"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I want to promote a Cecilia to 5* but I'm not sure what nature is best. I'm going to start with TA Raven but I might consider Gronblade in the future. These are my options:

+Atk, -HP

+Atk, -Res

+Spd, -Def

+Spd, -Res

+Res, -Def

Thoughts?

For Gronnraven, her ideal is nature is [+Atk, -Res]. For Gronnblade, it is [+Spd, -Res].

Cecilia +Atk -Res
Gronnraven, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [No Reds] 50:16:50

Switch out Triangle Adept for Fury if you see a lot of Cancel Affinity.

Cecilia +Spd -Res
Gronnblade, Moonbow
Life and Death, Axebreaker
Hone Cavalry
Player Phase 141:8:19

Switch out Life and Death for Fury if you want it to be cheaper. I would also switch out Axebreaker for Desperation, but Axebreaker gives one more kill, so I listed that as it is technically the one that gives her the most kills.

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Just asking for a second opinion- which Eirika should I use (and maybe eventually promote)?

A +HP/-Atk one or a +Def/-Res one?

It depends on how you use her. If you are using her primarily only as a support unit, similar to healers, you might want to run the -Atk natures for increased survival on Enemy Phase. If you plan to use her more offensively as well, then you should not use a -Atk nature, so your [+Def, -Res] is reasonable.

Edited by XRay

Brave Ike distant counter?

I have a second hector been saving since the first Hero fest. I wanted to save the DC for some one with more speed and res... But you need 5+ rein counters for arena assault.

I have 4 Brave ikes, notables +atk -Hp and +spd -atk
Is steady breath worth inheriting, seems killer on my Red ike but Fury is just soo good too hmm.

Right now considering +atk B ike w DC and bonfire...

I don't like DC on Brave Ike. You kinda waste Urva's effect if Ike is countering between enemy hits and then he takes a lot of damage (which could probably mean death for him, since he has low Res) from the second hit.

Of course against slow enemies that's not a big deal, but average speed in Arena teams is quite high.

That said, I rather have Ike tank the ranged hits with Urvan active and killing the enemy on player phase with Aether up and enemy with his Def Threatened.

Ok thanks Rinca yea i was debating that point, guess his stock kit is all pretty good too!  I have a ton of SP can use in the merges so don't want to waste it.  I do find its much better to kill the baited unit on the same tun then have to move closer to other enemies on the next and die to those any how.  Any other Skills he should have?  I want maybe panic ploy but kinda sad w the -hp,  Also QR or even brash assault seem good.

Edited by Chromatone

7 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Since the datamine of 1.7 didn't doscover any new characters does that mean we can be 100% sure that no new characters will be featured in any banner this month?

7 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Since the datamine of 1.7 didn't doscover any new characters does that mean we can be sure that no new characters will be featured in any banner this month?

They can still add them later.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:34 PM, XRay said:

Mine is -HP and I think it is +Atk. I am trying to pull a [+Atk, -Res] but I have not got one yet, so I am using the -HP for now.

35 Speed is the bare minimum in my opinion. 35 Speed includes skills and buffs, so the unit itself can be a little slower if you buff it well with Hones and Spurs. And the more merged units you use and face, the higher the Speed minimum should be. If you consistently see +5 merged units, I would boost the Speed minimum to 37. If you see +10, then the minimum should be 39.

I think I'll try to aim for a Speed+/Res- one since I don't have Hone Fliers yet so I'm not going to depend on it for now.

Is there like a speed threshold in which going further doesn't much a difference for fighting mostly unmerged enemies or will having more speed always be relevant?

About the new support system, anyone know if you have to manually increase the support rank or does it increase automatically? Did anyone happen to record how many enemies a unit needs to defeat in order to increase support rank?   

Edited by tobuShogi

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I want my Mini Tempest team to be Lilina, Hector, Florina and Brave Lyn. However, no one but Lilina herself has buffs for Lilina's -blade tome- but I do have Hone Attack fodder. Who should receive it?

