Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Finally broke 4500+. Would have been higher but I stupidly suicided my Rein onto a Hector. >< I've been running into a lot of merged Eirikas too ( of course. she just gets fried by Rein regardless )and Ryo deals with the Ninos and Julias. >:D Averaging around 680+ per fight now.

hleICl0.jpg

Edited by Luchi

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my deathless run this week :) quadsuna is a favorite of mine. I averaged 706-714 points per battle. also note: Julia +3 with minus res and life or death can tank a +10 rheinhart with deathblow and 49 attack. as long as he isnt given an attack buff then julia wouldnt be tanky enough. Ill probably add fury to julia when I have the sp.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170430-124020[72].png

Edited by Shiro

1 hour ago, Luchi said:

Finally broke 4500+. Would have been higher but I stupidly suicided my Rein onto a Hector. >< I've been running into a lot of merged Eirikas too ( of course. she just gets fried by Rein regardless )and Ryo deals with the Ninos and Julias. >:D Averaging around 680+ per fight now.

Hide contents

hleICl0.jpg

Funnily enough, I just lost my deathless streak because a Rein killed off my Hector. Got myself facing a Horse Emblem team with Celicia, Eliwood and Reinhardt, in that mountain map where the enemy is split in half on the right hand side. Placed Hector to the top corner and Eirika to the bottom corner and thought Rein would pursue Eirika - considering weapon AND the fact that she's a lot closer.

Nope, all 3 of them rushed to Hector like there's no tomorrow. RIP.

Switched my team up for this season - 5* Seliph (with Fury2, one of the dragon skills), Julia (Life or Death, Rally Attack and the HP seal), 5* Minerva (Desparation2, one of the dragon skills) and 4* Lukas (soon to be 5*) (with Rally Attack, the male Robin skill based on your def, a def boosting C-skill and the Speed Seal)

Lukas replaces my 5* Nowi because I had quite the trouble keeping her away from Falchion users (one time I encountered a team of Lucina, Chrome, Marth and Olivia - not funny) and he tanks everything it is beautiful. However now I kinda lost my (granted not very effective) Takumi counter... I tried baiting him with Julia and then finishing him with Lukas (which works surprisingly!) because Lukas can survive that one attack from Vantage!Takumi (oooh how I hate you)... but postitioning this combination is quite difficult on some maps.

Moreover this is the second season without a defensive win... sad. I even added a dancer to my defense team but still no luck!

4 hours ago, Luchi said:

I think I had that exact same score once haha

Hi guys, im having troubles for defendin the Coliseum, 2 weeks ago i got 6 defences but, now i got 1 in 3 weeks!!. I hace Lachesis, azura, Lilina and Gordin, all 5 stars with skilles level 2. I dont know what can i do....

I have Nino, Azura, Camilla Too, any sugerence? 

Thanks.

Edited by ignis_z

31 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Hi guys, im having troubles for defendin the Coliseum, 2 weeks ago i got 6 defences but, now i got 1 in 3 weeks!!. I hace Lachesis, azura, Lilina and Gordin, all 5 stars with skilles level 2. I dont know what can i do....

Thanks.

i probably wouldn't put a healer on a defense team, the AI isn't good at using them and just has them rush in like goons to die. having a dancer is a good way to secure defense wins since they make things less predictable, so i'd keep her in there. the lava map which is running this week is pretty favourable to ranged units and fliers, so Camilla and Nino would both be good to sub in for Lachesis. most units have low res though so Nino might be better, especially if you have hone skills or rallies on your other units. just my two cents, but i'm not that pro or anything ahah.

Tier lists say Julia is a lot better than Priscilla, and apparently they're right. Managed to get a deathless run with Julia now on my team, for 4,794 points and a current rank of 4,266. Not the most secure position, but I think I have decent odds of sticking in the top 5k.

Update for 4920:

8pm PDT 4/29: 437

6pm PDT 4/30: 504

Top 1k looks very secure. Looking forward...I get to run Ike for the next two weeks, so that's probably going to be pretty fun, as long as I don't mess up horribly =P .

2 hours ago, Crushie said:

Lukas replaces my 5* Nowi because I had quite the trouble keeping her away from Falchion users (one time I encountered a team of Lucina, Chrome, Marth and Olivia - not funny) and he tanks everything it is beautiful.

Nowi eats Falchion users for breakfast. She gets Swordbreaker+Triangle Adept and dragonstone does magic damage, targeting the Falchion crew's ass resistance.

7 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Thanks.

More help?

Edited by ignis_z

17 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

More help?

To be honest, a lot of us are having the same issue. Arena scoring rebalance and adding preparation made offenses a lot easier, meaning defenses are harder.

