"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

I think I worded it in a wrong way I meant to say that I find her base kit kind of bad and enemy phase with DC is better for me. I actually thought of a build for her. 

• Rinkah's Club
  • Reposition/swap
  • Bonfire/Aether 
  • DC
  • Close call/repel
  • Atk smoke
  • Warding stance (swift stance outside of AR as Eir and Peony won't be available to buff her) 

She will be supported by Corrin with Refined Yato, Spd Res link (that random Nina was useful), drive def and drive res. Along with Eir and Peony she will have as +Spd +1, 

51 Hp, 59 Atk, 57 Spd, 53 Def and 43 Res. Making her pretty scary 

I am not too sure about Close Call/Repel. 40% damage mitigation is a lot but that only works against slow units, and it does not really do anything for her against fast units like SK!Alm and QOV!Celica. I personally lean towards Lull Atk/Spd to further slow down fast nukes and reduce their damage a bit. Lull Atk/Spd is active against all units, eliminates the most dangerous enemy buffs, and it provides partial protection against Blade mages for the odd few still around. SK!Alms generally hover around 55 to 65 Spd, and I think QOV Celica is generally around the same range.

34 minutes ago, Steilison said:

This current Forging Bonds event does it only gives Hoshidian Hat and Hoshidian Hat EX or are there other more to come?

When you arrive at the Forging Bond screen, you can tap the blue <Check Rewards> button below the green <Select Stage> button. Then tap <Midori: Reliable Chemist> and change it to someone else.

34 minutes ago, Kaden said:

So, got to forty summons on the new Journey Begins banner and I'm torn between Rinkah and Lilith. Rinkah seems good and having more axe infantry or axe units in general for me seems helpful. Stat-wise, she's the second axe infantry whose base speed surpasses Anna after Lovebirds Alm & Celica. That does ignore Hilda, Linus, Raven, and +Spd axe infantry with +35 base neutral speed, but speedy axe units seem useful to have. She is also simpler to work with; use her right out of the box or inherit stuff onto her to make her a Galeforce unit for instance. The only meh thing is her resistance, but Annette, Echidna, Hawkeye, Libra, and Osian can be used for dealing with magic damage. Also, abs.

Lilith on the other hand is the fifth flying dragon and the second blue flying dragon after Naga. Good offensive stats as she's the fastest flying dragon now. Astral Breath is stupid, but the issue is that I don't use supports much. Of the units who have support-related effects, I feel like M!Corrin might be the best to cover greens for her if all the stat stacking she can get from him isn't enough to deal with them. Clive and Mathilda have a color overlap with her, Leila I feel like she might work better with Bramimond, Gunnthra, Matthew, CYL Micaiah, Saizo, Ursula, or any dagger with Broadleaf Fan who make use of debuffs to power their weapons, and I don't have Velouria.

I lean towards Lilith since she can sort of act like Dancer/Singer via Astral Breath-Reposition/Swap/Shove/Smite . Nukes are a dime a dozen, but unique 5* utility units are difficult to replicate. With Dancers/Singers barred off of certain modes now, as a Player Phase player, I am feeling the effects of Panic and I am trying to think of alternative "Dancers/Singers" to use.

GA!Lucina with Future Vision seems the most promising. Lilith is next due to unconditional Wings of Mercy. CE!Chrom's To Change Fate! might be okay too.

41 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Lastly, convince me use a Nailah that showed up today for Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt on CYL Ike (+Def, -Spd) or someone else. Neutral CYL Ike is staying for F2P strategies. I like Nailah and my first one is +Spd, -Def while the second one today is +Atk, -HP. Couldn't have showed up with a different, worse asset, bane now could we? If I could, I would love to merge her, but she comes with two coveted skills and she might not be the greatest of units. A Killer effect is always useful as is the Wo Dao effect when she's transformed, Atk/Spd Form 3 is helpful at times, and Glare is useful in certain situations. Stat-wise, she could have had a bit more had they introduced gen 3 BST with The Ruler of the Laguz banner instead of after it. So, a bit more attack or resistance, but I'm just complaining now.

If you are willing to build Kronya despite the huge expenses involved, you can give Null C-Disrupt to her. She is very useful in Aether Raids.