I'd go with Hector.  Florina's Breath of Life is helpful if you don't have a healer, and Lyn will most likely be across the map.

Exactly what skills does Hardy Bearing disable? Does it only disable skills that changes your Atk fully, or does it work anything that changes your Atk whenever? And if so why are people running it on their Bridal Cordelia's with DB3 .-.?

6 minutes ago, Logos said:

Exactly what skills does Hardy Bearing disable? Does it only disable skills that changes your Atk fully, or does it work anything that changes your Atk whenever? And if so why are people running it on their Bridal Cordelia's with DB3 .-.?

Neither; Hardy Bearing disables skills that alter the order of attacks, i.e. Vantage (which changes the order to allow the defender to attack first at certain HP thresholds) and Desperation (which changes the order to allow the attacker to strike twice in a row if they double at certain HP thresholds). It has nothing to do with Atk-altering passives.

Edited by LordFrigid

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Neither; Hardy Bearing disables skills that alter the order of attacks, i.e. Vantage (which changes the order to allow the defender to attack first at certain HP thresholds) and Desperation (which changes the order to allow the attacker to strike twice in a row if they double at certain HP thresholds). It has nothing to do with Atk-altering passives.

Ah well that explains it. I thought it would be a bit more powerful than that for a TT SS, but oh well.

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I think I'll try to aim for a Speed+/Res- one since I don't have Hone Fliers yet so I'm not going to depend on it for now.

Is there like a speed threshold in which going further doesn't much a difference for fighting mostly unmerged enemies or will having more speed always be relevant?

About the new support system, anyone know if you have to manually increase the support rank or does it increase automatically? Did anyone happen to record how many enemies a unit needs to defeat in order to increase support rank?   

I would say 39 or 40 Speed is about the most you will need for unmerged matchups. Units on Enemy Phase who have around 39 Speed or above utilize Life and Death themselves, so while you might not be able to double or quadruple attack them, they have pitiful Defense and Resistance so they are very likely to die in one hit with Blade tomes or a single round with Brave weapons. For merged +10 match ups, 44 or 45 Speed is around the point where having more Speed matters less.

10 hours ago, Chromatone said:

Brave Ike distant counter?

I have a second hector been saving since the first Hero fest. I wanted to save the DC for some one with more speed and res... But you need 5+ rein counters for arena assault.

I have 4 Brave ikes, notables +atk -Hp and +spd -atk
Is steady breath worth inheriting, seems killer on my Red ike but Fury is just soo good too hmm.

Right now considering +atk B ike w DC and bonfire...

9 hours ago, Rinco said:

I don't like DC on Brave Ike. You kinda waste Urva's effect if Ike is countering between enemy hits and then he takes a lot of damage (which could probably mean death for him, since he has low Res) from the second hit.

Of course against slow enemies that's not a big deal, but average speed in Arena teams is quite high.

That said, I rather have Ike tank the ranged hits with Urvan active and killing the enemy on player phase with Aether up and enemy with his Def Threatened.

9 hours ago, Chromatone said:

Ok thanks Rinca yea i was debating that point, guess his stock kit is all pretty good too!  I have a ton of SP can use in the merges so don't want to waste it.  I do find its much better to kill the baited unit on the same tun then have to move closer to other enemies on the next and die to those any how.  Any other Skills he should have?  I want maybe panic ploy but kinda sad w the -hp,  Also QR or even brash assault seem good.

I would go with Distant Counter. Urvan is not going to save Ike from Blade tomes, so he might as well use Distant Counter to kill archers and non Blade mages. Ike is going to die from any Gronnblade infantry mages with a basic Eirika buff. Fully buffed Blárblade infantry mages will still kill Ike.

