Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

After an extremely long hiatus, the OP is now current as of the newest Mythic Hero banner.

Coolio!

One quick thing I noticed while skimming the lists is that you're missing the distinction between the dual Rally and dual Rally+ skills. Rally Atk/Res+ and Rally Spd/Res+ don't exist yet with Rally Atk/Res being restricted to 5-star units and Rally Spd/Res being available at 4-star rarity from Tailtiu.

I think it would be worth noting the distinction of when a dual Rally is 5-star-exclusive alongside if its corresponding dual Rally+ is 5-star-exclusive.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

One quick thing I noticed while skimming the lists is that you're missing the distinction between the dual Rally and dual Rally+ skills. Rally Atk/Res+ and Rally Spd/Res+ don't exist yet with Rally Atk/Res being restricted to 5-star units and Rally Spd/Res being available at 4-star rarity from Tailtiu.

I think it would be worth noting the distinction of when a dual Rally is 5-star-exclusive alongside if its corresponding dual Rally+ is 5-star-exclusive.

And done. Nice catch!

By the way, please check PMs.

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

After an extremely long hiatus, the OP is now current as of the newest Mythic Hero banner.

Please let me know if there are any errors. Pinging @XRay and @Ice Dragon

The only thing I noticed is that Cancel Affinity should not be exclusive to melee units, as colorless bows and daggers can still use it.

Oh, and Fierce Breath, Steady Breath, and Warding Breath are not physical exclusive, as dragons can use it.

Edited by XRay

17 hours ago, XRay said:

The only thing I noticed is that Cancel Affinity should not be exclusive to melee units, as colorless bows and daggers can still use it.

Oh, and Fierce Breath, Steady Breath, and Warding Breath are not physical exclusive, as dragons can use it.

And fixed. Thanks for the catch!

• 3 weeks later...

So, I have 3 SR!Laevateins and while I really do want to merge her, I have a perfect [+Atk, -HP] for Counter-Vantage with 92 Atk at +0. Merging her is only going to give her 1 extra Atk but shits on her bulk by increasing it by 6 (HP+5 and Def/Res+1 I think) as well as basically giving up 2 Mirror Impact fodder.

I am still debating whether I want to merge her, but if I do not, I am planning to give Mirror Impact to Eldigan for funsies in Aether Raids defense. With Impacts preventing follow-up attacks, I was waiting for Mirror Impact to come out since Sturdy Impact increases Eldigan's physical bulk too much for Wings of Mercy to reliably activate.

His build will basically be:

Mystletainn [special]

Blazing Light? -- Bonfire? -- Ignis?

No Assist

Mirror Impact

Lunge

Spd Smoke

Hardy Bearing

I am not really sure about the Special, which determines how many Velourias and/or MOO!Hectors I need summon in the future. I like Blazing-Hardy Bearing to crush players' super tanks' HP before being finished off by someone else on the defense team, but that means I need 2 units to get that cool down charge ready.

So, what Special should I use? Anything else I should consider or change?

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am not really sure about the Special, which determines how many Velourias and/or MOO!Hectors I need summon in the future.

Velouria doesn't work on Aether Raids defense because AI units don't have supports counted.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Velouria doesn't work on Aether Raids defense because AI units don't have supports counted.

Damn. I forgot about that. That means I am stuck with Bonfire or Moonbow if I want Specials to activate immediately. Maybe I am trying to make Eldigan do too much with Lunge, Wings of Mercy beacon, and dealing damage.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@XRay , cavalry and armor can't inherit Mirror Impact or Sturdy Impact.

I forgot about that too. I guess I will just have to stick with double Fury with Darting Blow and hope he does not get doubled and killed.

— — — — — — —

Now I am not sure who to give Mirror Impact to. Maybe I will just merge my SR!Laevateins.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Now I am not sure who to give Mirror Impact to. Maybe I will just merge my SR!Laevateins.

