QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who reads books kek

(I'm pretty sure it was the first Harry Potter but that was quite a long time ago)

I was about to point out that it's not especially long and then looked on the Wiki page for the exact number

efe4fbde5816561c804758820214220d.png

and well Christ the US editors evidently liked the original draft a hell of a lot more.

except the title for some reason.

I think mine would be Dance with Dragons (don't have it on hand but ~700 IIRC?) or Order of the Phoenix for fiction and Paul Ham's 1914 (650ish slightly larger-than-average pages) for nonfiction.

Edited by Parrhesia

until the end by christopher pike, ~800 pages iirc

that was in like sixth grade though idk what my longest book is in recent years

Edited by - luna -

I can't sustain attention well enough to read these really long books apparently. Can't remember which book is the longest out of Les Miserable (wouldn't have remembered it was that long in the first place if not previously mentioned by other posters) / LOTR / 4th Harry Potter which I'm listening as an audiobook in the original language right now and which is loooong, not sure how long though.

I really want to read Infinite Jest sometime in the nearest future, anybody have experience with that? Not sure if it's quality literature or just a milestone in a pretentious person's biography right now, but it's been brought to my attention several times in a very appealing light, so it seems like destiny that I'll read it and study publications that aid in understanding it sooner or later.

I've never read War and Peace though, even though I know too well what the book is about (learning about books I haven't read occasionally reappears as a compulsive hobby in my life).

journey to the west, i think

i never owned a physical copy of it and read it from my phone

on my phone it was over 6000 pages, and i'm like 90% sure the actual book falls somewhere in the +1000 range

looking up a copy online, there's a version of it split into four volumes and total has like 2000+ pages, so let's go with journey to the west