Grand Hero Battle: Navarre

Vaximillian

6 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Yep, don't think I can do this one. I'm just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Everything of mine is simply too slow.

You don't even have an M Robin or an abel or something? Not even Gordin or klein? Anyone with dagger breaker?

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

Yep, don't think I can do this one. I'm just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Everything of mine is simply too slow.

Have you given us a list of your units? Maybe we can work something out? 

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You don't even have an M Robin or an abel or something? Not even Gordin or klein? Anyone with dagger breaker?

I can't manage to bait the axeman without baiting the dagger users who then kill the bait. If I don't bait the axeman, he attacks my Robin and whoops his ass.

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

I can't manage to bait the axeman without baiting the dagger users who then kill the bait. If I don't bait the axeman, he attacks my Robin and whoops his ass.

Hrm

You have a dancer and a non-distinct unit with draw back or reposition ?

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

Robin baits the right dagger. Bottom right corner is what you are looking for. Your other three units should take care of Navarre and the remaining dagger while Robin stalls the other three units.

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Have you given us a list of your units? Maybe we can work something out? 

imd3TBq.pngylNSSxy.png

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hrm

You have a dancer and a non-distinct unit with draw back or reposition ?

I have all three dancers, only Ninian is levelled though. Nothing levelled with Draw Back or Reposition.

Edited by Suichimo

5 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

I have all three dancers, only Ninian is levelled though. Nothing levelled with Draw Back or Reposition.

Robin, kagero, Liliana, ninian

Kiran will probably recommend something different if you want something else

Kagero literally slaughters everything on this map. Surprised you haven't leveled her yet.

Robin for neutrals

Liliana for ax

Ninian for keks

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Robin, kagero, Liliana, ninian

Kiran will probably recommend something different if you want something else

Kagero literally slaughters everything on this map. Surprised you haven't leveled her yet.

Robin for neutrals

Liliana for ax

Ninian for keks

I can't remember why I haven't levelled Kagero, actually. I know she is good, I must've been levelling up others, like Ninian and Effie.

I'm a bit wary about bringing Lilina, since she is ridiculously slow.

27 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

I propose something better. Because nobody wants to level anyone. Takumi, Olivia, Roy, and M!Robin (he better not be -ATK)

Turn 1: Takumi gets danced to the tree above the mountain found on the bottom right corner of the map. He's bait. 

Turn 2: Kill dagger with Takumi. Robin to the bottom row, hug the right mountain. Roy left top diagonal to Robin. Olivia beside Robin

Turn 3: Kill remaining dagger with Robin + dance. Protect Olivia from Navarre using Roy as meat sheild

Turn 4: Kill navarre using Robin. Roy takes out axe + healer.

Edited by Kiran

5 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

I can't remember why I haven't levelled Kagero, actually. I know she is good, I must've been levelling up others, like Ninian and Effie.

I'm a bit wary about bringing Lilina, since she is ridiculously slow.

How much attack does she have? (The four star one of course)

Edit: didn't notice that Roy standing there

Kiran is right, since you probably won't want to level anyone just for this event. But you should still level Kagero

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

44 atk, 22 spd

@Kiran Robin has 36 Atk, not sure if that is neutral or not.

Your Robin is -atk XD that really stinks. New strategy in formation

You have an extra 4 star Roy for t-adept?

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

44 atk, 22 spd

@Kiran Robin has 36 Atk, not sure if that is neutral or not.

And he's -ATK. Of course he is....Thankfully fixable with your units. Bring Lucina instead of Roy for her spur ATK. On turn 3 have her stand next to Robin before he attacks.

Edited by Kiran

Just now, Arcanite said:

Your Robin is -atk XD that really stinks. New strategy in formation

That seems really common. I really wish I could give Demelza Triangle Adept- less defence, more attack.

