Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Though this might be encouraging words, I still remember that it ended poorly when we were encouraging Minerva to win last time.

If team Tharja is smart, they would actually give the opposing team the lead before coming back with full force on the last day.

To be completely honest, I've only ever won one round of a gauntlet, that being Minerva vs Subaki.  So if you are here for an actual victory, never choose my team, BUT THAT WILL NOT STOP ME FROM SUPPORTING MY HERO DESPITE BEING A BAD LUCK CHARM!!!!!!! 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leo deserves our support. He needs it, now more than ever. Especially after Ephraim... We will fight for him. We will earn him the title of (the first male) gauntlet champion! If that isn't enough for you all to join Team Leo, I don't know much else I can do to guide you toward the path of greatness otherwise. 

When I heard about Leo returning to the gauntlet, I actually almost cried (in joy). 

So, join team Leo!

Leo is our hero!

Spoiler

K, when I first read that sentence I imagined Leo in a Zorro-like costume. How fitting.

4 minutes ago, InsaneNoire said:

Robin will likely win, or Tharja...cuz tiddies.

Can't argue with that logic

7 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I still remember that it ended poorly when we were encouraging Minerva to win last time.

That's how you remember it?

I remember telling people if you don't do it for her, do it for the feathers. I remember people changing the team they would join just because of my enthusiasm. We may have been brutally beaten, but not only did we go down in style, grace, and decency

Spoiler

WE ALSO WENT DOWN WITH A BOAT LOAD OF FEATHERS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

To be completely honest, I've only ever won one round of a gauntlet, that being Minerva vs Subaki.  So if you are here for an actual victory, never choose my team, BUT THAT WILL NOT STOP ME FROM SUPPORTING MY HERO DESPITE BEING A BAD LUCK CHARM!!!!!!! 

Wow

I wish I could be going nuts for my team right now

Even so, I will be rooting for you guys even if I don't end up joining your team :)

You have my support, me!

45 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yeah, me neither

You say that as if I don't make sacrifices to her everyday. I always have atonement sacrifices at the ready for moments just like this.

Even so, Leo and Oboro can be on the same side in revelation right? She has no problem with me siding with Nohrian scum temporarily!

If Oboro can support with Niles of all people then Leo is no problem

@Astellius considering Merric was my first 5 star (with Lyn) and I got another duplicate Merric (1 5 star and 4 star) i think Merric wants me on his team. He's pretty bulky and served me well early game so I have no qualms supporting him even if I haven't played his game lol

17 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

The underdog gets more feathers from ranking so keep that in mind ;)

Oh snap, I forgot about that just that quick!

I will join you, my beloved Lord Leo, and together we will conquer all!

or try to because tharja

14 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

To be fair, it all depends on your stand point of which version of Fates is cannon.  If you say go with Birthright/Conquest, she wouldn't truly side with Nohr, but in Revelation, she does.  There was a great evil they had to defeat, and I think we can all agree that has happened once again this time.  We must rise up and defeat Tharja!!

LEO OUR HERO!!!

But in all seriousness, I am not dissing on Tharja, she was not my favorite, nor my least favorite.  At this point, she seems to be the one to beat, but WE SHALL NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!  For hope is all we have!!

I did an edit of my previous post, while you were writing this. Lol.

Well, aren't all three routes "canon" (for whatever that's worth!)? Birthright and Conquest were, of course, stories that could each stand alone. Revelations can't, it's an add-on.

I'll consider joining Team Leo if Leo's in the second round and Merric isn't.

I also saved that "Disgusting!" montage picture to my desktop. It's hilarious, and I'm honored to have been the first one you used that against!

13 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Its not animal sacrifices, that's for Sharena or Anna

The only things I sacrifice to Oboro is Frabric, thread, and needles. What do you think I am, sick!?

The underdog gets more feathers from ranking so keep that in mind ;)

lol

Stick it to the man!

Show em' who's boss!

DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!?!?!?!??

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not even on team Leo and I'm already enthusiastic ._.

Merric's the real underdog here. And I said nothing about what you sacrificed. You're the one sacrificing dead pieces of animals and earth to her. How about sacrificing a little bit of time for Merric? Time is important. It wouldn't interfere with your sacrificial needles or thread.

Edited by Astellius

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Can't argue with that logic

I remember telling people if you don't do it for her, do it for the feathers. I remember people changing the team they would join just because of my enthusiasm. We may have been brutally beaten, but not only did we go down in style, grace, and decency

Reveal hidden contents

WE ALSO WENT DOWN WITH A BOAT LOAD OF FEATHERS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow

I wish I could be going nuts for my team right now

Even so, I will be rooting for you guys even if I don't end up joining your team :)

You have my support, me!

Thank you my twin!! I will make you proud!

Just now, saisymbolic said:

Oh snap, I forgot about that just that quick!

I will join you, my beloved Lord Leo, and together we will conquer all!

or try to because tharja

Your contribution to the Leo foundation is greatly and deeply appreciated!

12 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Well, aren't all three routes "canon" (for whatever that's worth!)? Birthright and Conquest were, of course, stories that could each stand alone. Revelations can't, it's an add-on.

I also saved that "Disgusting!" montage picture to my desktop. It's hilarious, and I'm honored to have been the first one you used that against!

Merric's the real underdog here. And I said nothing about what you sacrificed. You're the one sacrificing dead pieces of animals and earth to her. How about sacrificing a little bit of time for Merric? Time is important. It would interfere with your sacrificial needles or thread.