I remember some posts on Reddit saying Yune would be a good candidate. It's mainly the no follow-up thing she wants which either Mirror Impact or Sturdy Impact would provide for her. Mirror Impact would improve her high resistance which could make it hard for healers, mages, or dragons if she's running Mystic Boost to dent her without WTA, T-Adept, or effective damage which is only really a Merric thing. Alternatively, Sturdy Impact would help if you ever want her to fight Distant Counter units, daggers, archers if she's the one running Iote's Shield, and while it isn't the same as forcing dragons to target her high resistance, Sturdy Impact's defense boost would help lower the damage she takes against dragons who can counter back. The one issue with running either, especially Mirror Impact is that it doesn't help her default Sabotage Res or Chaos Named. Granted, Yune's resistance is very high to begin with, so that might not matter as much.

Deirdre and Julia came up as well. Both have high resistance and preventing follow-up attacks from dragons and mages would help them if they can't one-shot them. In Deirdre's case and Julia with Divine Naga, they might want to run Fury, Fortress Def/Res, or anything that increases their resistance instead to make sure Divine Naga's unique refinement passes as many checks as possible or Close Counter or whatever you fancy on them.

Tibarn was another one. It's essentially swapping out his Sturdy Impact for Mirror Impact; switching from boosting his good defense to boosting his low resistance to something he might be able to survive against magic damage units who can counter back. If you really liked him, then sure, go ahead, but otherwise, I don't think it's a great investment seeing as you're giving an Impact skill to someone who already has an Impact skill. I guess a similar idea would be to give Naesala Mirror Impact to make him even more of a counterpart to Tibarn. Given his defenses, Mirror Impact would make it easier for him to deal with magical units while Sturdy Impact would make it easier for him to deal with physical units.

Otherwise, I think Alfonse, puppet Delthea, Kagero, Saizo, and any other high resistance unit would be good users of it. Starting with the easy one, Kagero's Dart's unique refinement reduces the first hit she takes on initiation by 50%. Giving her either Mirror Impact or Sturdy Impact would lower a lot of the damage she takes and preventing follow-ups help since it only works on the first hit. That said, Death Blow, Fury, L&D3, etc. are cheaper and in the case of the stat increases, would work on both phases, so she could run Vantage if you wanted her to do that.

For Alfonse and Saizo, Mirror Impact would address their low resistance. In Brazen range, Alfonse can be deceptively bulky in either physical, magical, or both depending on what you pick for his Folkvangr's refinement and stat you decide to pile on him. I think he can even be fast, but anyway, either Impact preventing follow ups would allow him to safely get into Brazen range. With Sturdy, you're boosting his defense from 32 to 42 while with Mirror, you're boosting it from 22 to 32. In Brazen range, he's guaranteed at least Atk/Def+7. If you go with Brazen Atk/Res for his seal, then he's going to have Atk+14, Def+7, and Res+7 which would give him 65 Atk, 39 Def, and 29 Res where on initiation with Mirror Impact, he's going to have 71 Atk and 39 Res. It relies on being in Brazen and his first round of combat might not be good as a result. Regular Chrom with Seal Falchion could probably pull this off too, but his resistance is much lower than Alfonse's. Puppet Delthea would be doing the opposite and using Brazen to increase her decently high resistance after Death's Res+3. The issue is she won't be running Fury 3/4 which would make it easier for her to enter Desperation range like Celica does with Fury for unique refined Ragnarok. That does depend on the map or what you want to do with them.

Mirror Impact would allow Saizo to safely initiate against dragons, healers, and mages and his high defense should be fine against physical units. In either case, he would also deny a follow-up. It's not the same as completely avoiding damage with Watersweep or Windsweep or using a Firesweep archer, but Saizo keeps the ability to follow-up and doesn't need to pass a speed check. The problem is that it means he's not running a different A passive like Close Counter might be better if you can set up all the debuffs so he doesn't disintegrate against a dragon, healer, mage, or any unit really.