Edit: Which means very few of us have advice to give. (I sure don't, considering my 0 defense wins this season.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Next arena season will be short (5/2 - 5/7) due to maintenance on 5/8 and arena updates on 5/9. Better make those matches count!

Got 4621 (2 deaths) and 2 defenses (278 highest) for this season.

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

More help?

Well, I've been getting 5-6 arena defense wins every week, but I'm not even sure how I'm doing it. I just use my offense team as my defence team. Maybe it's the breaker skills?

For reference, I'm using fury/vantage/threaten spd Alm, triangle adept/wings of mercy/hone Atk Ninian, bowbreaker/moonbow Lilina and Spd+3/swordbreaker/hone spd Ephraim. (Skills not mentioned are kept as default)

I'm back to having my offense team being my defense team the last couple of weeks, and I've have 3-4 wins with that. *shrugs* I feel it's mostly luck though.

Edited by salinea

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

More help?

Eh... how about replacing Lachesis for Nino? I mean, healers are just free kill on defense really.

You should place Azura next to Gordin/Nino. For instance Nino/Gordin on slot 1 and Azura on slot 2. This way, they can easily over extend and snipe someone (they'll be killed after that for sure, but sometimes all you need is one enemy dead and the other player will just give up). You can also have reposition/drawback  on the team to keep them close together, and then your opponent will have to think twice before despatching anything with your Azura around.

Managed a deathless run for 4712, my all-time high score! Considering my team sports 2 4* units and those two barely have extra skills at all, I think it's quite nice. With my full 5*, all skill slots filled team for next season, I hope I can get close or even break the 4800 mark!

3 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Well, I've been getting 5-6 arena defense wins every week, but I'm not even sure how I'm doing it. I just use my offense team as my defence team.

Same here, 1-3 wins a week with my offense squad, and clueless about why. My current guess is that aiming for the mid range puts my squad around the middle of the bell curve, therefore more play, therefore better chances for a lucky win.

2 hours ago, Okigen said:

Eh... how about replacing Lachesis for Nino? I mean, healers are just free kill on defense really.

You should place Azura next to Gordin/Nino. For instance Nino/Gordin on slot 1 and Azura on slot 2. This way, they can easily over extend and snipe someone (they'll be killed after that for sure, but sometimes all you need is one enemy dead and the other player will just give up). You can also have reposition/drawback  on the team to keep them close together, and then your opponent will have to think twice before despatching anything with your Azura around.

I was defendin 6 times wirh Lachesis... Now, what abou double dancer? I got Azura and ninian, Gordin, Azura, niniam, and nino or Lilina? With this slots.

13 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

I was defendin 6 times wirh Lachesis... Now, what abou double dancer? I got Azura and ninian, Gordin, Azura, niniam, and nino or Lilina? With this slots.

I really doubt your victory was thanks to Lachesis, unless she had some kind of Wings of Mercy on her. Healers often fall very far behind, and Lachesis is - urg, I really want to kill IS for doing this - not a great healer to start with.

Double dancers sound nice. I often have trouble with even one dancer so two may catch someone offguard. I think Azura will be better than Ninian since she is more offensive and less vulnerable to Naga/Fachion. Let me know if this works - I may try it on my own team.

Now, what to do with my team next season…

Sharena and Lilina stay, no questions asked, as Sharena and a red nuke who doubles as pineapple roaster.

The only five-star bonus hero I have is Soren, so he can join as a green mage.

The last slot is under consideration. Shall it be Catria for flying red coverage or Michalis for flying blue and can coverage? Or it can be Ninian for all-purpose dancing. Or it even may be Reinhardt, but three mages is sort of ehhhh.

Advice?

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Sharena and Lilina stay, no questions asked, as Sharena and a red nuke who doubles as pineapple roaster.

The last slot is under consideration. Shall it be Catria for flying red coverage or Michalis for flying blue and can coverage? Or it can be Ninian for all-purpose dancing.

Advice?

I personally favor Ninian.

You don't really need another lancer, flying or otherwise, when you have Sharena. Likewise, Soren should be able to cover blues pretty well, but Michalis' niche has less overlap with Soren's, which makes him a better option than Catria at least. 

The amount of utility and versatility offered by a dancer can't be replicated by any other unit though, and I don't think either Catria or Michalis offer quite enough to make up for the flexibility offered by a dancer. 

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The last slot is under consideration. Shall it be Catria for flying red coverage or Michalis for flying blue and can coverage? Or it can be Ninian for all-purpose dancing.

Advice?

I'm a fan of double blue comps in Arena, since they're balanced offensively and defensively compared to red or green. My vote goes to Catria for making mincemeat of sword users with her bulk, in addition to her flying utility. She also doesn't give up speed like Michalis does.

Edited by MrSmokestack