Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, does Shanna benefit from the Resplendent stat bonus? Uh... a little? Her offensive stats now outnumber... *checks notes* ... Thea, and are now on-par with... Cynthia. Most every other Lance Flier is either stronger or faster than 32/37 offenses. As for bulk... meh? Ironically, the stat bonus pushes her above 40 HP, which might make it a little bit harder for her to enter Desperation range.
...it's ironic because Shanna IS Desperation.

Does the art do her justice? No, honestly. I mean come on, she's from ILIA. Literally an icy country.

Does this make Shanna overall better? Doubt it, having a Slaying/Wo Dao weapon stopped being that big a deal years ago, and there's so many better Lance Fliers even in just the 4* pool.

...so overall... I mean, I WAS gonna subscribe for Sothe, but now I'm doubting if I wanna go through with that...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ironically, the stat bonus pushes her above 40 HP, which might make it a little bit harder for her to enter Desperation range.

Any refine on her weapon already does that, so it's a completely moot point, and unless you still actually use Ardent Sacrifice as your means of activating Desperation, the 40 HP threshold became meaningless a long time ago.

35 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Does this make Shanna overall better? Doubt it, having a Slaying/Wo Dao weapon stopped being that big a deal years ago, and there's so many better Lance Fliers even in just the 4* pool.

Resplendent Shanna's stats are actually pretty good for a 4-star lance flier.

Shanna has 35/40 after Dragonflowers, which puts her a point ahead of Sigrun (35/39), tied with Cynthia (35/40), a point behind Shigure (36/40), and two points behind Deet'var (37/40).

Springy Lance+ [Spd] is currently the strongest offensive option for all of them, giving Shanna 54/48 with the weapon equipped. While it's an event-exclusive weapon, it's available from a 4-star pull.

This build actually makes her comparable to Seteth, who has 58/45 with his exclusive weapon active, though Resplendent Cordelia is still strictly better with 54/42 with her exclusive Brave weapon.

58 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Does the art do her justice? No, honestly. I mean come on, she's from ILIA. Literally an icy country.

She's an Embla Resplendent (yes, even though we just got Tailtiu) in case you thought she was a Moosepelt one (which I assume is the case since you mentioned Ilia). 

This is also Miwabe Sakura's third Resplendent, and they're all Embla ones.

I definitely didn't expect Shanna as the next Resplendent. As far as Binding Blade goes, I expected both Fae and Cecilia to get a Resplendent before Shanna did. I mean, I like Shanna just fine, but...huh, yeah, I'm surprised. I'm not sure the coloring of her new outfit fits her, but her art is fine. Certainly much better than some of the past outfits.

in a vacuum, her art is actually pretty imo. the problem is her original art fits her better i think, embla is just such a mute, silent design with really nothing going for it. I really think this could have turned out better with a different nation/realm's design, perhaps Nifl.

Also, this has to be the most disinterested response from people towards a resplendent that i have ever seen. it feels like you can probably count her fans in one hand, and still have fingers to spare.

I wonder if the reason for her outfit was to differentiate her from other pegasus knights. We've previously gotten Askr Cordelia, Nifl Caeda, Light Fairy Tana, and Dark Fairy Elincia. Which now leaves Muspell, Hel, and the Book 5 nations, I guess.

Hel could certainly fit Morgan F. I wonder what they'll do with the Whitewings, since they seem pretty likely to show up eventually. Maybe make them all Askr?

Edit: For anyone curious - the launch units who currently have one or more alts but no Resplendent are:

• FE3: Ogma, Palla, Catria, Est
  • FE6: Cecilia, Bartre, Fir, Fae
  • FE7: Florina (sort of)
  • FE13: Lissa, Frederick, Gaius, Olivia, Henry, Tharja, Tiki A, Nowi
  • FE14: Corrin M, Corrin F, Felicia, Jakob, Ryoma, Kagero, Hinoka, Hinata, Oboro, Sakura, Hana, Camilla, Leo, Elise
Edited by Othin

I am still surprised that Corrin or Camilla don't have Resplendents so far.

They better get those soon because once IS starts to give Book 3 Resplendents, we will have like... 4-5 Three Houses Resplendent in a row because of 3H bias FEH kinda has, like Múspell Edelgard and Hel Dimitri.

I'm surprised about a lot of characters not having a Resplendent yet, but I'm actually pretty happy that characters like Tailtiu and Shanna are getting them. It gives me hope for other characters like Rebecca, Cecilia, Klein, Lukas, etc.

I'm pretty positive that Sigurd, Seliph, Ephraim, Ryoma, Hinoka, Camilla, Leo, and both Corrins will get a Resplendent at some point, and I'm pretty certain about the Whitewing trio as well.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm surprised about a lot of characters not having a Resplendent yet, but I'm actually pretty happy that characters like Tailtiu and Shanna are getting them. It gives me hope for other characters like Rebecca, Cecilia, Klein, Lukas, etc.