29 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I remember some posts on Reddit saying Yune would be a good candidate. It's mainly the no follow-up thing she wants which either Mirror Impact or Sturdy Impact would provide for her. Mirror Impact would improve her high resistance which could make it hard for healers, mages, or dragons if she's running Mystic Boost to dent her without WTA, T-Adept, or effective damage which is only really a Merric thing. Alternatively, Sturdy Impact would help if you ever want her to fight Distant Counter units, daggers, archers if she's the one running Iote's Shield, and while it isn't the same as forcing dragons to target her high resistance, Sturdy Impact's defense boost would help lower the damage she takes against dragons who can counter back. The one issue with running either, especially Mirror Impact is that it doesn't help her default Sabotage Res or Chaos Named. Granted, Yune's resistance is very high to begin with, so that might not matter as much.

Deirdre and Julia came up as well. Both have high resistance and preventing follow-up attacks from dragons and mages would help them if they can't one-shot them. In Deirdre's case and Julia with Divine Naga, they might want to run Fury, Fortress Def/Res, or anything that increases their resistance instead to make sure Divine Naga's unique refinement passes as many checks as possible or Close Counter or whatever you fancy on them.

Tibarn was another one. It's essentially swapping out his Sturdy Impact for Mirror Impact; switching from boosting his good defense to boosting his low resistance to something he might be able to survive against magic damage units who can counter back. If you really liked him, then sure, go ahead, but otherwise, I don't think it's a great investment seeing as you're giving an Impact skill to someone who already has an Impact skill. I guess a similar idea would be to give Naesala Mirror Impact to make him even more of a counterpart to Tibarn. Given his defenses, Mirror Impact would make it easier for him to deal with magical units while Sturdy Impact would make it easier for him to deal with physical units.

Otherwise, I think Alfonse, puppet Delthea, Kagero, Saizo, and any other high resistance unit would be good users of it. Starting with the easy one, Kagero's Dart's unique refinement reduces the first hit she takes on initiation by 50%. Giving her either Mirror Impact or Sturdy Impact would lower a lot of the damage she takes and preventing follow-ups help since it only works on the first hit. That said, Death Blow, Fury, L&D3, etc. are cheaper and in the case of the stat increases, would work on both phases, so she could run Vantage if you wanted her to do that.

For Alfonse and Saizo, Mirror Impact would address their low resistance. In Brazen range, Alfonse can be deceptively bulky in either physical, magical, or both depending on what you pick for his Folkvangr's refinement and stat you decide to pile on him. I think he can even be fast, but anyway, either Impact preventing follow ups would allow him to safely get into Brazen range. With Sturdy, you're boosting his defense from 32 to 42 while with Mirror, you're boosting it from 22 to 32. In Brazen range, he's guaranteed at least Atk/Def+7. If you go with Brazen Atk/Res for his seal, then he's going to have Atk+14, Def+7, and Res+7 which would give him 65 Atk, 39 Def, and 29 Res where on initiation with Mirror Impact, he's going to have 71 Atk and 39 Res. It relies on being in Brazen and his first round of combat might not be good as a result. Regular Chrom with Seal Falchion could probably pull this off too, but his resistance is much lower than Alfonse's. Puppet Delthea would be doing the opposite and using Brazen to increase her decently high resistance after Death's Res+3. The issue is she won't be running Fury 3/4 which would make it easier for her to enter Desperation range like Celica does with Fury for unique refined Ragnarok. That does depend on the map or what you want to do with them.

Mirror Impact would allow Saizo to safely initiate against dragons, healers, and mages and his high defense should be fine against physical units. In either case, he would also deny a follow-up. It's not the same as completely avoiding damage with Watersweep or Windsweep or using a Firesweep archer, but Saizo keeps the ability to follow-up and doesn't need to pass a speed check. The problem is that it means he's not running a different A passive like Close Counter might be better if you can set up all the debuffs so he doesn't disintegrate against a dragon, healer, mage, or any unit really.

I mostly want Mirror Impact for Lunge on AI defense teams. While infantry units can Lunge, their movement is too low for that to be effective. Beast fliers can also Lunge, but they feel a bit less suited for it since they might attack from a mountain or forest or something and not be able to Lunge due to the player's unit not being able to go onto restricted terrain. Tibarn does work well with Mirror Impact, so I guess I can do that. For Naesala, I want to give him Sturdy Impact instead since his physical bulk is on the low side.

