"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Rapier

I have a question about the Record Hall. I had buy the games in this order : BR -> Rev -> CQ. And, in my revelation file, I didn't have some of the conquest musics in the record hall. Did I have them when I'll upgrade the building at lvl 3 or did I need to finish Conquest before ?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Eternal Seals make it easier to hit stat caps if you plan on trying to cap at all. But on Conquest where exp is very limited, might as well not bother with it unless you plan on grinding the exp dlc or plan on making that particular file your main one.

Makes sense, my Camilla is level 20, max speed and has Bowbreaker which I think will be worth using an eternal seal on and hopefully will help in the last few chapters.

On Conquest, which class is better for Odin, Dark Mage or Samurai?

Right now I have Felicia, Elise (both Strategist), Nyx, and since Leo will join later, I think I already have enough spell users.

But I'm kinda worried switching Odin to Samurai now, he's already lv 12. Now I kinda regret not switching at the first opportunity (I guess that's why they set his level quite low when he joined).

Edited by onmyoji

Right now I have Felicia, Elise (both Strategist), Nyx, and since Leo will join later, I think I already have enough spell users.

But I'm kinda worried switching Odin to Samurai now, he's already lv 12. Now I kinda regret not switching at the first opportunity (I guess that's why they set his level quite low when he joined).

it really depends, honestly. i've seen people use odin as either a swordmaster or a sorcerer, and he works great. i recommend keeping him on the magic line until you get ophelia, and then do whatever you want with him.

I have a question about the Record Hall. I had buy the games in this order : BR -> Rev -> CQ. And, in my revelation file, I didn't have some of the conquest musics in the record hall. Did I have them when I'll upgrade the building at lvl 3 or did I need to finish Conquest before ?

Yes, you have to beat the route before its music can be accessed on the other routes. I tested this myself.

Is it possible for other people's my castles to have amiibo units serve in shops to buy the amiibo weapons?

You have to tap the amiibo again in order for them to work at a shop, so sadly I don't think so.

Ok, I have a question of my own, and this is a bit of an odd one. When I first checked my 3DS today, one person within a span of maybe 15 hours was able to visit (and battle) My Castle TWELVE times! I mean, I greatly appreciate all the battle points I'm getting from this person, but how on earth did he do this?!

Ok, I have a question of my own, and this is a bit of an odd one. When I first checked my 3DS today, one person within a span of maybe 15 hours was able to visit (and battle) My Castle TWELVE times! I mean, I greatly appreciate all the battle points I'm getting from this person, but how on earth did he do this?!

After visiting a certain amount of other castles, you can revisit a castle you already visited (I don't know the exact number, however).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

After visiting a certain amount of other castles, you can revisit a castle you already visited (I don't know the exact number, however).

I think it's ~30 castle visits when you can start revisiting castles without the 24 hr. cooldown.

I think it's ~30 castle visits when you can start revisiting castles without the 24 hr. cooldown.

Oh, really? Maybe it's easier to get battle points from easy-seize castles than I thought... Cool, thanks!

At the door steps of Conquest's endgame and I just want to know if Invasion 3 is really worth beating? Half of my main team are almost level 20 and I'm unsure if it's worth the trouble or not.

Odin has notably high strength and defense growths, and notably low magic, speed, and resistance growths. As a magic user, his growth rates hinder him more than they help, so it is generally considered better to swap him away from a magic based class, towards a physical one.

Samurai balances his stats out, making him good all around. Many like to make him a Berserker (S/A+ support with Charlotte/Arthur) to take advantage of his personal skill, and make him go the 100% crit route.

It's generally never too late to switch, as you retain your level and stats on class changing, the difficult part lies in weapon proficiency. If you can make it to rank C with a weapon, you have access to most of the useful weapons for any particular weapon. Increasing the rank beyond that gives additional hit/might bonuses depending on how high the rank is, and what weapon type is equipped, as well as the obvious access to more weapons of that type.

