Release hype thread

VincentASM

Seems like needless angst to justify very badly Gunther's very stupid and needless actions.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um dude not trying to be rude but I'm reading it and don't see where you are drawing this conclusion from at all.

Quote from Kirokan's post:'She(Being Mikoto)says that Shenmei was her older sister, but due to the Touma curse, she could not reveal this.'This makes them cousins.Menaing that if they married or get into a relationship, it would be incest.(Not that I think that is wrong I was just saying)(Sorry if I also sound rude).

Quote from Kirokan's post:'She(Being Mikoto)says that Shenmei was her older sister, but due to the Touma curse, she could not reveal this.'This makes them cousins.Menaing that if they married or get into a relationship, it would be incest.(Not that I think that is wrong I was just saying)(Sorry if I also sound rude).

Its cool but I don't think I can ship these two anymore now I know this sadly. Hilarious that they needed damn letters for the Hoshido siblings for the whole romance to work out only for them to pull this.....*sigh*

"The younger ones, Sakura and Elise playful with each other. Hinoka and Camilla reaching a mutual understanding, Takumi and Leon remarking on the situation casually, and the eldest Ryouma and Marx shaking over the vows. They all turn to see Kamui, and the two younger sisters pull Kamui in, as all the siblings say together that this is all an oath to Kamui, too." Oh my god I can just imagine this cutscene -clutches heart- Reading the summaries of all the chapters doesn't seem to do justice so I eagerly wait to play this for myself.

Edited by carefreejules

Waiting for the international release to see those cut-scenes is going to be murder...

Seems like needless angst to justify very badly Gunther's very stupid and needless actions.

Which actions? If you're talking about

his betrayal, then that was Anankos/Hydra possessing his body. If you're talking about him serving the Avatar then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by BlueSunStudios

That's more because

Anankos used Gunther's sadness at this as a way to possess him so that he could manipulate Kamui's army. Also, I'm thinking this happens after Garon's death and subsequent resurrection as a servant to Anankos, if I understand the story write-up correctly.

Yeah, I was talking about his betrayal, the thing... it just seem to freaking random as well as convenient as hell.

It sounds like something that was put here, 'just like that and just because', Same with him saying that his loved one were killed by Garon, heck, even the script seem to lampshade it by having everyone basically shrug at it, it comes off as a very poor justification for this whole deal, that shouldn't even be here, because well he is supposed to be mindcontrolled.

Even the mindcontrol thing don't make much sense, so Gunther dies in the invisible kingdom. Seeing this, Ankanos decide to ressurect and possess him, and use the hatred that Gunther have for Garon to do so ? The thing is, Garon and Ankanos are on the same side. Futhermore, nothing shown that Gunther was controlled/evil in the first place... so what gives ?...

... I might think too much about it, and to be honest, I have a hard time thinking. this path just give me such an headache.

I swear, it should be called the Convenient path. Or the BS path.

Edited by B.Leu

So...

We do end up with a real case of incest after all. This is going to be interesting to see in localization.

Then again, I honestly don't care for the CorrinxAzura pairing, so they can do whatever they want with it so long as I can still get the Hoshido and Nohr siblings

I think it's always best to take chapter summaries with a grain of salt considering the experience we get from reading the summaries is probably going to be vastly different from when we play it for ourselves.

Call me overly positive, but since a lot of things do get lost in translation, I'm sure things will be a lot more clear and concise for the localized release.

Edited by carefreejules

So...

We do end up with a real case of incest after all. This is going to be interesting to see in localization.

Then again, I honestly don't care for the CorrinxAzura pairing, so they can do whatever they want with it so long as I can still get the Hoshido and Nohr siblings

actually we already had

incest in this game since aqua and Kaimui are cousins, and Grey and Midoriko are also cousins, though they don't get kids of course but they are 2nd gen.

Yeah, I was talking about his betrayal, the thing... it just seem to freaking random as well as convenient as hell.

It sounds like something that was put here, 'just like that and just because', Same with him saying that his loved one were killed by Garon, heck, even the script seem to lampshade it by having everyone basically shrug at it, it comes off as a very poor justification for this whole deal, that shouldn't even be here, because well he is supposed to be mindcontrolled.

Even the mindcontrol thing don't make much sense, so Gunther dies in the invisible kingdom. Seeing this, Ankanos decide to ressurect and possess him, and use the hatred that Gunther have for Garon to do so ? The thing is, Garon and Ankanos are on the same side. Futhermore, nothing shown that Gunther was controlled/evil before... so what gives ?...