As a Player Phase player using Mirror Impact in my own hands, I do not really care about its follow-up prevention since whatever I am attacking will die on the second hit, so the follow-up prevention is kind of a moot point. The Res+10 is nice though for increasing a unit's durability so they are less dependent on heals between rounds of combat.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

Tibarn does work well with Mirror Impact, so I guess I can do that. For Naesala, I want to give him Sturdy Impact instead since his physical bulk is on the low side.

Yeah, if you're looking to boost their weaker defensive stat, Tibarn would want Mirror Impact when he has Sturdy Impact and Naesala would want Sturdy Impact from him. Quite a situation, huh?

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

As a Player Phase player using Mirror Impact in my own hands, I do not really care about its follow-up prevention since whatever I am attacking will die on the second hit, so the follow-up prevention is kind of a moot point. The Res+10 is nice though for increasing a unit's durability so they are less dependent on heals between rounds of combat.

It does help in the cases you're using a unit to attack someone they can't finish off, but that's a situation you usually want to avoid. It's why I can't think of a unit who would really want it unlike Sturdy Impact where it works so well with Flora and her Hoarfrost Knife when she can get Def+30 when initiating against a Distant Counter unit and the follow-up prevention is a safety net since she's likely to get doubled by everything.

That said, if you're looking to disrupt or wreak havoc, then preventing a follow-up and surviving works well which is what Naesala and Tibarn can do with Galeforce and Lunge. Otherwise, it's mostly the stat boosts on initiation that's important while the follow-up prevention is like an extra where its importance varies for the user, but it's still huge when it can save a unit's life. An example being the extreme bulk Alfonse can get from Brazen stacking lets him reliably run Brash Assault when he can shrug off attacks. Brash Assault 4 being introduced would be crazy for Alfonse since he'd only need to drop to <= 75% HP. I forgot to mention this for the Brazen units where because Impact is player phase, that means their enemy phase could be worse. Triple Brazen Alfonse, Chrom, puppet Delthea, and paladin Chrom and Peri for that matter even though they're cavalry can probably be very tanky with the stat(s) they're stacking.

Edited by Kaden

27 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, if you're looking to boost their weaker defensive stat, Tibarn would want Mirror Impact when he has Sturdy Impact and Naesala would want Sturdy Impact from him. Quite a situation, huh?

Yeah, I want them to have balanced lowish-medium bulk so their bulk is low enough to activate allies' Wings of Mercy relatively easily, but not so low that it risks them being killed in one shot.

27 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It does help in the cases you're using a unit to attack someone they can't finish off, but that's a situation you usually want to avoid. It's why I can't think of a unit who would really want it unlike Sturdy Impact where it works so well with Flora and her Hoarfrost Knife when she can get Def+30 when initiating against a Distant Counter unit and the follow-up prevention is a safety net since she's likely to get doubled by everything.

I can give it to Ephraim so he can more reliably take on dragons, although I do not use him very often since he is a melee unit and his follow-up requirement feels very high maintenance. I guess I could also give it to Líf whenever he is released. For Flora, I lean towards Sturdy Impact too. For Yune, I lean towards Sturdy Impact-Sabotage Res/Guard or Fury-Desperation.

Edited by XRay

@XRay, I just remembered someone else who could use Mirror Impact well: legendary Alm. There was a comment saying legendary Alm can survive most physical counter attacks, so Mirror Impact would help for magical damage. Sturdy Impact probably works well on him too.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

@XRay, I just remembered someone else who could use Mirror Impact well: legendary Alm. There was a comment saying legendary Alm can survive most physical counter attacks, so Mirror Impact would help for magical damage. Sturdy Impact probably works well on him too.

Hm... I am not really sure. His base physical bulk is only 66 while his magical bulk is only 62, so both feels really low. Flora in contrast has balanced 76 mixed bulk (factoring Hoarfrost Knife), so Sturdy Impact will can take that to a much safer 86 physical bulk.

