Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

35 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What are the chances of the others princesses being Ylissean, Hoshidan or Nohrian princesses? Because... please no!

I mean, we did already have a Hoshidan New Year banner, with Nohr mixed in. We also already have a Winter Lissa. I could see Hinoka or Sakura being a single Fates rep on it, though.

I think Laevatein is pretty likely to join Fjorm on the banner. Past that, Celica seems like a good candidate, since she's one of the more popular lords without a seasonal alt yet. Other possibilities include Veronica, Caeda, and Elincia, I guess?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Past that, Celica seems like a good candidate, since she's one of the more popular lords without a seasonal alt yet.

How about no? How about at least pretending to try to keep the proliferation of unnecessary alts in check?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

What are the chances of the others princesses being Ylissean, Hoshidan or Nohrian princesses? Because... please no!

Virtually zero. The name of the next Tempest Trials in Japanese roughly translates to "If you bring three princesses together..."

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How about no? How about at least pretending to try to keep the proliferation of unnecessary alts in check?

That's... an entirely different issue? If you were hoping we wouldn't get another New Year's banner this year, that ship kinda already sailed. Right now, given that seasonals will exist, Celica is one of the characters most deserving of one, and it'd fit the recent Eirika/Ephraim seasonals.

Although they might be more likely to go for Alm and Celica on the Valentine's banner. Alm is in the weird position of being the only non-Jugdral lord without any alts so far, and that'd take care of that pretty nicely.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Virtually zero. The name of the next Tempest Trials in Japanese roughly translates to "If you bring three princesses together..."

Well I'm really confused, then.

I don't think Eir is getting an alt this soon, and it seems like a weird place for Sharena to get another one. But we do still have reason to expect Fjorm being on the banner. Perhaps the bonus units will consist of both the new banner units (including new Fjorm) and the regular versions of the three princesses (including old Fjorm)? They've had duplicated characters that way a few times before: Olwen and Reinhardt on the FE5 TT, as well as several characters on this year's Halloween TT and everyone on this year's Brides TT.

But that leaves little basis for guessing the contents of the rest of the banner itself, aside from derailing my princesses speculation. Maybe Gunnthra will join Fjorm as a regular Nifl half-banner, then, with who knows what else for the other half.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you were hoping we wouldn't get another New Year's banner this year, that ship kinda already sailed. Right now, given that seasonals will exist, Celica is one of the characters most deserving of one, and it'd fit the recent Eirika/Ephraim seasonals.

I know that a New Year’s banner is coming, it’s right there on the calendar, starting on the 1st of January.

A Celica alt, seasonal or otherwise, would be just as unnecessary, superfluous, and unwanted as Eirika and Ephraim’s were. If we/they/whoever need to have alts, then spread the damn wealth.

Four versions is overkill for anyone, and you cannot argue against that.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well I'm really confused, then.

Spoiler

I'm not seeing much of a problem.

The Tempest Trials having a "three princesses" theme doesn't need to have a connection to the banner.

Even if we assume Fjorm is getting an alt, she could very well just be the Tempest Trials reward character, and even if she ends up being a banner character, there's no requirement that the other characters on the banner have to be the other princesses.

For example, you could easily have the Tempest Trials bonus characters be

1. Sharena
  2. Fjorm
  3. Eir
  4. New Year Fjorm (Tempest Trials reward)
  5. Banner character #1
  6. Banner character #2
  7. Banner character #3
  8. Banner character #4

in the most extreme possible case or

1. Sharena
  2. Fjorm
  3. Eir
  4. New Year Fjorm (Banner character)
  5. Banner character #2
  6. Banner character #3
  7. Ylgr / Brave Veronica
  8. Tempest Trials reward

In the most overlappy possible version.

I'm personally hoping for the banner to be something like Fjorm, Gunnthra, Laevatein, and Laegjarn because who doesn't want the Muspell sisters in New Year kimonos. Though that would burn a hole straight through my wallet if it happened.

I have hardly any orbs after Ophelia Blazing Light'd my orb stash on the hero fest, so I'm hoping I can skip banners for a while(skipping Christmas, skipping RD beasts and NY is up in the air). However, seasonal Muspell sisters would be sick. Laegjarn and Laevatein in kiminos? Hell yeah I'd pull for that. Probably not for a Fjorm alt, though. She's cute but her design isn't as orb-worthy to me.

I wouldn't mind a Fates princess NY either(filling in who's missing after Camilla), since I have a friend who'd kill for an alt of Elise in a kimino. And maybe Hinoka could finally have a seasonal too.

Spoiler

75f3d96490064ba9e3659fc27da3be4a.jpg

Come on IS, you can't ignore her on seasonals forever.

Edited by Alkaid

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I know that a New Year’s banner is coming, it’s right there on the calendar, starting on the 1st of January.

A Celica alt, seasonal or otherwise, would be just as unnecessary, superfluous, and unwanted as Eirika and Ephraim’s were. If we/they/whoever need to have alts, then spread the damn wealth.

Four versions is overkill for anyone, and you cannot argue against that.