It took me like around twelve tries, but I managed to beat Lunatic with

• Everyone in the Team being Level 37
  • 5* Vanilla Kagero (Daggerbreaker 3, Warding Blow 2, Reprissal never triggered where the boost was needed)
  • 5* Vanilla Jaffar  (Life & Death stuck at 1 because I think his Nature is +SPD/-RES and a +3 ATK/SPD boost with a 16D/16R is easier to stomach than a +5 one with 14D/14R)
  • 5* Vanilla Ryoma (Hone SPD 2, Defiant ATK 3, Night Sky)
  • 4* Clarine with Inherited Hone Cavalry ATK 2 and her natural Wind Balm

Positioning and avoiding being cornered was the key to this match: while I could use the same opener I did in Hard of only baiting the right-most Thief into dying to Kagero (at the southernmost forest) and her Poison-Dagger/Daggerbreaker combo, I have to arrange all my units in that same turn in a way that A) Makes Navarre go East instead of South and B) Make sure the Other Thief doesn't stay too close to Navarre.

After that, I focused on making Kagero retreat so she can be healed by Clarine (who I downgraded her staff to Reconcile both because Martyr is useless when she can be One-shot by Almost Everyone in the Map and a well timed Balm's Speed Boost prevent a cheap death by the Thief) and prepare for a stand-off against the Thief and the Axe Fighter (Most of my Game Overs were because I couldn't one couldn't slay one without the other, or worse Navarre, scoring a kill in revenge). Thankfully, Navarre's AI decided to stay east for enough time.

Pretty much my hit list went in this order: East Thief (Kagero on Player Phase), Axemen (Ryoma followed by a Balm-boosted Jaffar doubling), North Thief (Jaffar had to take a hit from him before Kagero scored that kill through Clarine-assisted Daggerbreak doubling), Navarre (Kagero weakened him enough so Ryoma could dispatch him) and finally the Cleric (Ryoma had to tank her Panic alone, because the Thief left Jaffar at 8 HP and Kagero at 1HP).

Edited by AstraSage

So, one idea is to bait the Rogue Dagger thief, right? I wonder who should do that. In Mkv's video, Donnel was used so he could drag him back for Olivia to give Donnel an extra turn. My only unit who is around level 40 with Drag Back is Eirika. I do have a couple of Gwendolyns I could sack for Drag Back on someone else.

Dumb thoughts assuming things would work out well -- they won't. Hope I did the calculations right.

Spoiler

With a neutral speed of 35 and def boon of 30, Eirika should be taking 5 damage when baiting the Rogue Dagger thief leaving her with 34 HP because of HP bane and can deal 23 damage after Rogue Dagger+ kicks in; should be Eirika's 42 total attack - rogue dagger thief's 14 def + 5 from Rogue Dagger+. With Olivia's Dance, Eirika would be able to deal 46 total damage while the thief has 44 HP.

But that's one unit, though, and no guarantees the same positioning will happen -- it probably won't.

If the Silver Dagger thief goes to attack Eirika, then she's taking 14 damage + 10 from Poison Strike 3 dropping her to 10 HP. Similar scenario could happen, Eirika attacks, Silver Dagger thief gets dragged back, Olivia dances, Silver Thief dies.

Subaki with Olivia's Hone Attack 3 would be able to ORKO Navarre; MaskedAmpharos said a blue unit would need 38 attack if they have a Sapphire Lance or Triangle Adept 3 to accomplish this and +Atk Subaki meets it with any +4 attack buff. Adding Eirika's Sieglinde buff is just cruel. So, Subaki just made another unit trivial. Man, I'm loving +Atk/-Res Subaki.

That leaves 2: axe man and the cleric. If Eirika is used for the thieves, then she cannot fight the axe man. If he initiates combat (Death Blow 3), he deals 10 damage which is instant death for Eirika. I have no good red mages. Just to be clear and for Good Measure this time: I have no good red mages. I have a Sophia, but she's level 34 with +Res/-Atk. If I were stupid and used her right now, she'd have to hit the axe man 4 times without any attack buffs or 3 times with Olivia's Hone Attack 3 to kill him. With attack bane, she caps at 28 base attack for 37 total attack. With Olivia's help, she can kill him in 2 hits. I could use Tiki, instead.

