What in Fire Emblem: Fates did you find the most unintentionally humorous(Spoilers)

Locke087

Totally unintentional as far as the game goes, but every time M Kamui shouted "Elise!" I got really strong Sonic 06 flashbacks that would crack me up a little.

Similarly, a lot of voice clips completely ruin the mood of otherwise dramatic scenes. I can think of several major character deaths punctuated with cheerful "yeah"s from Kamui or the older brothers

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm honestly having a hard time rationalising this as a "salt thread". i mean, the point is dumb stuff that people like or find amusing because of its dumbness

yeah, I mean, just because something seems dumb that doesn't necessarily mean we have a real problem with it or with the game. hell, I made a thread like this a while back, just specifically about the stupid looking animations, because I thought they looked silly. I don't really see the problem here

Yeah, can we just go ahead and "locke" whining thread number "087" already :P:

although I have to admit this made me laugh a little

When dumb ass f*ck Corrinmui couldn't tell it was Azura in the black dress when all she had was a sheer mask.

this is probably my answer

I mean, if she had a decent disguise I would understand that

but she was literally just wearing different clothes

she even sang the song (or at least, a song with the same tune) that Corrin has never heard anyone else sing

like come on Corn and everyone else is it that hard to realize that person who was on the stage who looks similar to person you know that disappeared then came back after person was done singing is the same person

aside from that, just the animation when the Yato flies into corn's hand

the way it floats in the air then suddenly spins through the air and seems to barely land in their hand was just hilarious to me the first time I saw it

I was with my friend the first time he experienced it too, and we both laughed at just how silly it looked

I have another one. I know S supports probably deserve their own category for unintentional hilarity, but Kamui x Camilla's C-S deserves a special mention. The first three supports are about Kamui being really weirded about about Camilla's not quite...sisterly behavior, the S support has him decide "Whelp, if you're going to continue to be so overbearing and creepy, I guess we should just getting married, social consequences be damned."

oh yeah this too

the S support is basically

"hey corrin... wanna get in the bath with me?"

"NO UR MY SISTER THAT'S GROSS"

"okay, let's get married! it's normal for married people to be there together!"

"NO UR MY SISTER"

"oh... okay..."

"JUST KIDDING LET'S GET MARRIED"

Edited by maybe

I have another one. I know S supports probably deserve their own category for unintentional hilarity, but Kamui x Camilla's C-S deserves a special mention. The first three supports are about Kamui being really weirded about about Camilla's not quite...sisterly behavior, the S support has him decide "Whelp, if you're going to continue to be so overbearing and creepy, I guess we should just getting married, social consequences be damned."

While I think Camilla is a pretty bad character with only glimpses of an interesting background, I honestly don't know if her support with Corrin is worse than the ones with the Hoshidan sisters.

That letter, man.

Edited by Thane

While I think Camilla is a pretty bad character with only glimpses of an interesting background, I honestly don't know if her support with Corrin is worse than the ones with the Hoshidan sisters.

That letter, man.

As bad and ridiculous of an excuse as

"dead mom gave us a letter saying we're not related in case we wanted to bang"

is, I feel like Camilla's is worse purely because Corrin doesn't even seem like he wants to marry her. It's probably the only time I actually felt sorry for him, since he seemed like he was basically making things up to make her happy. I mean he even says " I...I think it has to be a no, right? Even though there is a part of me that wants to say yes..."

it's not as bad as in the Japanese version where he basically seemed forced into it, but it's still not... good.

is, I feel like Camilla's is worse purely because Corrin doesn't even seem like he wants to marry her. It's probably the only time I actually felt sorry for him, since he seemed like he was basically making things up to make her happy. I mean he even says " I...I think it has to be a no, right? Even though there is a part of me that wants to say yes..."

it's not as bad as in the Japanese version where he basically seemed forced into it, but it's still not... good.

