Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I have a +Atk M!Morgan.  So what builds would make him even more of a nuke to OKO any units that don't have massive res?

Most mages want Blade tomes, especially with how easy it is to get 6/6/6/6 if you have VS!Azura nowadays. Blade mages generally want +Spd over +Atk, but +Atk will be fine until you get a +Spd copy.

+Spd

Rauđrblade

Reposition

Moonbow - Glimmer

(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd)

Desperation

(Any C)

Darting Blow - Atk/Spd

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Most mages want Blade tomes, especially with how easy it is to get 6/6/6/6 if you have VS!Azura nowadays. Blade mages generally want +Spd over +Atk, but +Atk will be fine until you get a +Spd copy.

+Spd

Rauđrblade

Reposition

Moonbow - Glimmer

Desperation

(Any C)

Darting Blow - Atk/Spd

I see thank you.

On 2.3.2019 at 11:36 PM, XRay said:

+Spd is better if you do not think you will use Reyson much as a combat unit.

With some exceptions, I personally prefer +Atk on most of my Dancers/Singers so they can fight better if they need to. For Reyson, I prefer +Atk so he can better fight against dragons.

Okay, so if I understand this correctly: +Spd is superior on dancers who don't fight in order to have an easier time surviving stray hits and for general utility. +Atk however is better on those that regularly do see combat or are specific colour counters.
I don't know, in general I don't really use them much in battle... So +Spd would be preferred? Or still +Atk for the few cases when they actually do enter combat?

I personally do not like Ardent Sacrifice on nukes since it means they are not running Reposition. Without Reposition, it makes using them quite a bit more difficult to use with Dancers/Singers.If you are having trouble getting units into Desperation range, then I would run Fury.

Draw Back also works fine on ranged characters, right? Because out of all the fodder I have, Reposition is the only one available in rather limited quantity.

Spurs are okay on Enemy Phase teams since positioning requirements are easier to meet, but Drives are still better in my opinion for the increase in range. I am not a huge fan of Threatens since the range is not far enough to be effective.

Hm, okay... So for player phase teams, just spreading around Hones would be better?
And yeah, I was seeing a lot of Threaten skills around on glass canons during the last Voting Gauntlet, so I kind of wondered whether they were any good, since the positioning required to get them to work seems to be tricky at best.

The general goal to achieve is to either prioritize first round performance or to activate a Special during every round of combat (or at least activate it as frequently as possible). Attack rhythm and skills also matter, so while Slaying-Moonbow or Slaying-Ignis/Glacies is the general guideline for Player Phase and Enemy Phase units, you still might want to run lower cooldown Specials or skills that increase Special charge rate to make sure they can activate Specials reliably.

I generally do not use Glimmer unless the unit is running Triangle Adept and/or effective Weapons since they can deal high damage numbers.

Julia is usually an Enemy Phase unit, so she should generally be running Iceberg. However, if the foes she face are too slow to double her consistently, then she should run Moonbow. Even for really slow units like Effie, Slaying-Moonbow-Vengeful Fighter is still good option if she frequently encounters slow foes with Guard who would have normally denied her Special from activating.

Okay... So what about units with Wary Fighter, since their attack rhythm can be kind of weird at times? I assume 3 turn specials would be ideal here?

Also, on another note... What are good options for the B slot of Firesweep users? I know that Chill skills are popular here, but those are rather expensive, so... Poison Blade instead? Or Drag Back? Or a Breaker?

And finally: Sturdy Stance seems to be superior to Steady Stance on a lot of enemy phase tanks like Shiro, the Black Knight or Gerome (with Slaying Axe + Quick Riposte)... But do you think the performance difference is big enough to start buring some grails on Halloween Dorcas in order to get the necessary fodder?

4 hours ago, Sias said:

Okay, so if I understand this correctly: +Spd is superior on dancers who don't fight in order to have an easier time surviving stray hits and for general utility. +Atk however is better on those that regularly do see combat or are specific colour counters.
I don't know, in general I don't really use them much in battle... So +Spd would be preferred? Or still +Atk for the few cases when they actually do enter combat?

Go with +Spd.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

Draw Back also works fine on ranged characters, right? Because out of all the fodder I have, Reposition is the only one available in rather limited quantity.

Draw Back is okay. The problem I have with Draw Back is that it leaves the Dancer/Singer between your nuke and foes, so the Dancer/Singer gets in the way of your nuke.

If possible though, I recommend Reposition on all Player Phase ranged nukes, since they can utilize the skill the best. To make sure I have enough Repositions available, I generally only give it ranged Player Phase nukes.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

Hm, okay... So for player phase teams, just spreading around Hones would be better?

