Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

"Explicitly zealous" eh?

You make it sound like a crime or something

Being zealous is all a part of the game! If you aren't advocating, then what are you doing? Casually being supportive? Psh!

That being said, some people have expressed it as "being annoying" so I'll tone it down a bit

Hide contents

But watching my twin get hyped up is building up the flood gate of fangirl/boy/robot -ing I'll be doing when I finally choose a team

Be prepared for maximum support

This is all the energy I've been saving up to cheer for my favs that aren't instantly out of commission.  So I will cheer for my hero with every once of strength in my body!!!

I apologize if my cheering ever gets to the point where I am "being annoying" I just want to show my appreciation to one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem.  If I ever get to the point of annoying anyone out there, tell me and I will tone it down.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

This is all the energy I've been saving up to cheer for my favs that aren't instantly out of commission.  So I will cheer for my hero with every once of strength in my body!!!

I apologize if my cheering ever gets to the point where I am "being annoying" I just want to show my appreciation to one of my favorite characters in Fire Emblem.  If I ever get to the point of annoying anyone out there, tell me and I will tone it down.

If anyone should be yelling, it should be at me. I started it :P

Maybe a new form of appreciation is needed? 

I'm going to support Tharja no matter what. It's my favourite mage (not because of her body, but because of her twisted personality) in the game along with Soren, so even if I end up getting less feathers overall, I'll be with her till the end. And yeah, she'll probably win, but let's see, male Robin is a strong contender, being an avatar and a Smash character, after all.

Wow that marks the first time I actually have quite a few of the partcipating characters! Nonetheless I'm gonna be team Julia aaaaall the way... And maybe continue the trend of my team losing in the last battle - team Ephraim and Minerva over here ~

34 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Julia needs some more love.

NfHpwyA.png?1

Best I could do with what I know.

This is pretty flipping amazing, not even gonna lie XD

Hm...not sure I really care about any of the characters this time around.  I guess Henry was pretty entertaining, so I'll go for him (even though I don't actually have a copy of him).

I just can't decide between Leon or Henry.. Both were my husbands, so now here comes the "who do you love more" part. :V We'll see when the time comes lol, I have both.

45 minutes ago, Razputin13 said:

Vote Henry for Crown Prince! Join the caws! He's a hex of a lot more fun than the competition!

Just kidding, he's gonna get slaughtered. Nyahaha!

xygaiwk6cfwltk4cyedpk4ug5pkjxu7q_hq.jpg

hahah, aaaah i love everything about this post. almost made me want to join the caws. that image is just too accurate and amazing.

Henry is probably my second pick after Leo.

Overall, 

Leo > Henry > Sanaki > Merric > Julia > Linde >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M!Robin >Tharja.

If they included him my vote would instantly go to Odin though, as he's my favorite of the mages currently in the game (Lugh and Micaiah aren't in yet).

11 hours ago, Arcanite said:

This is pretty flipping amazing, not even gonna lie XD

11 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

YOOOOO THIS IS OUR BANNER

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN

Glad you like it =) . I miiight try to do something with it later...depends on how insane devoted I'm feeling.

Hmm, while Leo and Sanaki are my favourites, this time around I don't really care about anyone enough to go all out for them. This new mechanic seems intresting though, as it makes timing your feather use a lot more important. I'm still expecting Tharja to steamroll this competition though, as she is just that much more popular than evryone else in this and a x3 to feather point only means a 10:1 ratio becomes 10:3.

I'll probably join Tharja's opponents evry round in order to optimize my overall ranking.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'll probably join Tharja's opponents evry round in order to optimize my overall ranking.

Tharja's opponent isn't always going to be the best for optimizing over-all ranking

Over-All ranking in particular would have the best optimization by using a character you have in common with your team for every single round, regardless of what team you're on since over-all ranking isn't impacted by victory.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Tharja's opponent isn't always going to be the best for optimizing over-all ranking

Over-All ranking in particular would have the best optimization by using a character you have in common with your team for every single round, regardless of what team you're on since over-all ranking isn't impacted by victory.