At the door steps of Conquest's endgame and I just want to know if Invasion 3 is really worth beating? Half of my main team are almost level 20 and I'm unsure if it's worth the trouble or not.

I still haven't done invasion 3 at 150+ hours after reaching Ch. 27 (mostly skill farming). Honestly it all depends on whether you want the extra EXP, or the stat boosting item the boss carries. Even if you finish the game, invasion 3 will not go away until you clear it, so you can do it whenever you want.

Outside of Heirs of Fate 4, are there any instances where enemies actually pair up mid-fight as opposed to either being paired up when spawning or from the beginning?

it really depends, honestly. i've seen people use odin as either a swordmaster or a sorcerer, and he works great. i recommend keeping him on the magic line until you get ophelia, and then do whatever you want with him.

Odin has notably high strength and defense growths, and notably low magic, speed, and resistance growths. As a magic user, his growth rates hinder him more than they help, so it is generally considered better to swap him away from a magic based class, towards a physical one.

Samurai balances his stats out, making him good all around. Many like to make him a Berserker (S/A+ support with Charlotte/Arthur) to take advantage of his personal skill, and make him go the 100% crit route.

It's generally never too late to switch, as you retain your level and stats on class changing, the difficult part lies in weapon proficiency. If you can make it to rank C with a weapon, you have access to most of the useful weapons for any particular weapon. Increasing the rank beyond that gives additional hit/might bonuses depending on how high the rank is, and what weapon type is equipped, as well as the obvious access to more weapons of that type.

Thank you! Really appreciate the feedback

EDIT: Just want to add a small correction, Odin has no support with Arthur.

Edited by onmyoji

I have three inquiries, two of them being fairly short. :D:

I have completed Birthright and am fairly close to completing Conquest (and on my way to starting Revelations).

When playing Birthright, I had no idea that Revelations featured almost all characters from both Birthright and Conquest, so I put hours and hours into Birthright maxing all of my characters and having children, and maxing them. I'm sort of frustrated knowing I could have simply done so in Revelations.

1) I have taken interest in the Unit Logbook. Let's say in Birthright, I put my Saizo on the Unit Logbook, and in Revelations, I recruit that Birthright Saizo. Will that Saizo take the place of the Revelations Saizo? If not, will I be able to do Support or have children with him? How does he differ from a regular Unit? I just hate to see my training go to waste.

2) How does recruiting my Avatar Unit via Unit Logbook work?

3) After Conquest, if I do not purchase DLC... am I sort of just stuck, with no grinding to do? That's what I have read.

I have completed Birthright and am fairly close to completing Conquest (and on my way to starting Revelations).

When playing Birthright, I had no idea that Revelations featured almost all characters from both Birthright and Conquest, so I put hours and hours into Birthright maxing all of my characters and having children, and maxing them. I'm sort of frustrated knowing I could have simply done so in Revelations.

1) I have taken interest in the Unit Logbook. Let's say in Birthright, I put my Saizo on the Unit Logbook, and in Revelations, I recruit that Birthright Saizo. Will that Saizo take the place of the Revelations Saizo? If not, will I be able to do Support or have children with him? How does he differ from a regular Unit? I just hate to see my training go to waste.

3) After Conquest, if I do not purchase DLC... am I sort of just stuck, with no grinding to do? That's what I have read.

1) it'll be a separate Einherjar, so no supports. normal Saizo still recruitable separately

2) same as other units.

1&2) you can still buy skills for them at least so it's not a complete waste. Avatar can buy skills from either gender (not applicable with Kana)

3) correct. you can always grind supports. but no lvls and thus no skills either

Edited by GoXDS

1) No. That would be considered a guest unit. Guest units cannot support.

I'll leave 2 and 3 for someone else to answer.