Yeah, primarily Hone Attack and Hone Speed. Fortify Defense and Fortify Resistance are also okay if you have Blade mages on the team to boost their Atk.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

And yeah, I was seeing a lot of Threaten skills around on glass canons during the last Voting Gauntlet, so I kind of wondered whether they were any good, since the positioning required to get them to work seems to be tricky at best.

Players probably just slapped something together as cheaply as possible.

4 hours ago, Sias said:

Okay... So what about units with Wary Fighter, since their attack rhythm can be kind of weird at times? I assume 3 turn specials would be ideal here?

Against most Wary Fighter foes, you cannot really do much against them unless you run double Quick Riposte or kill them in one shot. In my opinion, Wary Fighter foes are dangerous primarily due to their ability to summon Wings of Mercy teammates, but if there are not any Wings of Mercy foes and you are not on some kind of turn limit like in Aether Raids, Wary Fighter foes are pretty harmless.

Against Wary Fighter foes, I recommend running Counter-Vantage units since they are designed to kill things in one shot. A neutral Laevatein can hit 93 Atk for example, and that is enough to kill most armor units that are not blue in one shot. The best Counter-Vantage units are units with high Atk or can simulate high Atk. The best known examples are Blade mages, but Pain healers, Laevatein, Ares, Keaton, and WOT!Reinhardt can also do it.

Counter-Vantage:
+Atk
(Appropriate Weapon)
(Any Assist)
Moonbow — Bonfire (for Ares) — (Any Special)
Distant Counter — Close Counter
Vantage
Def Smoke — Res Smoke — Savage Blow — (Any C)
Brazen Atk/Def — Brazen Atk/Res — Savage Blow

4 hours ago, Sias said:

Also, on another note... What are good options for the B slot of Firesweep users? I know that Chill skills are popular here, but those are rather expensive, so... Poison Blade instead? Or Drag Back? Or a Breaker?

I personally prefer Poison Strike-Poison Strike on my Firesweep archers, as -20 HP will quickly whittle down even the bulkiest unit.

For Firesweep melee units, the only ones I use are the flying ones. Grounded Firesweep melee units are too inflexible movement wise. My flying Firesweep units and flying slow Brave units have Hit and Run on their B slot, so they play pretty similarly to my flying ranged units

4 hours ago, Sias said:

And finally: Sturdy Stance seems to be superior to Steady Stance on a lot of enemy phase tanks like Shiro, the Black Knight or Gerome (with Slaying Axe + Quick Riposte)... But do you think the performance difference is big enough to start buring some grails on Halloween Dorcas in order to get the necessary fodder?

Sturdy Stance is better on slow Def tanks, while Steady Stance is better on Spd tanks.

I would not use Grails for Sturdy Stance since Fury is available in the 3*-4* pool and it is only Atk/Def -1 in comparison. Fury does not mesh well with Quick Riposte in long matches, but in short matches the recoil does not matter since the unit will face one or two rounds of combat at most; if you bring a healer on to the team, then the recoil damage does not matter at all.

With Darting Stance available as a Sacred Seal, Shiro can go either way as Def tank or Spd tank. Black Knight is better as a Spd tank in my opinion, although it depends on the foes he face, since being a Spd tank is not going to help him much against Bold Fighter armor units. Gerome can definitely function as a Def tank, although I personally prefer to use him as a Player Phase Brave nuke like his mother to better utilize his high mobility.

Edited by XRay

What's the best build for a +Atk/-Res Glorious Archer Lucina?  I'm debating on brave bow +/atk buffs I think to have her OKO enemies before they have the shot to get to her but I do like her Prf.

11 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

What's the best build for a +Atk/-Res Glorious Archer Lucina?  I'm debating on brave bow +/atk buffs I think to have her OKO enemies before they have the shot to get to her but I do like her Prf.

I would stick with Thögn unless you are willing to set up Desperation for quad Brave Bow attacks. Slow Brave's performance is not that much better than Thögn's performance, so if you want your 20,000 Feather investment to mean something, you will need a quad Brave build.

Brave Bow-Death Blow Full HP
155:63:30
Thögn Full HP
155:77:16
Brave Bow-Life and Death Full HP
138:90:20

Brave Bow Death Blow 1 HP
146:86:16
Thögn 1 HP
166:73:9
Brave Bow-Life and Death 1 HP
171:65:12

Challenger List: Both sides are +10 with 6/6/6/6 buffs.

