"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, TheSilentChloey said:

It wasn't a case of sending them all home, it was a case of not summoning because saving orbs for a certain series of banners and not getting any blade tomes in general because I'm always getting atrocious summons who are not good fodder of late.  The last time I got a blame tome was...I can't even remember and I think I inherited it to an infantry mage for memory or some other skills at that time.

I see. That is tough too.

Hm... The only other option for building units I can think of is to use Grails for skill fodder, but I personally value Grails far more for merges than skill fodder, so that may or may not be a route you want to take.

I think Summer Returns Laegjarn and A Sketchy Summer Takumi would be your best bet for nukes, and Azura: Vallite Songstress and Ylissean Travellers Olivia for Dancers/Singers.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@daisy jane The various Arena modes already give about 13000-14000, quests and events will generally bring you to 20k.

For example a typical week for me might consist of:

AB score 950+: 3000 feathers (5500 if it's feather week)
AB quest: 400 feathers

AA rank 5000-10000: 3000 feathers
AA quest: 400 feathers

Arena T20: 3000 feathers
Arena chain bonus: 3000 feathers
Arena defense: 900 feathers

That's 13700. Add 700 if you do the daily quest for 100 feathers a pop. That's a baseline of 14400 feathers a week. That's ignoring the 15 daily home screen feathers. 😉

Modes such as VG, TT, GC, etc - whichever one is running on a given week, easily make up the shortfall. A bad VG for example where you get 10000th every round and overall is still 8300 feathers, most of us would do better than that, especially the mercs. TT top 10k gives 17000. A bad GC where your team does badly every round is still about 3x4000 feathers for 12k total. Forging Bonds is 16400. Rokkr Sieges are lower but still ~6000ish for doing top 20 each round. Hall of Forms and Lost Lore are negligible though.

Edited by Humanoid

44 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

@daisy jane The various Arena modes already give about 13000-14000, quests and events will generally bring you to 20k.

For example a typical week for me might consist of:

AB score 950+: 3000 feathers (5500 if it's feather week)
AB quest: 400 feathers

AA rank 5000-10000: 3000 feathers
AA quest: 400 feathers

Arena T20: 3000 feathers
Arena chain bonus: 3000 feathers
Arena defense: 900 feathers

That's 13700. Add 700 if you do the daily quest for 100 feathers a pop. That's a baseline of 14400 feathers a week. That's ignoring the 15 daily home screen feathers. 😉

Modes such as VG, TT, GC, etc - whichever one is running on a given week, easily make up the shortfall. A bad VG for example where you get 10000th every round and overall is still 8300 feathers, most of us would do better than that, especially the mercs. TT top 10k gives 17000. A bad GC where your team does badly every round is still about 3x4000 feathers for 12k total. Forging Bonds is 16400. Rokkr Sieges are lower but still ~6000ish for doing top 20 each round. Hall of Forms and Lost Lore are negligible though.

oohoo thanks 
yah. I don't get defense wins all the time (I haven't in a month) so that's a loss of the 900 feathers. and I don't always score top 10K in AA, and i bounce from arena tiers so maybe not 20K but i do get a chunk. that's kinda spiffy. so for me per se i get about 20K every 2.5ish weeks. hmm.  

I never send books home (even though i threaten my raigh books all the time). i'm not that dire for feathers. but sometimes i do get that (Ii'll never use him what's the point. i wanna build X NOOWWW). 

20 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

No blade tome fodder.  I have NOTHING.  Which is what I have been trying to say.

Not even a 3-star Nino? You can use Gronnblade without the plus while you wait for resources.

40 minutes ago, Rinco said:

Sending units for feathers is wrong for almost all of the units. 
Feathers are pretty easy to get. Even more wrong if you send units before getting them to 6k HM, then you are losing feathers.

i usually keep the neutral copy of units i'm never gonna use  and their best IV. 
everything else i book.  depending on the unit (RAIGH). i could see why some people would send him home but i think almost every one has something that leads to a 4tier skill now so it helps with SI-ness. 

45 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i usually keep the neutral copy of units i'm never gonna use  and their best IV. 
everything else i book.  depending on the unit (RAIGH). i could see why some people would send him home but i think almost every one has something that leads to a 4tier skill now so it helps with SI-ness. 

Also, sending home gives too few feathers to really matter at the end of the day. 

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

did you send all your 3-4* units home for feathers?!

She said she was saving Orbs, so did not have much access to fodder as she was not summoning. It is pretty reasonable as a free player or tiny minnow since your Orbs are just as valuable as Grails, so you feel like you want to hold onto them forever until something you want comes up.