I'unno, [spoiler=Sibling support spoilers] wanting to bang immediately after finding out that they were not related, ignoring all he social stigma and just...I don't understand it. Also, was their mother a bloody psychic or what? Did she expect them to hook up? Like, had she nothing to say about that?

Also, in the DLC, Sakura says that she got sad when she found out she wasn't related to Corrin even though she loved him as more han a family member. What is up with Intelligent Systems' view of family?

Maybe it's just because I don't expect anything else from Camilla. She was put into the game as fan service, not even the developers respect her as a character and as a result she's there for people who like the idea of banging an emotionally crippled woman with big tits who'll spoil you rotten. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still a bad support, but I had the lowest of expectations when it came to her character in the first place.

I'unno, [spoiler=Sibling support spoilers] wanting to bang immediately after finding out that they were not related, ignoring all he social stigma and just...I don't understand it. Also, was their mother a bloody psychic or what? Did she expect them to hook up? Like, had she nothing to say about that?

Also, in the DLC, Sakura says that she got sad when she found out she wasn't related to Corrin even though she loved him as more han a family member. What is up with Intelligent Systems' view of family?

Maybe it's just because I don't expect anything else from Camilla. She was put into the game as fan service, not even the developers respect her as a character and as a result she's there for people who like the idea of banging an emotionally crippled woman with big tits who'll spoil you rotten. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still a bad support, but I had the lowest of expectations when it came to her character in the first place.

Nah their mom just owned the Game of Thrones box set >.>.

Tbf I kinda...ignore the hell out of the fanservice that got thrown all over Camilia on pure reflex so I can actually enjoy her as a character.

That fucking letter though is just perfect on birthright route the intrinsic horror of it goes way past the idea of incest taboo's.

"Hey remember when you betrayed everyone who ever loved you?...Well bad news is they died for nothing and their blood is on your treacherous hands for all time, especially Elise remember her? Good news is uuuh...we can bang? Corrin...what are you doing with that knife...."

Edited by joshcja

That letter, man.

She generally is a shallow character but her Zero support sheds some light on one of Fates' most interesting world building attempts (faint praise, maybe). She also avoids the Schrodinger's Incest problem by being canonically attracted to Kamui so I can at least respect them for being slightly consistent (subverted by Kamui's feelings, ironically enough).

"Adult you technically are."

"WHO IS THAT SINGER?"

"Takumi, you could've killed me!"

Is the Takumi line from when they meet Takumi in Chevalier?

To be fair, his A support seems to indicate he acknowledges the affection Camilla pours on him and is thankful for her care. It still sounds platonic on his end but it at least indicates he's not as uncomfortable as he used to be. The S support gets weird again where Camilla suggests that getting married would somehow alleviate the social issues of being romantically involved as siblings (something Kamui is consistently concerned about) and when Kamui has a less than positive response to her marriage proposal, she practically guilt trips him into accepting. Perhaps one could say that "reckless and overbearing" is intentional characterization for Camilla but I think it's just to handwave the issue of incest.

This is a really sketchy back and forth.

CAMILLA: If we become husband and wife, nobody will think it's strange for us to bathe together.
KAMUI: No, no, no, no! That IS strange! I mean, it's strange for siblings to even marry in the first place, right!?
CAMILLA: But I... I love you so much. Not as a brother, but as a man. I always have, from the moment I laid eyes on you.

KAMUI: Huh...?

(Kamui would be great at Fire Emblem Sins. *ding*)

I know why they're there, but (Garons groans of increasing discomfort) and (laughs evilly) were still hilarious.

"Adult you technically are" used on probably the most immature member of the cast was also pretty funny.

Karen Staussman using her Nanako voice for Mozu, while fitting for Mozu's character, makes all of her S-Supports hilariously awkward.

Azura's amazing Clark Kent powers. Or Corrin's complete lack of recognition that, oh hey, that singer has water powers similar to Azura's!