Spoiler

CHALLENGER LIST  
Lucina (GA) (5*+10 +atk -res)  
Weapon: Thogn  
Special: Moonbow  
A: Swift Sparrow 2  
B: Desperation 3  
C: Distant Guard 3  
S: Atk Spd 2  

Weapon: Brave Bow+  
A: Death Blow 4  
B: Guard 3  
S: Heavy Blade 3  

A: Death Blow 4  
S: Darting Blow 3  

A: Sturdy Impact  

A: Sturdy Impact  
B: Guard 3  

A: Life and Death 3  
S: Brazen Atk Def 3  

A: Brazen Atk Spd 3  
S: Brazen Atk Def 3 

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

For Klein, which build would be best?

Argent Bow +Eff

Life & Death 3

Desperation 3

Odd Attack Wave 3

Argent Bow +Eff

Swift Sparrow 2

Desperation 3

Odd Attack Wave 3

Argent Bow + Effect

Swift Sparrow 2

Chill Spd 3

Odd Attack Wave 3

I will just quote myself:

On 3/8/2019 at 10:44 AM, XRay said:

Both quad Brave and slow Brave sets prefer +Atk. Quad Brave sets can run +Spd as well, but it is generally less optimal outside of a very specific set.

Quad Brave
+Atk/Spd
Argent Bow [special]Argent Bow [Spd] — Argent Bow [Atk]
Reposition
Luna
(Any A that boosts Atk/Spd) — Brazen Atk/Spd
Desperation
(Any C)

Darting Blow — Brazen Atk/DefBrazen Atk/Res — Atk/Spd
Against non Chilled enemies or if you do not want to bother with Chill Def, skill set in blue has practically the best performance (not factoring Chill Def, slow Brave set in green with Brazen Sacred Seal has the best performance), but it may be difficult to enter Desperation range. The only way another quad Brave set can beat blue is the red skill set with Chill Def always active against the right foes at the right time. Similarly, the only way for a slow Brave set to beat blue is if they run a Brazen in their Sacred Seal slot or have Chill Def active.

Slow Brave
+Atk
Argent Bow [special] — Argent Bow [Atk]
Reposition
Luna — Moonbow
Death Blow
(Any B) — Special Spiral
(Any C)
Attack +3 Brazen Atk/DefBrazen Atk/Res — Hardy Bearing — Quickened Pulse
Against non Chilled enemies or if you do not want to bother with Chill Def, skill set in green has the best performance, but setting it up could be difficult.
If you encounter a lot of foes with skills like Guard, you may want to switch to Moonbow so a Special will always be active

Since you seem to prefer giving Klein some Spd, I assume you want him to perform quad attacks. If that is the case, I recommend running Desperation.

As for the A skill, you should pick one that allows you to enter Desperation range the easiest. Some prefer Swift Sparrow, some prefer Life and Death, some prefer one skill on certain characters but the other skill on other characters. As long as you can easily enter Desperation range, there is no single right choice for the A slot.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I will just quote myself:

Since you seem to prefer giving Klein some Spd, I assume you want him to perform quad attacks. If that is the case, I recommend running Desperation.

As for the A skill, you should pick one that allows you to enter Desperation range the easiest. Some prefer Swift Sparrow, some prefer Life and Death, some prefer one skill on certain characters but the other skill on other characters. As long as you can easily enter Desperation range, there is no single right choice for the A slot.

So Brazen Atk/Spd outperforms either Life and Death or Swift Sparrow?

My current plan is to try and get both Swift Sparrow 2 and Odd Attack Wave 3 from Ishtar, so I can experiment with both SS2 and L&D3.

5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So Brazen Atk/Spd outperforms either Life and Death or Swift Sparrow?

Only if you are willing to go through the trouble of setting it up. Brazens trash his first round performance, so I would not recommend it for Arena. It is okay in Aether Raids since there are plenty of Bolt Traps. Arena Assault is also fine since you can preview the enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Special Spiral worth it on Lilina (she's one of my +10s), or should I save it for someone with a -1 cooldown weapon so I can spam AOEs?

Already used one copy for Ophelia. Navarre looks like he's the second best user of the skill.

Derp, forgot Heavy Blade and/or Infantry Rush exist. Lilina gets the second copy of Special Spiral.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

12 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

So I got a spare Eir from the latest banner and I’m looking to fodder her. Is there anything really cool I can do with Mystic Boost or Sparkling boost or any of her other skills I should know about?

Mystic Boost is mostly for dealing with dragons and healers, and sort of keeping Push skills active.

Ares can use it to spam Miracle and make him nearly invincible as long as he avoids doubles.

I obtained a +Spd Soren in my exhaustive hunt for Yune yesterday, and now I can make my Like-Micaiah-Soren-Sothe dream team happen.

