Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

2 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

I'm terribly confused why suddenly my screenshots are too big to attach...

Anyhow, @Kiran, I've been told Tharja (4*, level 37 at the moment) and Ephraim (5*, level 40) can be useful for this map.  I also have 5* level 40 Caeda, Hawkeye, Camilla, and Takumi, in addition to my Nino and Minerva.

Lissa and Cordelia are 4* and level 40, almost-40 4*s besides Tharja are Reinhardt, Frederick, Stahl...

That's probably all I have that could be useful?  Palla seems to be useful here, but mine's only a 3* at level 25.

Minerva, tharja, ephraim, and Takumi. If you have Narcian use him instead of Minnie.

If anyone tells you to bring a dancer ignore them. Especially of their name is MrSmokeStack or MaskedAmpharos. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Anyhow, @Kiran, I've been told Tharja (4*, level 37 at the moment) and Ephraim (5*, level 40) can be useful for this map.  I also have 5* level 40 Caeda, Hawkeye, Camilla, and Takumi, in addition to my Nino and Minerva.

Lissa and Cordelia are 4* and level 40, almost-40 4*s besides Tharja are Reinhardt, Frederick, Stahl...

That's probably all I have that could be useful?  Palla seems to be useful here, but mine's only a 3* at level 25.

I completed the map using a +def 4*Tharja (+hp would work too), Takumi, Minerva, and Ephraim. 

Though Takumi, Tharja, Cordelia, and Olivia should work as well. 

Edited by Kiran

4 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Oh, wait, you have Nino.  This will work~!

Ephraim, Olivia, Nino, Takumi.  Have Ephraim walk into range of Michalis on the right, dance Ephraim, then have him smack the sword cavalier.  Have Nino yank Olivia out of range of everything.  Takumi's job is to go murder mode on the non-MIchalis fliers.  Nino should be able to kill Michalis with some help from Olivia.  Keep in mind that Olivia may need to tank a hit somewhere, so be careful!

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Minerva, tharja, ephraim, and Takumi. If you have Narcian use him instead of Minnie.

If anyone tells you to bring a dancer ignore them. Especially of their name is MrSmokeStack or MaskedAmpharos. 

Tee-hee~!

@Arcanite I have Narcian, but only the weaker one, and he's not leveled at all.

@Kiran My Tharja seems to be...+def/-atk?

I suppose I shall try this team.  Should I take the time to get the extra 3 levels on my Tharja?  I'm thinking yes, but she seems to be taking so long to level lol.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Oh, wait, you have Nino.  This will work~!

Ephraim, Olivia, Nino, Takumi.  Have Ephraim walk into range of Michalis on the right, dance Ephraim, then have him smack the sword cavalier.  Have Nino yank Olivia out of range of everything.  Takumi's job is to go murder mode on the non-MIchalis fliers.  Nino should be able to kill Michalis with some help from Olivia.  Keep in mind that Olivia may need to tank a hit somewhere, so be careful!

Tee-hee~!

Hmmf

Looks like you've joined the dark side.

@Nyaoista looks like you got a decision to make. You either go with my team where everyone has a job to do or you go with Eclipse's team where one person's job is to not die and do the electric slide in front of your units.

Leveling Tharja may not be neccesary. Give me her stats so I can see if she can orko Michalis. If she can then you'll be fine. Don't worry I won't screw up this time!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Hmmf

Looks like you've joined the dark side.

@Nyaoista looks like you got a decision to make. You either go with my team where everyone has a job to do or you go with Eclipse's team where one person's job is to not die and do the electric slide in front of your units.

Leveling Tharja may not be neccesary. Give me her stats so I can see if she can orko Michalis. If she can then you'll be fine. Don't worry I won't screw up this time!

It should've been apparent when I had Raigh kick Michalis' butt. :P:

Anyway, Tharja will need 41 MT for the Olivia ORKO method.

1 minute ago, Nyaoista said:

@Arcanite I have Narcian, but only the weaker one, and he's not leveled at all.

@Kiran My Tharja seems to be...+def/-atk?

I suppose I shall try this team.  Should I take the time to get the extra 3 levels on my Tharja?  I'm thinking yes, but she seems to be taking so long to level lol.

