Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Kaden said:

Ignoring the fact she's "seasonal", meaning she can't be normally summoned, doesn't this make all the other offensive archers completely and utterly outclassed? Her only downfall is low HP which is probably lower than Niles, Rebecca, and Setsuna. Essentially, she's Kagero, but if Kagero was as fast as Gaius. At least Faye, Gordin, Niles, and kind of Rebecca can be made into magic and physical counters.

Worst possible Cordelia is on the level of best possible TKJ.

That about sums her up.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Best of TKJ is 35/33 right?

Yes. (Strictly speaking she's one stat off Takumi's cap if she takes a hit to her offenses, but she ties Klein and Jeorge).

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yes. (Strictly speaking she's one stat off Takumi's cap if she takes a hit to her offenses, but she ties Klein and Jeorge).

Yeah i kinda did calcs on TKJVS a while back and iirc the best of the TKJVS for BB+ are +ATK so it should be 35/33 Takumi, 35/32 Jeorge, 34/33 Klein

Cordelia with her very worst bane is exacty one stats below the variations of TKJ

16 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Worst possible Cordelia is on the level of best possible TKJ.

That about sums her up.

At least archers don't have a "Poison Bow". Oh, wait, Brave Bow exists and can destroy almost everything.

Firesweep Bow would probably be good if you wanted the extra MT, but with that speed, she's the same ol' Cordelia who can run her usual L&D3 and Desperation build, but without access to flyer buffs.

Kagero's 6 attack lead is something, but at least she isn't also leading in speed. Bride Cordelia leads with about a 3 attack and 2 speed lead over Jeorge, Klein, and Takumi. Slower than Setsuna by 2 speed, but what does that matter when Setsuna's attack is below-average not just as an archer, but as a unit in general? Isn't Setsuna's strength supposed to be average in Fates? I know she has a 0 modifier for strength.

-Atk bride Cordelia would be on par with Klein and Takumi. This is a unit who I would not care if I got -Atk on because she'd still be better than the other archers. Holy crap, what the heck, developers?

Edit: She'd be able to use Draconic Aura effectively unlike the others, wouldn't she? Might need to be +Atk, but still.

Edited by Kaden

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

At least archers don't have a "Poison Bow". Oh, wait, Brave Bow exists and can destroy almost everything.

Firesweep Bow would probably be good if you wanted the extra MT, but with that speed, she's the same ol' Cordelia who can run her usual L&D3 and Desperation build, but without access to flyer buffs.

Kagero's 6 attack lead is something, but at least she isn't also leading in speed. Bride Cordelia leads with about a 3 attack and 2 speed lead over Jeorge, Klein, and Takumi. Slower than Setsuna, but what does that matter when Setsuna's attack is below-average not just as an archer, but as a unit in general. Wasn't Setsuna strength supposed to be average in Fates? I know she has a 0 modifier for strength.

-Atk bride Cordelia would be on par with Klein and Takumi. This is a unit who I would not care if I got -Atk on because she'd still be better than the other archers. Holy crap, what the heck, developers?

Setsuna's strength growth in fates is 'man, I sure hope I'm a Jagen' tier. Setsuna has 20% base str growth. Gunter has 5%, sure, but he has bases. (And the 5 levels or whatever he spent in Valla were absurd, in Conquest.)

Edit: Gunter spends 7 levels in Valla, gaining 10 hp, 7 str, 9 skill, 2 spd, 4 luck, 10 def, and 2 res. (Dem growths)

Edited by DehNutCase

7 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Kagero's 6 attack lead is something, but at least she isn't also leading in speed. Bride Cordelia leads with about a 3 attack and 2 speed lead over Jeorge, Klein, and Takumi. Slower than Setsuna by 2 speed, but what does that matter when Setsuna's attack is below-average not just as an archer, but as a unit in general? Wasn't Setsuna strength supposed to be average in Fates? I know she has a 0 modifier for strength.

Edit: She'd be able to use Draconic Aura effectively unlike the others, wouldn't she? Might need to be +Atk, but still.

Aura is less efficient overall than Luna

Although

@DehNutCase probably know more on this lol

Gunter also have +14 damage and can be further optimized to have +19 damage from skillset iirc which is kinda funny

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

Although

I'd run Aether on Cordelia. She doesn't need a special to kill most things, and the few things that she needs it for, she'll probably proc Aether. (Aether gives like +1 point per fight over the other special options, which is a lot.)

15 minutes ago, JSND said:

Although

I figure that with L&D3 and being +Atk putting her at 38 base attack, she'd have 43 base attack which with Brave Bow+, she'd be at 50 total attack. With an attack rally or Hone Attack 3, she'd be up to 54 total attack. DA would do 16 damage or without attack buffs, 15.

Alternatively, she could just kill things normally and have Dragon Fang give her 27 additional damage with +4 attack buff or 25 additional damage without attack buffs.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

You have another Klein around?