... I might think too much about it, and to be honest, I have a hard time thinking. this path just give me such an headache.

I swear, it should be called the Convenient path. Or the BS path.

Anankos controls people by basically exploiting their negative feelings or by resurrecting them as servants under his will. I think the former might be the reason for why Takumi ends up as the final boss, and besides that it seems likely that Anankos needed someone to possess so they could bring him to the Invisible Kingdom in addition to his plans to destroy both Hoshido and Nohr, if I've understood it correctly.

By this logic, killing Slime Garon and Takumi on the Conquest route, you stop both of these goals since Anankos's perfect puppet for inciting a war that could destroy the Hoshido and Nohr Kingdoms is gone (Garon) and Takumi ends up as his vessel on the Nohr route, whom you kill on that route, leaving him perhaps alive, but with no more means to further influence both kingdoms. On the Hoshido path, Anankos might have tried to make Garon into his vessel since Garon was never found out on that route.

As for why Gunther ends up no worse for wear on the Nohr route, Anankos may have found Takumi a worthier vessel to possess and manipulate on that route, due to his negative feelings in terms of his relationship with the Avatar. Also, since Gunther on that route basically sees Garon's transformation and subsequent death (and because the rules of the Invisible Kingdom means that it's safe for Aqua to show Kamui that something's wrong with Garon), this might bring closure to his own issues regarding Garon. Of course, I'm mostly speculating here.

actually we already had

incest in this game since aqua and Kaimui are cousins, and Grey and Midoriko are also cousins, though they don't get kids of course but they are 2nd gen.

Well, I already pointed out Corrin and Azura in my post. As for Grey and Midoriko, I imagine a "Companion" ending is coming their way much like OwainxLucina.

With Corrin and Azura though, I'm definitely curious to see what NoA does since there is actual blood relation in this one unlike the Hoshido/Nohr siblings.

Well, I already pointed out Corrin and Azura in my post. As for Grey and Midoriko, I imagine a "Companion" ending is coming their way much like OwainxLucina.

With Corrin and Azura though, I'm definitely curious to see what NoA does since there is actual blood relation in this one unlike the Hoshido/Nohr siblings.

yes, but there is still incest in this game before this revelation if you consider cousins incest which i was clarifying. And the fact that they will cover it up as clearly nonromantic doesn't change the fact that they at the very least leave cousin relationships open ended if not clearly romantic in the original version

Corrin is the child of Anankos, but Aqua is the child of the former Invisible King whom Anankos killed. So the question would be whether Anankos was related to the former Invisible King.

Corrin is the child of Anankos, but Aqua is the child of the former Invisible King whom Anankos killed. So the question would be whether Anankos was related to the former Invisible King.

It is Shenmei(Aqua's mother)and Mikoto(Kamui's mother)who are related.They are sisters.

we are talking about how apparently Mikito and aqua's mom are sisters not how they have related fathers.

From what I've read, that doesn't matter. Supposedly, Mikoto and Shunmei were sisters, making Corrin and Azura cousins.

I suppose in a way, it doesn't matter to much to me. Azura's personality seems eh so far so I don't really feel motivated to pair Corrin with her at this point. There are other girls I find more interesting.

And I couldn't care less about the "forced" part either, because back in Blazing Sword, Eliwood and Lyn was my favorite and no one, not even the game, can tell me otherwise.

I suppose in a way, it doesn't matter to much to me. Azura's personality seems eh so far so I don't really feel motivated to pair Corrin with her at this point. There are other girls I find more interesting.

And I couldn't care less about the "forced" part either, because back in Blazing Sword, Eliwood and Lyn was my favorite and no one, not even the game, can tell me otherwise.

I agree. I'm interested to see who else is out there. And Eliwood and Lyn are canon, what are you talking about?? Haha. But I agree, forced pairings are whatever at the end of the day, though I might have to do ONE game where I marry her, just to see how it is.

Same for me and Chrom x Olivia in Awakning, even though the game pulled no punches at the forced Sumia stuff (I just dont like Sumia lol)

And My Avatar x Tiki. Sorry Marth, I have to do this.

So question, if you own the special edition, you can just download the third path anytime correct? I think i remember hearing somewhere that the download for special edition only lasts for like a year or something to download before you have to pay for it?

Is this correct or is this just bs?

Edited by Xanek

...So if I'm reading this correctly

Ananakos/Hydra scored with both Kamui's mother AND his aunt?

...huh