Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

52 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The December/January schedule is out now, and the second TT+ (for the New Year's units) doesn't have a subtitle like the Fire and Ice TT+. I wonder if that means it's just a regular TT+, or if they just don't want to spoil the potential plotline. Does anyone remember if the first Fire and Ice TT+ had the subtitle listed in the calendar?

The first Fire and Ice TT+ was just labeled as "Tempest Trials+" on the June to July calendar. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Back again with more Arena complaining and venting! I'm so done with Arena. This is without a doubt one of the worst, most poorly designed, most unbalanced game modes I have ever played in any video game, mobile or otherwise. I thought my last stretch of bad matches a couple months ago was the worst it could get, but no, it wasn't. I have never been cock-blocked so bad in all five years I've been playing this game. I can't seem to even hit three consecutive wins. What's the point of building these +10 units with premium skills if not a single one of them can actually help? It's disgusting that this mode is required for resources, because this sucks. Screw this garbage, and screw Aether Raids too while I'm at it. If Heroes wasn't Fire Emblem and I didn't genuinely enjoy other game modes, I'd have deleted it and never looked back. You're lucking out on my FE love, IS.

That's a good thing about not caring enough for Arena. Depending on the bonus unit, I can promote to Tier 21 then I can relax and do the bare minimal in the following week. Even if I dont promote to Tier 21, keeping Tier 20 is easy.

I have no high merged Legendaries, and my arena core is Nowi, Young Marth and Boey.

18 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Back again with more Arena complaining and venting! I'm so done with Arena. This is without a doubt one of the worst, most poorly designed, most unbalanced game modes I have ever played in any video game, mobile or otherwise. I thought my last stretch of bad matches a couple months ago was the worst it could get, but no, it wasn't. I have never been cock-blocked so bad in all five years I've been playing this game. I can't seem to even hit three consecutive wins. What's the point of building these +10 units with premium skills if not a single one of them can actually help? It's disgusting that this mode is required for resources, because this sucks. Screw this garbage, and screw Aether Raids too while I'm at it. If Heroes wasn't Fire Emblem and I didn't genuinely enjoy other game modes, I'd have deleted it and never looked back. You're lucking out on my FE love, IS.

What Tier are you in? Arena is generally pretty easy for me, although I am only Tier 19.5 so I am free to use positioning Assists and generally curb stomp most enemy teams.  Other than Fruits, the small difference in rewards between Tier 19.5 and Tier 21 is not that big either.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

What Tier are you in? Arena is generally pretty easy for me, although I am only Tier 19.5 so I am free to use positioning Assists and generally curb stomp most enemy teams.  Other than Fruits, the small difference in rewards between Tier 19.5 and Tier 21 is not that big either.

Pre-Fallen Edelgard, I was hovering between 19-20. Now as the year has gone on post-Fallen Edelgard, I've gradually fallen to 17, sometimes getting back up to 18, rarely 19. And it isn't like I'm not preparing for units like F. Edelgard, but building a counter doesn't seem to matter when the enemy team has either:
A: Multiple F. Edelgards
or
B: A combination of her AND Legendary Sigurd AND Brave Hector AND Yuri AND Legendary Lilina AND Brave Eirika AND twelve dancers, etc., just every premium unit. Always some combination of F. Edelgard and those other things.
I'm encountering pretty much NOTHING but extreme whale teams, and have been for months now. I was able to hold on to a good tier-19 rank, but that's just not a possibility anymore, now I can barely manage to hold on to 17. For every counter I build for something like F. Edelgard, the enemy team ends up having twelve other things I cannot possibly counter with a single team unless I've spent thousands of dollars whaling for every premium unit and skill on every banner. It's gotten absurdly ridiculous to unforgivable degrees.

I swear, it's like IS is actively punishing me for negative feedback I sent. I've just all of a sudden had the absolute worst luck humanly possible in Arena and Aether Raids. I am truly, genuinely starting to believe that it is absolutely rigged and I'm being punished, that's how damn bad this has gotten.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

40 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Pre-Fallen Edelgard, I was hovering between 19-20. Now as the year has gone on post-Fallen Edelgard, I've gradually fallen to 17, sometimes getting back up to 18, rarely 19. And it isn't like I'm not preparing for units like F. Edelgard, but building a counter doesn't seem to matter when the enemy team has either:
A: Multiple F. Edelgards
or
B: A combination of her AND Legendary Sigurd AND Brave Hector AND Yuri AND Legendary Lilina AND Brave Eirika AND twelve dancers, etc., just every premium unit. Always some combination of F. Edelgard and those other things.
I'm encountering pretty much NOTHING but extreme whale teams, and have been for months now. I was able to hold on to a good tier-19 rank, but that's just not a possibility anymore, now I can barely manage to hold on to 17. For every counter I build for something like F. Edelgard, the enemy team ends up having twelve other things I cannot possibly counter with a single team unless I've spent thousands of dollars whaling for every premium unit and skill on every banner. It's gotten absurdly ridiculous to unforgivable degrees.

