Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

I don't have Catria or Odin and I've been pulling as soon as I get 20 every time. Do have Narcian, but my score would have tanked if I hadn't drawn Seliph. I still had to spend some time leveling him up so I wouldn't take a point hit with my team. I'd also have to have raised Narcian if I didn't get Seliph. How many people would have spent 22 000 feathers on Narcian, though? Not to mention leveling him up multiple times to achieve that? I certainly wouldn't have poured that many resources into him, and even if I had, it would take time to do. Could cut corners and just do 4*, but then that'd be a big potential point drop. Not so much for me because I only field 2x 5* at a time because that's all my comp allows for, but people out there might have had to drop a 5* for Narcian to make the x2 multiplier. The point loss would be very noticeable over all 7 matches.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I don't have Catria or Odin and I've been pulling as soon as I get 20 every time. Do have Narcian, but my score would have tanked if I hadn't drawn Seliph. I still had to spend some time leveling him up so I wouldn't take a point hit with my team. I'd also have to have raised Narcian if I didn't get Seliph. How many people would have spent 22 000 feathers on Narcian, though? Not to mention leveling him up multiple times to achieve that? I certainly wouldn't have poured that many resources into him, and even if I had, it would take time to do. Could cut corners and just do 4*, but then that'd be a big potential point drop. Not so much for me because I only field 2x 5* at a time because that's all my comp allows for, but people out there might have had to drop a 5* for Narcian to make the x2 multiplier. The point loss would be very noticeable over all 7 matches.

It was my understanding that you only need one character for the hero bonus, is that wrong? Stat totals also influence score too.

Just now, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I don't bother with 5* right now. I still get at max 630 from an Advanced match after he replaced 5* Camilla. For reference, that's about how much I was getting with the previous bonus characters with her in it. The team is currently all Level 40s of 4* Olivia, 5* Robin, 5* Marth, and 4* Narcian.

I might be losing points but I wouldn't know about it.

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

It was my understanding that you only need one character for the hero bonus, is that wrong? Stat totals also influence score too.

Yeah, you just need one. But if someone is running all 5* and don't have any of the Family Bonds characters and has to put in 4* Narcian, especially if it needs to replace someone in the 170 range, it could have an impact. I guess I just assumed everyone else in the upper tiers are running all 5*, since that's pretty much all I ever face when I go in to fight.

14 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

I don't bother with 5* right now. I still get at max 630 from an Advanced match after he replaced 5* Camilla. For reference, that's about how much I was getting with the previous bonus characters with her in it. The team is currently all Level 40s of 4* Olivia, 5* Robin, 5* Marth, and 4* Narcian.

I might be losing points but I wouldn't know about it.

Hmmm, I see. Well, given what you've said, that gives a plateaued score, which is something I expected to see. With such a huge rank bump, it feels like people might have found ways to gain even more points despite, though I suppose a lot of that could be the whales at work. Either way, I find it quite interesting.

At this point I just accepted the point drop than trying to level Narcian. I'm not willing to use up that much stamina + an extra 2000 feathers when the return on investment would only be 500 feathers, which is a net loss. I'll field him over Robin for this season, but only because he causes such a drastic drop in average level that Ryoma and Takumi supported by Olivia can pretty much just roll over everything else themselves.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:12 PM, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Yeah, you just need one. But if someone is running all 5* and don't have any of the Family Bonds characters and has to put in 4* Narcian, especially if it needs to replace someone in the 170 range, it could have an impact. I guess I just assumed everyone else in the upper tiers are running all 5*, since that's pretty much all I ever face when I go in to fight.

I'm tier 4 and there are still people who still use their 4 stars and they're supposed to be "advanced". Sometimes you can never really tell what everyone else sees in this blasted arena. Sometimes the advanced is tier 3 and the begginer and intermediate are both tier 4. You seriously cannot be prepared for everything which is why you have probably seen a poop ton of 5 star teams with some random Narshen in there because some people forget their leftmost team is also their defense team but use their leftmost team as their main team as well, even though bonus characters don't apply to defense. We'll see how long it takes for people to realize what's happening. Any who to get back on topic:

Edited by Arcanite

The last Arena run got me 3K feathers, so I found it acceptable to invest 2K into Narcian. I don't have the faintest idea of who to 5* but as long as I'm slowly building my feather count and making a rounded roster for future runs, I'm in no rush.

So keeping in mind that I did the first three matches without a bonus character (it was like 310 max each Advanced match, ergh), my current six-round score is 2815 of rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST).

@Arcanite: That isn't the team you used for Arena, is it? If it is, how did you get 4K with two 4*s? I'm rather curious.

Edited by Dual Dragons

4 hours ago, Team Rocket Elite said:

That team doesn't have bonus character on it. You can't get a score of 4000+ without a bonus character. Also, you don't need 5* characters to get a score of 4000. 4x Lv40 4* units where at least one is a bonus unit should be able to clear 4000 easily.

