"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

When is the child class/skill determined?

Is it the moment the parents have their S-conversation? Or when you start the child paralogue mission?

From my past experience, the skills seem to be determined when you finish the paralogue mission. Even if the child unit is on the map, if a parent learns a new skill during the map and you put that in his/her last skill slot, the child will inherit that skill instead.

For child class, they come as a pre-determined class. You can reclass them using heart seals based on what classes the parents are.

Edited by MapleRose

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many My Castles can you have at once that other people can visit? Is it just your most recent, or can anyone with the right card/castle address visit a castle, even if it's not the most recent one?

The my castle people will visit is the one you have most recently updated.

(I think) In most cases, it's when you start their paralogue. For Kana and Mitama, however, it's when you actually get them (might be that way for Asugi, Percy and Nina, too, but I don't know).

From my past experience, the skills seem to be determined when you finish the paralogue mission. Even if the child unit is on the map, if a parent learns a new skill during the map and you put that in his/her last skill slot, the child will inherit that skill instead.

For child class, they come as a pre-determined class. You can reclass them using heart seals based on what classes the parents are.

Thank you!

Indeed. This also means that if you have one or both of the parents have one skill in their last slot but replace those skills while in preparations for the paralogue, the skill will only be replaced after the chapter is completed.

This can help if you need a child to have certain skills to survive the map (Pavise/Aegis), but want them to inherit something else (weaponfaire and Replicate are my more popular inheritance options)

Question: Are there limits to what you can do with the Lunge skill and Entrap staff? I'm noticing in a My Castle battle I can't use the Entrap staff on anyone, and when I tried to use Lunge in Heirs of Fate 4 on Kiragi, the option to use it just didn't appear.

Edited by Xenomata

Question: Are there limits to what you can do with the Lunge skill and Entrap staff? I'm noticing in a My Castle battle I can't use the Entrap staff on anyone, and when I tried to use Lunge in Heirs of Fate 4 on Kiragi, the option to use it just didn't appear.

Immobile enemies (read as: enemies with a move stat of -) can't be targeted by Entrap or Lunged.

Immobile enemies (read as: enemies with a move stat of -) can't be targeted by Entrap or Lunged.

...oh.

I don't know if I'm more ashamed for not noticing that or ticked off that nothing was making it blatantly obvious to me.

Is there a way you can make My Castle invasions happen or do you have to wait till it appears on the map?

Castle Invasions happen at set times after completing certain chapters in the main story, though I cannot say which chapters cause Invasions to happen.

I unlocked my first child paralogue (Saizo's Child) and noticed that all enemies except the boss are not promoted units and Asugi did not had a offspring seal, However when I searched gameplay footage of this chapter, the player faced promoted enemy units and Asugi had the seal. Is there a way to make it so that you face promoted units instead? I like to gain more experience for units that are fallen behind.

I unlocked my first child paralogue (Saizo's Child) and noticed that all enemies except the boss are not promoted units and Asugi did not had a offspring seal, However when I searched gameplay footage of this chapter, the player faced promoted enemy units and Asugi had the seal. Is there a way to make it so that you face promoted units instead? I like to gain more experience for units that are fallen behind.

Enemy levels in child paralogues increase as you progress through the story so if you want to fight higher leveled enemies, you'll need to advance further in the story.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Enemy levels in child paralogues increase as you progress through the story so if you want to fight higher leveled enemies, you'll need to advance further in the story.

To be more exact, paralogues exclusively use promoted enemies after chapter 18.

I don't know if it's just me, but does Subaki have a unique Kinshi Knight model? He still retains the dark blue color characteristic of him but I can't confirm since I have no more seals to see others in the same class and compare the colors.

I don't know if it's just me, but does Subaki have a unique Kinshi Knight model? He still retains the dark blue color characteristic of him but I can't confirm since I have no more seals to see others in the same class and compare the colors.

Subaki's Kinshi Knight model is the same as a generic Kinshi Knight. I just checked.

AFAIK, each character only has one unique model for promoted classes, for instance Subaki in Falcon Knight, Hayato in Onmyoji, Charlotte in Berserker, or Elise in Strategist.

Can you reroll Bond Units? I saved the game while in someone else's castle, gifted an item that created a bond unit, made a separate save, then rebooted the old save. When I gifted an item again it only said the usual "bond has increased" message.

Is it just me, or do status staves seem to have lowered Hit in castle battles, and maybe PVP as well?

if you're the visitor, remember buildings' effects. if you accounted for that, then prob just you

if you're the visitor, remember buildings' effects. if you accounted for that, then prob just you

The thing is, even when they're in my castle, I rarely see staff hit rates above 60%, and those tend to be against units that have next to no resistance.

1. Selena cannot be recruited at all in Birthright so Caeldori cannot get her hair to begin with. Making Caeldori a mirror of Cordelia is a Revelation exclusive (and Einherjars don't trigger any special conversations).

I didn't say Selena is recruited in Birthright, I meant Selena as a permanent Sub-Boss Enemy Unit in Birthright. And also, doesn't Hinoka can give to any children that same hair color as Selena?

I didn't say Selena is recruited in Birthright, I meant Selena as a permanent Sub-Boss Enemy Unit in Birthright. And also, doesn't Hinoka can give to any children that same hair color as Selena?

I'm pretty sure that Caeldori doesn't have unique dialogue against enemy Selena in Birthright.

Hinoka and Selena actually donate different hair colors.

http://i.imgur.com/L52zCmE.png