That's my only Klein, gonna kill him for Cordelia if I pull her. (If he had been 'perfect' rather than 'above average,' I would promote a Gordin instead.)

18 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Setsuna's strength growth in fates is 'man, I sure hope I'm a Jagen' tier. Setsuna has 20% base str growth. Gunter has 5%, sure, but he has bases. (And the 5 levels or whatever he spent in Valla were absurd, in Conquest.)

Edit: Gunter spends 7 levels in Valla, gaining 10 hp, 7 str, 9 skill, 2 spd, 4 luck, 10 def, and 2 res. (Dem growths)

Just checked and it's funny how Setsuna's resistance and speed have good to decent growths in Fates. Meanwhile, in Heroes, her resistance is barely better than her defense and is still cruddy compared to the other archers with better resistance. Sure, let's dump everything into speed, not even give her average attack, and give her low HP and defenses...

Gaius has high HP and speed to deal with hits. Also, kind of hilarious that Rinkah's strength growth is only 5% higher than Setsuna's.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Just checked and it's funny how Setsuna's resistance and speed have good to decent growths in Fates. Meanwhile, in Heroes, her resistance is barely better than her defense and is still cruddy compared to the other archers with better resistance. Sure, let's dump everything into speed, not even give her average attack, and give her low HP and defenses...

Gaius has high HP and speed to deal with hits. Also, kind of hilarious that Rinkah's strength growth is only 5% higher than Setsuna's.

Her biggest problem is that speed just isn't too good of a stat once you have a lot of it, unlike attack where more is basically always better. (28 + 37 = 65, which is actually better than Klein and Jeorge's 32 + 32 and 31 + 33, and tied with Takumi's 32 + 33.)

Edit: But we've said this before, derp.

Edited by DehNutCase

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Her biggest problem is that speed just isn't too good of a stat once you have a lot of it, unlike attack where more is basically always better. (28 + 37 = 65, which is actually better than Klein and Jeorge's 32 + 32 and 31 + 33, and tied with Takumi's 32 + 33.)

Did Setsuna have a noticable fall off point compared to TKJ in calcs?

All i remember is assuming you fought against Fury:

Quadsuna is roughly as good as Virion 

Buffed Quadsuna is around.... she can compare to Takumi sometimes but is roughly below buffed Klein and ties with buffed Jeorge

Edited by JSND

18 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yep. Also the issue of not having 2 stats that are high. Gaius has HP and speed as his high stats, attack as average, and defense and resistance as low. Totally works like with any unit. Odin has high HP and speed. Might not be the highest in the game, but it makes him bulky with his average defense and resistance. This of course, comes at the cost of low attack.

Said it before, but Setsuna only has speed as her high stat. Attack is almost average, defense and resistance are low, and while HP looks "high", it's comparably low for a unit in general -- does not help she has HP +5 as a default skill. That is just terrible. Her base defense of 22 could have been dropped to 20 for 30 average attack. +Atk, -Def Setsuna is kind of what Setsuna should have been.

Or even drop it down to 17 and have the remaining 3 go to HP or resistance since 33 attack and 37 speed would be really stupid considering skill inheritance. Oh, her defense sucks even more now. Yeah, well, her defense growth was 15% compared to her 40% resistance growth in Fates. 40 HP, 30 Atk, 37 Spd, 17 Def, and 23 Res is basically Gaius's stat spread but with his defense and resistance flipped.

42 base HP with 17 defense and 23 resistance would be fine too since it would actually be a high stat compared to 37 HP. This would be even closer to Gaius's stat spread with flipped defense and resistance.

Oh well, I can complain as much as I want, but she is what she is...

Edited by Kaden

Fantastic, still no red different mages and 200/200 units. Hey, at least I have a neutral Setsuna now and a -Atk Gordin who I will probably dump his Brave Bow onto Setsuna or Virion because -Atk Rebecca wouldn't be able to use it well nor would a +Atk Niles. Current Gordin being +Spd, -Def 4* basically giving him neutral 4* Virion's stats does not help... -__-

Maybe it's time for Death Blow 3, Brave Bow Virion...

Also, 2 4* Reinhardts. One is +HP, -Def and the other is +Res, -HP. Not sure who I want to use. There's the issue of having a 4* Ursula with Blarblade and Reinhardt being a 4* instead of 5*. Still a good unit, but his normal potential feels like it's locked behind 20k feathers.

Gonna just sleep this off and figure out this tomorrow.

Edited by Kaden

So... is Alfie in the party for the Bridal paralogues? When I did Normal, Charlotte mentioned a cute prince approaching, when the battle party was Lilina/Nino/Linde/Sakura. Even on Lunatic, I used Olivia/Sharena instead of Lilina/Sakura. Plus, I'm also a girl (Bethany).