I use Lyn: Brave Lady, Cordelia, Olivia, and whatever bonus unit of the week, so my experience is mostly from the player phase side of things. Lyn: Brave Lady is a Firesweeper, Cordelia is a Galeforcer, Olivia Dances, and the bonus unit is usually a nuke.

While Edelgard: Hegemon Husk can be a pain in the ass from time to time, a Firesweep archer will pretty much soft counter her and 99% of the problematic units out there. Teams with multiple Edelgard: Hegemon Husks are generally slow as hell since they are all usually running their default Armored Stride, so you can run rings around them with impunity.

In my experience, whale teams with a mix of movement types are the easiest to beat, since slower units cannot keep up with their faster teammates, which leaves you free to pick them off bit by bit. A lot of new maps are also seem to be designed in the player's favor since most of them split up the enemy team into two groups, giving you more time to finish off one half of the team before you take on the other half.

If you are using a super tank based team composition though, you will need much higher levels of investment for a similar amount of ease. The super tank will need at least three premium skills: Distant Counter on A, Null Follow-Up or some kind of Dodge on B, and Pulse Smoke on C. And if you are not using M!Corrin, it is also going cost you quite a lot to merge your support unit since every one else that is a decent support unit is 5* exclusive. A player phase team's most intensive Orb investment on the other hand will just be Firesweep Bow, and you do not need the best Dancers/Singers either so they are super cheap to merge.

Edited by XRay

Brb, I’ll be vomiting in the corner thanks to Resplendent Est. The art isn’t even close to being as good as Nowi’s or Ishtar’s either.

Don’t even care about that other FEH Pass related thing. Giving Est a Resplendent before literally anyone else Florina or Clair (who both have shit art) is a straight up war crime.

Edited by Tybrosion

Well, I knew that Palla, Catria, and Est were gonna be the next characters from Marth's games to get a Resplendent outfit, but I fully expected Palla and Catria to get theirs far before Est got hers. Also, since Shanna and Est have both gotten Resplendent outfits now, and they're both the youngest of their respective siblings, I'm hoping that means that the youngest of the pegasus sisters in Blazing Blade Florina won't be too far away.

I was not expecting them to announce the next Resplendent outfit this early. Ljosalfheimr is a fitting pick for Est, I guess.

Spoiler

chara_img_00004006000042_01.png?time=163

Spoiler

chara_img_00004006000042_02.png?time=163

Spoiler

chara_img_00004006000042_03.png?time=163

Spoiler

chara_img_00004006000042_04.png?time=163

Her art is pretty good. Nothing amazing, but definitely good. Her left eyebrow (the one on her winking eye) on her Special activation art stands out as a bit wonky, though.

Est is most notable as a Brave Galeforcer in Rokkr Sieges, and her most relevant stats are her 36 HP, 35 Atk, and 24 Def. Getting her physical bulk boosted to 38/26 is really nice given that it's the lowest among the lance fliers most commonly used for this role. Getting her Atk boosted to 37 puts her only 4 points behind Duo Palla and 5 points behind Ferry (1 point if Ferry runs a Spd Asset instead) (all units with maximum Dragonflowers), but with Est dealing effective damage against armor.

Not much else to say.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, oh my gosh.

FEH is getting desperate, apparently. Fuck FEH Pass.

Desperate? I'm seeing this as an incentive to get minnows and players who are on the fence to subscribe by giving it a lot more value.

Also, assuming the exclusive spark is being added to Legendary/Mythic Hero and Special Heroes banners, this is probably going to actually cost them money from dolphins and whales, as a spark effectively cuts spending on orbs by an average of about 60-80 USD per banner per player that was already planning on pulling for a minimum of 2 5-star focus characters. As there is an average of 1 Legendary/Mythic Hero banner and 1 Special Heroes banner per month, they'd need 12-16 new subscribers per existing subscribed dolphin or whale just to break even, and I don't think they can actually manage that.

Essentially, this is paying a flat fee to reduce the amount of gacha in the game, and that's a good thing.

EDIT: I forgot that there aren't enough free orbs to get a spark from all three banners per month without paying, so that cuts the number of new subscribers needed by half to 6-8 if all of them pay for extra orbs to get the third spark, but most new subscribers probably won't, so it should still be too high for me to think they'd actually break even.

Edited by Ice Dragon

...EST? Aw damnit all to hell, I shoulda subbed when Ryoma was available...

I don't use Est. Never have, barely even look at her Spring alt anymore. The Triangle Attack effect isn't something I try to activate either. She may as well be dead weight to me these days... ugh, guess that's another Resplendent I didn't want added to the pile...

Edited by Xenomata

I don't think what they're doing is that big of a deal. Oh no, a company wants money? How shocking lol. But seriously it's one copy of them. I didn't even get them. I don't think this is going to break the meta or anything. I could be wrong. But also paying 10 dollars a month for my favorite mobile game from my favorite game company is the least I can do. I've only bought a ton of orbs twice (for Catherine and Vika). And at worst people can get a +1 added to one of the pull able heroes.