Nah their mom just owned the Game of Thrones box set >.>.

Ironically enough, Corrin can be voiced by the Jap dub voice of Jeoffery in the Jap version.

As for the main topic of this thread

http://imgur.com/r/fireemblem/4hvEtLR

I'm not sure if this was on purpose, but man is that ironic when you consider what the final boss of Conquest is.

The fact that Corrin (regardless of gender) can legally learn both Demoiselle and Gentilhomme thanks to skill buying/Unit Logbook not restricting player avatars based on gender. It seems that IS is really trying to make Corrin an even bigger Shipping Lord than Robin is.

So I just played through Revelation chapter 23 and, while strictly gameplay-related, made me laugh quite hard.

[spoiler=Revelation chapter 23] I let Ryouma take care of Crimson together with Kanna in an attack stance. Ryouma starts having a monologue about how horrible it is and how he'll let her free, and as soon as he's done, Kanna says in her 100% diabetes-inducing voice "it's alright!" - It managed to be both sweet and funny at the same time

I still ship them because some supports hint at a really interesting character for Camilla that we don't see in the main story.

[spoiler=I'd her horns. If you know what I mean]

tumblr_noews96y6G1s6lheyo1_1280.jpg

Alas, that scene wasn't similarly voice acted.

That support truly entered so laughably bad it's good territory for me

"Adult you technically are" I know why this change was made, and I'm glad it was, but damn.

I haven't finished every route yet (only Conquest and half of Birthright at the moment), but so far, I have to say the part in chapter 3 where Corrin falls into the abyss. I assume it's supposed to be Ganglari dragging him in or something, but the way it happens makes it look like Corrin spontaneously decides to do a spinning backflip off the bridge. It's amazing.

I'm easily amused.

I thought of something.

Once in Birthright, I'd gotten through the chapter where Lilith dies. Then come the end of the chapter and My Castle. By force of habit, I run over to Lilith's shrine to dump food on her, and temporarily forgot that she had just died a few seconds ago. Apparently, Lilith's death just had THAT little of an impact.

Can't you still give her food though? I thought she came back as a ghost or something.

You "can", but it's basically the same as leaving flowers at a gravestone. Her ghost also helps you in Castle Battles.

Can't you still give her food though? I thought she came back as a ghost or something.

Well, the part that's supposed to be funny was that I was all, "Wait, what -- oh right, she died."

You "can", but it's basically the same as leaving flowers at a gravestone. Her ghost also helps you in Castle Battles.

Her map sprite shows her as a sort of fire orb to show that she's basically a spirit now but her battle model remains the same as when she was alive.

And she can still be defeated just the same even though she's a disembodied spirit.

hmmm... I guess for me it was when

Takumi yolo'd off the great wall in Conquest CH23. at first I was freaking out because I was like "oh no, he's glowing purple, oh NO" but then he just toppled off the wall & it was just "....lol"

also when Lilith died (in both routes) because it was so stupid & unnecessary.

Edited by rinshiiya

Garon's groans of pleasure, it made me laugh the first time I've seen it, and it still does now. There is many moments, but nothing can defeat that this one to me. I'm immature, sue me.

... Yes, I do know it's not from pleasure, thank you.

Using Naruto is cheating.

...But holy shit, I remember those people who'd worship Itachi. I can't believe how a series messes up that much.

It's not cheating, it's 'using a perfect example'. :p

Eh, if only Itachi was nice enough to not bullshit his way through... everything, it could've been bearable, but nope, Itachi and sharingan ex machina everywhere.

It's not cheating, it's 'using a perfect example'. :p

Eh, if only Itachi was nice enough to not bullshit his way through... everything, it could've been bearable, but nope, Itachi and sharingan ex machina everywhere.

The author literally brought back a dead character to settle an important subplot while other more important minor characters were LITERALLY waiting inside of small circles. I don't think anything in Fates can compare to that, and it's hard for me to admit.