favorite things about your least liked Fire Emblem game

maybe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've got two more or less, so here goes.

Blazing Sword: dem dragons, man. That's how you make something look powerful and scary - Grima and Anankos just look funny.

Fates: gameplay for the most part, as well as several supports and characters like Takumi.

Edited by Thane

Genealogy of the Holy War

- Every map had a different theme which fit the mood well.

- The barbecue

- Alvis is one of the series' better villains.

- The inheritance system was pretty cool.

- I love Ayra, Tiltyu, Finn and pretty much the whole second gen <3

RD

- I loved Part 2

- Geoffrey

- Bastian

- Elincia's character development

It's not my true least favourite, but there are no good things I can say about SD.

It has a much better story than your second-least favorite, that's for sure. Better dialogue, better soundtrack, and a well-written Lord with a more human character. Ironically enough, neither of them have real support conversations, yet it's always getting brought up as a point against Shadow Dragon when its map conversations provide some of the most amazing characterization in all of the series.

Radiant Dawn is kind of a turd all around. Not really surprising that it has just about as many people who despise it as those who love it.

Least favorite is Radiant Dawn.

I like the Dawn Brigade chapters. They offer a nice challenge

Edited by Gradivus.

I think my least favorite is FE13 but I can't think of anything in particular I like about it that doesn't apply to most other FE games (probably because I've not played it in so long)

so instead you get FE12:

-The BSFE maps are quite interesting, if not necessarily the best designed. Map 3 is hilarious.

-Increased growths means more of the cast is somewhat usable, especially on lower difficulties.

-Reclassing is fun

-Axe users exist again and can actually promote

-I appreciate that they brought in some more characters from FE1/BSFE that weren't in FE3, even if I don't think it was a good idea to bring everyone back.

-You cna save between endgame chapters! (on some difficulties IIRC)

The cutscenes in Awakening.

Also I got to see the oh-so-awesome Lady L'arachel back! Fighting to eliminate the filthy, crawling abominations out of this righteous world. (sure it was in a spot-pass, but still)

Edited by Sarcopathic

Gaiden certainly... exists?

In all seriousness it was very ambitious for the time and is still surprisingly playable.

I wish that FE would bring back the town exploration as I thought that it gave the world a lot more of a feeling of being lived in, even if it was very minimal (no, Fates' MyCastle and the cut-and-paste dialogue doesn't count for me, even though it's okay).

Also I liked Celica a lot and most of the character designs were really cute (and very 80s/90s). Duma as a final boss was actually kind of horrifying looking, which was pretty neat.

It has a much better story than your second-least favorite, that's for sure. Better dialogue, better soundtrack, and a well-written Lord with a more human character. Ironically enough, neither of them have real support conversations, yet it's always getting brought up as a point against Shadow Dragon when its map conversations provide some of the most amazing characterization in all of the series.

Shadow Dragon is the only FE that I could not finish. I was so bored out of my head by chapter 10 or so. I really tried, believe me, but it didn't get better. I even sold it, which is something I very rarely do with videogames.

Shadow Dragon is the only FE that I could not finish. I was so bored out of my head by chapter 10 or so. I really tried, believe me, but it didn't get better. I even sold it, which is something I very rarely do with videogames.

You missed out!

There's some chapters later on that are a lot of fun. Trying for a no-warp low turn count of Chapter 16 is a headache.

I wish that FE would bring back the town exploration as I thought that it gave the world a lot more of a feeling of being lived in, even if it was very minimal (no, Fates' MyCastle and the cut-and-paste dialogue doesn't count for me, even though it's okay).

There's always Shining Force.

How are you judging a game you haven't even finished? Some of the most important character archetypes in the series that are still talked about to this day are contained in the latter chapters. It's a pity you can't appreciate the significance of Fire Emblem's very foundation.

Ironically enough, neither of them have real support conversations, yet it's always getting brought up as a point against Shadow Dragon when its map conversations provide some of the most amazing characterization in all of the series.

examples?

like, I'm not doubting that they were good, I even remember liking a few, but I'm guessing I missed a lot of them on my first playthrough since I hardly remember any and only discovered some (like the one with Linde and Merric) on my second playthrough which I never finished because I don't seem to have the cartridge anymore

New Mystery of the Emblem is definitely my least favorite (though I wouldn't argue it's strictly the worst, just the one I like the least), but Maris is pretty cool, and I appreciate the updated portraits for characters who really needed it from Shadow Dragon. I also like how the Avatar can have different clothes depending on their starting class (despite how much I hate the game's Avatar), and I sort of wish that had returned in Awakening and Fates.