Corrin/Kamui in Smash

Limstella

. . . I'm sorry for dredging this up, but while everybody is making Corn jokes and complaining of FE/sword over-representation (tl;dr Lucina has the most blame; she should have been Marth's Wireframe Mac), am I the only one who remembers that this is the same character who was not above giving his own once-removed cousin* hallucinogenics without her knowledge or consent in order to marry her, and concerned that (in addition to most of the reasons everybody else is complaining about) such a character would be given the honor of the choice to join Smash in the first place (for what could no doubt be at least partially promotional reasons)?

This support has already been discussed enough, it's not that we forgot about it, people are just tired of talking about it, besides everything that could have been said about it has already been said.

Also, if a character can't get into Smash because of questionable actions, then no one should want Ridley then, and Wolf and Ganondorf should have never have been playable characters.

And like others said, one of the reasons Corrin got in, is because he has lot of pontential as a fighter.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This support has already been discussed enough, it's not that we forgot about it, people are just tired of talking about it, besides everything that could have been said about it has already been said.

Also, if a character can't get into Smash because of questionable actions, then no one should want Ridley then, and Wolf and Ganondorf should have never have been playable characters.

And like others said, one of the reasons Corrin got in, is because he has lot of pontential as a fighter.

^this. Well, aside from promotion material. In all honesty, s/he'll be practically the only FE rep I'd actually bother learning: Roy, Marth and LuCENA are essentially the same character, Robin requires too much resource management and Ike is slow. With him/her, I'll probably Fus Ro Dah Bayonetta off the arena. lol

Edited by FluffyWarlock

that game came out not even a month before the N64 did

even if NoA decided to bing it out back in the day it would have flopped (from what I can recall back then, at least in NA, and from what I've been told, as soon as the new hardware came out everybody kinda just abandoned their old hardware)

Ummm pretty sure the N64 didnt come out in 1995. EarthBound was released in the US a wee bit over a year before the N64 did. And talking as someone who was there, most people did not completely abandon the SNES. I didnt stop seeing SNESes in the households of my friends until around 1999.

. . . I'm sorry for dredging this up, but while everybody is making Corn jokes and complaining of FE/sword over-representation (tl;dr Lucina has the most blame; she should have been Marth's Wireframe Mac), am I the only one who remembers that this is the same character who was not above giving his own once-removed cousin* hallucinogenics without her knowledge or consent in order to marry her, and concerned that (in addition to most of the reasons everybody else is complaining about) such a character would be given the honor of the choice to join Smash in the first place (for what could no doubt be at least partially promotional reasons)?

Don't bring this shit in here.

the support shit only happens if you do the support.

as long as you don't do the support, it doesn't exist within the game's continuity, hell imma be really autistic about this and say that this Corrin joined smash before they even had the option to do that, seeing how the trailer took place during the route split, so this is not the "same" corrin that did that stuff or even had the chance to do it anyways.

...Why does dicussion of a game that hasn't come out yet in the US (and isn't translated by everyone) keep coming up?

Because it relates to smash, but people really do need to quit talking about certain things that could potentially be spoilers.

There is a "Spoiler Free" group after all and while they can't see whats in the Fates area, they see everything outside of it.

Because it relates to smash, but people really do need to quit talking about certain things that could potentially be spoilers.

There is a "Spoiler Free" group after all and while they can't see whats in the Fates area, they see everything outside of it.

I am in said spoiler free group, and would like to avoid spoilers as much as possible (I would like to experience a game myself for once in my life instead of spoiling it beforehand)

as long as you don't do the support, it doesn't exist within the game's continuity, hell imma be really autistic about this and say that this Corrin joined smash before they even had the option to do that, seeing how the trailer took place during the route split, so this is not the "same" corrin that did that stuff or even had the chance to do it anyways.

But that support reveals Kamui's moral character so even if he hasn't done it yet, he's liable to do it in the future with someone else!

Don't leave your drinks unattended, female Smashers.

Edited by NekoKnight

I watched the Japanese release trailer. The translation team is taking some serious liberties with Elise's lines, and I'm not sure how I feel about that!

I guess I'll post this for people who don't know Japanese to see for themselves.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I guess I'll post this for people who don't know Japanese to see for themselves.

Welp, I see only two instances:

The first one, during the cutscene (generic "big brother" to "he's my big brother"), feels like it was done to differentiate her from Sakura.

The second one is "You're so cool!" to "Even better!" (which really seems inconsequential; that's like complaining about "This tastes really good" becoming "Mmm, it's nice"; the meaning and nuance are largely the same).