41 minutes ago, Swordsman said:

what's the optimal armored dragon team ? 

I personally prefer Swap on armor units, but Reposition also works for DW!Y!Tiki and ones with Armor March buffs.

I prefer timing your Specials to trigger during every round of Enemy Phase combat, so I advise against running Aether unless they can trigger it.

For A slots, they should all be Distant Counter unless they have it on their Weapon. If they have it on their Weapon, then they should run Breaths, Stances, or Defs. Breaths gives faster cool down charging, Stances reduces enemy cool down charging, and Defs (we only have Distant Def for now) shuts down buffs. Svalinn Shield is also a good option if you need something cheap in the mean time. Idunn needs Distant Counter, and you can probably just put Svalinn Shield on DW!Y!Tiki until you decide which other A slot you want on her.

For B slot, you ideally want them all to be able to double during their intended phases of combat. So, Enemy Phase units should double on Enemy Phase and dual phase ones should double on both phases (e.g.: via double Fighter skills such as The Land's Bounty Myrrh with Bold Fighter on her Weapon and Vengeful Fighter on B slot, or via high Spd like Darkness Within Y!Tiki). Since Legendary Dragon Y!Tiki is pretty fast, I prefer Special Fighter on her and also switch out her A slot to Distant Def, but you can also keep it as is.

You also want one or two copies of Armor March and one or two copies of Ward Armor (Ward Dragon also works as a more expensive option) to fill out any C slots. Since all of then got good C slots already, I would just run Armor March on Nagi to replace her Valor.

For Sacred Seals, I would run Quick Riposte on Nagi; any skill that boosts Def, Res, or Def/Res on Idunn; Darting Stance on LD!Y!Tiki if she is running her base kit, or any skill that boosts Atk/Spd if she is running Distant Def/Special Fighter; and also anything that boosts Atk/Spd for DW!Y!Tiki.

13 hours ago, Swordsman said:

what's the optimal armored dragon team ?

For general use, I'd go with Halloween Myrrh, Legendary Tiki, Winter Fae or Nagi, and Marathon Runner Tiki.

Idunn is generally superior to Myrrh for Arena modes due to her weapon being effective against armors, but Myrrh's ability to get a guaranteed follow-up on both phases is more useful for general gameplay.

Nagi and Fae are comparable to each other when optimized. Nagi has an advantage against colorless enemies, but can't stack quite as much raw bulk as Fae unless you give up all of the perks from her weapon to run Lightning Breath.

Tiki is better than Duma most of the time, but Duma punches harder. If you need something bulkier than Tiki, then you can sub her out for Caineghis, who is basically a dragon without the weakness to dragon-effective weapons.

13 hours ago, Swordsman said:

I do have nagi, idunn, legendary tiki and fallen tiki.  how should i set them up ?

For general use or Arena (not Aether Raids):

Nagi:

Ethereal Breath
Reposition / Swap
Iceberg / Sol / Aether
Distant Counter
Special Fighter 3 / Vengeful Fighter 3 / Bold Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / Ward Armor
[Sacred Seal]

Idunn:

Demonic Breath
Reposition / Swap
Aether / [whatever charges on time]
Distant Counter
Vengeful Fighter 3 / Bold Fighter 3 / Special Fighter 3
Armor March 3 / Ward Armor
[Sacred Seal]

Legendary Tiki:

Divine Mist
Reposition / Swap
Svalinn Shield / Fortress Def/Res 3 / Steady Breath / Warding Breath / Fierce Breath / Distant Def 4 / Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Death Blow 4 / Swift Sparrow 3 / etc.
Bold Fighter 3 / Vengeful Fighter 3 / Special Fighter 3
With Everyone! / Ward Armor
[Sacred Seal]

Marathon Runner Tiki:

Razing Breath
Reposition / Swap
Svalinn Shield / Fortress Def/Res 3 / Steady Breath / Warding Breath / Fierce Breath / Distant Def 4 / Atk/Spd Solo 3 / Death Blow 4 / Swift Sparrow 3 / etc.
Bold Fighter 3 / Vengeful Fighter 3 / Special Fighter 3
Solitary Dream / Ward Armor
[Sacred Seal]

If you run Armor March, then both Tikis should run their unique Passive C skill and all four of then should run Reposition. If you run Ward Armor, then all 4 of them should run Ward Armor and Swap.

I like Aether as a general use Special because it provides better sustain when you aren't running any healing. However, it does lack in damage output because it usually can't activate every round of combat, which can be troublesome against high-Res units that force you to target their Res. If you're running into these units, you can switch out Aether for something that charges faster.

