"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 minute ago, twistedxgrace said:

If you win and play in the arena more than seven times in a row, does it add to your score?

Nope. You get seven chances to up your score, and after that, it resets.  The game will take your highest score, and use that for rankings.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, twistedxgrace said:

If you win and play in the arena more than seven times in a row, does it add to your score?

It counts the highest score of your seven wins streak. If you get more points on your next streak, that will be your high score.

EDIT: goddamnit @eclipse, how are you so fast?

Edited by Vaximillian

9 hours ago, Chelone said:

@Birdy Thanks! I'll probably try to get him to 5* sooner or later then! Noticed my Lilina has amazing atk and spd at 5* too haha. thanks again for helping helping me figure it out!

Anyway, one more question, will the new banners  REPLACE the current one? and will my 5* percentage reset?

You're very welcome! :) For your other question, check my answer below.

8 hours ago, YueLiang said:

I'm expecting yes the new banners will replace the current ones and no your 5* percentage will not reset.

Most likely it will be another 3% focus and 3% non-focus pull. If you don't get a 5* after 5 summons, your rate for geting a 5% goes up by 0.25% each. That upped chance is however limited to the summoning group (Legendary Heroes / Deep Devotion) you're pulling from. So the upped chance for a 5% will get reset back to 3% focus and 3% non-focus when the banners switch.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

All modifiers to WTA appear to be multiplied. Fractions get truncated (or floored) indeed.

Selena's damage to Michalis here is floor(floor(27 × 1,2) × 1,15) − 34 = floor(32 × 1,15) − 34 = 36 − 34 = 2.
Michalis' damage to Selena here is floor(floor(44 × 0,8) × 0,85) − 28 = floor(35 × 0,85) − 28 = 29 − 28 = 1.

And yes, Triangle Adept's (as well as Ruby / Emerald / Sapphire weapons') effect is mutual.

That's weird, I don't have the same calculations, and both seem to work. Usually, when a game states +20%, it doesn't mean *1.2, but +(initial value *0.2), so the multipliers don't stack on themselves. On our little example, I found:

Selena's damage to Michalis is

floor(27 + (27*0.2) + (27*0.15)) - 34) 

= floor( 27 *(1+0.2+0.15) - 34))     // factorized 

= floor (27*1.35) - 34 

= 36 - 34 = 2 which is correct.

Michalis' damage to Selena is ceiling((44-(44*0.8)-(44*0.65)) - 28 = ceiling(44*0.65) - 28 = ceiling(28.6) - 28 = 29 - 28 = 1 which is correct too.

We'd need a "limit case" to be sure.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why ceiling instead of floor for Michalis' counter damage? It doesn't make sense to use different rounding methods for those.

That's what I thought too, but ceiling seems to be applied instead of floor when the multiplier is below 1, basically with weapon triangle disadvantage.

I'll try to find an example.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Most likely it will be another 3% focus and 3% non-focus pull. If you don't get a 5* after 5 summons, your rate for geting a 5% goes up by 0.25% each. That upped chance is however limited to the summoning group (Legendary Heroes / Deep Devotion) you're pulling from. So the upped chance for a 5% will get reset back to 3% focus and 3% non-focus when the banners switch.

I had no idea that the pity timer for getting 5* heroes was separate for each summoning group. o_O

5 minutes ago, Brand_Of_The_Exalt said:

That's what I thought too, but ceiling seems to be applied instead of floor when the multiplier is below 1, basically with weapon triangle disadvantage.

Floor worked with multiplying the modifiers though.

3 minutes ago, YueLiang said:

I had no idea that the pity timer for getting 5* heroes was separate for each summoning group. o_O

It is! You can check it by clicking the 'details' part of the summoning groups, it gets updated after every non-5* pull =).

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Floor worked with multiplying the modifiers though.

Mine worked too. But if we remove them of the calculations, it's indeed ceiling:

IMG_0366.thumb.PNG.0fbf1b9701b42e06db08a6a820056177.PNGIMG_0369.thumb.PNG.96323733305436834b3cf25644655b35.PNGIMG_0370.thumb.PNG.b79a141bcecfd80140348e999b8ea2d3.PNG

Beruka's damage is ceiling(29 x 0.8) - 11 = ceiling(23,2) - 11 = 24-11= 13. Anyway, that won't make a big difference because of the small values we have, so it might add a difference of +1/-1.

