels)? How do you get the class skills from different classes if your level won't change back to 1 after a class change?

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it even work that way (with fixed levels)? How do you get the class skills from different classes if your level won't change back to 1 after a class change?

Every time you level up in a class you get a missed skill in that class(and the prepromoted class apparently)

You gain them one per level-up or, if you decided to swap at say level 19 or something, you'd gain them from the promoted class. Somebody confirmed that something like Great Knight would give skills from both cavalier and knight that way too.

Normal classes all seem to get their skills at 1 and 10 unpromoted and 5 and 15 promoted, yeah. Special classes are weird; they appear to get their first skills at 1 and 10 but I have Azura at 23 and she hasn't gotten her third skill yet. Maybe the third and fourth skills are at 25 and 35?

The various drain skills look so cool! How does one get them?

Via skill books, which I'm assuming are from a future DLC.

The Lodestar and Vanguard classes get one Drain skill each.

fe15skill_48.png

Copycat Puppet

Select the “Copycat” command once per map to create a puppet with the same appearance, abilities and HP as the user

I have a few questions about this skill. Does this skill effectively make a duplicate of the user that remains until it is either killed or the map ends?

Does this puppet start with the same weapons as the user? Can it also pair up and get the same support bounses the original would get?

And by "once per map" does it mean once per user, or only once period? As in, if you have 3 characters with this skill, can they each do it once (effectively giving you 3 extra units), or can only one of them use it and then it can't be used again by anybody?

Depending on the answers to these questions, this skill could potentially be even more broken than Galeforce. lol

Also, back in Awakening, children would get the last skills equipped by their parents upon entering whatever map introduces them. Does it work the same with the children in this game (meaning they start with one skill from the father and one from the mother in addition to their personal skill)?

I have a few questions about this skill. Does this skill effectively make a duplicate of the user that remains until it is either killed or the map ends?

Does this puppet start with the same weapons as the user? Can it also pair up and get the same support bounses the original would get?

And by "once per map" does it mean once per user, or only once period? As in, if you have 3 characters with this skill, can they each do it once (effectively giving you 3 extra units), or can only one of them use it and then it can't be used again by anybody?

Depending on the answers to these questions, this skill could potentially be even more broken than Galeforce. lol

Also, back in Awakening, children would get the last skills equipped by their parents upon entering whatever map introduces them. Does it work the same with the children in this game (meaning they start with one skill from the father and one from the mother in addition to their personal skill)?

Roughly speaking, the answer is mostly yes to all. Pretty sure each unit can use it once each. I'm pretty sure they can pair up, get the same bonuses as well.

Basically everything is the same. And yes duplicate weapons do appear in the inventory, but my guess is you obviously cannot er..abuse this

anything that happens to the original also happens to the puppet and vice versa. Including damage, inventory changes, and status effects.

The best use I've found is Pairing up with yourself.

Edited by someonewhodied

anything that happens to the original also happens to the puppet and vice versa. Including damage, inventory changes, and status effects.

The best use I've found is Pairing up with yourself.

So I'm assuming this means that the puppet can earn experience for the puppeteer then? That's good.

Do you also get healing if your copy gets healed? That seems decent if you want to save on/out of range for, physics or need to use a better staff.

From what I remember seeing on stream, that is the case.

That is good to know thx, if that also means healing skills aka Sol work then that should lower the drawback of also taking damage from your copy as you get more chances to activate Sol as well. And a decent amount of characters seem to able to get merc/ninja or fighter/ninja. Either naturally like Lazward or otherwise through marriage, Kaze paired with charlotte or luna, ect.

I kinda miss healtouch. It was useful for my healers. I'll also try to getget servant's joy for them and forget about the healers getting some damage (I'll still protect them from the stronger foes though).

Normal classes all seem to get their skills at 1 and 10 unpromoted and 5 and 15 promoted, yeah. Special classes are weird; they appear to get their first skills at 1 and 10 but I have Azura at 23 and she hasn't gotten her third skill yet. Maybe the third and fourth skills are at 25 and 35?

Azura got a new skill at level 25 for me. 35 would make sense for the other one (same amount of level ups as normal units), but she's not close to that level yet in my game.

What happens regarding Azura and the parallel seal? Can she use it from the start and change to an unpromoted Pegasus Warrior? Or does she need to get to a certain level and can only change straight to promoted classes?

So if the puppet runs out of HP, the user will die as well? That does put a limit on many of the possibilities I was wondering about. But also opens up several new ones. You could use rally skills on the character/puppet and also be boosting the other at the same time from across the map.

Would skills like "Distinguished Son" and "Battle Comand" effect both as long as just one of them is within range of the user?

And has anybody made a list of skills that appear to have been lost from Awakening? I haven't seen Acrobat, Armsthrift (for obvious reasons), Healtouch, Hit Rate +20, Quick/Slow Burn, Conquest, Shadow Gift (Noooo!...), or Rightful King (And here I was hoping we'd get access to Rightful God lol).

Shadowgfit is still here, as a Witch skill.

I think Acrobat is now the Ballistician's All-Terrain (with a Movement +1 effect, unless I read wrong), although it only works when you're a Ballistician.

Rightful King is now Hoshido.

The Avoid and Hit Rate skills got merged, but I dunno who has them. They're in the Miscelleneous Skills.

So if the puppet runs out of HP, the user will die as well? That does put a limit on many of the possibilities I was wondering about. But also opens up several new ones. You could use rally skills on the character/puppet and also be boosting the other at the same time from across the map.

Would skills like "Distinguished Son" and "Battle Comand" effect both as long as just one of them is within range of the user?

Much like this user, I would like to know everything about the Copycat Puppet skill.

So, I'd like to piggyback off this question of his and ask if you could even go as far as to give the user of Copycat Puppet the Sun God skill and have him stand next to his clone and heal himself for 40% at the start of every turn?

So many things though

More importantly, I don't know about you all but, from what I can tell, compared to Awakening (well it's kinda obvious since we only get 2 classes each by default, rather than 3), the skills available to most (I think) of the units is kinda lackluster of sorts.

Like er..maybe it's my own subjective opinion on what skills are good (Stat Sealing isn't exactly a top tier skill), but it seems all sorts of silly

(E.g. Great Merchant's skills are kinda....)

Presumably the added options from S/A+ could somewhat help, though we need a support chart to see if things can actually go that well

It's ironic because I just rebutted myself.

Then again, having "1" "good skill" isn't exactly enough

Sigh.

I do feel that Hoshido has slightly better skills though.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Shadowgfit is still here, as a Witch skill.

I think Acrobat is now the Ballistician's All-Terrain (with a Movement +1 effect, unless I read wrong), although it only works when you're a Ballistician.

Rightful King is now Hoshido.

The Avoid and Hit Rate skills got merged, but I dunno who has them. They're in the Miscelleneous Skills.

So I've been trying to wait until the tome info was dumped to ask this, but what exactly does shadowgift do in this game? Are their still dark tomes? Are they unusable by the hosidian side normally because they are not dark mages? I've been wondering about this for quite a while.

So I've been trying to wait until the tome info was dumped to ask this, but what exactly does shadowgift do in this game? Are their still dark tomes? Are they unusable by the hosidian side normally because they are not dark mages? I've been wondering about this for quite a while.

I'm pretty sure we at least have Nosferatu

All the Dark Mages are on Nohr though (unless you make Kamui one) so Hoshido probably won't get to use any dark tomes