Personally, I don't consider total number of versions particularly relevant here. Legendary Eirika feels pretty redundant considering the existence of mage Eirika and a potential future CYL Eirika, but none of those have much conflict with the purpose of a seasonal Eirika. Celica, similarly, has three versions that take different angles on her, and while I don't think there would be much value in a legendary Celica at this point, a seasonal Celica could be fine in my book as long as she isn't red. I have a problem with characters like Tharja and Kagero getting their second seasonals as their third versions, but by my standards, this isn't particularly similar.

But you're free to use a different standard, and now that you mention it, your standard seems to be a pretty common one. I guess my main point here is, it's not the only one.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Tempest Trials having a "three princesses" theme doesn't need to have a connection to the banner.

Even if we assume Fjorm is getting an alt, she could very well just be the Tempest Trials reward character, and even if she ends up being a banner character, there's no requirement that the other characters on the banner have to be the other princesses.

1. Sharena
  2. Fjorm
  3. Eir
  5. Banner character #1
  6. Banner character #2
  7. Banner character #3
  8. Banner character #4

1. Sharena
  2. Fjorm
  3. Eir
  5. Banner character #2
  6. Banner character #3
  7. Ylgr / Brave Veronica
  8. Tempest Trials reward

I'm personally hoping for the banner to be something like Fjorm, Gunnthra, Laevatein, and Laegjarn because who doesn't want the Muspell sisters in New Year kimonos. Though that would burn a hole straight through my wallet if it happened.

Fair enough.

New Year Laegjarn? Oh boy. Got to hold out until Nailah if that happens and try my luck after Nailah.

But I will not think too much about it, most cases that could happen are still skip. But may I add... ok the devs might have forgotten that she exists, but Marth has a sister. So I would not be unhappy if we get Caeda, Sheena, Minerva or Elice. Sheena alt would be mighty appreciated. 

Edited by Stroud

If the NY banner is all girls I will skip, and now I am hoping that happens since the Christmas banner is taking all my orbs right now.  I just hope the TT unit is as good as Cecilia.  

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

1. Sharena
  2. Fjorm
  3. Eir
  5. Banner character #1
  6. Banner character #2
  7. Banner character #3
  8. Banner character #4

1. Sharena
  2. Fjorm
  3. Eir
  5. Banner character #2
  6. Banner character #3
  7. Ylgr / Brave Veronica
  8. Tempest Trials reward

Spoiler

well it could be possible that regular Veronica could be the TT reward. She and Bruno are the only OCs left to be introduced (Brave Veronica doesnt count)

12 minutes ago, Hilda said:
  Hide contents

well it could be possible that regular Veronica could be the TT reward. She and Bruno are the only OCs left to be introduced (Brave Veronica doesnt count)

Spoiler

i'd be down for that, though I'm suspecting we'll get Bruno and/or Veronica OG midway through Book 3 rather than this soon.

38 minutes ago, Hilda said:
  Hide contents

Possible, but seems a bit random, especially now that we know she's not one of the princesses the TT is about.

I also think Bruno might get added before regular Veronica, since he's already begun to work with the heroes.

This week's Tactics Drills was pretty easy---but that wasn't why it only took 3 attempts.

On top of being fairly easy, it was also well designed---the tip was both useful and the map was designed so that you didn't need it to see the proper plays. The wrong choices are pretty obvious from just how the units are laid out, same for the right choices---the map itself was the biggest hint, basically, and that's how good Tactics Drills ought to be designed.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Then I’d thank IS for continuing to make it all too easy for me to save for Tibarn...and then immediately go back to sleep.

Are you not getting enough sleep already? I'm a little surprised the game hasn't tempted me at all in the past... year I guess? Last January/MSZ is the only thing that stands out for me.

*Yawn* Well there is always next year. I'm still not giving up on this game yet. The January NH I'm going to lean on not being optimistic of, but February surely must win my affections, or March at least? Sloth Orb count stands at ~820.

Don't feel like discussing the disappointment of the past banners, I'm sure enough has already been spewed of them and I'd contribute nothing new.

Random comment, that new sword dude reminds me of TMS Chrom a little, just from the glimpse of the login artwork.

Also @Vaximillian, cute avi. Just don't end up like the cat in Christmas Vacation.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Are you not getting enough sleep already? I'm a little surprised the game hasn't tempted me at all in the past... year I guess? Last January/MSZ is the only thing that stands out for me.

No, that was just me being snide towards this game. My patience with and interest in it is continuing to drop by the day. If you need any proof, I willingly dropped down to Tier 19 in Arena because I never completed a streak prior to Monday. I tried to do one with hours left but quickly got fed up with the Arena's usual bullshit (further exacerbated with asshole Surtr being a bonus unit) and said "screw it".

I've also pretty much given up doing Arena Assault runs with any consistency too.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

First, it’s “blatant”.

Second, where was your outrage when the calendar got revealed?

Firstly, there was always the hope that the Xmas event would finally give us two guys and two girls... but nope, three girls.

Secondly, it's closer at hand. I sighed when I saw the name to begin with but I'm already preparing for disappointment. I'm not sure if outrage is the word. Just ongoing disappointment and annoyance.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

First, it’s “blatant”.

Second, where was your outrage when the calendar got revealed?

Blatent is a far worse version of blatant.  It adds eeeeeeeegh to blatant.  Secondly, I've been busy.