I finally got enough badges and feathers to make a 5-star unit. Now I was wondering if Corrin F is a good choice? Is she better as Nowi on 5 stars? My best blue units are lv 40 Odin and lv 30 Abel. I use lv 40s Ryoma/Lyn/Hawkeye/Odin right now. Obv wanna replace Odin 1st =).

I was also wondering if it's possible that Corrin F will drop at 5 stars in the next batch of heroes? Or is this really unlikely?

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Goddamnit, it's all so weird. So it's floor when WTA and ceiling when WTD?

Yes, this is it.

Spoiler

Damage = [Atk x EFF] x Weapon ADV/DA - (Def or Res)

Weapon ADV = 1.2 (1.4 with Triangle Adept)

Weapon DA = 0.8 (0.6 with Triangle Adept)

EFF (Armorslayer, Heavy Spear etc) = 1.5

Each multiplication rounded down except DA gets rounded up.

For Healers damage is halved.

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

Weapon ADV = 1.2 (1.4 with Triangle Adept)

Weapon DA = 0.8 (0.6 with Triangle Adept)

Are those two certain? I can definitely put together some more test numbers (Selena's my go-to to handle things with Axes), but my observation is that Triangle Adept seems to be multiplicative, not additive.

Interesting on the ceiling thing...I would never have guessed.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Are those two certain? I can definitely put together some more test numbers (Selena's my go-to to handle things with Axes), but my observation is that Triangle Adept seems to be multiplicative, not additive.

Interesting on the ceiling thing...I would never have guessed.

I'm not 100% sure, so if you could run some tests, that would be indeed be great =). I wonder if there are any enemies With Ruby/Sapphier/Emerald weapons and Lance/Sword/Axebreaker skills. That would make it 1.6 or ~1.73 multiplicative.

Edited by Birdy

Want to make sure if I get this right.

Does the gacha rate still increases if I don't do a complete session? Let's say that I only do 1 orb summon (not a 5*) and leaves immediately. Will the rate increase or it'll just stay?

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It will only increase after a complete pull. I think the full rules list is at the very bottom of the page you get when you hit the "Details" button on either Focus (the one that lists all the characters).

4 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Want to make sure if I get this right.

Does the gacha rate still increases if I don't do a complete session? Let's say that I only do 1 orb summon (not a 5*) and leaves immediately. Will the rate increase or it'll just stay?

I believe the rate goes up every 5 pulls, if they're done in one session or multiple don't make a difference I think.

I got the e-mail that says that I got the 200 Nintendo Platinum Points for linking account with the Heroes poll but my balance hasn't changed to reflect the fact that I got those 200 Points. What gives and how can this be fixed?

6 hours ago, Birdy said:

You're very welcome! :) For your other question, check my answer below.

I was having decent pulls, but a friend of mine has had REALLY bad luck. He's up to 4.5% without ever seeing a 5*. Now that the banners will reset soon, that extra chance will be "wasted" unless he actually buys orbs. We're both halfway through lunatic so there might be 1 more chance.

Not really sure if this is the correct topic for this question, but I'd figure I'd ask here anyway.

Whenever I'm playing the game, it randomly exit me out of the game. It only takes a few minutes for it to start doing it and it seems to happen more frequently the longer it's played. Normally, it's only an inconvenience, but I just lost some arena progress due to it and I want to fix it before it happens again. Granted, I know next to nothing about tablets and smartphones, so the problem might be with the tablet that I use to play it, not too sure.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the right topic or not, but any help will be appreciated.

Do other gachas promote new characters with a free draw? I'm struggling to decide if I should gamble on 3.75% now or wait for the next set with the last of my free orbs.

The 3.75% is on Deep Devotion and I don't have any of the focus heroes on that one.

3 hours ago, MarioKirby said:

Not really sure if this is the correct topic for this question, but I'd figure I'd ask here anyway.

Whenever I'm playing the game, it randomly exit me out of the game. It only takes a few minutes for it to start doing it and it seems to happen more frequently the longer it's played. Normally, it's only an inconvenience, but I just lost some arena progress due to it and I want to fix it before it happens again. Granted, I know next to nothing about tablets and smartphones, so the problem might be with the tablet that I use to play it, not too sure.

Again, I'm not sure if this is the right topic or not, but any help will be appreciated.

Have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?  As strange as this will sound, it's fixed nearly every software issue I've had with my phone.