They re-did the cutscene voicework for the Smash trailer on the Japanese side (and given the general disparity between the English version and the E3 trailer, the English one was probably re-done as welll), so there's that.

If the changes accentuate Elise's development and make her more likable at the end of things, then I'm fine with it. I've seen like maybe two people say "uh yeah she was kind of a brat at times" in regards to the Japanese version; if she starts out further in that direction, only to grow up, she'll probably be a more memorable character.

Tl;DR I'm okay with this from what we've seen. It's nowhere near a Henry-style butchery and could have a positive effect on Elise's character at the end of the day.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm feeling weird after the Corrin/Kamui (I prefer the latter, Corrin is a weird name, and remembers me the Cory xD). It's was a weird combination of salt (he was one of the few character I don't really want in the game... My opinions about Fates are too mixed, and the character itself is a bigger Mary Sue than anything saw before); but moreover, it was probably the funniest reveal of all of them.

When Kamui was released, I was more interesting in see people opinions about him/her than throwing shit or whatever (I'm still really okay with his/her inclussion in the game... But I still don't like it).

[spoiler=And random opinion related with Fire Emblem Characters and Smash]I'm still wanting and supporting Micaiah for Smash whatever happens in the future. I don't really care about this representation, she is the only character that I want. I would be completely done of the Smash Speculation if she is playable

CWTncakWsAA_i8l.png

Kamui might be in smash... but now they face the ultimate decision:

tumblr_nzq3sqxTqu1rmzb08o2_640.png

Play offline alone, at least you don't have to fear for the ocassional laggy battles.

Edited by Troykv

Kamui might be in smash... but now they face the ultimate decision:

tumblr_nzq3sqxTqu1rmzb08o2_640.png

The last option. I suck at For Glory (yes I just said that), and For Fun is pretty much For Lag.

Let me play sometimes against level 7 CPUs, thank you.

[spoiler=A random thing related with Fire Emblem Characters and Smash]I'm still wanting and supporting Micaiah for Smash whatever happens in the future. I don't really care about this representation, she is the only character that I want. I would be completely done of the Smash Speculation if she is playable

I wanted her in sm4sh too!

I don't think there are any characters who HAVE to be in the game left. Ridley's too large. K. Rool's too irrelevant.

I think our roster is great. I got everything I could ever dream of. I would have liked to have seen Squirtle or maybe even Wolf back, but it's no big deal. I wanted Fiora or Bandana Dee instead of Corrin, but I'm happy they look so unique.

Why do people keep saying they wish Lucina was demoted to a skin? That's literally just wanting less content. No upside. No other character could have been made in her place (except maaaaybe Alph) since she was a straight clone upgraded from a costume. You would just have one less separate character.

@bold: That's not at all his motivation, even in the Japanese version, so look up the actual convo before you get all offended over it. And there's no way it's making it past localization anyway.

[spoiler=And random opinion related with Fire Emblem Characters and Smash]I'm still wanting and supporting Micaiah for Smash whatever happens in the future. I don't really care about this representation, she is the only character that I want. I would be completely done of the Smash Speculation if she is playable

CWTncakWsAA_i8l.png

LOL, she can barely handle getting hit once with a phyiscall attack.

at least Little Mac wouldn't be bottom tier anymore

I wanted her in sm4sh too!

Yay! Some days I'm thinking how would be her moveset? If you have some ideas, I would like to see it (I already have some, but nothing absurdly complex because I don't experience with this xD)

*Random Micaiah4Smash advertising*

at least Little Mac wouldn't be bottom tier anymore

And Peach it get kidnapped in almost any-"Super Mario" game but the SMB2USA and the Super Mario 3D World, and Ike can resist many magic attacks without dying in this game.

But related with that, I would expect she be too light, probably something like Rosalina's weight (to reflect her low endurance).

Edited by Troykv

Eh, Micaiah is no more of a wet tissue then Palutena is. Palutena is so fragile that Pit can kill her by accident. At least Micaiah only dies if people are actually trying to kill her.

Edited by BrightBow

Don't bring this shit in here.

I would've suggested to delete those posts, but after hearing of the Streisland effect...

Wtf did this guy do? *get interested*

PM me if y'all sissy's

But related with that, I would expect she be too light, probably something like Rosalina's weight (to reflect her low endurance)

I'd imagine if she was in smash she'd be light too. As for a moveset... No idea lol.

Wtf did this guy do? *get interested*

Who cares?