"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

And regarding Fates' online play, is there something like a "etiquette" among the community when it comes to skills? Or is anything just fine as long as it isn't hacked, even if it would demand multiple playthroughs such as multiple children with Hoshidan Unity, etc.?

Honestly, Fire Emblem is meant to be a single player experience. Multiplayer isn't really something to take seriously overall. From what I can tell, if you really want to use units with illegitimate skills (ie. non-avatar first generation units with Hoshidan Unity or Nohrian Trust), only use them with friends (preferably if they're already aware that you're using hacked units).

Multiple children with Hoshidan Unity is perfectly legal due to skill buying and the fact that depending on gender, the avatar can be the parent of any child character.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got two more questions:

1. If you have Odin reclassed as a Dark Knight, Samuria, Swordmaster, or Master of Arms, does his Sword icon gets reset back to E since he used to be a Myrmidon in Awakening?

2. Is there any other paired characters that cannot be recruited together in all three routes in a similar Arran & Samson-type recruitment besides Izana in Birthright/Conquest & Fuga in Revelations (from the Hot Spring) and Yukimara in Birthright & Flora in Conquest/Revelations (from the Puppets in Birthright & Launchers, Fire Orbs, & Ballista in Conquest/Revelations)?

Edited by King Marth 64

I just got two more questions:

1. If you have Odin reclassed as a Dark Knight, Samuria, Swordmaster, or Master of Arms, does his Sword icon gets reset back to E since he used to be a Myrmidon in Awakening?

2. Is there any other paired characters that cannot be recruited together in all three routes in a similar Arran & Samson-type recruitment besides Izana in Birthright/Conquest & Fuga in Revelations (from the Hot Spring) and Yukimara in Birthright & Flora in Conquest/Revelations (from the Puppets in Birthright & Launchers, Fire Orbs, & Ballista in Conquest/Revelations)?

1. Yes Sword Rank is E.

2. Not directly, but

Scarlet dies at the beginning of the chapter after the one she joins in a story death which (unlike kaze's in birthrigth) can not be avoided.

Honestly, Fire Emblem is meant to be a single player experience. Multiplayer isn't really something to take seriously overall. From what I can tell, if you really want to use units with illegitimate skills (ie. non-avatar first generation units with Hoshidan Unity or Nohrian Trust), only use them with friends (preferably if they're already aware that you're using hacked units).

Multiple children with Hoshidan Unity is perfectly legal due to skill buying and the fact that depending on gender, the avatar can be the parent of any child character.

I have been following the series for quite some time, so i know. But i do enjoy this new co-operative twist on the game, and thus asked if there are "do's and dont's".

Pardon me, but apparently the more questions i ask, the more i come up with. On my Birthright playthrough, i somehow missed the S-Rank Yumi and Naginata locked in the chests in Chapter 24. Is there any way bar hacking to obtain them on that file? I've heard there's a function called parting gift to transfer items, but i have no idea how to access it.

Thanks in advance,

Sétanta

Edited by Sétanta

2. Not directly, but

Scarlet dies at the beginning of the chapter after the one she joins in a story death which (unlike kaze's in birthrigth) can not be avoided.

Well, I already know that Scarlet gets killed in Chapter 18 in Revalations and Kaze gets killed in Birthright if Corrin haven't got an A Support for him. I was only just asking in #2 if there are others paired playable characters that can't join together in all three routes like the four of them.

And also adding #3 and #4:

3. Which Einherjars from the past Fire Emblem games does it have in Fire Emblem Fates besides Minerva, Marth, Lucina, and Elincia? (I did see a YouTube video did show Marth and Lucina uses the TCG Artwork also instead of using their portraits from the amiibos)

4. If you have the option to set Corrin as a female and have Jakob join early, does Jakob actually take Felicia's place in the story setting dialogue in the DLC Xenologue chapters such as Before Awakening, Boo Camp, and Ghostly Gold?

Edited by King Marth 64

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can Azura sing in any other class other than Songstress? I have a feeling that she can't, but I'd like to confirm before I decide if I should reclass her or not.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can Azura sing in any other class other than Songstress? I have a feeling that she can't, but I'd like to confirm before I decide if I should reclass her or not.

She can only sing in the Songstress class. And to add on that, only the story Azura can sing (an Einherjar or Replica Azura cannot sing at all, regardless of class).

She can only sing in the Songstress class. And to add on that, only the story Azura can sing (an Einherjar or Replica Azura cannot sing at all, regardless of class).

Thanks for letting me know!

4. If you have the option to set Corrin as a female and have Jakob join early, does Jakob actually take Felicia's place in the story setting dialogue in the DLC Xenologue chapters such as Before Awakening, Boo Camp, and Ghostly Gold?

Yes, Jakob takes Felicia's spot in the dialogue when playing with a Female Corrin. The conversations are also slightly different.

I have finished Conquest, and am now at the Branch of Fate(Lunatic/Classic). Will there be any significant spoilers to the Birthright story if I play Revelations before Birthright?

I have finished Conquest, and am now at the Branch of Fate(Lunatic/Classic). Will there be any significant spoilers to the Birthright story if I play Revelations before Birthright?

If memory serves me right, no. Revelations and Birthright are very different in story, so there shouldn't be anything that spoils one or the other in terms of story.