If the average melee unit's base Atk is 35 and they wield Slaying Weapons with 14 Mt, that is 49 Atk. Super tanks with 2 M!Corrins/Kadens support can get another 12/16 Atk (assuming one of each Drive) for a total of 61/65 Atk. If the super tank runs Distant Counter-Moonbow, SK!Alm is basically dead. If he wants to kill melee units, I think he really needs Sturdy Impact to get his bulk up to 76. Keaton is like a huge fuck you to SK!Alm as he only got 50 something Atk, but his Meisterpaws cannot be Nulled away.

The latest dragons can hit a shit ton of raw Atk. DW!F!Corrin with her base Atk and Weapon can reach 68 Atk with 2 M!Corrins and she is too fast to double, and you cannot try to double her by Spd stacking or else SK!Alm does not have the bulk to eat the first counterattack. LD!Y!Tiki, DW!Y!Tiki, A!F!Corrin, and A!M!Corrin can trigger instant Moonbows for an instant game over like the above physical melee units. It feels like SK!Alm can only either take out physical melee units or only dragons, but not both.

I guess I will review my defense results and see how players set up their super tanks. I think SK!Alm was overhyped about his effectiveness against tanks, or at least he was pretty easy to manage when I run Sharena during her bonus weeks. He is about as threatening Lancebreaker Reinhardt which my Sharena had no problem shutting down. If I do decide to utilize SK!Alm, I might also need to invest a lot of merges into him to get his bulk up too, which I am not sure I can afford.

Edited by XRay

• 3 weeks later...

I got a spare Fallen Berkut from the Summer Banner and I'm not sure whether I should merge or fodder him for Warding Stance 4. Warding Stance 4 is a decent tier 4 skill, but I'm struggling to find a single unit who'd want to use it over DD4 or Warding Breath, aside from DC Cavalry like Xander and Camus, neither of whom I'm interested in building. My current Berkut is -Res +Atk, so he'd also get a net benefit of +6 to his stats after the first merge. 

11 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

I got a spare Fallen Berkut from the Summer Banner and I'm not sure whether I should merge or fodder him for Warding Stance 4. Warding Stance 4 is a decent tier 4 skill, but I'm struggling to find a single unit who'd want to use it over DD4 or Warding Breath, aside from DC Cavalry like Xander and Camus, neither of whom I'm interested in building. My current Berkut is -Res +Atk, so he'd also get a net benefit of +6 to his stats after the first merge. 

Res tanks would appreciate Warding Stance a lot.

Felicia has two main approaches to handle magic nukes: walling and double prevention. For this example, we will just focus on walling.

Felicia's Plate [special]

Swap

Moonbow (with Distant Def) -- Glacies (with Quick Riposte)

Warding Stance 4

Dull Range

(Any C)

Distant Def -- Quick Riposte

Moonbow-Distant Def can wall and defang even some of the most hard hitting nukes, but Blazing mages and Pulse mages might still be able to break through though so exercise caution against them. Glacies-Quick Riposte is better when you do not need insane walling abilities and need more fire power instead.

• 2 weeks later...

About Kronya

Spoiler

I intend to build her and just have some interesting skills left for her.
I have Close Counter and Special Spiral fodder and I think this just might be fitting for her.

So my intention is to build her like this.

Assist= Flexibel 
Special = I don't know if Glimmer or Moonbow will be enough because of her lacking attack.

A= CC
B= Special Spiral
C= Savage Blow
Seal = Fierce Stance? Savage Blow or Poison Blow?

I think it kind of works out well if she attacks a unit which cannot counter her and deal Savage blow Damage to the surrounding units, so she can have priority on countering the others which will her attack next. Special Spiral should enable her to make that attack with a Special if she is set up. But specials with Cooldown 2 and her Attack may not be enough.. and Even totally merged up + Dragonflowers she will have like 50 Attack without support. Which is not enough in most of the Meta I think. But her weapon implies that it could work and would at least increase it to 55. But this set does not make much use of her little bulk she has...

