Jump to content
Rapier

"I just want to know one thing!" - Fire Emblem: Fates

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Ok, so I need to know: what benefits do S-supports give in terms of attack stance?

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/nohrian-characters/supports/support-bonus/

That page from the main site covers that information for the Nohrians, you can hit one of the tabs for characters from other routes (Note that the 1/2 damage floored attack that the supporting character gets do not have any of these attack stance bonuses, for example a generic enemy that attacks gets +10 hit with an attack stance partner, but the attack stance hit from his partner does not)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I've searched and searched, but I can't find where I read about passing down skills to kid characters. I know kids can inherit classes, but what about skills? And when is the skill passed down? At S support of the parents, or upon starting the xenologue? Further, can personal skills be passed down, or just class skills? Is it worth it to wait to S support people until ch18 for the offspring seal? (I think that's what it was called.)

Edit: And which slot is the inheritable skill in? The first? The last?

Edited by Mercakete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, I've searched and searched, but I can't find where I read about passing down skills to kid characters. I know kids can inherit classes, but what about skills? And when is the skill passed down? At S support of the parents, or upon starting the xenologue? Further, can personal skills be passed down, or just class skills? Is it worth it to wait to S support people until ch18 for the offspring seal? (I think that's what it was called.)

Edit: And which slot is the inheritable skill in? The first? The last?

For the most part, skill inheritance is determined at the start of the xenologue. There are exceptions to that rule, but I don't know enough about those... As for your other question, I wouldn't wait until offspring seals enter the picture to pick them up - some of the kids' paralogues are flat-out poorly designed for lategame (Shiro and Ignatius are especially notable for this).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

For the most part, skill inheritance is determined at the start of the xenologue. There are exceptions to that rule, but I don't know enough about those... As for your other question, I wouldn't wait until offspring seals enter the picture to pick them up - some of the kids' paralogues are flat-out poorly designed for lategame (Shiro and Ignatius are especially notable for this).

Ah, thanks! I'll take that advice.

But what about my other questions? Which skill slot passes down a skill, if personal skills can be inherited, or if only class skills can be inherited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

But what about my other questions? Which skill slot passes down a skill, if personal skills can be inherited, or if only class skills can be inherited?

Only class skills can be inherited. The last slot is used for inheritance, mostly - if an ineligible skill is in the last slot, then it goes to the last slot with an eligible skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Only class skills can be inherited. The last slot is used for inheritance, mostly - if an ineligible skill is in the last slot, then it goes to the last slot with an eligible skill.

Ah, ok. Thanks! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess this is the best place to place this question. Big story spoilers.

 

 

I don't fully understand the 'Mother' cutscene. The cloaked dude, (won't spoil who that guy is) telekenitically grabs corrin's sword, does a chaos blast and then kills Mikoto with energy spikes resulting from the blast. Brutal! But the blast itself, to me it doesn't look that large. Don't get me wrong; it occurred in the middle of a dense crowd and killed nearly everyone. It certainly is tragic, but the blast does not look large enough to level the entire town. But we see in the proceeding cutscenes that a very large portion of the town is ruined. Awful...So, what gives? Was the explosion just not properly scaled by the cutscene writers? And if the explosion did emcompass nearly the entire town, why are only the remaining plot relevant characters (Ryoma, Sakura, etc.) unharmed from the blast? Is it just plot armor? 

 

Oh, and speaking of scaling, what is the true size of Corrin's dragon form? In the animated cutscenes, Dragon Corrin towers over Azura...but in game, even in the same chapter, Dragon Corrin is a bit tiny. About the same height as any other character...so...

 

Are there any good answers to this? or is it just unfortunate plot holes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, DarkDefeater said:

Well, I guess this is the best place to place this question. Big story spoilers.

 

 

I don't fully understand the 'Mother' cutscene. The cloaked dude, (won't spoil who that guy is) telekenitically grabs corrin's sword, does a chaos blast and then kills Mikoto with energy spikes resulting from the blast. Brutal! But the blast itself, to me it doesn't look that large. Don't get me wrong; it occurred in the middle of a dense crowd and killed nearly everyone. It certainly is tragic, but the blast does not look large enough to level the entire town. But we see in the proceeding cutscenes that a very large portion of the town is ruined. Awful...So, what gives? Was the explosion just not properly scaled by the cutscene writers? And if the explosion did emcompass nearly the entire town, why are only the remaining plot relevant characters (Ryoma, Sakura, etc.) unharmed from the blast? Is it just plot armor? 

 

Oh, and speaking of scaling, what is the true size of Corrin's dragon form? In the animated cutscenes, Dragon Corrin towers over Azura...but in game, even in the same chapter, Dragon Corrin is a bit tiny. About the same height as any other character...so...

 

Are there any good answers to this? or is it just unfortunate plot holes?

Spoiler

The explosion was only as big as the plot demanded.  Possible in-game explanation, Corrin's dragon powers shielded him/her and the explosion shrapnel didn't kill everyone, just random people within the blast radius, and all the other plot important characters were far enough away/lucky enough to not get hit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, when is a good level to reclass Jakob into another class (Paladin, Wyvern Lord, Blacksmith, etc.). I know it depends on pairings, but he can get Tomebreaker and stuff. Just... when would be a good time. Especially since bronze weapons would start to fall off at around Ch 15 or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, Azure in a Roundabout said:

So, when is a good level to reclass Jakob into another class (Paladin, Wyvern Lord, Blacksmith, etc.). I know it depends on pairings, but he can get Tomebreaker and stuff. Just... when would be a good time. Especially since bronze weapons would start to fall off at around Ch 15 or so.

After chapter 8. His 1-2 range as a butler is really useful for securing the western villages when properly tonic’d and paired up with the avatar. After that, if you want him as a fighter, continued levels with a butler’s growths will only impair him further.

Personally I disagree with the conventional wisdom that Jakob’s a good unit. I have never once had him turn out okay, and he always falls off catastrophically by the midway point despite the guides saying his stats are about average for his level. Not to mention that outside of butler or some serious reclassing tomfoolery he has no good 1-2 range. But he’s really useful for getting good skills early on, and thanks to his awesome personal skill he can always secure a nice fat retirement in the back row.

Edited by Alastor15243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...