"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

Just checking, does Tharja/Nowi/Bunny Chrom/Shareena seem like a decent team for the next arena season?  I'm a little concerned that the general lack of Res on the team could come back to bite me (my Nowi is +HP, -Res), but I am curious if anyone else sees any glaring issues.

Edited by red-and-soulless

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

Just checking, does Tharja/Nowi/Bunny Chrom/Shareena seem like a decent team for the next arena season?  I'm a little concerned that the general lack of Res on the team could come back to bite me (my Nowi is +HP, -Res), but I am curious if anyone else sees any glaring issues.

Other than Kagero being your worst nightmare, not really.  Hector might give you problems, though, since I don't know how well Tharja can tank a hit from him.

Edited by eclipse

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Other than Kagero being your worst nightmare, not really.  Hector might give you problems, though, since I don't know how well Tharja can tank a hit from him.

Depending on the buffs and nature, she's somewhat likely to one-shot him. I'm talking from personal experience though, so I'll do some calculations.

Edit: neutral Tharja goes from 39hp to 20hp and one rounds neutral Hector. She probably needs too many (3+) buffs to one-shot him though, I've been spoiled with +atk Tharja and Eirika buffs.

Edited by Birdy

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Ok, that sounds workable.  I can always return to a more traditional team build if Kagero gets obnoxious, but this seems like a really good time to take Tharja on a test run.

6 hours ago, Birdy said:

Depending on the buffs and nature, she's somewhat likely to one-shot him. I'm talking from personal experience though, so I'll do some calculations.

Edit: neutral Tharja goes from 39hp to 20hp and one rounds neutral Hector. She probably needs too many (3+) buffs to one-shot him though, I've been spoiled with +atk Tharja and Eirika buffs.

My Tharja is a) only 4 Stars and b) +Spd, -Def, so she will take a significantly worse hit, but thank you for confirming that she will at least one-round him.

Thanks for the help :):

22 minutes ago, OKigen said:

If we merge 2 units and the source unit already holds a lot of sp, does it carry over to the target?

SP does not carry over. The only factor that determines the amount of SP received is the rarity of the sacrifice.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

SP does not carry over. The only factor that determines the amount of SP received is the rarity of the sacrifice.

Does merge level affect SP? (If I use a +2 unit as merge fodder, does the recipient gain the same amount of SP as using a +1 as merge fodder or more SP?)

34 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Does merge level affect SP? (If I use a +2 unit as merge fodder, does the recipient gain the same amount of SP as using a +1 as merge fodder or more SP?)

Each merge on the sacrifice counts as another copy of the character and gives you SP for each copy.

So, sacrificing a +1 character gives you double the SP as a +0. Sacrificing a +2 character gives you triple the SP as a +0, and so on.

Has anyone actually managed to beat 9-3 on Lunatic yet, and if so, what team did you use?  I've tried several different teams with very different compositions, and I still end up with every single one of the troops on there able to one-shot every single one of my troops, regardless of defensive strength or weapon advantage.

19 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Has anyone actually managed to beat 9-3 on Lunatic yet, and if so, what team did you use?  I've tried several different teams with very different compositions, and I still end up with every single one of the troops on there able to one-shot every single one of my troops, regardless of defensive strength or weapon advantage.

Give us a list of your units so that we can come up with something for you. Also are you going for a deathless run for a quest or just beating the map?

Edited by Kiran

21 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Give us a list of your units so that we can come up with something for you. Also are you going for a deathless run for a quest or just beating the map?

Level 40:

Tharja 5-Star

Camilla 5-Star

Jeorge 5-Star

Eliwood 4-Star

Sharena 4-Star

Level 30-39:

Merric 5-Star (39)

Ursula 4-Star (38)

Serra 4-Star (36)

Matthew 4-Star (36)

Fir 4-Star (35)

M. Corrin 5-Star (34)

Ogma 5-Star (33)

Clarine 4-Star (33)

Sophia 4-Star (32)

Cherche 4-Star (32)

Florina 4-Star (32)

Initially, I was going for a deathless run with a sword-user for two extra orbs, but at this point, I think I'd settle for just beating the thing, period.

@JJ48 You should be fine with Olivia (for dance), Tharja, Merric, and Sharena. 

You need to get rid of those cav mages first. Tharja and Merric should effectively counter them. Olivia can help dance them away from danger afterwards. Sharena takes care of the sword cav. The knights move too slowly and you should be able to pick them off with your mages afterwards. 

EDIT:

I did a test run for you. Completed it deathless with 4*Sharena, 4*Merric, 4*Olivia, and 4* Tharja. (Note that this was the team order). Olivia must be able to take 1 hit from the green mage cav.

Turn 1: Tharja moves towards knight, and with Olivia's dance is able to snipe him from across the wall. Merric stands to the left of Olivia and Sharena to the left of Merric

Turn 2: Tharja moves 1 square to the left. Merric with the help of Olivia's dance, takes Tharja's spot. Sharena moves to the left of Olivia

Turn 3: Merric moves one tile down, Tharja takes his spot and takes out Ursula across the wall. Sharena moves on top of the trees and ORKO the sword cav. Olivia moves between Sharena and Tharja. Olivia dances Sharena so that she can move below Olivia and out of enemy range. 

Turn 4: Olivia attacks the green mage, Tharja kills the green mage

Turn 5: Kill the blue knight with your mages. 

Edited by Kiran

8 minutes ago, Friendly_Ram said:

What does your score need to be around to get into the rankings in the arena?  Just wondering after i cleared the arena purely advanced and only lost a unit once. 

I would say 4050 - 4100 in order to squeeze by in the top 100k. 

Is Gwen a lost cause?  I have 7 of them 3*.  On one hand, I could get 1,050 feathers (not too much, but sizable) but on the other hand I could eventually have a +10 gwen easily.  Even as a +10, I still feel like she'd be pretty bad, no?  She doesn't seem to have any skills worth inheriting from either.

I know nothing of armor units.

Edited by Lushen

3 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Is Gwen a lost cause?  I have 7 of them 3*.  On one hand, I could get 1,050 feathers (not too much, but sizable) but on the other hand I could eventually have a +10 gwen easily.  Even as a +10, I still feel like she'd be pretty bad, no?

I know nothing of armor units.

Armors are mostly only good with Distant Counter, so it's a very heavy investment. Armors in general after skill inheritance are great, and Gwendolyn is no exception, though making her or someone like Draug good isn't exactly feasible for the average player.

@Ice Dragon did a better job in the analysis he posted for her, though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I would say 4050 - 4100 in order to squeeze by in the top 100k. 

4159 and not in top100k anymore.

4200, perhaps.

@MrSmokestack thanks I dumped her clones.  It was on my cavalry account anyways so I doubt she'd see much use other than "Kill 10 enemies that are level 40 with an armored unit"

Edited by Lushen

2 minutes ago, Lushen said:

4159 and not in top100k anymore.

4200, perhaps.

Really? I have a score of 4,138 and am currently ranked 87,096. The ranking updates every hour.

Edited by Kiran

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Maybe tiers actually have a use now? What tier are you in?

Tier 3

edit: No idea why, I should be much lower I barely touched arena on this account...

Edited by Lushen