I know that people need to save up orbs to get enough to spark, but that's what most people do, I save up orbs all the time. I also don't spark in every sparkable banner. I only spark on the ones I really want or need. Lets me save up orbs easier haha

But I an sorry to those who this upset or to those that can afford 10 dollars a month. I get that. During the summer I cancel my subscription cause I only work during the school year. I also canceled for a few months during the lock down. I know what it's like. But I really can't hate on a company trying to make money to keep the game going.

Edited by Dylan Corona

Regarding FEH Pass sparks: it looks to me like buying 6 months of FEH Pass over the course of a year, around the start of every other month, would be enough to spark on every Special and Legendary/Mythic banner. 25 such sparks would cost at least 3875 orbs, but IIRC that's less than the yearly free orb income.

It would also get 18 of the year's 24 Resplendents, for that matter.

Edited by Othin

About the FehPass Sparks: I think it would have been better if they let anyone spark on every banner, but FehPassers get a 2nd spark avaliable on every banner. 

That would be good for F2P, having access to spark if/when they wanted to spark, and also for ppl who spend on the game (who possibly also pay the FehPass) for sparking multiple times.

So, is IS gonna acknowledge the fact that M!Byleth's LHB is kinda missing?

I don't think I've ever seen them forget to re-run a LHB or MHB....unless this is entirely intentional because they didn't want to run both of the Byleth LHBs at the same time. If it's the latter option, then that's really dumb.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So, is IS gonna acknowledge the fact that M!Byleth's LHB is kinda missing?

I don't think I've ever seen them forget to re-run a LHB or MHB....unless this is entirely intentional because they didn't want to run both of the Byleth LHBs at the same time. If it's the latter option, then that's really dumb.

I think someone made a mistake and forgot to add Male Byleth's map into the Legendary Banner data, maybe because we already have a Legendary Byleth map (the female one).

According to the notifications the map was not added due to a data error, and they plan to hold this LHB on a further date which will be announced in the near future.

I wouldn't be surprised if they add this map on the New Year Banner data, and only lasts until January 3rd.

wow...i just got my resplendent Isthar copy from FEH pass, and it's just, wow. Killer art. it looked great when i first saw it, but having it on my game gives it yet another touch of awe. Her Special and damaged arts are honestly my favorites i think, the first feels so dynamic it's unreal and later seems so expressive and fluid it's something else. My respects to this lady, Suzuki Rika, she's my favorite artist in the game by this point and just one of my favorite artists in general. Ishtar and Eldigan are easily the best resplendent arts imo, and i can only dream and hope she'll be the one to do Deirdre when it's her time, but I hope to see her do work on others like Quan and Sidgurd (yes, i'll like to see what her resplendent sigurd would be) and also Lachesis and Arya.

See, this is what I'll like to see more of in the FEH pass, content and products that enhance your experience and enjoyment of playing the game.

So, I didn't mention it until now but Est's new look seems kind of...off? Her pose looks stiff to me, and something about her face shape and such makes me think more "that one middle pegasus sister whom I think is maybe from FE7? The one who's always going after money or whatever" than Est. Or, at least the art for that one pegasus sister as represented in Heroes. I think it's because her cheeks are more full or something.

31 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

So, I didn't mention it until now but Est's new look seems kind of...off? Her pose looks stiff to me, and something about her face shape and such makes me think more "that one middle pegasus sister whom I think is maybe from FE7? The one who's always going after money or whatever" than Est. Or, at least the art for that one pegasus sister as represented in Heroes. I think it's because her cheeks are more full or something.

Farina? I can see the resemblance, but it doesn't look out of line for Est to me.

As is tradition at this point, we'll be getting special orb packs for the New Year. They are [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

New Year's Dream Pack (two per person): 25 orbs for $7.99 each

New Year's Shipless Pirate Pack (two per person): 50 orbs (40 + 10 Bonus), 60 Dragonflowers (F) and 5* Tibarn: Shipless Pirate for $26.99 each

Orb & Ticket Pack (two per person): 85 orbs (60 + 25 Bonus) and two Summoning Tickets (one for Like Clockwork, the other for Revival: w Special Heroes) for $39.99 each

New Year's Fresh Ambition Pack: 143 orbs (110 + 33 Bonus), 120 Dragonflowers (C) and 5* Fafnir: Fresh Ambition for $74.99

All four last for 30 days.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

As is tradition at this point, we'll be getting special orb packs for the New Year. They are [SPOILERS]:

Hide contents

New Year's Dream Pack (two per person): 25 orbs for $7.99 each

New Year's Shipless Pirate Pack (two per person): 50 orbs (40 + 10 Bonus), 60 Dragonflowers (F) and 5* Tibarn: Shipless Pirate for $26.99 each

Orb & Ticket Pack (two per person): 85 orbs (60 + 25 Bonus) and two Summoning Tickets (one for Like Clockwork, the other for Revival: w Special Heroes) for $39.99 each

New Year's Fresh Ambition Pack: 143 orbs (110 + 33 Bonus), 120 Dragonflowers (C) and 5* Fafnir: Fresh Ambition for $74.99

All four last for 30 days.

I may, and I mean may spend 40 on this banner...cause I got to get all the Laguz.