That said, I just noticed an issue, when the Silver Dagger thief goes to attack Donnel, Navarre goes down to where Sophia is in the video. There is absolutely nothing stopping him from going towards any of the units which in this case would be Eirika or Olivia for an easy kill. I could bring another blue like F!Corrin to box him in, but that means there is nobody to fight the axe man. If I bring Tiki instead and use her to box Navarre in, then she'd take 10x2 damage after the Silver Dagger's Hone Attack 3 buff on Navarre; 42 (Nav) + 4 (HA3) - 36 (+Def Tiki). In return, Tiki deals 15 damage to Navarre with Lightning Breath or 16 with Fire Breath+. This doesn't account for Subaki attacking him first. 29 damage from Subaki and 15 leaves him with 14 HP. AND then I just remembered he has Desperation and Blazing Wind. Should probably not attack him with either Subaki or Tiki and just box him in. Maybe I should give Tiki Quick Riposte 2 from the 4* Subaki that just got summoned today. Whoever he attacks leads to his certain doom that way.

If things work out well, then Tiki is left with 27 HP after going one round against Navarre. Against the axe man if he initiates combat, she'd take 4x2 damage. If she attacks, 0x2 damage. Should be fine... except Tiki has -Res with neutral speed. She'd get doubled by the cleric if she ever gets into range. I don't know how to calculate staff damage, but I doubt Tiki is not going to take a lot of damage from her. If that does happen, then I could try to take her out with Olivia, Subaki, and maybe Eirika easily.

I feel like I might want to give F!Robin Gronnraven from a spare Cecilia. I did summon a M!Robin in a previous summon, but he has -Atk/+Def. Yeah... Is the damage too low, though? The thieves have high resistance. Is the use of either Robin with a -raven tome used to just bait and only bait the thieves (and cleric)?

Edit: It failed, but I think I could have moved Subaki to allow Eirika to drag him back, used Dance on Subaki and then finished him off. I didn't, so the Silver Dagger thief took Tiki down to critical HP and Navarre finished her off.

Edited by Kaden

My M!Robin is at Lvl 34 (as a 4* unit) atm. I'm just wondering how much attack he'll need to get rid of the thieves with TA3? He has 33 ATK with BlarRaven. My other team mates are sorted already ( Lucina, Effie ( Lvl 40 ) and Olivia ( Lvl 29 ).

7 minutes ago, Luchi said:

My M!Robin is at Lvl 34 (as a 4* unit) atm. I'm just wondering how much attack he'll need to get rid of the thieves with TA3? He has 33 ATK with BlarRaven. My other team mates are sorted already ( Lucina, Effie ( Lvl 40 ) and Olivia ( Lvl 29 ).

He'll need to two-shot them.

Did this with a 4* level 40 TA2 M!Robin with full Hone Atk from Olivia.  He's neutral attack, if it helps.  The thieves weren't exactly clinging by a thread, so I don't think the extra level of TA will cause a non-Bonfire to OHKO.

Okay, thanks. I won't waste the extra 300 SP on TA3 then. Just hope he'll be able to tank them both once he hits Lvl 40 ( if I can get him there on time, my current match-ups in the Training Tower are not favourable despite shuffling and the loss of that 1.5x EXP hurts a lot lol ).

I finished the lunatic map for this using a modified version of the strategy Lumi showed me. My m!Robin didn't have triangle adept and is -atk so he didn't kill the thief, but managed to make it work anyway.

11 hours ago, Kiran said:

Assuming Cordelia is not -ATK. You should be able to pull it off with Gordin, Olivia, Cordelia and M!Corrin.

Turn 1: Dance Gordin to the tree above the mountain found in the bottom right corner of the map. This ensures that he can bait the dagger. 

Turn 2: Kill the dagger with Gordin.  You want to bait the other dagger into place. So move Cordelia to the bottom row of tiles, She is to be placed to the left most spot that is not the mountain. Corrin should be top left diagonal from her. Olivia is beside Cordelia.

Turn 3: Its killing time! Cordelia ORKO the dagger. Gets danced by Olivia, ORKO Navarre.

Now just kill the axe and healer with Corrin. 

Haha wouldnt you know - my cordelia is +hp and yes you guessed it -atk haha

I'l still give this a try, see how far I get - thanks ☺