If memory serves me right, no. Revelations and Birthright are very different in story, so there shouldn't be anything that spoils one or the other in terms of story.

I see, thank you.

For the Avatar's personal skill, does it matter if the supporting unit is paired up or not? I can't tell if they need to be paired up or adjacent for the avatar's skill to work. Also, does only the avatar get the benefit? As in, does it not work the other way around?

Edited by ToP

I see, thank you.

For the Avatar's personal skill, does it matter if the supporting unit is paired up or not? I can't tell if they need to be paired up or adjacent for the avatar's skill to work. Also, does only the avatar get the benefit? As in, does it not work the other way around?

The Avatar needs to be THE supporting unit in order for the skill to take affect. I'm not entirely sure how you think the skill works, but the skill grants the bonuses to the unit the Avatar is supporting, not the Avatar him/herself.

I see, thank you.

The Avatar needs to be THE supporting unit in order for the skill to take affect. I'm not entirely sure how you think the skill works, but the skill grants the bonuses to the unit the Avatar is supporting, not the Avatar him/herself.

In addition, yes, it does work in both cases - when the units are adjacent and when they are paired up, as long as the Avatar is the "backline" unit.

I've got a question myself - do the effects of multiple units with the Inspiration skill stack? In other words, if I put three units with Inspiration in a 2-tile range of each other, would each of them have +4 damage dealt/-4 damage received?

I've got a question myself - do the effects of multiple units with the Inspiration skill stack? In other words, if I put three units with Inspiration in a 2-tile range of each other, would each of them have +4 damage dealt/-4 damage received?

In a word: Nope. Skills don't stack with multiple copies of themselves.

In chapter 26 CQ, does Iago skip using a staff if there's no eligible target? (e.g. On turns where he's programmed to use Silence, there are no mages in range. Would he just use it next turn if there are mages in range or would he just use whatever staff is next in line instead?)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

In chapter 26 CQ, does Iago skip using a staff if there's no eligible target? (e.g. On turns where he's programmed to use Silence, there are no mages in range. Would he just use it next turn if there are mages in range or would he just use whatever staff is next in line instead?)

His sequence of which staff to use will pause, rather than skip, when there is no viable unit in range.

EXAMPLE: if Iago uses staff 2 on turn 3, and there is no unit in range on turn 4, but there is on turn 5, he will use staff 3 on turn 5.

I had to run through that chapter like 4 times because of berserker crazy crit (and hit) RNG.

Would Soleil make a good Nohr Noble?

A matter of opinion (and the parent). Soleil's most lacking stat is HP and her SKL and SPD are also "not fantastic", but her STR is absurd. Her MAG, however is nonexistant. If you want to make her as good as you can (not restricted to a Nohr Noble), make either a +HP or +SPD Femui to cover her weaknesses, marry to Laslow as soon as you can, buy Aptitude for her from someone's castle and go to town (ideally level as a Hero for as long as you can - the class growths help cover her weaknesses).

As mentioned though, Soleil literally has 0 base MAG growth - even a +MAG Corrin would only raise it to 25, so it's best to forget about her using any magic at all and focus on her physical side. As such, she's probably not a good Nohr Noble, as she can't very well make use of Tomes or Dragonstones (both running off her crummy MAG stat). She's going to use swords pretty well, though. Still, I'd say that you'd be better off leaving her as a Hero or making her a Swordmaster in that case.

His sequence of which staff to use will pause, rather than skip, when there is no viable unit in range.

EXAMPLE: if Iago uses staff 2 on turn 3, and there is no unit in range on turn 4, but there is on turn 5, he will use staff 3 on turn 5.

I had to run through that chapter like 4 times because of berserker crazy crit (and hit) RNG.

That was the other possibility I had in mind, and the one I feared was the case. In any case, thanks.

Just started my Revelations Playthrough, will the Hidden Truths DLC contain spoilers? (I've heard some dlc does).

In a word; yes.

Currently stuck on Conquest Chapter 24 due to terrible luck and me doing stupid mistakes. Is it worth bringing in fliers for this chapter as they can move greater distances in the whirlwind?

Currently stuck on Conquest Chapter 24 due to terrible luck and me doing stupid mistakes. Is it worth bringing in fliers for this chapter as they can move greater distances in the whirlwind?

No. It's actually a better idea to do the reverse - bring no fliers at all. Make sure to have units that can form a strong formation. Always camp on a Dragon Vein until Hinoka uses one (slows ground units, speeds fliers), then immediately use one of your own to reverse the effect and basically neuter fliers, then move quickly to the next Dragon Vein. At least that's how I did it.

EDIT: Have a question myself now. Does Foreign Princess affect enemies in PvP?

Edited by Nihilon

I wouldn't be surprised if this question has already been asked before, but here it goes anyway:

Does the Steel Bow truly decrease effective speed by 3 points, or is it more? I have a Niles with 22 speed, equipped with the Steel Bow, and for whatever reason he cannot double this enemy Berserker who has 16 speed and is equipped with a Steel Axe. Said Berserker does not have Wary Fighter. There was another instance where Niles had 21 speed, equipped with the Steel Bow, and he couldn't double an enemy Fighter, again equipped with a Steel Axe, but only had 14 speed instead. Like all steel weapons, the Steel Bow says it decreases effective speed by 3, but as I've explained, that cannot be the case, else in these two instances my Niles would have doubled these two enemies