"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Just to be sure, Goad Skills don't stack with each other, right? As in, if I had 2 units with goad armor the surrounding units would only get one goad boost? I did try to check the wiki before hand but I didn't see any specifics listed on the goad ____ pages or the damage calcs

Spurs/Goads/Wards do stack. It’s Hones/Fortifies that don’t.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

All Goads and Spurs stack. The only limitation is the number of units you can field to stack their effects.

Oh, huh. Thanks, probably need to give another ward armor to my teams then

11 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Can you tell me what Boon/Bane my Raven is?

There's no way to tell for certain until your Raven reaches at least level 38 (or if you have his stats for several levels in a row). I can tell you that he's not +Atk (+Atk Raven has 27 Atk at level 28) and he's not -Res (-Res Raven has 12 Res at level 28), but that's all I can say.

Edited by Ice Dragon

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

The feedback appreciated, regardless. Isn't he also not +Spd? +Spd marks a 38 Spd cap, and he won't make it in 12 levels.

Is he 5*?  4* will have a bit lower caps.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

There's a gold border around Raven's name, so he's 5*.

The difference between a 4 and a 5 is just -2 to all stats.

Actually, it's a increase in growth rate (edit: and base stats)---you can occasionally get +3 from a 4-5* increase. =Hana, for example, gets 3 res going from 4* to 5*.

Edit: Looking at the pattern, it seems to be that, if you would get +4 in a stat from a change in IV (negative to neutral, or neutral to positive), you would get 3 in that stat assuming you're on the 'low' side of the increase. That is, you would get +3 from rarity up if your IV is negative when it's a boost of 4 stats from negative to neutral, or else you would get +3 from rarity up if your IV is neutral when it's a boost of 4 stats from neutral to positive.

This is more a quirk of the growth rate pattern than something actually intended, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

So, I tried to get my friend to try FE Heroes. I got her to set up BigNox so that way she can be able to play on her PC (since her phone sucks). We followed most of that was said here:

So that she doesn't get the Error Code 803-3001. She drew 2 5* units. I suggested her to link her NNID to this account. And then this happens:

http://prntscr.com/fo4mb3

She can't link her NNID account because the browser keeps crashing. We even tried another browser. The result was the same. Is it because we're blocking Google SafetyNet? And even so, isn't FakeGApps supposed to cover this part?

I'm hoping to get an answer so that she can save her units in the very case she might get an 803-3001 error that might sneak itself through. And that she can at least transfer her data over when she gets a compatible phone.

Edited by Falaflame

Just now, Falaflame said:

So, I tried to get my friend to try FE Heroes. I got her to set up BigNox so that way she can be able to play on her PC (since her phone sucks). We followed most of that was said here:
So that she doesn't get the Error Code 803-3001. She drew 2 5* units. I suggested her to link her NNID to this account. And then this happens:

http://prntscr.com/fo4mb3

She can't link her NNID account because the browser keeps crashing. We even tried another browser. The result was the same. Is it because we're blocking Google SafetyNet? And even so, isn't FakeGApps supposed to cover this part?

I'm hoping to get an answer so that she can save her units in the very case she might get an 803-3001 error that might sneak itself through.

I linked my accounts fine on Nox after blocking safetynet.

Also: I wouldn't worry too much of a 803 erasing her units, once you get it set-up so you can link accounts, it's mostly a matter of a bit of patience to get a good start like a 2x 5* pull. (I have a sub account with 4 Hectors, just to give an idea of how much good 'luck' you can get via rerolling.)

What browser are you using, and can you use it when it's not opened by Heroes?

We tried the default browser, and then we tried Google Chrome. Neither worked. And while she could reroll again, i'd rather not sit her through the rerolling process again. She's kind of new and isn't as patient as I am when it comes to rerolling. And besides, having the option to transfer the data over to a compatible phone is generally preferred anyway.

The problem is getting to the part to link accounts. The browser crashed before she even can go through with linking the account.

1 minute ago, Falaflame said:

We tried the default browser, and then we tried Google Chrome. Neither worked. And while she could reroll again, i'd rather not sit her through the rerolling process again. She's kind of new and isn't as patient as I am when it comes to rerolling. And besides, having the option to transfer the data over to a compatible phone is generally preferred anyway.

The problem is getting to the part to link accounts. The browser crashed before she even can go through with linking the account.

Then, as I've already asked, can you open the browser when it's not Fire Emblem Heroes opening it?

I have one question!

How do you pronounce Raigh? 

Is it "Rafe" because the "gh" is subbed as an "f" like tough?

Or is it "Rye" because the "ai" is pronounced "I" or "Aye" and the "gh" means nothing?

