Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ouch

Reveal hidden contents

I get the idea of Ike going Seasonal-less due to being "too serious" a character. Although I don't recall Marth ever being at ease in his games, so even if he isn't stoic, he is not exactly someone suited for a Seasonal from a certain perspective. 

But Alm is lacking for some reason, only Celica of the SoV crew has gotten a lot of attention. She has been very busy wasting her life away in FEH.

Marth does have a seaonal though: his groom variant (albeit he was a TT reward and not a banner unit). And even though Celica has two alts, neither of them are seasonal so Valentia has gotten zero love in that department.

Edited by Tybrosion

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, don't worry. That's exactly my plan. And this time, I actually mean it unlike Gifts of Winter where I caved and pulled anyways. I got a staff armor for my troubles at least.

Oh well, congratz on that. Pretty sure that'll ruin the perception of restraint but I guess that's looking a gift horse in the mouth.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Marth does have a seaonal though: his groom variant (albeit he was a TT reward and not a banner unit).

Precisely my point. Marth isn't exactly suited for one in temperament, yet he has one. Ike isn't exactly suited for a Seasonal in temperament either, and yet he lacks one. Why I'm not sure if Xander really is suited either- but I guess all Fates characters (except maybe some nobodies like Xgufa) have to have at least the slightest of silly-bubbly side due to differences in the philosophy of their era of creation.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ouch

Reveal hidden contents

I get the idea of Ike going Seasonal-less due to being "too serious" a character. Although I don't recall Marth ever being at ease in his games, so even if he isn't stoic, he is not exactly someone suited for a Seasonal from a certain perspective. 

But Alm is lacking for some reason, only Celica of the SoV crew has gotten a lot of attention. She has been very busy wasting her life away in FEH.

In response to your spoiler stuff:

Hide contents

I'm getting the sense that IS has operated in two plans in this year for the banners.

Plan 1- From January to roughly Summer, or roughly September. This is the plan which gave Micaiah and had a fair bit of diversity in things, if not as much as would be ideal in the banner picks. It started before and continued after CYL2.

Plan 2 When exactly IS shifted over is debatable. Awakening lacked ever having a dedicated banner of new additions so Ylissean Travelers wasn't just a "conservative" move. On the other hand, the Quan-Lewyn-Silvia FE4 banner might be considered part of Plan 2, since while these were good and important additions, we already had an FE4 banner this year, so were they unfairly "pandering" to FE4 lovers here?

What is certain is that CYL2's results were part of this plan, and the results are why IS vomited every Book 2 OC in a rapid fire sequence. They must have assumed people LOVED these characters, and besides B2 ending, they thus thought it best to add them all at once for their bottom line. 

Speaking again of conservatism, the inclusion of Nina and co. might have been a fair move despite the already high percentage of Fates characters in FEH, but after Adrift, one could argue it was a pandering move of playing it safe with new additions.

It is possible that Tibarn and Nailah coming are just part of the continuing response to CYL2 results. On the other hand, it could herald the beginnings of their next set of plans for new additions, possibly a more optimistic, diverse, and adventurous set of banners and characters.

Spoiler

You've likely got a point there in response to the bold. I've got no idea how much money the OC Banners made but shtting them out in succession AND already giving the Muspell sisters and Hrid an alt AIN'T IT.

I surely hope your last sentence is true. 

Also, off-topic

Spoiler

I'm mad this was datamined so soon, now I have to wait to make Laevatein my new Avatar until she's officially revealed, SMH

Personally I'm not salty, and I think most people who aren't just... don't post. (You have to be either annoyed or really like a banner to post.)

My main issue is that the pace of new skills coming out is way too fast for me to keep up with. Which, of course, is the point---I'm assuming they're doing this so that the hard-core players feel like they have to spend to keep up.

Edit: The art is really nice, and the skills are the kind that's desperately needed (Infantry accessible buffs that are actually competitive with Type Buffs), but the problem is that they're stuck on 5* units---since demoting valuable skills to 4* simply isn't how IS does things. Very good for both the casual crowd and the spendy crowd, but people like me who were in a weird mix of competitive on a low budget get shafted---but I'm personally of the opinion that my type of people shouldn't be considered for a game like this, so it's fine.

It's not like I can't just turn in my elitist jerk badge and go play in the kiddie pool, anyway.