The other thing is that I have Ophelia in my Barracks who would also profit from Special Spiral, but normally I have my Sonya for this job. 

Edited by Stroud

19 hours ago, Stroud said:

About Kronya

Hide contents

I have Close Counter and Special Spiral fodder and I think this just might be fitting for her.

Assist= Flexibel 
Special = I don't know if Glimmer or Moonbow will be enough because of her lacking attack.

A= CC
B= Special Spiral
C= Savage Blow

I think it kind of works out well if she attacks a unit which cannot counter her and deal Savage blow Damage to the surrounding units, so she can have priority on countering the others which will her attack next. Special Spiral should enable her to make that attack with a Special if she is set up. But specials with Cooldown 2 and her Attack may not be enough.. and Even totally merged up + Dragonflowers she will have like 50 Attack without support. Which is not enough in most of the Meta I think. But her weapon implies that it could work and would at least increase it to 55. But this set does not make much use of her little bulk she has...

The other thing is that I have Ophelia in my Barracks who would also profit from Special Spiral, but normally I have my Sonya for this job. 

Quoting myself earlier from the Three Houses Focus thread:

On 7/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, XRay said:

Reinhardt +Atk — 35 Atk
Blárblade — 13 Mt + 24 Atk
Reposition
Moonbow
Close Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow/Res Smoke — "7 Atk"
Brazen Atk/Def — 7 Atk
Buffs 6/6/6/6 — 6 Atk
Total: 85 guaranteed Atk + 7 conditional Atk = 92 Atk

Laevatein +Atk — 40 Atk
Laevatein — 19 Mt + 24 Atk
Reposition
Moonbow
 Distant Counter
Vantage
Savage Blow/Def Smoke — "7 Atk"
Brazen Atk/Def — 7 Atk
Buffs 6/6/6/6 — 6 Atk
Total: 96 guaranteed Atk + 7 conditional Atk = 103 Atk

Spoilers just in case:

Hide contents   Hide contents

Kronya — 31 Atk
Athame — 14 Atk + "5 Atk" + "7 Atk"
Reposition
 Ruptured Sky ~14 Atk (Assuming 70 Average Atk.)
Close Counter
Special Spiral
 Savage Blow — "7 Atk"
Brazen Atk/Spd — 7 Atk
Buffs 6/6/6/6 — 6 Atk
Total: ~72 guaranteed Atk + 5 conditional Atk +14 conditional Atk = 91 Atk

I guess Kronya can sort of work if you Smite her right into the foe's face, but enemies are not always bunched up like that. Kronya's first round of combat also lacks 19 conditional Atk in her first round of combat, and that huge chunk of Atk is conditional on enemies being bunched up AND not have Healing Tower (D).

And unlike Blade mages who just need VS!Azura and a Bolt Trap to set up, in addition to that, Kronya is also going to at least need Velouria just to get Ruptured Sky-Special Spiral ready and maybe Duma if the player wants to salvage 12 out of 19 conditional Atk for her first round combat.

Compared to Blade mages, Kronya is more difficult to set up and her Atk is much less reliable.

And more additional comments in spoilers:

Spoiler

Almost always Moonbow. Moonbow for 99% of Player Phase builds. Glimmer is only used if you are dealing an insane amount of damage, like Blade mages or units with effective Weapons. Even for Blade mages, I still recommend Moonbow along side Glimmer instead of Glimmer alone because Glimmer is not effective against Res tanks. Ruptured Sky might also be an option, but it is really expensive right now and it is not in the calculator yet so I am not sure how effective it is.

Counter-Vantage units should run Brazen Atk/Stat, Brazen Atk/Spd in this case, on the Sacred Seal slot since it provides the most guaranteed Atk and it works on both Phases. Fierce Stance is missing 1 Atk and it does not work on Player Phase. Savage Blow is conditional damage so it does not affect enemies outside its range and it does not work on Enemy Phase (if you need Kronya to sit at the edge of enemy range instead of moving in to Atk, Kronya cannot take advantage of additional conditional Atk from Savage Blow or her dagger); it is stackable on Player Phase though, but you have to judge for yourself how often you can reliably stack it.

