"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is up the player's preferences. Whether it matters or not depends on the player. For me, it matters; for most other players, it probably does not.

I personally prefer Reposition on everyone (except for armor units). Swap is my second favorite if I do not have Reposition available, but I only use Swap on Enemy Phase units. I am not a huge fan of Drag Back, Shove, or Smite; Shove and Smite are gimmicky, but you should definitely try out Drag Back to see if that skill is up your alley.

True, I personally don't like Reposition on every unit (namely because I'm running low on fodder) so I tend to use Swap in its place when I can. I'll probably try out Draw Back first, though~

Thanks!~

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

True, I personally don't like Reposition on every unit (namely because I'm running low on fodder) so I tend to use Swap in its place when I can. I'll probably try out Draw Back first, though~

Thanks!~

I tend to use Draw Back on ranged infantry, Swap on knights and whenever I’m short on Reposition, and Reposition on everything else.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I tend to use Draw Back on ranged infantry, Swap on knights and whenever I’m short on Reposition, and Reposition on everything else.

Yeah so Draw Back will probably be best here, then~

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is A!Tiki better as an attacker or a tank? In other words is her best boon ATK or DEF?

She is more suited for Enemy Phase in my opinion. 68/70 (38+16+5+(6or8)+3) Atk is a little bit low against the more bulky enemies.

If she is going against mostly just green units, then +Atk is better. If she is going against reds as well, then I recommend +Def.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is more suited for Enemy Phase in my opinion. 68/70 (38+16+5+(6or8)+3) Atk is a little bit low against the more bulky enemies.

If she is going against mostly just green units, then +Atk is better. If she is going against reds as well, then I recommend +Def.

You have any recommendation besides Steady Breath & QR 3?

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You have any recommendation besides Steady Breath & QR 3?

Warding Breath or Triangle Adept in the A slot. Quick Riposte in the B slot with Close Def or Distant Def in the S slot or Guard in the B slot with Quick Riposte in the S slot.

Fury is also a possibility. Distant Counter if you're using Breath of Fog.

52 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Warding Breath or Triangle Adept in the A slot. Quick Riposte in the B slot with Close Def or Distant Def in the S slot or Guard in the B slot with Quick Riposte in the S slot.

Fury is also a possibility. Distant Counter if you're using Breath of Fog.

Yea, I'm so on a major budget & from the sound of things I already have an ideal budget A!Tiki.

Having TA 2 & QR 2 in her build. Thanks for the answer.

I'll wait until I know what Celica's refine is, but I have enough resources for about 3 total. So far I've done them for: Raven, Tiki, Camilla, Nephenee, Marth, Michalis, Minerva, Lyn, Caeda and Corrin. Any recommendations for fun units to refine? Also, what is the better weapon, refined Falchion for Masked Lucina or Sealed Falchion?

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Also, what is the better weapon, refined Falchion for Masked Lucina or Sealed Falchion?

The regular Falchion is better for keeping her as a combat medic, while the Sealed Falchion is better if you want to use her as a regular combatant.

Kind of a dumb question, but I need help with my indecisiveness.

Legendary Marth is disappearing within 24 hours & I'm wondering if I should snipe for him or HS!Micaiah with limited orbs

Edited by Zangetsu

26 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Kind of a dumb question, but I need help with indecisiveness.

Legendary Marth is disappearing within 24 hours & I'm wondering if I should snipe for him or HS!Micaiah with limited orbs

Excluding any judgement on the quality of the unit themselves:

Micaiah pros - slightly higher chance of pulling the specific hero, it'll be longer before she's re-run (~6 months vs 3 months), banner has more remaining duration giving you time to gather more orbs.

Marth pros - higher 5* rate, better quality pitybreakers on average.

I have not used a limited unit for skill inheritance before, but I am tempted to put Berkut's lance on Hector as a secondary option... Not sure if that is a good idea or not. Mine is +res and has 31 base resistance (plus one more resistance from merges). The lance could add up to 11 more resistance. With the distant defense seal, wards, and the "even resistance wave" skill, he would make any challenging armor emblem quest a lot easier...

Berkut has one of the nicest looking armor designs. It's too bad he doesn't have great stats; his weapon doesn't work all that well on him either.

I have two interlocking questions:

I have just 5 stared my anna, and was trying to figure out a good build for her. Note that I am currently massivaly short of devine dew. I also have 5* copies of nephnee, hinoka, soliel, bride lyn and tiltyu' and 3 or 4* copies of most 4* avalible units.  Note that I have a +spd maribell i really like, and i was thinking of giving her atk/spd+2 (I use her more than I expect to use anna she is currently running spd +3 in that slot). who shoulld i fodder nephnee on and what anna build should i build?

Edited by sirmola

3 hours ago, Tree said:

Berkut has one of the nicest looking armor designs. It's too bad he doesn't have great stats; his weapon doesn't work all that well on him either.