Edited by DehNutCase

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Pretty sure that'll ruin the perception of restraint but I guess that's looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Eh, I felt like I needed to own up to being a lying POS since I'm pretty sure I previously said I wasn't going to pull on Gifts of Winter after the free pull at all. However, I actually like the Renais twins when compared to [insert FEH OC here] so I'm pretty confident there will be no such caving this time.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

-Galeforce-

Did you just proc Galeforce two times? :p

Spoiler

I want Gunny who I am a bit annoyed that she's literally a gen 2 version of Elincia in stats. So, when are we getting that BST increase for older units update?

Edited by Kaden

So just saying, I'm not looking at this "new banner" until they officially announce it. I don't know who's on it, i don't know what skills are coming, and I could care even less than I do currently. I'm already addicted to Smash Bros Ultimate (I mean, I was still playing it even when I was Christmas Shopping, and in fact I'm listening to music from it right now), and I now have Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu and Skyrim to try out in the coming weeks, not to mention all the other things I need to worry about like job searching and tooth surgery... do you really need me to worry about whatever else has everyone in a rage in FEH?

But... Ugh... this update to unit merges is gonna give me a headache... I mean, I can plainly see what'll happen to the units Flaw stat (also glad to know there is an "official" term for what we've been calling Boons and Banes) on a merge, and honestly it aint gonna make a different for 99% of the units since their ideal Flaw is usually so low it doesn't make a difference anyways.

But how it works for Neutral units? I don't think my brain can handle thinking about where that extra 1 point will go... does this mean units might want to pick No Asset just based on their merges picked stats? And in fact, is this gonna impact units who have always went for one Flaw stat when now the merges +3 to Flaw stat means they want to now go for a different Flaw because their "ideal" Flaw stat is a superflaw? Oh god so many questions...

Also, "Tome of Thoron"

...really now. TOME OF THORON.

Looks like they fired the guy who's been naming every personal "[Unit Name]'s Weapon" last month and replaced him with someone a little simple-minded...

I'm curious about what they have planned for Naga and Divine Naga separately... does this mean Dark Excalibur and Dark Aura will get refines to?

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I'm not salty, and I think most people who aren't just... don't post. (You have to be either annoyed or really like a banner to post.)

My main issue is that the pace of new skills coming out is way too fast for me to keep up with. Which, of course, is the point---I'm assuming they're doing this so that the hard-core players feel like they have to spend to keep up.

Yeah, they're really hammering us with stuff in quick succession to make people have to keep spending if they want to keep up with it all.

Hone Atk 4 on top of Azura's release is sly timing. Now she can give +7 to all stats after a dance.

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

One again I am the only one not salty about a new banner.

I'm actually pretty hyped for it. Like I said somewhere a while back, I'm actually pretty fond of the Nifl brood despite their lack of characterization. Jarny I'm quite a fan of too. Laevetain I'm less so, but she's not awful.

@Xenomata The way I took it based on their example is that essentially, the unit will get +1 to each of their three highest base stats, +2 to the two highest instead of the old +1, and +1 to the third highest, with the subsequent merge boosting that third highest with another +1. It'll essentially be choosing between +3 to one stat or +1 to three stats, though I can't really think of a case where +1 to three stats would be preferable.

Also, I know it won't make a difference for scoring purposes, but who's ready for 184 BST units? It feels like this is IS's way of basically introducing gen 3 stats without causing a complete riot. Guess I'm going to have to pull for Brave Lucina next time she shows up. Same for Lewyn, but he'll be much less important. It's ironic how much less -atk on him matters than on Lucina. Go figure.

Edited by bottlegnomes

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

One again I am the only one not salty about a new banner.

I'm actually pretty hyped for it. Like I said somewhere a while back, I'm actually pretty fond of the Nifl brood despite their lack of characterization. Jarny I'm quite a fan of too. Laevetain I'm less so, but she's not awful.

@Xenomata The way I took it based on their example is that essentially, the unit will get +1 to each of their three highest base stats, +2 to the two highest instead of the old +1, and +1 to the third highest, with the subsequent merge boosting that third highest with another +1. It'll essentially be choosing between +3 to one stat or +1 to three stats, though I can't really think of a case where +1 to three stats would be preferable.

Also, I know it won't make a difference for scoring purposes, but who's ready for 184 BST units? It feels like this is IS's way of basically introducing gen 3 stats without causing a complete riot. Guess I'm going to have to pull for Brave Lucina next time she shows up. Same for Lewyn, but he'll be much less important.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Also, "Tome of Thoron"

...really now. TOME OF THORON.