I just redid the map for some testing. Takumi, Tharja (any, your current level should work.), Ephraim, and Olivia will prevail.

Turn 1: Takumi takes out blue peg, Olivia dances him so he attacks red cav. Red cav will suicide on Takumi on enemy phase.

Turn 2: Mike will move down, use Tharja + Olivia to take him down. Takumi will kill red peg.

Turn 3: Ephraim + Takumi vs blue infantry. 

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It should've been apparent when I had Raigh kick Michalis' butt. :P:

Anyway, Tharja will need 41 MT for the Olivia ORKO method.

Heh yeah, made sure you went and did the calculations yourself so I wouldn't screw it up even more huh? Well Played

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I just redid the map for some testing. Takumi, Tharja (any, your current level should work.), Ephraim, and Olivia will prevail.

Turn 1: Takumi takes out blue peg, Olivia dances him so he attacks red cav. Red cav will suicide on Takumi on enemy phase.

Turn 2: Mike will move down, use Tharja + Olivia to take him down. Takumi will kill red peg.

Turn 3: Ephraim + Takumi vs blue infantry. 

Psh if you're cool @Nyaoista you'll use my team cause . . . . . . . . .

I dunno. . . . . . . .

You're probably doing these exact turns right now so I guess I'll say congrats in advance . . . . . . 

Guys, I beat it with your help (thank yooou all so much, ahhh! Now I have an Iote to strip!)

@Kiran

@Arcanite, I did end up using the Olivia, because...as much as I love this game, I suck at it (so yes, basically, if I was cool I'd have been able to do it your way :p), and my full-game experiences tend to rely on much resetting until the pretty characters can beat the level lol, so I wasn't able to get it to work with Minerva. x.x  I tried though! <3

Edited by Nyaoista

23 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Guys, I beat it with your help (thank yooou all so much, ahhh! Now I have an Iote to strip!)

@Kiran

@Arcanite, I did end up using the Olivia, because...as much as I love this game, I suck at it (so yes, basically, if I was cool I'd have been able to do it your way :p), and my full-game experiences tend to rely on much resetting until the pretty characters can beat the level lol, so I wasn't able to get it to work with Minerva. x.x  I tried though! <3

Glad to be of help! Enjoy your 4* Micahlis :)

Thankyou thankyou! ^^

If I may bother you lovely people once more...boyfriend suddenly thinks I'm magical and can figure out how to make his units work, despite me telling him I got lots of help for myself hah...

Pretty much his only useably-leveled units:

level 40s: 5* Tiki (a la Mystery of the Emblem), Ephraim, Karel, Minerva, Sheena, 4* Henry, Lissa
in 30s: 4* Lon'qu, Maria, Virion, Olivia

Anything? ^^;

14 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Thankyou thankyou! ^^

If I may bother you lovely people once more...boyfriend suddenly thinks I'm magical and can figure out how to make his units work, despite me telling him I got lots of help for myself hah...

level 40s: 5* Tiki (a la Mystery of the Emblem), Ephraim, Karel, Minerva, Sheena, 4* Henry, Lissa

Anything? ^^;

. . .he wouldn't happen to have one of Effie/Barst/Selena/Bartre, would he?  Preferably one that won't be missed?

23 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

Thankyou thankyou! ^^

Anything? ^^;

I like what eclipse is going with over there. She wants to give one of those units smite to maybe one round the red cav with Ephraim or something. Or reposition to do what it does best, reposition.

A good team could be Takumi for fliers Ephraim for Cav Tiki for Michalis and

*sigh*

Olivia :dry:

@Arcanite Sorry for interrupting, but what's wrong with Olivia? She was really useful on my Lunatic attempt. (Aside from being the only dancer I summoned)

Edited by Zero1000

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I like what eclipse is going with over there. She wants to give one of those units smite to maybe one round the red cav with Ephraim or something. Or reposition to do what it does best, reposition.

A good team could be Takumi for fliers Ephraim for Cav Tiki for Michalis and

*sigh*

Olivia :dry:

Both Smite/Reposition can be used to get Ephraim to the red cavalier.  But the team worries me, because I don't think Virion can one-shot the fliers, and Olivia will most likely be needed for Tiki.