The Like is the freebie neutral, Micaiah is +Atk -Def, and Sothe is -HP +Spd. None have received any SI so far. I also have 600 Sacred Coins unspent and haven't enhanced or forged a single Seal of my limited collection beyond Iote's Shield.

Now, how would I go about making this a generally good team? A few comments of my own, although I'm open to more advice than just this.:

Like:

• He is my only physically durable unit on this team, and I guess could handle some mages as well if armed properly. So he'll have to tank everything.
  • With that in mind, should I craft and enhance the Darting Stance Sacred Seal for him? He is a little slow, it'd help both for durability and EP offense.
  • Def Tactic has to go since this is pure Infantry, what to replace it with?
  • What would also be good for the B slot? Is there better than his default Seal Atk/Def? QR maybe?

Micaiah:

• If she kept Sacrifice, then would Guard be better sidelined and swapped with Renewal? Any other B suggestions?
  • Is her Spd a lost cause, or do I have the means to salvage it?
  • Good pick of Sacred Seal for her?

Soren:

• Since Sothe has Peshkatz, does this mean Gronnblade is good here? Or is there a better weapon for this team?
  • Would Darting Blow be good for both his A Slot and Sacred Seal? Just one? None?

Sothe:

• Desperation for the B slot? 

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Like:

• He is my only physically durable unit on this team, and I guess could handle some mages as well if armed properly. So he'll have to tank everything.
  • With that in mind, should I craft and enhance the Darting Stance Sacred Seal for him? He is a little slow, it'd help both for durability and EP offense.
  • Def Tactic has to go since this is pure Infantry, what to replace it with?
  • What would also be good for the B slot? Is there better than his default Seal Atk/Def? QR maybe?

I would go with Quick Riposte for his B slot.

For his C slot, I would go with Hone Atk for everyone, Hone Spd for Sothe and Soren, or Hone Res for Soren and Micaiah.

If you want him to tank reds as well, I recommend using Spd/Res Bond over Darting Stance, since it boosts both his Spd and Res. I prefer Bond skills on Enemy Phase units since it is easier for Enemy Phase units be next to allies.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Micaiah:

• If she kept Sacrifice, then would Guard be better sidelined and swapped with Renewal? Any other B suggestions?
  • Is her Spd a lost cause, or do I have the means to salvage it?
  • Good pick of Sacred Seal for her?

For her B slot, it depends on how much you need her as an HP battery. If you need her to be a healer, then Renewal would be good. If you do not need her to be a healer, then I would get rid of Sacrifice and run a movement Assist and keep her B slot as Guard. I would run Quick Riposte on her Sacred Seal slot. I would also run Iceberg or Moonbow depending on how often enemies double her.

If you want to salvage her Spd and use her as a Player Phase unit, it is going to require quite a bit of overhaul.
Blárblade
Reposition
Moonbow — Glimmer
Desperation
(Any C)
Darting Blow

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soren:

• Since Sothe has Peshkatz, does this mean Gronnblade is good here? Or is there a better weapon for this team?
  • Would Darting Blow be good for both his A Slot and Sacred Seal? Just one? None?

Chill Atk from Wind's Brand is useful for helping VL!Ike and Micaiah tank, but if you do not think you need it, then I would run Gronnblade instead.

Soren can be a mixed phase unit with Fury, so you have the option of using him as a Player Phase or Enemy Phase unit for his first round of combat. I would run him as a mixed phase unit until you figure out whether you want him more as an Enemy Phase unit or Player Phase unit or just keep him as a mixed phase unit.

Mixed Phase:
Wind's Brand [Spd] — Gronnblade
Reposition
Moonbow
Fury
Desperation
(Any C)
Atk/Spd — Speed +3

Player Phase:
Gronnblade — Wind's Brand [Spd]
Reposition
Moonbow
Desperation
(Any C)
Darting Blow — Atk/Spd

Enemy Phase:
Wind's Brand [special]
Reposition — Swap
Moonbow
(Any A that boosts Spd/Res)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Darting Stance — Spd/Res Bond — Distant Def — Quick Riposte

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sothe:

• Desperation for the B slot? 

Yep. If he has trouble getting into Desperation because he is too frail, you can run Fury instead of Life and Death. I would also replace Glimmer with Moonbow.

14 minutes ago, Jave said:

What's a good budget A-skill for Legendary Azura? I'm mostly keeping her as support and she's +Res -Atk.

Fury gives her well rounded bulk. If Fury is not affordable, there is always Speed +3 or Resistance +3

26 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Any suggestions for a +Atk Henry?  I've been debating how to build him.