Looks like they fired the guy who's been naming every personal "[Unit Name]'s Weapon" and replaced him with someone a little simple-minded...

I can introduce to you to worse translations.

Although that does sound bad. Reminds me of "Cellar of Sand Mouse" (FFT was a bit messy).

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

not to mention all the other things I need to worry about like job searching and tooth surgery...

I don't want think about the former (alas, my life is entering a new phase), and my sympathies for the latter.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, they could’ve at least gone with Friegean Thoron instead. Still, I do appreciate them giving Tailtiu any love at all though.

Or Thrud’s Thoron. Tailtiu is a descendant of Thrud, after all, even if she can’t use Mjölnir.

I do like that Tailtiu’s finally getting her Prf though. And Julia’s finally getting hers too! I’m not sure which one I’m looking forward to more! (mostly because I saw some datamined info that may or may not have been Julia’s new Naga and if it is then that’s gonna be quite hard to top)

Also, having seen the new banner, I like it. Probably not gonna pull on it, gotta use those Orbs for Beasts, but if I get lucky enough to pull someone quickly on the Beast Banner I could see myself trying for a New Year 2019 unit.

Spoiler

Also, it’s nice that they’re giving Book II a sendoff seasonal banner before everything goes to Hel.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, they're really hammering us with stuff in quick succession to make people have to keep spending if they want to keep up with it all.

Hone Atk 4 on top of Azura's release is sly timing. Now she can give +7 to all stats after a dance.

Mind, before AR I wouldn't have minded the pace---I was so casual that I had 300k feathers stocked up at one point, with another ~100k or so on Hero Merit that I never bothered collecting. Having resources simply wasn't a problem, I got them slowly, but I spent them even slower.

In other words, AR is actually making me dislike the game, not only in the mode itself but also in how I look at banners, so I'll just do the obvious thing and stop trying after this season. Losing the grails hurt---considering how ridiculous I am at max efficiency, I'm losing out on a ton of them (I'll just straight up do one surrender a day until I drop down to 4k again)---but *shrug.*

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Also, having seen the new banner, I like it. Probably not gonna pull on it, gotta use those Orbs for Beasts, but if I get lucky enough to pull someone quickly on the Beast Banner I could see myself trying for a New Year 2019 unit.

Spoiler

Actually, since they're going to Hel, why can't they bring them back? Could the land of the dead not contain their souls? Zombie Surtr anyone?

So I just retroactively realized I'm pissed about my Laev merges. Went with the +def/-res one over the +atk/-spd one because I wanted her to avoid some doubles. Now that speed flaw wouldn't even have mattered. Probably hoping for too much to have them give some way to repick the base merge. Not actually sure that'd even be possible without just taking it on good faith.

13 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Yeah, even if there's not a lot of them I still enjoy them. On top of that they made this banner another flier-heavy one and I'm always interested in more fliers.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

So I just retroactively realized I'm pissed about my Laev merges. Went with the +def/-res one over the +atk/-spd one because I wanted her to avoid some doubles. Now that speed flaw wouldn't even have mattered. Probably hoping for too much to have them give some way to repick the base merge. Not actually sure that'd even be possible without just taking it on good faith.

I've done that with a few units too and never thought I'd come to regret it. Also my Loki makes me a little sad now, who I got a +hp -atk one of and continued pulling(with actually spending some money) to get a better one. I just ended up with an even worse +res -spd one, which I foddered off for her Duel skill since why waste the fodder just to +1 her, right? Now I could have had her atk bane be fixed if I'd actually merged her.

12 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind, before AR I wouldn't have minded the pace---I was so casual that I had 300k feathers stocked up at one point, with another ~100k or so on Hero Merit that I never bothered collecting. Having resources simply wasn't a problem, I got them slowly, but I spent them even slower.

In other words, AR is actually making me dislike the game, not only in the mode itself but also in how I look at banners, so I'll just do the obvious thing and stop trying after this season. Losing the grails hurt---considering how ridiculous I am at max efficiency, I'm losing out on a ton of them (I'll just straight up do one surrender a day until I drop down to 4k again)---but *shrug.*

I've got 400k saved right now, but that's since the game won't give me the copies of the units I want to merge, as usual.

I'll stop trying if I get to tier 20. I feel like with enough defense luck I can make it there one of these weeks, despite no extra Eirs. After that, I'm not giving IS my orbs for multiples Eirs or merges to play their new system to hit 21. I'd rather get to blow off half my AR matches and just maintain rank at that point.