Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I've just heard that apparently some players who pirated Sun and Moon are being banned by Nintendo, to the point that they can't even use Eshop.

Good.

Reminds me of when Halo 4 was being pirated a few weeks before release and MS suspended pirate's XBL accounts permanently.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serves those thieving pirates right.

The games are just two days away, w00t. Hearing about delays earlier and that Sun and Moon are the most preordered Nintendo game ever gave me concerns, but my mom said she'd try to get away from work Friday morning to get me to GameStop in time. I don't think she'll be able to and really don't think she SHOULD (it could look bad for her at work), but I do appreciate her wanting to help. :)

Edited by Anacybele

If you haven't went online that would explain it.

I think you have to go online to actually use Festival Plaza, so I must have done so too. It appears Nintendo just doesn't go for third-world country piratedoods, because of the status of piracy in said parts of the world. When the average wage is 1/5th of that of the target audience countries, buying a game is basically the equivalent of paying 5x the price in a well-off place of the world. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't ask such rhetorical questions as who's paying the equivalent of 600+ euro for all 3 FE Fates stories, as very few people can afford that. In places like Eastern Europe, you can really tell piracy is the norm because shops don't even bother ordering most games because they know people will hack/pirate when they can or only play what they can hack/pirate. Having some consoles sold is the most Nintendo can expect when imports' prices aren't adjusted to the local markets.

About the banning, I found his picture, and the banning is real.

Is he from gamefaqs?

4chan is basically Gamefaqs' brother, with the only real difference being that you can't post hentai on Gamefaqs and you can identify asshats easier due to usernames.

I'm desperately hoping Amazon ships out Moon despite the birthday gift SNAFU. My elder brother isn't available on Friday and I've got to work from 3-10 on Saturday, meaning Monday is the earliest I can get the game (unless I go out, buy a bigger SD card, and download it).

Buy? BUY? Pirating is not buying. :/ If that's a real post, it's a really stupid one.

They may have pirated a game to play it early, but it is hard to say whether they would have bought the game when it is officially released. Of course they might just say that anyway to make the ban seem a little unfair so meh.

IMO though, I'm not really sure why they seem so butt hurt about it. Did you seriously not expect harsh consequences for not only pirating a game, but also getting it way before release? You break the rules, be prepare to pay the price if you are caught.

Edited by SlayerX

IMO though, I'm not really sure why they seem so butt hurt about it. Did you seriously not expect harsh consequences for not only pirating a game, but also getting it way before release? You break the rules, be prepare to pay the price if you are caught.

Yeah, this exactly is what I meant by it being a stupid post.

I'm desperately hoping Amazon ships out Moon despite the birthday gift SNAFU. My elder brother isn't available on Friday and I've got to work from 3-10 on Saturday, meaning Monday is the earliest I can get the game (unless I go out, buy a bigger SD card, and download it).

Couldn't you cancel your Amazon order and place a pre-order locally?

Hey guys, I noticed one thing in Diamond that I know future titles don't do. Well, XY doesn't do it, because I have to do it manually. DPPt automatically orders your TMs by number when you obtain them. This isn't the case in XY. I remember having to use the organize button for that instead. I find it more convenient for the TMs to automatically be in numerical order though, it makes it easier to find the one you're looking for when you have a bunch of them. I hope Sun and Moon do this.

I decided I needed a False Swipe Pokemon to make catching more Pokemon easier, and my Scizor works, being newly evolved from a lv. 52 Scyther. False Swipe is a buyable TM in this game for a mere 2000 pokedollars, which is super nice.

Hey guys, I noticed one thing in Diamond that I know future titles don't do. Well, XY doesn't do it, because I have to do it manually. DPPt automatically orders your TMs by number when you obtain them. This isn't the case in XY. I remember having to use the organize button for that instead. I find it more convenient for the TMs to automatically be in numerical order though, it makes it easier to find the one you're looking for when you have a bunch of them. I hope Sun and Moon do this.

