"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Trying to start a new team starting with my CYL Ike.  Who synergies with him more - CYL Lucina or Lyn?  I still have my freebie pull.  

Immedietly you think Lucina b/c she can buff him and kill reds which he cannot but at the same time her buff isn't very useful b/c Ike only has 28 speed which would go up to 34.  That might prevent SOME doubles, but not a whole lot - especially from reds which is what he needs to prevent doubles from.  Additionally, I believe both Lyn and Lucina are more than able to take out 99% of the reds b/c they tend to be glass cannons and their high speed doesn't mean anything to a BB Lyn.  

But Lucina has more potential for arena b/c she has significantly higher BST than Lyn.

So Lucina or Lyn for team with CYL Ike?

Also, my Ike is +res/-hp.  I think this is one of the best natures.  His HP doesn't matter much b/c 3 HP isn't going to mean as much as res when he gets doubled a lot (even if the second attack does 80%).  Additionally, I think -HP is the best bane for him b/c he centers around Aether heals.  True?

Edited by Lushen

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While trying to pull a Brave Lucina (the only CYL character I don't have yet), I accidentally pulled a second Brave Ike (first one was +Def/-Res, second is neutral)... and I'm at a loss on what to do. I don't usually pull repeat 5 stars.

Is there any character who would make particular good use of Aether or Steady Breath?

4 hours ago, Lushen said:

Trying to start a new team starting with my CYL Ike.  Who synergies with him more - CYL Lucina or Lyn?  I still have my freebie pull.  

Immedietly you think Lucina b/c she can buff him and kill reds which he cannot but at the same time her buff isn't very useful b/c Ike only has 28 speed which would go up to 34.  That might prevent SOME doubles, but not a whole lot - especially from reds which is what he needs to prevent doubles from.  Additionally, I believe both Lyn and Lucina are more than able to take out 99% of the reds b/c they tend to be glass cannons and their high speed doesn't mean anything to a BB Lyn.  

But Lucina has more potential for arena b/c she has significantly higher BST than Lyn.

So Lucina or Lyn for team with CYL Ike?

Also, my Ike is +res/-hp.  I think this is one of the best natures.  His HP doesn't matter much b/c 3 HP isn't going to mean as much as res when he gets doubled a lot (even if the second attack does 80%).  Additionally, I think -HP is the best bane for him b/c he centers around Aether heals.  True?

I guess it depends on your play style. BH!Lucina will give you more points, but BH!Lyn would give you less frustrations since she can nuke down anything you find troublesome.

I would still be careful with using Ike to tank mages since Aether heals him up to around 50% of his HP depending on how full the enemy is.

So I have a +Def/-Spd Lyn that I pulled at the beginning of the game that I want to use in TT Mini. What are some skills that she would like? She already has Brash Assault 3 but I can switch that out once she gets more SP.    

Edited by tobuShogi

I'm looking to train some some CYLyn counters, since I ran into like 7 of them in Arena Assault.

I was looking at Tome and Bow users with decent Def.

Could Henry pass as a Lyn Counter, or is his Attack just so low that it's unsalvageable?  I haven't checked the natures on mine, but he should be somewhat easy to get a decent one, since he's 3*.

I've got Leon, but he's -Def, which hurts his absorbing potential against Lyn.  I've got a +Def Faye, which actually gives her better Def than Leon, but she's -Atk.  I suppose there's also Gordin, with his high Def, but I don't seem to find any candidates that are good for taking minimal damage and killing her on retaliation, which I can do for basically every other unit in the game.

I put together Gronnraven Soren, which isn't great, since he can only really handle one Lyn, and loses half his health, but it's better than nothing.  I also have a 4* Robin XY, but haven't tried putting him up against Lyn yet.

4 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

@Rezzy Here's one cray cray set you can do

Elieson showed me this~

That looks nice, but Henry surviving with just 1 HP against Lyn is concerning.  I was thinking of doing Triangle Adept instead of Earth Boost.

Just now, Rezzy said:

That looks nice, but Henry surviving with just 1 HP against Lyn is concerning.  I was thinking of doing Triangle Adept instead of Earth Boost.

But like, that's the thing. If you run T Adept you're tooooootally vulnerable to Cancel affinity if someone chooses to run it!

That's why this set is so brilliant!

15 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

But like, that's the thing. If you run T Adept you're tooooootally vulnerable to Cancel affinity if someone chooses to run it!

That's why this set is so brilliant!

Running Cancel Affinity takes away Lyn's no DC skill, so I can hit her with Xander or one of my other bulky DC units.

I have 7 Henrys and the best one is -HP+Atk.  I don't have a single one -Spd, and the +Def one is -Atk.