For 5* exclusive fodder, she will need Close Counter and Null C-Disrupt. For teammates, she will need 2 copies of A Monstrous Harvest Hectors and 1 additional copy of Altina to pair with the free Altina. That is a total of five 5* exclusive summons, with one down and four more to go.

If you want it on someone else, BH!Ike is nice, although I think Close Call might be more appropriate as the B slot since he becomes practically unkillable with the right set up.

For other options... I cannot really think of anyone else. You can put it on whichever super tank you use the most, but I have not found Null C-Disrupt useful on super tanks since Firesweepers just does not pose much of a threat. You can maybe try Phina so she can bait out those pesky Firesweep cavalry units, although she may be in danger of other nukes as well so I am not sure how viable that tactic is.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Steilison said:

This current Forging Bonds event does it only gives Hoshidian Hat and Hoshidian Hat EX or are there other more to come?

There are tabs for each individual character. The button to toggle between them is not an immediately obvious button.

43 minutes ago, XRay said:

For 5* exclusive fodder, she will need Close Counter and Null C-Disrupt. For teammates, she will need 2 copies of A Monstrous Harvest Hectors and 1 additional copy of Altina to pair with the free Altina. That is a total of five 5* exclusive summons, with one down and four more to go.

why 2 altina? thank you

1 minute ago, Steilison said:

why 2 altina? thank you

Altina increases Atk. The most important stat for a Counter-Vantage unit is Atk.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Altina increases Atk. The most important stat for a Counter-Vantage unit is Atk.

Gotcha! thanks. Nice build! is there other build other than Null C for her?

Edited by Steilison

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

I lean towards Lilith since she can sort of act like Dancer/Singer via Astral Breath-Reposition/Swap/Shove/Smite . Nukes are a dime a dozen, but unique 5* utility units are difficult to replicate. With Dancers/Singers barred off of certain modes now, as a Player Phase player, I am feeling the effects of Panic and I am trying to think of alternative "Dancers/Singers" to use.

GA!Lucina with Future Vision seems the most promising. Lilith is next due to unconditional Wings of Mercy. CE!Chrom's To Change Fate! might be okay too.

That's the thing, Lilith's Astral Breath is dumb, but it relies on her having a support partner. If -- and this is a big if -- for whatever reason she doesn't have her support partner around, then all you have is a blue flying dragon with Spd+3 and the usual adaptive damage on her breath. It's a what are you doing kind of situation, but it can happen. Rinkah on the other hand will always have a Killer effect and special charge +1 on enemy phase or if her health is not full. Both are flexible units where Lilith offers a lot of utility and can stack a lot of stats while by default Rinkah's skills lean her towards being a physical damage tank, but with her stats, she can function as a player phase unit.

46 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are willing to build Kronya despite the huge expenses involved, you can give Null C-Disrupt to her. She is very useful in Aether Raids.

I do have a spare Close Counter, but that's not saying much when Takumi's no longer in the summoning pool of new heroes banners and while everyone else is seasonal. I guess Midori helps a bit since she introduced Close Foil, but the lack of coverage for dragons can hurt.

The last mythic I was able to summon was Naga and that was on her debut banner. Since then, no new mythic hero has showed up for me with Peony and Altina being free. Eir is the only one I managed to get a second copy. The most recent in terms of release date for a legendary hero that showed up was Eliwood. At least I was able to get two or more copies of legendary Alm, Gunnthra, Hector, F!Grima, Lucina, etc. Mythic banners suck for me. No Hector & Lilina either. The last time he showed up was one their debut banner and the Special Hero Summon (Year 3) and that was a pick one, hope you get who you want deal.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If you want it on someone else, BH!Ike is nice, although I think Close Call might be more appropriate as the B slot since he becomes practically unkillable with the right set up.

It'd be a grab DC and Null C-Disrupt 3 and go sort of deal because otherwise, he can only get Moonbow from Nailah and that's a waste of a Nailah for someone who can inherit both DC and Null C-Disrupt. Having Null C-Disrupt gives him more options.