I decided I needed a False Swipe Pokemon to make catching more Pokemon easier, and my Scizor works, being newly evolved from a lv. 52 Scyther. False Swipe is a buyable TM in this game for a mere 2000 pokedollars, which is super nice.

Well, I think Gen 5 did autosort. Been a while.

They lost $39.99, I assume.

Anyways, I don't get why people are like SERVES THOSE FILTHY PIRATES right when it's just Nintendo being really petty. Turns out that banning people from your eShop gets them to buy less of your games (at best, it's a net zero loss), not more, and it's certainly not going to earn them back any of their lost revenue. Also probably double standards or some shit because I doubt Nintendo would have this kind of treatment for people who pirated their less popular games.

EDIT For the record, I think it's really lame that people are pirating these games before release too, because people worked hard on them and it's good to support what you love if you can (which people pirating these games in first world countries most likely can). However, I also think that people who leak everything about the games before release are equally as lame (in that people worked hard on the games and you're basically ruining the surprise/anticipation/hype for a lot of people) and they don't get any flack over here and are actually hyped up, soooooooooooo...

Edited by Refa

They lost $39.99, I assume.

Anyways, I don't get why people are like SERVES THOSE FILTHY PIRATES right when it's just Nintendo being really petty. Turns out that banning people from your eShop gets them to buy less of your games (at best, it's a net zero loss), not more, and it's certainly not going to earn them back any of their lost revenue. Also probably double standards or some shit because I doubt Nintendo would have this kind of treatment for people who pirated their less popular games.

EDIT For the record, I think it's really lame that people are pirating these games before release too, because people worked hard on them and it's good to support what you love if you can (which people pirating these games in first world countries most likely can). However, I also think that people who leak everything about the games before release are equally as lame (in that people worked hard on the games and you're basically ruining the surprise/anticipation/hype for a lot of people) and they don't get any flack over here and are actually hyped up, soooooooooooo...

It probably has a lot to do with sending more of a message than anything else. Most people might pirate if there is no backlash against them or anything. However, if they risk getting banned they might think about it twice. More obscure pirated games are likely to be unheard of on the internet, except for like a post on some random forum. Pokemon on the other hand is huge so knowledge of where to get these roms and such is likely to spread a lot faster.

Edited by SlayerX

It's one button to sort them, and it gives you the option of having them in order of acquisition, useful if you want to use a TM you just obtained because it's right there at the top. It's better this way.

Well, I think Gen 5 did autosort. Been a while.

BW had TMs only by number I believe, then B2W2 allowed you to organize them by name and number.

Then XYORAS kept the organization, and I bet Sun and Moon will follow suit.

I also think Gen 3 has it by number, although it's been a while. I know Gen 1 doesn't, and I haven't played Gen 2.

It's one button to sort them, and it gives you the option of having them in order of acquisition, useful if you want to use a TM you just obtained because it's right there at the top. It's better this way.

Strange, I seem to remember the TM I just got being at the BOTTOM of the list.

Just got a Magby and a Magmarizer in Diamond, yayz. Took me a little longer this time than Elekid and the Electirizer, but I got them, likely thanks to being able to use a Compound Eyes Butterfree this time (increases the chances of meeting a Pokemon holding an item). I've now gotten all the FireRed and LeafGreen dual slot Pokemon, and that just leaves the Emerald ones for now. (since my copies of Ruby and Sapphire are still missing)

EDIT: I just noticed that all the Pokemon I got from FireRed dual slotting are male and all the ones I got from LeafGreen dual slotting are female. Hahaha. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Oh, is it at the bottom? It's been a while for me. The logic still stands.

Not really. If it's at the bottom of the list, you have to scroll ALL the way down to it to use it. You wouldn't have to scroll as much if it automatically sorted it by its number.

Not really. If it's at the bottom of the list, you have to scroll ALL the way down to it to use it. You wouldn't have to scroll as much if it automatically sorted it by its number.

Can't you just tap at the bottom of the scroll bar (naturally this wouldn't apply to the older games)? Not the down button of the bar, just a little above it. Usually clicking on the scroll bar itself sends you to the point you clicked. No need to manually scroll.

Edited by Acacia Sgt