Also a word of caution, Kronya has a shit ton of HP, which is a bad thing for Counter-Vantage units. There are some level 1 Bolt Traps designed to foil Counter-Vantage units, and Kronya's HP is really, really high. Most Bolt Traps are level 2 or higher so you usually do not have to worry about it, but I have been duped with level 1 Bolt Traps before and it totally ruined my Counter-Vantage Laevatein.

Ignore the crossed out paragraph.

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, XRay said:
Spoiler

Also a word of caution, Kronya has a shit ton of HP, which is a bad thing for Counter-Vantage units. There are some level 1 Bolt Traps designed to foil Counter-Vantage units, and Kronya's HP is really, really high. Most Bolt Traps are level 2 or higher so you usually do not have to worry about it, but I have been duped with level 1 Bolt Traps before and it totally ruined my Counter-Vantage Laevatein.

Regarding Kronyas weapon:

Spoiler

Her Vantage effect doesn't rely on her HP, but on that of her foes:

At start of combat, if foe’s HP < 100%, grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat, and if foe initiates combat, unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack.

58 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Regarding Kronyas weapon:

Hide contents

Her Vantage effect doesn't rely on her HP, but on that of her foes:

@Stroud

Spoiler

Ah okay. That makes Duma kind of mandatory, and even then, any healer or healing tower would render the strategy unreliable or very difficult to pull off. Might be better to just bring 4 Dumas (or any combination of Dumas, FH!Takumis, Gharnefs, and Garons) and run Null C-Disrupt instead.

She basically needs a whole team to be built around her, and healers and healing towers are in most of the maps. I guess if the player has not filled all five of teams yet, it does not hurt to have a whole dedicated to one unit like a super tank team, but if the player already has all five teams filled up, I am not sure if it is worth to replace an entire team that can utilize different tactics with one team that can only do one thing.

Spoiler
50 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ah okay. That makes Duma kind of mandatory, and even then, any healer or healing tower would render the strategy unreliable or very difficult to pull off. Might be better to just bring 4 Dumas (or any combination of Dumas, FH!Takumis, Gharnefs, and Garons) and run Null C-Disrupt instead.

She basically needs a whole team to be built around her, and healers and healing towers are in most of the maps. I guess if the player has not filled all five of teams yet, it does not hurt to have a whole dedicated to one unit like a super tank team, but if the player already has all five teams filled up, I am not sure if it is worth to replace an entire team that can utilize different tactics with one team that can only do one thing.

Yeah, this makes it hard to setup, I trained myself to use only 1 team for each season so I have 4 slots for either of them left. Because these teams work overall so well and can technically beat 90-95% of all AR teams as long as I don't mess up, of course not perfectly.

And Kronya may have some tools, but just not the stats and certainty that it works out, I have no Duma at the moment. With one Duma I could take out the Healing tower and with Cronya I would need to take out the healer. Unless there is a way in future to block healers from healing.

I guess a mixed build would be more ok, maybe I just delay building her until there is really something new which has a big sync with her. But with the inbuild desperation and access to brazen skills she has more budget options to fulfill her role.. 

Also I don't even have Duma. And rather have units which give additional lift so I can push one unit forward and feel not bad losing the unit.

Edited by Stroud

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

There is: Bride Fjorm.

Might be an Idea, I will see on what Legendary Banner she will appear. Hopefully along with someone like Eir, at least some Colorless which is worth pulling for me.

Edited by Stroud

36 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Might be an Idea, I will see on what Legendary Banner she will appear. Hopefully along with someone like Eir, at least some Colorless which is worth pulling for me.

Good luck then! I wouldn't mind getting her myself one day. 

On 7/22/2019 at 10:02 PM, Stroud said:

About Kronya

Hide contents

Assist= Flexibel 

A= CC
B= Special Spiral
C= Savage Blow

fully upgrade Bolttower and work from there.