BH!Ike +Atk -HP
Urvan, Bonfire
Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase [Steady Breath] 76:12:80
Enemy Phase [Distant Counter] 122:19:27

Getting 7 more deaths is worth getting 46 more kills in my opinion.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I want my Mini Tempest team to be Lilina, Hector, Florina and Brave Lyn. However, no one but Lilina herself has buffs for Lilina's -blade tome- but I do have Hone Attack fodder. Who should receive it?

I would give it to Florina since she seems to be the weakest member in the group. Everyone else can use Hone Attack far better than her.

35 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would go with Distant Counter. Urvan is not going to save Ike from Blade tomes.

Yes it is. You need around 60 unbuffed attack as a blue infantry mage to kill unbuffed Ike (and this, assuming 4/4/4/4 buffs). Greens need at least Hone Atk or 2 buffs. Reds can barely manage if they're running some silly L&D stuff, but eh, can't have everything.

-blade does jack shit when the most dangerous users get Beorc Blessing'd.

To ORKO Ike with a tome you need Hp * .84 + Res in Atk. That's a lot of fucking attack even for -blade users, especially considering horses get their crap neutered.

(And it's not like you can give Ike buffs yourself to counter-act -blade shit.)

Edited by DehNutCase

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yes it is. You need around 60 unbuffed attack as a blue infantry mage to kill unbuffed Ike (and this, assuming 4/4/4/4 buffs). Greens need at least Hone Atk or 2 buffs. Reds can barely manage if they're running some silly L&D stuff, but eh, can't have everything.

-blade does jack shit when the most dangerous users get Beorc Blessing'd.

To ORKO Ike with a tome you need Hp * .84 - Res in Atk. That's a lot of fucking attack even for -blade users, especially considering horses get their crap neutered.

That is not what the calculator says.

Delthea, Linde, and Mae [Neutral, Blárblade, Life and Death, (3/4/4/2)/(3/4/3/3)] will kill BH!Ike [Neutral, Vanilla]. The first attack gets Ike's HP so low that 80% damage reduction does not mean much anymore. Ike with +HP/Res can tank them just fine, but he will be at low health and moving him in for the kill risks overextending him into enemy range.

Infantry blade mages are still pretty common.

25 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

+Atk -Def Titania or +Spd -Res Titania?

Both seem pretty good. I guess it depends on what build you are trying to give her. Or you can just keep both. [+Spd, -Res] works really well with non Brave weapons. [+Atk, -Def] can be used for blue mage tanking and maybe even counter killing if you want to sacrifice a Hector.

Edited by XRay

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is not what the calculator says.

Delthea, Linde, and Mae [Neutral, Blárblade, Life and Death, (3/4/4/2)/(3/4/3/3)] will kill BH!Ike [Neutral, Vanilla]. The first attack gets Ike's HP so low that 80% damage reduction does not mean much anymore. Ike with +HP/Res can tank them just fine, but he will be at low health and moving him in for the kill risks overextending him into enemy range.

Infantry blade mages are still pretty common.

Fair enough, that was just me forgetting to recalculate down from +10 (Ike gains a lot from multiple merges, since 1 hp is very nearly 1 res for him---@ +0 you achieve the 2HKO around 56 Atk rather than 64 Atk for +10, I subtracted 4 for the merge but forgot to subtract 4 for Ike being ridiculously good with more hp.) Also note that Ike doesn't need to be +Hp or Res, a simple Hp seal is fine. (Atk +1 seal doesn't do jack because Urvan makes 3 Hp worth about 2.5 Atk.)

That said---3/4/4/2 will only ever happen with Eirika or Ephraim, next to the -blade tomer, AND they can't have reposition, which simplifies enemy phase after killing the -blade tomer immensely. A ranged unit that KOs them and getting repositioned out is completely safe, and so is the person who repositioned, so Ike being at low health doesn't actually matter, because a Dancer + reposition on Ike [edit: that is, Ike has reposition and he repositions the dancer out] combo obtains the same kind of movement.

Edited by DehNutCase