And yes, other than CYL Ike, some super tank. Hawkeye comes to mind with his Guardian Axe's Killer effect and Lull Atk/Def 3 and being easier to merge, but unique refined Urvan is such a stupid weapon. If F!Kana were easier to merge, her as well with her Sun Dragonstone's Spectrum Stance and Lull Atk/Spd 3.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That's the thing, Lilith's Astral Breath is dumb, but it relies on her having a support partner. If -- and this is a big if -- for whatever reason she doesn't have her support partner around, then all you have is a blue flying dragon with Spd+3 and the usual adaptive damage on her breath. It's a what are you doing kind of situation, but it can happen. Rinkah on the other hand will always have a Killer effect and special charge +1 on enemy phase or if her health is not full. Both are flexible units where Lilith offers a lot of utility and can stack a lot of stats while by default Rinkah's skills lean her towards being a physical damage tank, but with her stats, she can function as a player phase unit.

The only form of utility that Rinkah brings that comes to mind is that she brings her own Heavy Blade/Flashing Blade, like BH!Roy and Eliwood, so you can save that Sacred Seal for another member of the team. While it is useful, there are ways of replicating that with stuff like Infantry Rush and Velouria.

Dancers/Singers on the other hand, I am not sure if any positioning support unit out there right now can rival Dancers/Singers for Player Phase teams.

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I do have a spare Close Counter, but that's not saying much when Takumi's no longer in the summoning pool of new heroes banners and while everyone else is seasonal. I guess Midori helps a bit since she introduced Close Foil, but the lack of coverage for dragons can hurt.

I do not recommend Close Foil, as there are plenty of dragons in Aether Raids.

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It'd be a grab DC and Null C-Disrupt 3 and go sort of deal because otherwise, he can only get Moonbow from Nailah and that's a waste of a Nailah for someone who can inherit both DC and Null C-Disrupt. Having Null C-Disrupt gives him more options.

And yes, other than CYL Ike, some super tank. Hawkeye comes to mind with his Guardian Axe's Killer effect and Lull Atk/Def 3 and being easier to merge, but unique refined Urvan is such a stupid weapon. If F!Kana were easier to merge, her as well with her Sun Dragonstone's Spectrum Stance and Lull Atk/Spd 3.

Yeah, having more options is nice on BH!Ike.

Hawkeye and F!Kana can be good too since they already got decent Lulls on their Weapon, although it is not as ridiculous as Urvan.

42 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So, Spendthrift Bow.  How am I supposed to build around this thing?

Just think of it as if it were Guard Bow, but better since it works at any range, you get slightly higher Def/Res, and you get more Atk to go with it.

The reverse Special Spiral after combat is a bummer, but it is also not a huge deal at the same time, since it does not really affect the performance of unit if the unit times their Special properly to activate during every round of combat. I think of it as the developers giving nudge to get players to learn how to build units better.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Just think of it as if it were Guard Bow, but better since it works at any range, you get slightly higher Def/Res, and you get more Atk to go with it.

The reverse Special Spiral after combat is a bummer, but it is also not a huge deal at the same time, since it does not really affect the performance of unit if the unit times their Special properly to activate during every round of combat. I think of it as the developers giving nudge to get players to learn how to build units better.

So someone has to double, or you run Heavy Blade/Infantry Rush or something?  Because a single attack on both sides means that the special counter doesn't go up.

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So someone has to double, or you run Heavy Blade/Infantry Rush or something?  Because a single attack on both sides means that the special counter doesn't go up.

The user can still charge their special during combat. It's just after combat if they attacked, their special cooldown count is increased by 2; the reverse Special Spiral effect.

The effects of Spendthrift Bow being: "Effective against flying foes. Grants Atk+7 to unit and inflicts Atk-7 on foe during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Special cooldown count+2 on unit. (Cannot exceed the unit's maximum Special cooldown.)"

Edited by Kaden

21 minutes ago, Kaden said:

The user can still charge their special during combat. It's just after combat if they attacked, their special cooldown count is increased by 2; the reverse Special Spiral effect.

The effects of Spendthrift Bow being: "Effective against flying foes. Grants Atk+7 to unit and inflicts Atk-7 on foe during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Special cooldown count+2 on unit. (Cannot exceed the unit's maximum Special cooldown.)"

