"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

Wow this whole time I thought they were buildable from supports.

So has anyone reclassed Arthur to vanguard? I wanna make as much use of him as I can for my Lunatic CQ run while having alittle fun.

I haven't had him as a vanguard, but I've had a lot of fun with him as a sniper, which maximizes his high skill while minimizing the danger of his terrible ddg. Of course this means you have to have him marry Mozu but that's not a huge deal, either as a fighter or sniper he makes a great partner for Mozu, especially if you make her a dread fighter.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good are Lodestar!Silas, Witch!Elise, and Great Lord!Mozu? I'm using them for my first Conquest run.

I've had great experiences with Witch!Elise. She absolutely wrecks but she'll still be really fragile to start off with. Just be mindful of physical unit's ranges and she should dominate.

Is there a way to effectively farm stat boosters like in Awakening with StreetPass and Rift Doors? That was a godsend back then, especially for those characters with pathetically low defense/resistance growths.

Edited by Sétanta

Is there a way to effectively farm stat boosters like in Awakening with StreetPass and Rift Doors? That was a godsend back then, especially for those characters with pathetically low defense/resistance growths.

I don't think so, and for Conquest, it's a definite no.

Just finished Birthright yesterday, so it's Conquest time. In Birthright, I use this setup for Male Avatar:

2nd class: Mercenary

Boon +speed

Bane -luck

+S support with Anna

For Conquest I'm thinking of Samurai +Strength/Skill -Luck. I'm considering +Skill because I worry about the lack of Hoshidan Unity.

Should I choose Strength or Skill?

For +S support, which pairing goes well with Nohrian Trust? I don't really care about collecting the children (gonna leave that for Revelation), so any female partner will do. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

Edited by onmyoji

Just finished Birthright yesterday, so it's Conquest time. In Birthright, I use this setup for Male Avatar:

2nd class: Mercenary

Boon +speed

Bane -luck

+S support with Anna

For Conquest I'm thinking of Samurai +Strength/Skill -Luck. I'm considering +Skill because I worry about the lack of Hoshidan Unity.

Should I choose Strength or Skill?

For +S support, which pairing goes well with Nohrian Trust? I don't really care about collecting the children (gonna leave that for Revelation), so any female partner will do. Any recommendation?

Thanks.

Since you finished Birthright, did you record your avatar at the end? If you did, once you get to My Castle in Conquest, you can go and buy skills from your saved avatar. Can't buy DLC related skills though.

Then again...gold is tight in Conquest so you might be better off not spending it on skills unless you have the Ghostly Gold DLC and don't mind spending time farming gold there.

Skill will honestly help you out more than strength will due to the skills you could learn. Plus, skill boon does up the cap for strength as well, although not by much.

S+ support pairing idea in Conquest...really depends on what skills you want backing your MU in my opinion. Effie wouldn't be too bad for defensive skill Pavise. Or Nyx if you want Vengeance to help dish out damage.

Edited by Hothead9323

I don't think so, and for Conquest, it's a definite no.

What a letdown, but thank you for answering me, mister desert fox.

And while i'm at it, there are a few more things i have been wondering about:

• If i choose to add an obviously hacked unit from another castle to my roster, is there a chance that my own game file and castle will get blocked for others? I've read that everything that's openly available is fair game, but i'm not certain.

For example, i found a Level 3 Leo with maxed (green) stats and the skills of Replicate/Astra/Lethality/Luna/Rendheaven in another castle. This one has been obviously doped through hacking, and after comparing it to another Leo, his magic cap seems impossibly low. Units like those make for great farming fodder for the DLC maps, but can they somehow mess with my game file?

• Is there a way to manipulate the character limit for castle names bar hacking? Quite a few castles i came across have been breaking the space limit, and what kind of game does not allow me to name my castle "Neuschwanstein" because of space issues?

Thanks in advance,

Sétanta

What a letdown, but thank you for answering me, mister desert fox.

And while i'm at it, there are a few more things i have been wondering about:

• If i choose to add an obviously hacked unit from another castle to my roster, is there a chance that my own game file and castle will get blocked for others? I've read that everything that's openly available is fair game, but i'm not certain.

For example, i found a Level 3 Leo with maxed (green) stats and the skills of Replicate/Astra/Lethality/Luna/Rendheaven in another castle. This one has been obviously doped through hacking, and after comparing it to another Leo, his magic cap seems impossibly low. Units like those make for great farming fodder for the DLC maps, but can they somehow mess with my game file?

• Is there a way to manipulate the character limit for castle names bar hacking? Quite a few castles i came across have been breaking the space limit, and what kind of game does not allow me to name my castle "Neuschwanstein" because of space issues?

Thanks in advance,

Sétanta

Buying a hacked unit (even if it has illegal but non-enemy-only skills like Aptitude) from another castle wouldn't get you shadowbanned at all. (And that Leo example is a rather poor example because of statboosters and skill buying being a thing. The varying stat caps are due to the presence of character statues in that player's castle; for example, in a castle with no Magic-raising character statues, Leo's max Magic cap as a Dark Knight is 33.)

I'm not sure about the character limit to be honest aside of perhaps being based on the characters being used themselves. Though in all honesty, it's generally best to keep a castle name short and simple.

Hey, I didn't get an answer for this, so I'll ask again: Dragon Ward and Miraculous Save use the protected unit's luck rather than the user's. But what about proc boosting skills like Quixotic, Hoshidan Unity, and Lucky Charm? Do they need to be on the protected unit in order to boost the success rate, or the unit with the skill?