I'm pretty positive that Sigurd, Seliph, Ephraim, Ryoma, Hinoka, Camilla, Leo, and both Corrins will get a Resplendent at some point, and I'm pretty certain about the Whitewing trio as well.

Honestly, anyone up to Micaiah and Sothe who isn't a grail or GHB unit is currently eligible. They're probably saving the more popular ones for a rainy day.

Man, I love this mode! Hero's Journey is just too cute! I'm kind of annoyed, though, that we can't try again for events we missed last time. I have one that refused to proc. Still, these new ones are pretty great. Even so, I do wish that I could return to the west to fill out my events.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly, anyone up to Micaiah and Sothe who isn't a grail or GHB unit is currently eligible. They're probably saving the more popular ones for a rainy day.

We've gotten as far as Leif, although they don't seem interested in doing many Year 2 units yet.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Man, I love this mode! Hero's Journey is just too cute! I'm kind of annoyed, though, that we can't try again for events we missed last time. I have one that refused to proc. Still, these new ones are pretty great. Even so, I do wish that I could return to the west to fill out my events.

I'm guessing we'll circle back in a few months.

Personally, I'm not too enthusiastic about the mode, but I can certainly appreciate the free orbs. Should be enough to finish sparking on Muspell's banner tomorrow.

Apparently I managed to pretty much build my best Astra season team by accident.

I had an open slot after building four other teams I wanted, so I decided to make one that could break Save balls, since they seemed like one of the things that would be hardest for my others. Pain+ felt like the way to go, so I gave it to Hilda (along with double Savage Blow) so she could back it up with her Duo skill for utility against other teams as well. I rounded it out with Halloween Dozla for Far Save tanking, Spring Idunn for melee tanking and Duo support, and Reginn/Altina/Naga since they're my highest-scoring offense mythics.

I haven't faced any Save balls since starting to use that team, but it's turned into my default Astra team for general use, since Dozla/Idunn/Hilda are just that good.

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

I haven't faced any Save balls since starting to use that team, but it's turned into my default Astra team for general use, since Dozla/Idunn/Hilda are just that good.

I also haven't seen any Save balls recently. I wonder if they've fallen out of fashion due to an increase in wall breakers, given Brave Eirika has been a bonus unit.

Speaking of which, now that Brave Eirika is no longer a bonus unit in the Arena, I'm now free to give her blessings for Aether Raids instead of Arena, so I'm probably going to be trying her out as my sixth unit for the next few weeks.

A team of Gustav, Henriette, Brave Eirika, and 3 Mythics looks pretty good on paper, at the very least, and Eirika is probably going to be more useful than the fourth Mythic that I've been using (though the extra 5 HP on my tanks is really nice).

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I also haven't seen any Save balls recently. I wonder if they've fallen out of fashion due to an increase in wall breakers, given Brave Eirika has been a bonus unit.

Speaking of which, now that Brave Eirika is no longer a bonus unit in the Arena, I'm now free to give her blessings for Aether Raids instead of Arena, so I'm probably going to be trying her out as my sixth unit for the next few weeks.

A team of Gustav, Henriette, Brave Eirika, and 3 Mythics looks pretty good on paper, at the very least, and Eirika is probably going to be more useful than the fourth Mythic that I've been using (though the extra 5 HP on my tanks is really nice).

It's an interesting situation where they can be a complete stop against unprepared teams, but preparing for them isn't very difficult and turns them into a free win. I guess once they got well enough known, their effectiveness dropped.

14 hours ago, Othin said:

We've gotten as far as Leif, although they don't seem interested in doing many Year 2 units yet.

I ... legit don't know how I forgot about Leif.

But yeah, like, then everyone up to Leif who isn't a grail or GHB unit is eligible, even if we don't get a lot of Year 2 units.

21 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Who are the next characters in line for the refines next month (Grail and seasonal-wise)?

We should be seeing Julius (Grail) and bride Tharja (seasonal) in the next batch. So more "oops, all red tomes" that has been the theme of this year.

The fact that the remaining seasonals with Prfs of Book 2 are red units make me scared that will take more time to have others red refinements, more especific Laevatein's refinement... or that she may share color with one of them.

We have Bride Tharja, Summer Tana, Summer Young Tiki and Halloween Myrrh as the next seasonals refinements. I skipped Festival Micaiah because since Performing Arts Azura didn't get her refinement yet I expect Micaiah to not get it too... although I honestly hope the dancers get it.

My one single hope for next months refines are that they get their heads out of their butts and give refines to either Soleil or Reinhardt/Olwen.

My one single expectation is that one of Laevatein or Helbindi are refined, and I hope it's a good one because I have both of them +10ed.