My question to you: If a special is at maximum CD, and each side attacks once, how often will your special go off?

29 minutes ago, Reisalin Stout said:

As for the guaranteed 5* focus: Is their nature neutral or is it random?

If you mean the free Lords 5*, then yes. The banner is treated like a normal banner, so not only will the char have an asset and flaw, but the orb selection is also completely random.

Please enjoy 5 red orbs and getting Seliph.

32 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

If you mean the free Lords 5*, then yes. The banner is treated like a normal banner, so not only will the char have an asset and flaw, but the orb selection is also completely random.

Please enjoy 5 red orbs and getting Seliph.

Sorry, I meant the guaranteed 5* focus after 40 pulls for the Fates banner.

Anyways I have tested it out for myself.

Seems they don't have an asset / flaw.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

My question to you: If a special is at maximum CD, and each side attacks once, how often will your special go off?

With few exceptions, an Enemy Phase unit should almost always run Quick Riposte somewhere on their build, so they can always hit twice. That means an Enemy Phase unit can always get a 2 cooldown Special to trigger during every round of combat, or a 3 cooldown Special to trigger if they are slow. This assumes there is nothing funny going on like Null Follow-Up or Guard. Most Player Phase units do not bother with Null Follow-Up nor Guard, so generally it is not something to worry about.

3 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Sorry, I meant the guaranteed 5* focus after 40 pulls for the Fates banner.

Anyways I have tested it out for myself.

Seems they don't have an asset / flaw.

My guaranteed Lilith is neutral too. When you tap on the Orb before you summon it, it shows you a copy of the unit and it is neutral, so I think that means all guaranteed units are neutral.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

If your unit is too slow to attack twice or isn't running Quick Riposte or Bold/Vengeful Fighter, use a different bow because you're not getting your Special to activate anytime soon.

Edited by Ice Dragon

39 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Two Velouria questions.

>Does Wolfpup Fang do anything for Velouria's support partner in AR Defense?
>Who are some units who would appreciate the effects of Wolfpup Fang?

1. No.
  2. Well, technically anyone with a special, but in the context of units who can use that boost to set up into something bigger:
    1. I usually use it to charge up Galeforce (extra helpful if I need Galeforce activated in one hit, or if I need to Heavy/Flashing Blade my way through Guard).
    2. It probably plays nicely with Devil Axe/Berserk Armads+Wrath.
    3. Edit: Tome of Thoron setups, or even plain old Special Spiral users (Ares comes to mind) would also benefit.
Edited by LordFrigid
Organized things, added more use cases.

16 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Does vanilla Celica prefer an attack ot speed asset? 

Depends on the mode. +Atk is better in Abyssal where bulk is high and Spd is low. +Spd is better for PvP modes so she can double enemy units.

4 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Any chance we will be able to get this again soon? I missed it the first time haha.

656301363_SummerFestivalMask.png.18f928e8c067ce3503e5a647532be24b.png

And now I have an urge to put it on Lilith haha.

There is no predictable schedule for re-releases of Tap Battle accessories (e.g.: Summer Festival Mask) from what I can tell. Sometimes they get re-released a second time after a while, and sometimes they do not.

You can get the Gold Summer Mask from Lucina: Glorious Archer's map.

Lower reward Forging Bonds accessories do get re-released a second time slowly via quests from Tap Battle.

Edited by XRay

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

How is the whole "I never said our friend was a she" moment from the plot played in the original Japanese what with them lacking the whole pronoun thing?

Peony only says that it's a friend of hers. No mention of the friend's gender. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

5 hours ago, XRay said:

There is no predictable schedule for re-releases of Tap Battle accessories (e.g.: Summer Festival Mask) from what I can tell. Sometimes they get re-released a second time after a while, and sometimes they do not.

You can get the Gold Summer Mask from Lucina: Glorious Archer's map.

Lower reward Forging Bonds accessories do get re-released a second time slowly via quests from Tap Battle.

Alright, thanks. I hope it gets released again. What do you think of the chances? How many tapbattle accessories have been re-released?