25 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Actually, it's an increase in growth rate

That's a more technical way of putting it, but +2 from rarity up and +3 from Boon / Bane is far more common than +3 and +-4, respectively, because of rounding error.

EDIT: @Arcanite I say "Raigh" like "Ray"

Edited by MrSmokestack

Could someone explain exactly how hero's works and what it is? All I know is that you summon past fire emblem characters to fight with. It would be nice to be able to understand a bit of all the hero's talk I see here.

6 minutes ago, Falaflame said:

It works fine when opened, but when she types something, it crashes.

Even when it's not FEH opening it? In that case, you should probably test starting a 'un-modded' Nox session. Use the multi-player to create a new emulator based on 'Raw,' and test if the browser works there. (If it works, I recommend just doing a link to a completely new account via that new emulator session as a 'back-up,' downloading FEH fresh, and just forcing your way through the 803 for now---relatively easy since, with nox, you can access the file where Heroes keeps the account information to brute-force through it without having to redownload everything, like you how reroll, and work on trouble-shooting this particular emulator session afterwards..)

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I have one question!

How do you pronounce Raigh? 

Is it "Rafe" because the "gh" is subbed as an "f" like tough?

Or is it "Rye" because the "ai" is pronounced "I" or "Aye" and the "gh" means nothing?

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's a more technical way of putting it, but +2 from rarity up and +3 from Boon / Bane is far more common than +3 and +-4, respectively, because of rounding error.

EDIT: @Arcanite I say "Raigh" like "Ray"

Raigh is pronounced Rae, like my name.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

or "Aye" and the "gh" means nothing

Probably this. There was a theory that Nino’s sons share first syllables with Raven and Lucius respectively, but Lugh as localised is very definitely a mythological reference.

We need a voiceover of somebody saying his name. Nowi says Alfonse’s and Sharena’s, Maria says Minerva’s and Michalis’, Michalis says his own, Camilla says Selena’s and Beruka’s, Xander says Peri’s and Laslow’s, Frederick says Chrom’s, and I can’t recall anybody else.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Even when it's not FEH opening it? In that case, you should probably test starting a 'un-modded' Nox session. Use the multi-player to create a new emulator based on 'Raw,' and test if the browser works there. (If it works, I recommend just doing a link to a completely new account via that new emulator session as a 'back-up,' downloading FEH fresh, and just forcing your way through the 803 for now, and work on trouble-shooting this particular emulator session afterwards..)

We'll give it a try next time she gets on. I'll get back to you on this by then.  o:

Just now, Falaflame said:

We'll give it a try next time she gets on. I'll get back to you on this by then.  o:

Derp. Troubleshooting, at least, my own completely unprofessional way, is just trying things to see: What works, what doesn't, what combination of what works will let me bypass what doesn't.

Mostly a matter of patience and realizing things might not work in the end, so not worrying too much about it. Also, you can always try getting Nox to work on your own computer, and just rerolling an account for her so she can jump in and start playing once she gets the browser issue sorted out.

5 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Could someone explain exactly how hero's works and what it is? All I know is that you summon past fire emblem characters to fight with. It would be nice to be able to understand a bit of all the hero's talk I see here.

OMG YOU'RE FINALLY HERE

HEROES IS A GACHA GAME IN WHICH YOU SUMMON ALLIES WITH ORBS THAT YOU OBTAIN WITH MONEY, OR JUST THROUGH THE FREE ONES THEY GIVE AWAY

EVERY UNIT HAS THEIR OWN STAT SPREAD, AND BASED UPON THAT ONE CAN DETERMINE HOW USEFUL THEY ARE WITH A STANDARD SET OF SORTS

SOME UNITS HAVE CHARACTER SPECIFIC WEAPONS AND SUPERIOR STAT SPREADS THAT MAKE THEM BETTER OR PREFERED TO OTHERS!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

OMG YOU'RE FINALLY HERE

HEROES IS A GACHA GAME IN WHICH YOU SUMMON ALLIES WITH ORBS THAT YOU OBTAIN WITH MONEY, OR JUST THROUGH THE FREE ONES THEY GIVE AWAY

EVERY UNIT HAS THEIR OWN STAT SPREAD, AND BASED UPON THAT ONE CAN DETERMINE HOW USEFUL THEY ARE WITH A STANDARD SET OF SORTS

SOME UNITS HAVE CHARACTER SPECIFIC WEAPONS AND SUPERIOR STAT SPREADS THAT MAKE THEM BETTER OR PREFERED TO OTHERS!

Please, all you needed to say was that FEH is a fire emblem game where armors have half the move of regular units, and cavalry have 150% of the move of regular units. Edit: And fliers just have the move of regular units, and no terrain penalty.

Edited by DehNutCase