3 hours ago, Jonnas said:

While trying to pull a Brave Lucina (the only CYL character I don't have yet), I accidentally pulled a second Brave Ike (first one was +Def/-Res, second is neutral)... and I'm at a loss on what to do. I don't usually pull repeat 5 stars.

Is there any character who would make particular good use of Aether or Steady Breath?

For Aether, any non staff unit can use it to boost their Arena score. For most units, Steady Breath is worse than Fury, but if you run out of Fury, you can use Steady Breath.

39 minutes ago, Friendly_Ram said:

does the support boosts interact with ninos tome or is it counted as BST like fury?

Ally Supports between units are similar to Spurs I think. Summoner Support between you/Summoner and the unit is a simple stat boost for the unit like in Tempest Trials; it is not a bonus.

6 minutes ago, Legion! said:

Then why are you running a slow mage with base 3 Atk that will just get quadded anyway :/

3 minutes ago, Legion! said:

That and the set is basically spent after just a round or two of combat; loses to Lyn stacking and isn't even capable of properly checking other greens because you're not running Triangle Adept.

It's ok at best for arena assault, but otherwise...no. Just no.

Hmm? Proper Englishes? Ugh quoting on phonses

1 hour ago, Astolfo! said:

Where is the T-Adept?

I don't see it O.o

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Running Cancel Affinity takes away Lyn's no DC skill, so I can hit her with Xander or one of my other bulky DC units.

Sacae's Blessing is better for offenses while Cancel Affinity is better for defense teamses, we thinks.

Edited by Legion!

Do Supports not carry over to Defense Teams in Arena?  I haven't seen any yet, but maybe they just haven't grinded them yet.  Also, checking people's lead units on my Friend List, I don't see any Support Badges, either, so maybe it's only player-side.

36 minutes ago, Legion! said:

Hmm? Proper Englishes? Ugh quoting on phonses

Sacae's Blessing is better for offenses while Cancel Affinity is better for defense teamses, we thinks.

Cancel Affinity Lyns are actually easier to handle for me, since most of my DC units have better Def than any other potential counters.  Although I haven't actually seen a Cancel Affinity Lyn yet, so I can't test exactly how easy she'd be to deal with.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do Supports not carry over to Defense Teams in Arena?  I haven't seen any yet, but maybe they just haven't grinded them yet.  Also, checking people's lead units on my Friend List, I don't see any Support Badges, either, so maybe it's only player-side.

It only seems to affect things from the active player's side. So it works on your offense teams, but not defense teams, and you can't see any effect of it on the friends list. (bummer about the last one, I'd love to see if people have S ranked their leads)

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Yeah. I am pretty sure I read or heard somewhere that Supports only activate for the player. The enemies do not get those Support boosts, even if their players gave them that.

45 minutes ago, Legion! said:

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cancel Affinity Lyns are actually easier to handle for me, since most of my DC units have better Def than any other potential counters.  Although I haven't actually seen a Cancel Affinity Lyn yet, so I can't test exactly how easy she'd be to deal with.

Thanks for the info! I will give Sacae's Blessing and Cancel Affinity to my triple BH!Lyn team. I just need to decide on the third B slot now.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Does anybody know if support bonuses stack with skills like Fury and Death Blow?

Yes. Ally Supports are Spurs and Summoner Support is basically a stat boost like in the Tempest Trials.

Do you feel as if the Kagero calculator is more "white and black" than just summing up matchups? While there's is a filter and all, I feel like the only thing is does at times is discourage me from trying out different things. Braves with Atk-boosting skills get the highest wins for a rather obvious reason, which I feel just stales the way the game is played (which, again, isn't objectively wrong, but I'm not sure I'm getting across). I feel like if we try out our own things in an actual teams on an actual plain field things can usually find a way around.

This, actually coming from someone who literally rolls the numbers for sport at times.

Edited by Soul~!

2 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Would Caeda, Cordelia, Camilla and Spring Camilla be a decent flier team?  

If you have Palla, I would use her.  Caeda have generally inferior stats and a worse base skill kit.  If you like Caeda, you can make it work, but Palla's generally the better Red Flyer.

SCamilla is great with either a blade or raven tome.  Cordelia and Camilla can both be decent with investment.

2 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Would Caeda, Cordelia, Camilla and Spring Camilla be a decent flier team?  

If you have Palla, I would use her.  Caeda have generally inferior stats and a worse base skill kit.  If you like Caeda, you can make it work, but Palla's generally the better Red Flyer.

SCamilla is great with either a blade or raven tome.  Cordelia and Camilla can both be decent with investment.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I do have Palla (4 star) but Caeda broke my pity rate while looking for Brave Roy. I don't have many fliers to begin with (they avoid me for some reason) so would love to make something thats not terrible at least haha. Dont need them to be as good as my Horse team but would love to at least have a nice flier starter edition.

Edited by Chelone