Berkut is actually a fairly decent mixed tank with his weapon since he dumped Spd so absurdly hard. Only downside is it costs a Hector.

5 hours ago, Tree said:

I have not used a limited unit for skill inheritance before, but I am tempted to put Berkut's lance on Hector as a secondary option... Not sure if that is a good idea or not. Mine is +res and has 31 base resistance (plus one more resistance from merges). The lance could add up to 11 more resistance. With the distant defense seal, wards, and the "even resistance wave" skill, he would make any challenging armor emblem quest a lot easier...

In my opinion, Maltet is superior since it got Quick Riposte built in. Wary Fighter-Quick Riposte on top of his Maltet essentially gives him a Breaker against every enemy. 11 more Res is nice, but being able to run a B slot other than Vengeful Fighter and Quick Riposte is much better for performance. I also would swap out Even Res Wave since it is unreliable; Ward Armor is so much better since it is always active, cannot be Panicked, and it also boosts Def with only a minor draw back of boosting 2 less Res than Even Res Wave on even turns.

3 hours ago, sirmola said:

I have just 5 stared my anna, and was trying to figure out a good build for her. Note that I am currently massivaly short of devine dew. I also have 5* copies of nephnee, hinoka, soliel, bride lyn and tiltyu' and 3 or 4* copies of most 4* avalible units.  Note that I have a +spd maribell i really like, and i was thinking of giving her atk/spd+2 (I use her more than I expect to use anna she is currently running spd +3 in that slot). who shoulld i fodder nephnee on and what anna build should i build?

It depends on what you need Anna to do. If you just need her for scoring she can go with something like this:

Nóatún
Rally Def/Res (or any dual Rally Specials)
Aether - Growing Wind (or any area Specials)
Distant Counter - Brazen Atk/Def
Renewal - Poison Strike
Drive Spd - Drive Res

If you need her to be functional, it depends on what combat role you want her to play. The following skills are the bare minimum she should have, although you may want to swap some stuff out if you want her to specialize.

Nóatún
Reposition - Swap
Moonbow - Luna - Iceberg
Fury
Desperation - Quick Riposte

As for Maribelle, with the release of Atk/Spd Push and Atk/Spd Bond, I would personally wait a little longer and inherit that instead of Atk/Spd 2, but if you are in hurry to get something for Maribelle, Atk/Spd 2 is fine.

Edited by XRay

12 minutes ago, Chelone said:

is 3.671 enough to stay in T20? Its close but I feel its not enough...

Likely not, the mark will likely be around an even 3700. See this post to see what score has been required for the last few weeks.

Edited by Humanoid

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Berkut is actually a fairly decent mixed tank with his weapon since he dumped Spd so absurdly hard. Only downside is it costs a Hector.

Yes, he's not a bad unit, just not particularly great. It's probably a more efficient use of skill inheritance to raise Camus' resistance than to give Berkut distance counter (although Camus won't be able to get nearly as much resistance as Berkut).

9 hours ago, XRay said:

In my opinion, Maltet is superior since it got Quick Riposte built in. Wary Fighter-Quick Riposte on top of his Maltet essentially gives him a Breaker against every enemy. 11 more Res is nice, but being able to run a B slot other than Vengeful Fighter and Quick Riposte is much better for performance. I also would swap out Even Res Wave since it is unreliable; Ward Armor is so much better since it is always active, cannot be Panicked, and it also boosts Def with only a minor draw back of boosting 2 less Res than Even Res Wave on even turns.

Oh, Maltet is definitely better, just was considering Berkut's lance as an option if there are a lot of magic users. With his special distance counter his defense would be 44 and his resistance would be 43 without a ward or the even wave skill. The distant defense seal could be added also.

[edit]

Those numbers are based off of +2 merges.

Edited by Tree

13 minutes ago, Tree said:

Yes, he's not a bad unit, just not particularly great. It's probably a more efficient use of skill inheritance to raise Camus' resistance than to give Berkut distance counter (although Camus won't be able to get nearly as much resistance as Berkut).

Oh, Maltet is definitely better, just was considering Berkut's lance as an option if there are a lot of magic users. With his special distance counter his defense would be 44 and his resistance would be 43 without a ward or the even wave skill. The distant defense seal could be added also.

[edit]

Those numbers are based off of +2 merges.

With an omni Breaker build, having more Res does not matter as much since enemy mages cannot double, unless it is Reinhardt or a mage that specializes in killing things in one shot.

Edited by XRay

39 minutes ago, XRay said:

With an omni Breaker build, having more Res does not matter as much since enemy mages cannot double, unless it is Reinhardt or a mage that specializes in killing things in one shot.

That works with one magic user, but I was thinking about situations with multiple enemy magic users. The separate hits from each one would cause a similar effect to getting doubled. The rest of my melee armor units have very poor resistance, so he would have to deal with most magic threats.