• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No way that's Caspar. The hair style is not his at all. He doesn't have red eyes or a headband either. And Nils definitely has that hair, red eyes, and a little headband. I hope Sain is coming with him! I NEED SAIN. And if not him, Wil or regular Fiora.

But I question why the hell this banner is FE7 when they just teased Three Houses with that Lysithea cameo in the Feh Channel. I feel completely trolled. "You want Three Houses? SORRY, NOT YET, HERE'S SOME FE7 INSTEAD! :D" 😕

So much for my expectation that the next banner is Three Houses...

When Tibarn was teased in a Feh Channel, his banner dropped about two months later. Lysithea is very likely following the same pattern, so her banner will be either the March banner or the April one.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Reveal hidden contents

When Tibarn was teased in a Feh Channel, his banner dropped about two months later. Lysithea is very likely following the same pattern, so her banner will be either the March banner or the April one.

Spoiler

I guess that makes me feel better, but I only plan on spending 100 or so orbs on this Nils banner then! So that way I'll still have 600ish left for Catherine, if she's in that banner haha.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

That is true. And it would be cool if Sain and Sylvain debuted back to back too! I'd quickly have both my favorite skirt-chasing boys. 😄

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I completely agree with that thing about the Feh Pass quests and such still showing up even if you didn't buy it. That is complete bull****. Even if I probably will end up getting it whenever a resplendent hero I like shows up.

13 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Seriously? Showing quest progress for feh pass even if players don't have it; allowing it to pile up teasing to buy it? pass ads on tower now? This is a new kind of low game.

At least MK Tour's Gold Pass has a free trial...that I totally abused during the Penguin Luigi Banner in order to get him, which I did. 🥰

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster
Accidentally pressed "Post" early

About the banner leak

Spoiler

I like that Nils is coming to heroes however if he comes as a Dragon dancer then I will most likely have no use for him as I use dragons as tanks 

Also I don't like that they force the Feh Pass quests on your face it's just bad, I don't mind having some perks for some people that are interested in them whatever they are buying them but having them like that is simply irritating to say the least. At least put them in the last page, or don't make them stand out so much to non owners.

59 minutes ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

At least MK Tour's Gold Pass has a free trial...that I totally abused during the Penguin Luigi Banner in order to get him, which I did. 

I agree at least only a half month one just to test the service out before buying it (one hero, half of the total rewards) 

I am thinking of sending feedback about these and the auto play stuff, though I doubt that while being F2P my opinions will even be looked at. 

Edited by SuperNova125

14 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Seriously? Showing quest progress for feh pass even if players don't have it; allowing it to pile up teasing to buy it? pass ads on tower now? This is a new kind of low game.

Dont think they will pile up over time. I mean sure the current quests, but the rewards will prolly be deleted when the next amount of quests rolls in, ohterwise there is no incentive to have a FEH Pass, accumulate rewards worth of 6 Months and then sub for 1 months rack in all the rewards lulz.

I just hope that Resplendend heroes arent following the Waifu trend.  If the next batch after Lyn and Cordelia has only the popular FEH Waifus i know where this is going. (as in Lucina/Nino/Camilla/Azura/Tharja together)

Edited by Hilda

24 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am thinking of sending feedback about these and the auto play stuff, though I doubt that while being F2P my opinions will even be looked at. 

Whales cannot survive without fish, so if enough fish protest, I am sure they will do something. If all the fish are gone, who are the whales going to show off to?

1 hour ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

At least MK Tour's Gold Pass has a free trial...that I totally abused during the Penguin Luigi Banner in order to get him, which I did. 🥰

Yeah. For one moment i thought "do we have a free pass, for at least the quests?". But nope.

But yeah. I will say MK Tour's Gold Pass is even more evil in showing you the rewards you are missing, because in that game do get not that many rewards as a F2P player to do multiple full summons. If in the end of that Tour you is able to do a full 10-summon, that's great because you do not get that many rubies.

For example: a F2P player will get in total by playing every cup in the Valentine Tour, a total of 26 Rubies... it grants you 5 single summon,... which is ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Dont think they will pile up over time. I mean sure the current quests, but the rewards will prolly be deleted when the next amount of quests rolls in, ohterwise there is no incentive to have a FEH Pass, accumulate rewards worth of 6 Months and then sub for 1 months rack in all the rewards lulz.

I just hope that Resplendend heroes arent following the Waifu trend.  If the next batch after Lyn and Cordelia has only the popular FEH Waifus i know where this is going. (as in Lucina/Nino/Camilla/Azura/Tharja together)

hopefully the next month is Chrom/Eliwood and, possibly, Reinhardt. Eliwood needs his art adjusted and I'd enjoy Resplendent Chrom. Reinhardt would be to fix the "tiny hands" problem.

40 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

About the banner leak

Hide contents

I like that Nils is coming to heroes however if he comes as a Dragon dancer then I will most likely have no use for him as I use dragons as tanks 

Spoiler

With the current stat inflation, even if he's a dancer he could end up with better stats all across the board than Nowi and if that's the case there's no reason you can't use him as a dragon tank even if he's a dancer.

A good comparison is Tethys being better than Niles in every single way despite her being a dancer. Dancing Nephenee also blows a lot of other archers out of the water despite being a dancer.

8 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

So, they’re literally telling you to do their job on thinking how to fix their bad work LOL

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah I don't believe they can't think of a way to make this work. 

I'm pretty sure what they're getting at is "we'd like to ask you how you think this should work without actually letting you know what options we're currently considering so as to not bias your answer".

