Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got to Poni Island, and dang those last two fights were something. That was a solid 3 level jump after the last major battle, and there were only 2 battles in between! I had to Revive stall a little bit just to deal with the first one, but the second could've ended really nastily if I didn't have Mimikyu. Having a pokemon with only Normal and Fighting moves is not a good idea if ghosts are readily available. But yeah, considering I only have physical attackers, and it's a Fluffy!Bewear, things could've ended really badly.

You mean Lusamine and Guzma?

I had trouble with two as well. Especially Lusamine.

Her team is actually quite balanced, and she switches a lot.

And I've heard rumors that Lusamine's team has perfect IVs and natures, just like Cynthia. Not sure if it is true, but it does makes sense, as her Pokemon suprisingly took hits very well even her frail Mismagius.

And if its true, what is it with older blonde women in Pokemon having teams that are balanced and have perfect IVs?

And I've heard rumors that Lusamine's team has perfect IVs and natures, just like Cynthia. Not sure if it is true, but it does makes sense, as her Pokemon suprisingly took hits very well even her frail Mismagius.

And if its true, what is it with older blonde women in Pokemon having teams that are balanced and have perfect IVs?

Cynthia team actually had a bit more flaw than Lusamine. It had nice IV spread but 0 EV and Bold Nature

Lusamine, and for that matter most named trainer in this game had 252/252/6 EV spread, Perfect 31 IV or 31 on 2 highest stats and 15 on the rest, and a good nature so your not far off

Cynthia team actually had a bit more flaw than Lusamine. It had nice IV spread but 0 EV and Bold Nature

Lusamine, and for that matter most named trainer in this game had 252/252/6 EV spread, Perfect 31 IV or 31 on 2 highest stats and 15 on the rest, and a good nature so your not far off

No wonder that even the regular trainer battles felt more difficult than usual!

I was wondering, do the Totem Pokemon have perfect IVs as well?

She didn't switch at all for me. She just went from one mon from the next. Araquanid lasted to Mismagius, and then Mimikyu handled the rest. A crit from a SD!Shadow Claw handled Milotic, with a lucky Safeguard. But yeah, without Mimikyu this would've sucked. When she sent Bewear out I fully realized I had team of only physical attackers.

Guzma I'd say was tougher, as all of his mons hit hard. Masquerain is also really fast.

Is it just me, or does 2-5 hit moves hit five a LOT more often, now? And no, the Pokemon don't have Skill Link.

It only happened to me once. ...On my Mudsdale (the last hit did one damage- Stamina procs every time you get attacked, not after an attack ends).

Anyways, UB01 (Faux Lillie) and my four (was surprised it wasn't just one) UB02s (Theorybait, Lusamine?, Smexy Roach, and Get a leg up) have been obtained. Theorybait has a plus speed/minus special defense nature, so one of the other three are probably going to get traded for an Absorption.

I envy you guys that have so much time to play. I'm still on the first Island and just finished Route 3.

Still, I'm very much enjoying the game. All the changes are a breath of fresh air.

Is it just me, or does 2-5 hit moves hit five a LOT more often, now? And no, the Pokemon don't have Skill Link.

I don't know about that, but it feels to me that status effects are inflicted more often, and that Pokemon flinch more than they did in previous games.

Anyway, I beat Sun last night. While I do like it overall, I have mixed feelings about a lot of things, especially in its handling of the story, the lacking Pokedex and post-game, and the new elements/mechanics. I'm probably going to be doing Battle Tree + catching and leveling Pokemon for a while now that I've beaten it.

I envy you guys that have so much time to play. I'm still on the first Island and just finished Route 3.

Still, I'm very much enjoying the game. All the changes are a breath of fresh air.

And still I apparently will get my copy today! T_T

So, anybody willing to trade a Buzzwole and a Kartana for a Pheromosa and a Celesteel?