Both Tikis have pretty open options for their A slots. Pick something that synergizes with their B skill and Sacred Seal.

Sacred Seals on all of them are also pretty open. Special Fighter + Quick Riposte and Bold Fighter + Quick Riposte are fairly standard options that someone on the team should probably be running. Other than that, there are Bond skills, Stance skills, and Close/Distant Def for enemy-phase units. If you're running Bold Fighter on someone without Quick Riposte, you can consider running the Sturdy Blow seal on them if you aren't going to worry about their enemy phase. Armors have lots of options.

Just pulled a spare legendary Alm and am very curious on a certain interaction with the null followup skill he has.

Does anyone know how it reacts with brave Ike's refine, which gives all enemies a guaranteed followup while giving him a stupid amount of damage reduction. Does it remove the downside from the refine? Or does the refine cancel the skill out entirely?

4 minutes ago, Faellin said:

Just pulled a spare legendary Alm and am very curious on a certain interaction with the null followup skill he has.

Does anyone know how it reacts with brave Ike's refine, which gives all enemies a guaranteed followup while giving him a stupid amount of damage reduction. Does it remove the downside from the refine? Or does the refine cancel the skill out entirely?

Brave Ike's refine doesn't actually guarantee a follow up for the enemy. It's kind of confusing, but what it basically does is give the foe the desperation effect. So null follow up doesn't affect it, because it's a speed based follow up, not a guaranteed follow up.

Hardy Bearing is the skill that can work against the refine, by allowing B!Ike to get his attack in first, thus preventing him from reducing the foe's follow up attack by 80%

12 hours ago, Faellin said:

The only skills that actually give a follow-up to a unit that wouldn't get one normally from a Spd check specifically say "guaranteed follow-up" and not just "follow-up". Urvan doesn't do this.

If there were a hypothetical weapon that had the effect of giving the opponent a follow-up, an opponent with Null Follow-Up would not cancel out that effect. Null Follow-Up only cancels effects that prevent the user from making a follow-up and effects that grant the opponent a follow-up. It doesn't not cancel effects that grant the user a follow-up or prevent the opponent from making a follow-up.

44 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

who would be the very best for flier guidance? 
I was thinking maybe BraveCamilla but i'm not sure. 

I lean towards any flying nukes, so flying Dancers/Singers can reach the nukes easier.

3 hours ago, daisy jane said:

who would be the very best for flier guidance? 
I was thinking maybe BraveCamilla but i'm not sure. 

Honestly, I'd say no one since Goad Fliers (or Hone/Ward Fliers for Litrblade teams) is just a better skill for the slot.

So I got today a free Laegjarn that is +Atk -Def and I don't know how to build her. Her weapon is so situational that it becomes useless as being dependent on the enemy is pretty bad my opinion, but I want to use her as she is my only melee flier and that is the only thing my Flier team lacks. The rest are Naga, Brave Micaiah, and Brave Camila. Any help with her?

4 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

So I got today a free Laegjarn that is +Atk -Def and I don't know how to build her. Her weapon is so situational that it becomes useless as being dependent on the enemy is pretty bad my opinion, but I want to use her as she is my only melee flier and that is the only thing my Flier team lacks. The rest are Naga, Brave Micaiah, and Brave Camila. Any help with her?

Build a Caeda instead 😉
Okay kidding. 

give her a refined slaying edge. If you want her a bit more bulky/able to do some mix dueling, you could refine for def, or refine for more atk, and OHKO people that way). 

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I lean towards any flying nukes, so flying Dancers/Singers can reach the nukes easier.

i suppose i'll figure something out. 
at least 6000 feathers worth of time anyway.

Edited by daisy jane

55 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Her Weapon works in both nuke and tank builds. With how her Weapon works, if you just think of it as Dull All, then it is pretty powerful. A standard Player Phase build works just fine on her. For Enemy Phase, you can go Distant Counter to handle ranged enemies or run a Stance skill to shut down Specials.

Player Phase:
Níu
Reposition
Ruptured Sky — Moonbow — Glimmer
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)
Desperation
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk, Spd, or Atk/Spd) — Heavy Blade

Stance:
Níu
Swap — Reposition
Steady Stance — Warding Stance
Quick Riposte
(Any C)
(Any Sacred Seal that boosts stats)

Distant Counter:
Níu
Reposition
Distant Counter
Quick Riposte — Guard (for Supertanks, Quick Riposte is less necessary due to huge amounts of buffs)
Pulse Smoke — Atk Smoke
Iote's Shield