Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

@TheTuckingFypo, yeah, same for me. He's friendly, helpful, selfless, and courageous. Very much Gryffindor material.

This is what I like in the gauntlets, everyone (almost everyone, okay) finding a hero to gather around and being proud of their choice. As long as it's good fun and doesn't devolve into shit-slinging and name-calling, it's great.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Ephraim was not my idea. Changing it for Minerva was.

Oh yeah! I remember!

Now that I think of it though, nobody else had changed their sigs for Ephraim. Pretty sure I was the first ha. *feels prideful*

6 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Those work! (inserts One-punch man Opening theme)

@Arcanite - You even came up with a cheer. I sure hope you're joining us... I'm even making cookies!

Are they chocolate chip cookies?

I mean, Motendra also made a little jingle too for Male Robin:

"For the synergy of strategy!" since I am a strategist and Robin is a tactician lol. So I figured I'd do a little something for the Leo peeps! If you guys fight Tharja you're gonna need the encouragement!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

As long as it's good fun and doesn't devolve into shit-slinging and name-calling, it's great.

Honestly, I think that makes it even more hilarious

Spoiler

Pineapple head!

I take a break from this thread and come back to see an awesome cheer for Leo. Bless.

I guess time will tell if he truly stands a chance against the formidable force that is waifu Tharja...

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Arcanite

What about Zero to Leo?

Nice!  We shall reign triumphantly!!!

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow, there's a lot of enthusiasm here. Maybe I should leave.

Nah, honestly this is a lot better than in past gauntlets where some people have been at each other's throats, accusing them of cheating and all that jazz. Besides I am curious who you will stand with.  Where does your loyalty lie?

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Nah, honestly this is a lot better than in past gauntlets where some people have been at each other's throats, accusing them of cheating and all that jazz. Besides I am curious who you will stand with.  Where does your loyalty lie?

Wait, what? How is it possible to cheat on the Voting Gauntlet? By making multiple accounts or something?

Just now, saisymbolic said:

Wait, what? How is it possible to cheat on the Voting Gauntlet? By making multiple accounts or something?

Yea, that's what some were claiming.  Honestly, I was at school when this happened or I would have been really frustrated.  Just because Chrom pulled ahead did not mean he was cheating.  Oh well, the past is in the past, and I'm just gonna let it go!  

WHOSE WITH ME FOR TEAM LEO!?!?!?!

Leo.jpg

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Well that's what people thought happened when Chrom caught up to Ephraim in the first gauntlet

It was a riot

Good lurking material too

But that is behind us!

I could've sworn I mentioned somewhere that I was going with Sanaki, and if she loses I was going with m!Robin (and if he loses then whoever is not Tharja). But it's likely that whatever I said just got lost under all the posts.

Just now, Arcanite said:

Oh yeah! I remember!

Now that I think of it though, nobody else had changed their sigs for Ephraim. Pretty sure I was the first ha. *feels prideful*

Are they chocolate chip cookies?

Yes, actually... How'd you know? O_O

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Arcanite

What about Zero to Leo?

Sure.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@TheTuckingFypo, yeah, same for me. He's friendly, helpful, selfless, and courageous. Very much Gryffindor material.

This is what I like in the gauntlets, everyone (almost everyone, okay) finding a hero to gather around and being proud of their choice. As long as it's good fun and doesn't devolve into shit-slinging and name-calling, it's great.

I agree. Fecal-throwing is rather primitive, don't you think? I hoped that we'd evolve out of that, but alas, it will remain as such.

I prefer the civil arguments, like that long one that eventually ended up forming The StrategistsThree. 

As for cheers, keep it up! (I'll make one too, but I can't really think ATM, too many things at once: Cookies, Writing a oneshot, team cheers, etc.)

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

WHOSE WITH ME FOR TEAM LEO!?!?!?!

I'M WITH YOU GUYS

WHOO TEAM LEO REPRESENT!

You know, if he forgives me for betraying him for Team Ephraim. Nohrian law is pretty blunt on the subject of traitors after all...

2 minutes ago, Rapier said:

How did this go from Julia cheering to Leo cheering? Where did the future take a wrong turn?

And yes I'll support her banner.

I threatened to ban everyone that's not on Team Leo. :P:

. . .which I didn't.  But that's because every last female mage isn't in my roster. Their loss~!

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Yes, actually... How'd you know? O_O

Because I'm psychic

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I could've sworn I mentioned somewhere that I was going with Sanaki, and if she loses I was going with m!Robin (and if he loses then whoever is not Tharja). But it's likely that whatever I said just got lost under all the posts.

Oh that's cool. I might go Robin too since Leo is not completely set in stone lol

Sanaki was a choice at first but I couldn't pull her on my Main account and that made me salty XD

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

Not yet at least!!!!

Oh boy

My twin is on team Leo

My main mod is on team Leo

My Guinea Pig is on team Leo

And I'm pretty sure the Queen of -Atk is on Team Leo

Ladies and gentlemen the stars have aligned. But there is still a part of my brain that says "Hey, kid! Male Robin is right there you know!"

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh boy

My twin is on team Leo

Ladies and gentlemen the stars have aligned. But there is still a part of my brain that says "Hey, kid! Male Robin is right there you know!"

Can't you see what's happening? 

What?

They haven't got a clue....

Who?

They can't choose one and here's the bottom line - Our Leo's here for you!

Will you join team Leo? 

Spoiler

This musical break was brought to you by the stylings of the Lion King or should I say, the Leo King

Edited by Anime27Arts

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh boy

My twin is on team Leo

Think of it this way: m!Robin shows up a lot easier than Leo!

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That just means Leo is worth the wait!  Besides Robin is currently only available as a 3* or a 4* while Leo is only available at 5* ever.  Rarity adds value.

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

That just means Leo is worth the wait!  Besides Robin is currently only available as a 3* or a 4* while Leo is only available at 5* ever.  Rarity adds value.

More like Leo will make you wait (and rage). Mine showed up when I was hoping for Alm (although I didn't complain about getting Leo). Also, m!Robin is definitely one of the characters most worth promoting to 5-star anyway, so now's the best excuse to promote him, for those who either haven't or never got the chance to pull a 5-star m!Robin.

I think I have a strong case for going with m!Robin because I have like four of him, all with a different +spd combination, and a fifth one I sent home. But I really have to side with Sanaki here.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You just stuck a pin in the logic part of my brain and brought me back to the real world where feathers are actually a thing ha

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Rarity indeed adds value, especially since he gets Quick Riposte and Savage blow 3. Two very good skills!