Have you ever used Triangle Attack?

Knight

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used it in multiple games before, but it usually was very impractical. However, I found that in Gaiden, there were many times I was able to use it where it actually was

Killing Naesala in PoR, if only because it feels so damn good to take him down so smoothly.

Also, on my first run of FE6, I used the Triangle Attack of Barth, Bors and Wendy against Reygans since... well, I didn't use Dieck or Rutger, so I simply couldn't hit this guy otherwise.

Also, Vampa, Eliu and Fetra once successfully used the Triangle Attack against me. Does that count?

Edited by BrightBow

Once in FE8 during Creature Campaign when I was maxing out Syrene just to see it.Never used it after words.

I used it in FE9 to kill Nasaela

You KILLED HIM? YOU MONSTER! :P:

In all seriousness, the only game ive used Triangle Attack in, is FE7. Lloyd version of Cog of Destiny can be a bit of a challenge. Hes dodgy as hell even with that Light Brand. So i Triangle Attack the bastage. Usually does the trick too. I tend to use it more than once in a run in that game. Sometimes Sonia gets it, or Uhai in the final chapter.

^ Yes.

It's actually practical in FE7, provided you decide to use Farina.

tbh its actually pretty practical to use Farina.

I used it to bypass the Iron Rune and turn Lloyd into mincemeat in Cog during my ranked run. Good times.

Yeee. That damned Iron Rune...

In all seriousness, the only game ive used Triangle Attack in, is FE7. Lloyd version of Cog of Destiny can be a bit of a challenge. Hes dodgy as hell even with that Light Brand. So i Triangle Attack the bastage. Usually does the trick too. I tend to use it more than once in a run in that game. Sometimes Sonia gets it, or Uhai in the final chapter.

No reason not to have Lloyd eat it in the final chapter, either. I'd consider that a practical use.

I used it to bypass the Iron Rune and turn Lloyd into mincemeat in Cog during my ranked run. Good times.

Wow, it goes through the Iron Rune? I did not know that.

tbh its actually pretty practical to use Farina.

I think you should use all three, personally.

The Last Promise.

fuck galagar.

Also fe7 Chaos Mode because fuck it all.

to quote Eclipse.

"Everything's all fun and games until a Silver Sword Triangle Attack goes up your ass."

and i've used the triangle attack in other games for novelty reasons.

I usually use it once a run if I can get the three units together easily. I've done it in 3 and 6-armour, and I think I might have done it in 8's postgame. I tried it in 13, only to find out it didn't exist anymore. An idiotic Miiverser was like, "what is triangle attack??" Here's a quick story: I dragged Rolf along to Chapter 26 of PoR, since it was the obligatory "mad deployment" level. He was level 2. Archer. I triangle attacked some random bad guy (with a non-Rolf).... and Rolf died next turn due to Meteor. Only my fifth death all playthrough (Yes, I'm awful at FE. Don't rub it in. One of those was an Ike suicide to nullify Boyd and Soren dying on Chapter 5. Since I'm here, the other to die was Zihark on 17-4. He died of poison.)

I used it once in FE8 to see what it looks like. I had Tana initiate it as a Wyvern Knight, I was just curious.

Never did it in any other GBA game. I imagine it'd look somewhat similar. And as for the Tellius saga, I'd have to give Oscar bows, which is horribly inconvenient.

I had Farina puncture Nergal with a Rex Hasta triangle attack, then had her do it to the dragon for chip damage. Other than that I've never bothered because of how annoying it is to raise any triangle trio outside FE7.

I've used it in TLP to beat the final boss...

Otherwise, quite a few time in Gaiden and FE7.

And in Wendy's starting chapter once, to see how it is.

Edited by Tamanoir

"Impractical" appears to be this thread's operative word.

In normal play, granted, triangle attacks are cumbersome and rarely worth it. But they really shine in challenge runs. Triangle attacks are the primary kill option in lategame Blazing Sword no-promoted-units runs, for example, and I've heard they're handy in some FE11/12 runs too.

In normal play, granted, triangle attacks are cumbersome and rarely worth it. But they really shine in challenge runs. Triangle attacks are the primary kill option in lategame Blazing Sword no-promoted-units runs, for example, and I've heard they're handy in some FE11/12 runs too.

And against bosses, they works really well.

Against the Dragon, for example, having Farina with a Rex Hasta (she's normally your strongest unit) inititate a Triangle Attack on the Dragon is a viable strategy.

Or even if you have one of the three pegs that you need to level up. I used it to level Florina on Cog of Destiny.