Edited by Alastor15243

Hey, I didn't get an answer for this, so I'll ask again: Dragon Ward and Miraculous Save use the protected unit's luck rather than the user's. But what about proc boosting skills like Quixotic, Hoshidan Unity, and Lucky Charm? Do they need to be on the protected unit in order to boost the success rate, or the unit with the skill?

I remember reading that the user of the skill needed to have those skills to boost the activation rate of those skills, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Hey guys its 10:44 now and 9.6 so the Day for Release revelations and New dlc but I nothing See anythink when its available? =__=

I'd assume it'd become available around noon. At least, that's how it was for us over here in the States.

Depends on whether you go MoA or SM. As for Nohrian Trust, perhaps, If you don't mind missing out on Kana and Nina, Niles. Barring that, maybe Mozu or Selena for Kinshi Knight!Kana?

Since you finished Birthright, did you record your avatar at the end? If you did, once you get to My Castle in Conquest, you can go and buy skills from your saved avatar. Can't buy DLC related skills though.

Then again...gold is tight in Conquest so you might be better off not spending it on skills unless you have the Ghostly Gold DLC and don't mind spending time farming gold there.

Skill will honestly help you out more than strength will due to the skills you could learn. Plus, skill boon does up the cap for strength as well, although not by much.

S+ support pairing idea in Conquest...really depends on what skills you want backing your MU in my opinion. Effie wouldn't be too bad for defensive skill Pavise. Or Nyx if you want Vengeance to help dish out damage.

Thanks for the input!

What determines what resources (gems and food) you get at your castle?

I keep getting the same stuff when I start from branch of Fates..

It's random and I'd have so start from the beginning to get something different, right?

Hello,

Quick question, I remembered that in Lunatic mode, your growth rate are fixed by the time you get the character, like you will always earn +1 at this specific level so you cannot re-roll your growth. My question is, will the skill "Aptitude" will be useless? Because you will always earn the specific point at the specific level when you get the character and that it is blocked, is "Aptitude" will change the data?

Edited by Jips

Hello,

Quick question, I remembered that in Lunatic mode, your growth rate are fixed by the time you get the character, like you will always earn +1 at this specific level so you cannot re-roll your growth. My question is, will the skill "Aptitude" will be useless? Because you will always earn the specific point at the specific level when you get the character and that it is blocked, is "Aptitude" will change the data?

Lunatic growths work in that it rolls the numbers to see if a growth goes through once you recruit the character (0-99 for every stat for every level).

For example, Silas has a Cavalier has 60 skill growth and 55 luck growth. As a Mercenary, he has 70 skill growth and 45 luck growth. If you're playing Lunatic Conquest, he starts at level 6 Cavalier. If the game rolls a 63 for skill and a 49 for luck for level 7, and he levels up as a Cavalier, he'll get no skill and a point of luck. If you reclassed him to Mercenary while he is still level 6 and then level him up, he'll instead get a point of skill and no luck.

Aptitude works as if their growths were 10 points higher when they level up, and so in the above example, if Silas had Aptitude, in both classes he would get a point of skill and a point of luck.

Edited by Konnor97

Lunatic growths work in that it rolls the numbers to see if a growth goes through once you recruit the character (0-99 for every stat for every level).

For example, Silas has a Cavalier has 60 skill growth and 55 luck growth. As a Mercenary, he has 70 skill growth and 45 luck growth. If you're playing Lunatic Conquest, he starts at level 6 Cavalier. If the game rolls a 63 for skill and a 49 for luck for level 7, and he levels up as a Cavalier, he'll get no skill and a point of luck. If you reclassed him to Mercenary while he is still level 6 and then level him up, he'll instead get a point of skill and no luck.

Aptitude works as if their growths were 10 points higher when they level up, and so in the above example, if Silas had Aptitude, in both classes he would get a point of skill and a point of luck.

Okay, thank you. Well... it is time to put Aptitude on my MC.

What determines what resources (gems and food) you get at your castle?

I keep getting the same stuff when I start from branch of Fates..

It's random and I'd have so start from the beginning to get something different, right?

Yep, you'd need to start from the beginning to get something else.

1. Is it possible to capture enemy Kitsune and Wolfskin?

2. If so, is there any place in Revelation that they show up as regular units and not invaders?

1. Is it possible to capture enemy Kitsune and Wolfskin?

2. If so, is there any place in Revelation that they show up as regular units and not invaders?

1. no

2. no

How do the statues in "My Castle" work?

After a character gets 20+ kills, a statue can be built. This statue raises the cap in a particular stat. Once that character gets enough kills, that statue can be upgraded to silver, which affects that unit's support partners that it has a C+ rank with, and gold, which raises the cap for all units. (You need 50 for silver and 100 for gold)

Also, this page tells you which statues raise which stats.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Buying a hacked unit (even if it has illegal but non-enemy-only skills like Aptitude) from another castle wouldn't get you shadowbanned at all. (And that Leo example is a rather poor example because of statboosters and skill buying being a thing. The varying stat caps are due to the presence of character statues in that player's castle; for example, in a castle with no Magic-raising character statues, Leo's max Magic cap as a Dark Knight is 33.)

I'm not sure about the character limit to be honest aside of perhaps being based on the characters being used themselves. Though in all honesty, it's generally best to keep a castle name short and simple.

Ah, that's relieving to know. Thank you.

Curiously, when i recruited said Leo, class changed him into Sorcerer and then back to Dark Knight, his magic cap extended to 34. I am playing on Birthright, so i am not exactly sure how this happened.

And regarding Fates' online play, is there something like an "etiquette" among the community when it comes to skills? Or is anything just fine as long as it isn't hacked, even if it would demand multiple playthroughs such as multiple children with Hoshidan Unity, etc.?

Edited by Sétanta