Pokémon Sun and Moon Demo leaks and Early copy leaks related discussion (Obviously spoilers)

Magical Glace

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Gladion's theme, at least. A lot. I really hope I wind up liking Gladion himself, he's grown on me.

The Aether Grunt Theme... Tbh, I first heard it used as the bgm for the UB stats video... and thought it suited them really well, it's got this super unearthly feel to it for me. Then I learned it was the Grunt theme. And my reaction was basically "but it fits the UB's so much better."

The actual UB theme, meanwhile, just doesn't have that same feel that makes the Aether Grunt theme sound so unearthly and dangerous. As far as I'm concerned, Aether Grunt should have gotten something else, and the UB's got their theme.

Yeah, pretty much. I like Gladion's and Hau's themes because there's so much energy to them- they completely and totally fit Pokemon. Even then, though, there doesn't seem to be any distinct leitmotif behind them (well, Glad's incorporates stuff from the Foundation's, but as I said above it works much better as atmospheric background music than a fight theme).

Of all the franchises for this to happen to in the musical department, Pokemon is the one that I least expected.

Sorry if I'm a bit over-zealous about this, but I really like videogame OSTs.

Edited by The DanMan

Ultra Beasts are the living proof that Mega Beedrill was the biggest mistake Gamefreak done last gen

Hyped for Komo-O, Tapu, and Sylvally this gen lol. Tapu Koko looks really fun

Also HURRICANE GYARADOS

Edited by JSND

Yeah, pretty much. I like Gladion's and Hau's themes because there's so much energy to them- they completely and totally fit Pokemon. Even then, though, there doesn't seem to be any distinct leitmotif behind them (well, Glad's incorporates stuff from the Foundation's, but as I said above it works much better as atmospheric background music than a fight theme).

Of all the franchises for this to happen to in the musical department, Pokemon is the one that I least expected.

Sorry if I'm a bit over-zealous about this, but I really like videogame OSTs.

Oh, no worries, you're not.

Overall, I'd say... the Aether Battle themes are fine enough, I'd just change where Aether Grunt is used as mentioned before. Thanks stats vid for the incorrect first impression that's honestly much better. Team Skull's themes aren't really my style. Gladion's theme is amazing, love it. UB's should have Aether Grunt theme. And that's basically the extent of my impressions thus far.

Oh, no worries, you're not.

Overall, I'd say... the Aether Battle themes are fine enough, I'd just change where Aether Grunt is used as mentioned before. Thanks stats vid for the incorrect first impression that's honestly much better. Team Skull's themes aren't really my style. Gladion's theme is amazing, love it. UB's should have Aether Grunt theme. And that's basically the extent of my impressions thus far.

I'm sure when I have the game in hand and experience the story I'll warm up to things a fair bit.

I'm sure when I have the game in hand and experience the story I'll warm up to things a fair bit.

Tbh my main gripe is the apparent lack of remixes for Wally's theme, Hoenn Frontier Brain (Anabel), Cynthia, Unova Elite four (Grimsley), and Colress's battle theme. I've yet to see any crop up.

Also this just occurred to me, but poor Gen II got left in the dust as far as the Battle Tree goes. RIP.

Tbh my main gripe is the apparent lack of remixes for Wally's theme, Hoenn Frontier Brain (Anabel), Cynthia, Unova Elite four (Grimsley), and Colress's battle theme. I've yet to see any crop up.

Also this just occurred to me, but poor Gen II got left in the dust as far as the Battle Tree goes. RIP.

Wally's theme sounds like something out of Guilty Gear/BlazBlue- I don't see a remix topping it anytime soon. Though Colress's theme was basically made to be remixed, and the Unova E4 theme is damn solid (it borrows some from the Hoenn E4 theme, even).

As for Anabel...

She has amnesia and only knows that she's an experienced trainer and was fighting to defend a tower. Looker also shows up with a similar deal- amnesia and only knowing that he's a detective from somewhere else.

From this and other hints, people are thinking the UB's royally screwed up the old timeline.

Edited by The DanMan

/

Ironically enough, the major boss themes are the ones that I love the most, with Lusamine becoming probably my favorite villain theme of the series already because is one of the osts that - as you said - sounds mysterious and imposing and I think that It does an excellent job at it.

But really tough, I think I'm fond of most of the soundtrack tbh.

Edited by The Draco Knight

Those poor Wingull...

Is it just me or do those videos feel... painfully slow? It's a tad awkward.

Think they may have been done using the 3DS emulator on PC, which "painfully slow" describes to a t.

From this and other hints, people are thinking the UB's royally screwed up the old timeline.

Y'know... I actually kinda like that theory. It would explain Looker's amnesia, assuming we get a DP remake instead of a Pt remake.

It's like everyone who got cut from ORAS, the eventual DP/Pt remake, and whatever BW/B2W2 remake we get ends up with amnesia in the new/changed timeline.

It... kinda makes sense.

Edited by Emerson

Skimming the story dump, Colress seems like he's fine. He's still acting like his reformed self after the BW2 player got him to see strength in bonds or something.

Also while trying to find possible Tree quotes for Colress, you can't use Blue/Red as multi partners.

...Lusamine does not look like she's over 40.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Remember how megas were all about the "power of friendship" and maxing bonds with Pokemon and stuff?

They now have their own pokedex descriptions, and a lot of them... well...

Gengar(Mega): Gengar’s relationships are warped. It has no interest in opponents unless it perceives them as prey.

Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.

Pinsir(Mega): The influence of Mega Evolution leaves it in a state of constant excitement. It pierces enemies with its two large horns before shredding them.

Gyarados(Mega): Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

Aerodactyl(Mega): When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.

Sharpedo(Mega): As a consequence of Mega Evolution, its combative instincts exploded. The yellow marks it bears are scars from a long history of battles.

Salamence(Mega): Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”

Metagross(Mega): Mega Evolution stimulated its brain. It emerged as a ruthless Pokémon that will clutch at any means of ensuring its victories.

Garchomp(Mega): Its vaunted wings become scythes, sending it mad with rage. It swings its scythes wildly and slices the ground to pieces.

Lucario(Mega): It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless.

Apparently this is the way the anime and Super Mystery Dungeon have interpreted Megas, and now it's bleeding over into the main series.

Tbh she has to be older than she looks plotwise to avoid the implication she

had Lillie and Gladion as a 12 y/o

but still lol Lusamine's appearance makes no sense.

Edit @Megadex: RIP Power of Friendship.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Moon:

Araquanid: Despite what its appearance suggests, it cares for others. If it finds vulnerable, weak Pokémon, it protectively brings them into its water bubble.

Mareanie: It’s found crawling on beaches and seafloors. The coral that grows on Corsola’s head is as good as a five-star banquet to this Pokémon.

Toxapex: Those attacked by Toxapex’s poison will suffer intense pain for three days and three nights. Post-recovery, there will be some aftereffects.

Sun:

Araquanid: It delivers headbutts with the water bubble on its head. Small Pokémon get sucked into the bubble, where they drown.

Mareanie: It plunges the poison spike on its head into its prey. When the prey has weakened, Mareanie deals the finishing blow with its 10 tentacles.

Toxapex: Toxapex crawls along the ocean floor on its 12 legs. It leaves a trail of Corsola bits scattered in its wake.

So, Araquanid takes other Pokemon into its water bubble and thinks it's protecting them while they drown. Why they decided to cripple Araquanid's tankiness for meh offenses, I shall never know.

Edited by The DanMan