I might indeed have to think it through a bit more carefully, as the character bonus is important as well, yeah. But wouldn't being on the losing team mean your score gets tripled all the time? Since x3 is better then x1.1, joining a team that is going to get steam rolled should be more important then joining a team you have the character of.

Or am I missunderstanding the workings of the overall ranking here?

13 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Hmm, while Leo and Sanaki are my favourites, this time around I don't really care about anyone enough to go all out for them. This new mechanic seems intresting though, as it makes timing your feather use a lot more important. I'm still expecting Tharja to steamroll this competition though, as she is just that much more popular than evryone else in this and a x3 to feather point only means a 10:1 ratio becomes 10:3.

I'd go for Sanaki. As Nailah would say, "Team Leo has enough troops."

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If I have the measure of it, that would mean choosing the losing side so long as you had that character, regardless of who they're losing to. Hey, with a slightly more popular charaacter, you might even manage the 500 feathers.

For example, I have Merric, Henry, Robin, and Tharja. From the looks of it, joining Merric or Henry in Round 1 and Robin in Round 3 should be my optimised route, with Round 2 taken by a mystery vote (depending on Robin's popularity, the 500 feathers from him would make the most sense).

Of course, I'm voting Sanaki and Julia, pragmatism be damned.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I might indeed have to think it through a bit more carefully, as the character bonus is important as well, yeah. But wouldn't being on the losing team mean your score gets tripled all the time? Since x3 is better then x1.1, joining a team that is going to get steam rolled should be more important then joining a team you have the character of.

Or am I missunderstanding the workings of the overall ranking here?

I'm pretty sure the score is only tripled in the final rounds. Otherwise that would be a little too busted.

Is there any info on whether or not its only the final round though cause that's what I always assumed.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm pretty sure the score is only tripled in the final rounds. Otherwise that would be a little too busted.

Is there any info on whether or not its only the final round though cause that's what I always assumed.

The Tharja/Linde thing in the video implies it'll be in all three rounds.

Looking at both final confrontations before, I don't think tripling will even help there. Even if Ephraim or Minerva got a flat triple, Lucina and Camilla would still be ahead by a significant factor. Robin being Tharja's probable opponent is basically the only reason I'm not calling this one an obvious win.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

The Tharja/Linde thing in the video implies it'll be in all three rounds

Then I apologize @Bartozio since I had no idea it was all three rounds

I'm still going to root for the underdog though. Its tradition at this point XD

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The Tharja/Linde thing in the video implies it'll be in all three rounds.

Looking at both final confrontations before, I don't think tripling will even help there. Even if Ephraim or Minerva got a flat triple, Lucina and Camilla would still be ahead by a significant factor. Robin being Tharja's probable opponent is basically the only reason I'm not calling this one an obvious win.

But it might cause some other upsets. If Robin gets upset because of this system, it's all over.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm still going to root for the underdog though. Its tradition at this point XD

Hey, according to that video, Tharja is the underdog for Linde. You could be good on any one choice.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

But it might cause some other upsets. If Robin gets upset because of this system, it's all over.

Hm, you've got Henry, Leo and Merric. Somehow, I don't see Merric upsetting. Henry has a slim chance, and Leo a slightly greater one...

If Henry wins, Tharja locks the crown down. If Leo wins, he might be able to scrape together a following.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hm, you've got Henry, Leo and Merric. Somehow, I don't see Merric upsetting. Henry has a slim chance, and Leo a slightly greater one...

If Henry wins, Tharja locks the crown down. If Leo wins, he might be able to scrape together a following.

Yeah, Leo is really the only one I think could pose much of a threat to Robin, but Henry is reasonably close to him in popularity now that I think about it. I honestly don't think Leo would stand a chance in the finals though.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, Leo is really the only one I think could pose much of a threat to Robin, but Henry is reasonably close to him in popularity now that I think about it. I honestly don't think Leo would stand a chance in the finals though.

The thing is, even if they were close in popularity, almost no one has levelled up a Henry, but 5* Robin is a very common unit people use, which would give Robin the edge in score.