If you just need someone to fill up your Barracks for Arena Assault, he is an okay Raven mage.

Rauðrraven
(Any Assist)
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Bowbreaker
(Any C)
Atk/Def — Attack +3

If you want to actually use him, his Atk is pretty abysmal so it makes him pretty difficult to use. He cannot really tank sword nukes (Soleil and HK!Marth destroy Henry), so I am not sure Close Counter is worth it. With Close Counter, he can still tank slow Brave archers and quad Brave archers, but he cannot tank faster archers running slow Brave builds (he needs Steady Stance tank those). If he is running Steady Stance, he is basically just tanking physical ranged units, which is a bit niche in my opinion.

Rauðrowl [Def]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Steady Stance — Atk/Def Bond — Close Counter (?)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Close Def — Quick Riposte

2 hours ago, XRay said:

If you just need someone to fill up your Barracks for Arena Assault, he is an okay Raven mage.

Rauðrraven
(Any Assist)
Glimmer
Triangle Adept
Bowbreaker
(Any C)
Atk/Def — Attack +3

If you want to actually use him, his Atk is pretty abysmal so it makes him pretty difficult to use. He cannot really tank sword nukes (Soleil and HK!Marth destroy Henry), so I am not sure Close Counter is worth it. With Close Counter, he can still tank slow Brave archers and quad Brave archers, but he cannot tank faster archers running slow Brave builds (he needs Steady Stance tank those). If he is running Steady Stance, he is basically just tanking physical ranged units, which is a bit niche in my opinion.

Rauðrowl [Def]
(Any Assist)
Bonfire
Steady Stance — Atk/Def Bond — Close Counter (?)
Quick Riposte — Guard
(Any C)
Atk/Def Bond — Close Def — Quick Riposte

Would he make good use out of double savage blow or would that not be advised?

5 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Would he make good use out of double savage blow or would that not be advised?

Henry's Player Phase is pathetic, so I do not recommend Savage Blow unless it is against a unit that cannot counterattack and Henry still needs his Sacred Seal slot for increasing his stats or run Quick Riposte, so at best Henry can run one Savage Blow on his C slot and that is not exactly reliable.

If you want something similar to Savage Blow, I would run Res Smoke on the C slot instead since it is active on both phases.

On 01/04/2019 at 12:46 AM, XRay said:

Henry's Player Phase is pathetic, so I do not recommend Savage Blow unless it is against a unit that cannot counterattack and Henry still needs his Sacred Seal slot for increasing his stats or run Quick Riposte, so at best Henry can run one Savage Blow on his C slot and that is not exactly reliable.

If you want something similar to Savage Blow, I would run Res Smoke on the C slot instead since it is active on both phases.

Sweet I'll have to see who can fodder that for him.

Eta: Would Morgan make a good candidate for double savage blow?

Edited by TheSilentChloey

• 2 weeks later...

I'm debating on a good mixed phase build for my +Def FH!M!Robin.  Currently @ 2+ Merges and planned to go the full 10 + so advice for a good skillset will be seriously consided.  No skill would be too Premium for him because I really want to build my Tank Husbando up.

He's currently running this set up:

Spoiler

chloey_s_fh_robin_m_by_thesilentchloey_d

He also already has a few skills inherited as well.

2 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

I'm debating on a good mixed phase build for my +Def FH!M!Robin.  Currently @ 2+ Merges and planned to go the full 10 + so advice for a good skillset will be seriously consided.  No skill would be too Premium for him because I really want to build my Tank Husbando up.

He's currently running this set up:

Reveal hidden contents

chloey_s_fh_robin_m_by_thesilentchloey_d

He also already has a few skills inherited as well.

Dual phase builds for armors that already has Distant Counter runs the following:

(Distant Counter Weapon)

Reposition -- Swap

Moonbow

Steady Breath -- Warding Breath -- Darting Breath (not released yet; only if the armor has decent Spd)

Bold Fighter

Armor March -- Hone Armor -- Hone Atk 4 -- Atk Tactic -- Joint Hone Atk

Quick Riposte

I lean towards Reposition since he is basically a super infantry unit with Armor March.

Assuming the foe does not have any Guard effects, FH!M!Robin will always activate a Special regardless of their Spd and ability to counter attack. You can run Bonfire or Luna, but that means he will not be able to activate a Special on Player Phase if the foe cannot counterattack, and he cannot activate a Special on Enemy Phase either if the foe is too slow to double him.

For his A skill, I would go with Warding Breath for better magic bulk on Enemy Phase.

For his C slot, if he is running Armor March, then his partner should run one of the Hones. If he is running Hones, then his partner should run Armor March.

Edited by XRay