His best bet IMO is a free Selena - Triangle Adept should keep Tiki from taking too much damage from Michalis.  Otherwise, I see extremely idiotic things like Fury Virion in his future (SP permitting).

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

How much atk does Henry have? And boon/bane of Minerva?

Henry won't reach the threshold.  His 4* base MT is 22 (25 with +Atk).  He'd need Triangle Adept 2 and Olivia's boost to pull it off.

His Virion cannot one shot the fliers. He has spare Selena(s?), and someone he could shred for fury lol.  I think we're gonna hafta call this one quits, unfortunately, ah well.  He doesn't care as much about Iote shield as I do anyway.

Thank you again, you wonderful wonderful people. <3

(His Minerva is -atk/+spd.)

Edited by Nyaoista

11 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

His Virion cannot one shot the fliers. He has spare Selena(s?), and someone he could shred for fury lol.  I think we're gonna hafta call this one quits, unfortunately, ah well.  He doesn't care as much about Iote shield as I do anyway.

Thank you again, you wonderful wonderful people. <3

(His Minerva is -atk/+spd.)

He would've needed to do the following, which is VERY time-intensive:

- 4* Selena and sac her to Tiki/Henry for Reposition/Triangle Adept
- Virion would've needed an attack boon before he could even consider sniping the fliers, otherwise you would've needed Life or Death 1.  He'd have to be glued to Olivia for the entire map.  If he had an attack bane, he's SOL.

The strategy would've been to Reposition Ephraim to the sword cavalier, then use Olivia to dance Tiki out of the way.  Virion will stay next to Olivia constantly, because he'd need 45 Atk to one-shot the fliers.  Once Michalis is not on steroids, have Tiki bait him.  Virion shoots the other flier, and Ephraim/Virion clean up the final lancer.  The end.

Ah, well, theorycrafting is fun~!

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, Zero1000 said:

@Arcanite Sorry for interrupting, but what's wrong with Olivia? She was really useful on my Lunatic attempt. (Aside from being the only dancer I summoned)

There's nothing inherently wrong with Olivia, Arcanite has just aligned herself with the pineapple instead for some inexplicable reason.

If you would like some context, start from roughly here:

and keep an eye out for posts from MrSmokestack, TheTuckingFypo, Arcanite, and MaskedAmpharos  - have fun :P:

Just an fyi, Virion, Karel, Ephraim, and Olivia beat it for the boyfriend.  He skilled up Virion with Life/Death.  Hugged the right side of the map, Iunno.  Hurrah last-ditch effort because he happened to accumulate 15 stamina before we were ready for bed~ lol

25 minutes ago, red-and-soulless said:

There's nothing inherently wrong with Olivia, Arcanite has just aligned herself with the pineapple instead for some inexplicable reason.

If you would like some context, start from roughly here:

and keep an eye out for posts from MrSmokestack, TheTuckingFypo, Arcanite, and MaskedAmpharos  - have fun :P:

Oh geez, that was honestly the most fun I've ever had on this forum.

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @TheTuckingFypo Did we ever reach a decisive conclusion?

Beat Lunatic again, this time with 3* Tsubaki lv 38, 4* Narcian lv 34, 4* Tharja lv 36, and 4* Olivia lv 36. Doing it for a friend before the event is over.

It was considerably harder than the team I beat it with, since 3* Tsubaki doesn't quite oneround the cav (esp not at 38), and Tharja wasn't quite fast enough to blick Michalis while red peg was still around (i could get her 1 more level, but i was a little pressed for time). I had to do some serious kiting to get it to work. But in the end I successfully got Tsubaki to kite red peg, Narcian got out of the way once the last lance died, and Olivia took a hit for Tharja and by that time Michalis is without his buffs and dies pretty easily to Tharja. 

But I did it before it was over and that's what matters

1 hour ago, Nyaoista said:

Just an fyi, Virion, Karel, Ephraim, and Olivia beat it for the boyfriend.  He skilled up Virion with Life/Death.  Hugged the right side of the map, Iunno.  Hurrah last-ditch effort because he happened to accumulate 15 stamina before we were ready for bed~ lol

Nicely done, and congratulations! Sounds like Virion had neutral attack, then~!