If they cannot remove the quests for non-subscribes (I don't know why it's not possible), at least make them not completable by non-subscribers. At least we will not be notified by a quest completed that we cannot get the reward without paying, and we will not have that number in the fountain telling us that is has items that we cannot have.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure what they're getting at is "we'd like to ask you how you think this should work without actually letting you know what options we're currently considering so as to not bias your answer".

I've sent them more feedback saying they should move the pass quests out of the general quest menu and find somewhere else to put them.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If they cannot remove the quests for non-subscribes (I don't know why it's not possible), at least make them not completable by non-subscribers. At least we will not be notified by a quest completed that we cannot get the reward without paying, and we will not have that number in the fountain telling us that is has items that we cannot have.

This would work for me, I agree that the biggest issue is it telling us we completed the quests.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If they cannot remove the quests for non-subscribes (I don't know why it's not possible),

It's not that they can't. It's that they don't want to. It's valuable advertising.

6 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

at least make them not completable by non-subscribers.

That would be detrimental for players who want to do the "subscribe once every 3 rotations" strategy to get an effective 50% discount since letting them be completable means you can start your subscription on the last day of the set to pick up the Resplendent Hero and quest rewards, then cancel the subscription early in the third rotation to not risk accidentally going over and paying for the renewal.

I think the best solution that lets them keep their advertising while staying mostly out of the way is to not show the badge on the fountain, but still show quest completion progress after each map. And also let you dismiss the "you can't do this" warning after seeing it for the first time.

They can also put advertising on the loading screen when opening the game where it's not like there's anything better to put there.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

It's not that they can't. It's that they don't want to. It's valuable advertising.

That would be detrimental for players who want to do the "subscribe once every 3 rotations" strategy to get an effective 50% discount since letting them be completable means you can start your subscription on the last day of the set to pick up the Resplendent Hero and quest rewards, then cancel the subscription early in the third rotation to not risk accidentally going over and paying for the renewal.

I think the best solution that lets them keep their advertising while staying mostly out of the way is to not show the badge on the fountain, but still show quest completion progress after each map. And also let you dismiss the "you can't do this" warning after seeing the first one.

Is that discount actually a thing? The site says you get your first resplendent when you buy the pass and then a second when the next releases, which doesn't sound like you can get a third.

Also, the quests seem easy to complete fast anyway.

As for the advertising, they want it, but they'll have to decide if it's worth losing players over, because it seems to me it's more likely to convince players to quit than convince them to buy a pass.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

how would that work, exactly?

I think they should just change the game design and remove the notifications. Advertising can backfire if implemented poorly. In this case, pushing your ads too far can cause a huge amount of annoyance and ill will. For example, I completely despise YouTube Premium because it is kept being pushed on to me every time I visit the home page. I do not care about famous YouTubers making shocked faces and I definitely do not give two shits about the Super Bowl, and seeing those videos annoy me to no end. At this point, I do not care what YouTube Premium offers in the future, but I will never consider buying it.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It is valuable if it is advertised well. It is a liability if implemented horribly. In my opinion, advertising via annoying quest notifications is really, really bad.

You can lose revenue by advertising poorly. The best Fire Emblem example would be Tokyo Mirage Sessions. If they simply marketed that to another audience and toned down the SMT and Fire Emblem references in their ad, the game would probably do pretty well. It does not really make sense to target the game towards SMT and Fire Emblem players in my opinion when they can target that towards a much larger general audience.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

As for the advertising, they want it, but they'll have to decide if it's worth losing players over, because it seems to me it's more likely to convince players to quit than convince them to buy a pass.

Yeah, that is not really advertising at this point. You do not want to put out an ad that can cause you to lose revenue.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

It is valuable if it is advertised well. It is a liability if implemented horribly. In my opinion, advertising via annoying quest notifications is really, really bad.

Agreed. Getting more people interested in playing the game is better for them than trying to squeeze an extra $10 out of a few more folks.

Yeah, I don’t mind the quests being there, but the fact that there’s a number on my fountain telling me there’s a quest I’ve completed but can’t collect UNLESS I GIVE THEM MONEY is bothering me greatly as a completionist.

This is seriously the most disappointed I’ve been at this game. 

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think they should just change the game design and remove the notifications. Advertising can backfire if implemented poorly. In this case, pushing your ads too far can cause a huge amount of annoyance and ill will. For example, I completely despise YouTube Premium because it is kept being pushed on to me every time I visit the home page. I do not care about famous YouTubers making shocked faces and I definitely do not give two shits about the Super Bowl, and seeing those videos annoy me to no end. At this point, I do not care what YouTube Premium offers in the future, but I will never consider buying it.

I feel exactly the same, both from YT and FEH.

13 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

I feel exactly the same, both from YT and FEH.

Yeah. For YouTube Premium, it would not be so bad if they actually bothered to tailor YouTube Premium to show me videos I care about, but they do not. For some stupid reason, that is the only part of the site where they do not use the algorithm to show me videos that I might be interested in watching. If they just showed me Geico commercials (I actually like them) I would not even have such a horrible impression on YouTube Premium. Would I buy YouTube Premium to watch Geico commercials? Probably not, but if they show me something I really care about watching in the future, then I might consider it. But would I buy YouTube Premium when they finally show something that I might be interest in watching after annoying me to no end after all these years? Fuck no. I would pirate that shit if I have to because I am not giving money to something keeps annoying me constantly.

For Feh Pass, a sensible advertisement would be a pop up notification twice a month on login when a Resplendent Hero gets released. You might still annoy players, but most players find that is understandable and reasonable, unlike annoying the shit out of players a few times a day via quest notifications.

Edited by XRay