About choosing five Einherjar's for other save files after beating the campaign, can you replay the final chapter and keep getting more or is there limit's to that?

you can keep doing it till you've recorded all your units if you wanted to. the unit logbook can only hold up to 99 though so be wary of that. if you have certain skills you want a specific unit to have in another play through early on, record them then overwrite them with your newer copy that you may have given new skills to. Like say you marry Kaze to Camilla and trained him in her classes to teach him new skills. Well, once you've recorded him and taught him the skills again in the next play through, you can marry him to a different character, get more skills and then overwrite the old file till you've obtained all the skills you'll want for him in any play through. its one way to abuse the reclass/marriage/recording system in the game.

Outside of Heirs of Fate 4, are there any instances where enemies actually pair up mid-fight as opposed to either being paired up when spawning or from the beginning?

I did not notice any in birthright or conquest (up to chapter 20 so far) lunatic, although enemies routinely take advantage of dual strikes in an obviously intentional manner.

As for 3. above, the boo camp dlc is the only unlimited exp grinding method in conquest. my castles and other dlc maps give no exp or weapon exp (love points are still awarded as normal). However, my experience is that you can get a full team up to level 20 with exp to spare by doing the invasions and child paralogs.

I got an another question that I am not sure about this one:

1.) I did see the images of the boxart for the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Fates has it marked as CERO rating C and the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Awakening did have it as CERO rating B, but what elements and stuff did it brought in Fire Emblem Fates to raised it up to C rating by the way?

2.) If a father or a mother (besides the Royals) used the First Blood item, that won't pass it down the Dragon Vein to their child correct?

3.) I know that Awakening has a special class if a player removed the SD Card from the slot for the Dread Fighter and Bride that can be become Outrealm class, but is there a class exists if the player removes the SD Card for Fire Emblem Fates or it won't have one due to Fire Emblem Fates can use two DLC routes for Birthright or Conquest?

4.) By the way, can the Great Lord class still use a Lance since Awakening does uses Lances for the Great Lord class?

Edited by King Marth 64

I got an another question that I am not sure about this one:

1.) I did see the images of the boxart for the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Fates has it marked as CERO rating C and the Japanese version of Fire Emblem Awakening did have it as CERO rating B, but what elements and stuff did it brought in Fire Emblem Fates to raised it up to C rating by the way?

2.) If a father or a mother (besides the Royals) used the First Blood item, that won't pass it down the Dragon Vein to their child correct?

3.) I know that Awakening has a special class if a player removed the SD Card from the slot for the Dread Fighter and Bride that can be become Outrealm class, but is there a class exists if the player removes the SD Card for Fire Emblem Fates or it won't have one due to Fire Emblem Fates can use two DLC routes for Birthright or Conquest?

4.) By the way, can the Great Lord class still use a Lance since Awakening does uses Lances for the Great Lord class?

2. Anankos seems to imply that a unit that uses the First Blood can pass it down to their children in Hidden Truths 2, but I have never tested this myself. Someone else should verify.

4. Great Lords can use lances. The animation is nearly identical to them using a sword, though. :/

If I put Nohrian Trust on a unit (let's call it Unit A) and pair it up with a unit that has Hoshidan Unity and/or Quixotic (let's call it Unit B), does Unit B having those skills affect Unit A's trigger rates in any way? As for the reverse, if Unit A has Hoshidan Unity and/or Quixotic in addition to Nohrian Trust, does this affect the trigger rates of Unit B's skills?

EDIT: To clarify, in both scenarios, Unit A is in front and Unit B is supporting.

Edited by Nihilon

If I put Nohrian Trust on a unit (let's call it Unit A) and pair it up with a unit that has Hoshidan Unity and/or Quixotic (let's call it Unit B), does Unit B having those skills affect Unit A's trigger rates in any way? As for the reverse, if Unit A has Hoshidan Unity and/or Quixotic in addition to Nohrian Trust, does this affect the trigger rates of Unit B's skills?

It should not be the case, since Unity/Quicktoxic are are not skills which can be activated.

Unity and Quixotic will only work on unit A, but with Nohrian Trust on unit A as well, it should increase the chances of using unit B's skills. At least I'm fairly sure of it. You'd be better off testing this and letting all of us know later on.