Yeah, I was just curious since that's the team they have shown but even with my three 5*s, I wouldn't have gotten nearly that much score. And yeah, I was wondering how they got 4K+ without bonus characters.

The whole asking about rarity was regarding the enemies they would be facing, because they have some influence on offense score due to stats. If that was their team, I couldn't imagine how they would get 4K+.

Thanks for clearing it up!

2,815 offense, rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 46,978 (1:39AM PST)

Already cleared two ~630 matches for the next run. Hope to stay just as strong.

8 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

The last Arena run got me 3K feathers, so I found it acceptable to invest 2K into Narcian. I don't have the faintest idea of who to 5* but as long as I'm slowly building my feather count and making a rounded roster for future runs, I'm in no rush.

So keeping in mind that I did the first three matches without a bonus character (it was like 310 max each Advanced match, ergh), my current six-round score is 2815 of rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST).

@Arcanite: That isn't the team you used for Arena, is it? If it is, how did you get 4K with two 4*s? I'm rather curious.

It isn't but the team I did use was basically the same except Catria was in Gordin's place. I basically out tactified the AI and it made for some pretty butt-clenching battles LOL. I did beat the Robin special map with that team you see there though. Took two tries. I used lyn as the lure for the tome users cause she has 29 res +4 from spur res Anna.

Edited by Arcanite

8 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

For the record, I have three 4* characters in my team and stand at 4,268 offense points. I don't see the issue here? (Unless it was about the lack of bonus character)

12 hours ago, Sylphid said:

For the record, I have three 4* characters in my team and stand at 4,268 offense points. I don't see the issue here? (Unless it was about the lack of bonus character)

It was the lack of bonus character and was already corrected in my earlier post, haha.

2,815 offense, rank 71,274 (8:01PM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 46,978 (1:39AM PST)
3,441 offense, rank 60,087 (5:39PM PST)

Definitely will need to submit a better score in sooner if I want those 1,500 rank feathers at the least. Need to make up for investing in Narcian!

7 Advanced Wins, with only 1 death in 1 battle, which cost me about 60 Points unfortunatly. Not going for a better Score though, i'm happy I even got one decent streak going with this team. I'm not going to be that lucky again to face only teams I could pretty much win with only 3 actual Units since Odin decided to not even be able to kill a 5*Lilina 1on1 thanks to being -Atk +Spd.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-02-24-02-17-04.thumb.png.51aeabc9b9f81d88235b5ac6cdd0bdb9.png

I'm curios to see how much my Rank will drop until the end of the Season, I just hope that I won't drop beneath 50k with this.

4364 Offense is worth:

• Ground Zero (6PM PST on Feb 21) - #3787
  • After 24 Hours - #6826
  • After 48 Hours - #9841

I tried a riskier team (5* -Atk Seliph, 5* -Spd M!Robin, 4* Effie, 4* Olivia) and, checking the math, had I actually somehow done the whole chain deathless, I would have cleared 4450. Unfortunately, match 6 brought in a Linde+, who cause me all sorts of problems. Then, to drive the nail in the coffin, I got that garbage split map with the enemy team being composed of Hector+, Young Tiki+, Linde+ and Takumi. This Hector was strong enough to trade almost evenly with Seliph! Looks like I'm in whale territory now.

After a couple of hours, 4,055 is at #28,450.  If I can train up Olivia a lot more, and get an actual deathless run, I'll approach 4,200. . .not bad, given my team comp~!

This is the first season I've actively tried for advanced.  Was pleasantly surprised that I broke the 4k mark. Though I'm not sure how match up works since I had all lv40s and one of my opponents had a lv29 effie ._. (though to my understanding effie does have one of the highest total stats). There were more deaths then I liked. Maybe a bit more planning would help. Anyone know the damage formula?

Feb 24th 1:00pm EST 4104pts at rank 29916. Looks like I need to up my score If I want to stay in the top 30,000...

2:00PM EST rank 30,073 I got booted out of top 30,000 ;_;

3:00PM EST bumped my score up to 4157. Now rank 26,097! Don't think its enough for top 30,000 for end of season though...

Current team: 5*Ephraim, 5*Camilla, 5*Roy, 5*Robin  (everyone is a snail...with Camilla being -spd to boot. Only Roy breaks the 30spd mark by having 31....)

Edited by Kiran

I just broke 4k for the first time ever. 1 death across the 7 chain, got me:

Offense=4198

Rank=71,581

Granted, I'm running 3* Olivia at lv21 and 4* Sharena at 40, so I have some stats that I could definitely consider buffing that aren't my 5*s (Marth & Julia)  right now, which probably explains why I'm a tad behind, but I'm stoked that I got this high.