NNID: thedanman88

FC: 0705-2608-7052

Trainer name: Lunes

Edited by The DanMan

If I were that far into the game I would

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know where I can find a Sun Stone in this game? My Cottonee is FUCKING LEVEL 46 and even my Rufflet has evolved by this point.

Edited by Sunwoo

EDIT: By the way, does anyone know where I can find a Sun Stone in this game? My Cottonee is FUCKING LEVEL 46 and even my Rufflet has evolved by this point.

There's one near the Power Plant on Route 12. If you use Charizard to fly there, you start right outside where the Plant is.

Finished the first island and just arrived at the second. So far I'm really enjoying it. My interest in Pokemon really started to lower with Gen 6 after so much of the same, so this game feels quite refreshing with its new trial system.

Current team:

- Dartrix Lv.19 (Shinichi)

- Makuhita Lv.18 (Benny)

- Trumbeak Lv.17 (Donny)

- Magnemite Lv.17 (Ray)

- Wingull Lv.16 (Sophie)

- Petilil Lv.12 (Kirsikka)

Finished the first island and just arrived at the second. So far I'm really enjoying it. My interest in Pokemon really started to lower with Gen 6 after so much of the same, so this game feels quite refreshing with its new trial system.

Current team:

- Dartrix Lv.19 (Shinichi)

- Makuhita Lv.18 (Benny)

- Trumbeak Lv.17 (Donny)

- Magnemite Lv.17 (Ray)

- Wingull Lv.16 (Sophie)

- Petilil Lv.12 (Kirsikka)

Second Island huh, that's when the game really starts getting tough.

4th Island's Kahuna wasn't as bad as I thought, knowing ahead of the, once again, 3 level jump. Araquanid really pulled its weight, thanks to Scald actually doing decent damage off of 46 Special Attack because of Water Bubble, and it's naturally good bulk. The roughest part was Gastrodon because I don't have much that can handily take care of it and its stupid Recover. It even ended up using Struggle at the end.

Still have never turned on the EXP Share, and team is ~level 40.

Edited by Konnor97

So i decided to breed a bunch of synchronize abras with different natures. Almost done, just three more natures left. I think we need a Tauros obstacle course mini game.

Also did you stick with an impish nature? sounds like a fairly good deal i guess. Mild doesnt sound terrible either, since rowlett line learns some nice special moves and they can use it too.

Those two Abras in the nursery must be spent, they have bred almost enough to fill two boxes now. Is this animal abuse?

Edited by SlayerX

I'm still waiting for Ken Sugimori to finish up the official art of the other trial captains and Kahunas... *grumble*

Bad luck at the battle tree for today, so I'll hold off.

Where can I find dittos in this game? I'll need them for breeding later.

I'm still waiting for Ken Sugimori to finish up the official art of the other trial captains and Kahunas... *grumble*

Bad luck at the battle tree for today, so I'll hold off.

Where can I find dittos in this game? I'll need them for breeding later.

You can find them in Mt. Hokulani

Update on the breeding. Turns out I miscounted and had a relaxed with inner focus instead of synchronize :<. Got a Sassy later on and right after another Sassy... this game gives me something and then taunts me.

This time for sure, just two more natures to go :D Impish and Rash.

Edited by SlayerX

Is there anything like O Power in Sun/Moon? I'm missing the interface of Gen VI, that showed all the trainers at the bottom and easy access to sending of O Powers or trading/battling. I feel more isolated, now.

Is there anything like O Power in Sun/Moon? I'm missing the interface of Gen VI, that showed all the trainers at the bottom and easy access to sending of O Powers or trading/battling. I feel more isolated, now.

I'm almost entirely sure thye are not in this game, I havent seen them nor have i even heard a mention of them in game

I'm almost entirely sure thye are not in this game, I havent seen them nor have i even heard a mention of them in game

Gah, why would they get rid of them? They were one of my favorite things from Gen VI, they made breeding and grinding so much more bearable. Why must GameFreak take out stuff we love?