Well I mean, technically, when you've an immensely popular character that overwhelms the rest of the combatants, everyone that ISN'T said person is the underdog, pretty much. The idea is to root for the underdog most likely to win, however slim it may be. For the first, it was Ephraim; the 2nd, Minerva. I'm honestly unsure who that'll be this time since its too soon to tell but admittedly (and reluctantly), I doubt that it's Merric 

Spoiler

But hey, what am I saying? In the first gauntlet I thought it was gonna be Chrom and LOOK WHAT HAPPENED THERE

I'll still root in spirit cause #ArchaneanNationalism

Edited by Motendra

5 hours ago, Astellius said:

You should follow the guidance of the Excalibur tome. Its wisdom shall guide you well.

It will at least guide you to cookies:

Fun fact: the path to wisdom is, in fact, paved with cookies. (And dope robes apparently. We're basically 70% of the way to Hogwarts) #TeamMerric 

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Fun fact: the path to wisdom is, in fact, paved with cookies. (And dope robes apparently. We're basically 70% of the way to Hogwarts) #TeamMerric 

Tharja and Henry in Slytherin, Robin and Sanaki in Ravenclaw, I can see.

Merric, Linde, Julia and Leo are a tad harder to Sort.

17 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I mean I wasn't gonna choose your team to begin with. But good luck to your team anyways.

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

That's exactly how I remember it. Though I kinda forgot about the feathers part.
Speaking of feathers, if the losing team gets 3x points, then wouldn't they take the highest overall rank because of it?

I wonder if it'll just affect the team score or your overall score. If you want maximum feathers, then it becomes a game of choosing the team that's gonna get brutally defeated. I hope it only affects the team score (although I don't mind if it doesn't).

Have I started a tradition where everyone changes their signature to whatever team they support cause even Phineas is doing it

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I wonder if it'll just affect the team score or your overall score. If you want maximum feathers, then it becomes a game of choosing the team that's gonna get brutally defeated. I hope it only affects the team score (although I don't mind if it doesn't).

I was thinking that too actually

I sure hope that the underdog get's to have a mad high overall ranking since they won't get the victory feathers even though ranking is mad easy over there anyway

Just now, Falcom said:

I mean I wasn't gonna choose your team to begin with. But good luck to your team anyways.

Fair enough.  I wish you the best luck on your team!

15 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Lol opps.  The time lines for three games are all cannon in alternate dimensions? It's kind of confusing.  I think I just accepted Revelation as my headcannon since it has a happier ending.  I actually was thinking about Merric if Leo goes down first round, who knows.  I had really been waiting to use the disgusting bit for a while, but I was afraid someone would take me too seriously, I can come across that way sometimes, unfortunately.  Any way back to rallying the troops!

LEO IS OUR HERO!!
Why Leo you might be asking?
Because he is our future king!
I just want him to win one round at least, please? For me?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Julia, who else?

T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶z̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶.̶

I'm backing Linde, but I'm at a loss as to whether I'll join Julia or Tharja afterwards. I have the latter as a 5*, and it looks like the point boost will come in handy for when the loser starts catching up with their tripled scoring bonus.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶z̶e̶r̶o̶ ̶s̶k̶i̶n̶.̶

This man, he possesses a refined taste.

It won't befit the Empress of Grannvale to dress any other way because duh.

It's a shame that you can only back one character per round because I also quite like Henry and Sanaki (Julia is also pretty cool). Leo just happens to be higher on my list of favorites than either of them plus he gets a shot at redemption now that lance dweeb Ephraim is not in the picture. At least there's no one I outright dislike in this gauntlet (yes, that includes Tharja). 

20 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Tharja and Henry in Slytherin, Robin and Sanaki in Ravenclaw, I can see.

Merric, Linde, Julia and Leo are a tad harder to Sort.

Eh. I have tie to amuse you.

Spoiler

Gryffindor: Linde

Hufflepuff: Julia

Ravenclaw: Robin, Sanak, Henry (He's only here be-CAWS it's his CAW-Ling!... get it?... I'll leave now....)

Slytherin: Leo, Tharja

Anyways, I think Team Leo needs a team cheer! Ideas? Just to amuse ourselves while we wait for the gauntlet to start.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Anyways, I think Team Leo needs a team cheer! Ideas? Just to amuse ourselves while we wait for the gauntlet to start.

LEO OUR HERO!!!!
LEO OUR HERO!!!!
LEO OUR HERO!!!!

23 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Have I started a tradition where everyone changes their signature to whatever team they support cause even Phineas is doing it

I was thinking that too actually

I sure hope that the underdog get's to have a mad high overall ranking since they won't get the victory feathers even though ranking is mad easy over there anyway

...I suggested the idea to you in the first place.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

...I suggested the idea to you in the first place.

It was so long ago I can't even remember lol Was the Ephraim gauntlet really that long ago

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

We might like Ike,

Roy could be our boy,

But Leo is our hero!

Just now, Arcanite said:

It was so long ago I can't even remember lol Was the Ephraim gauntlet really that long ago

We might like Ike,

Roy could be our boy,

But Leo is our hero!

YEA HE IS!!!!!! I'M READY FOR THIS!!!

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@TheTuckingFypo, you forgot Merric in that Hogwarts speculation of yours.

Whoopsies. Umm, I get Gryffindor vibes from Merric.

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

LEO OUR HERO!!!!
LEO OUR HERO!!!!
LEO OUR HERO!!!!

Just now, Arcanite said:

We might like Ike,

Roy could be our boy,

But Leo is our hero!

Those work! (inserts One-punch man Opening theme)

@Arcanite - You even came up with a cheer. I sure hope you're joining us... I'm even making cookies!

Maybe we could also do a mini contest or something while we wait for the gauntlet to start.