Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Then I apologize @Bartozio since I had no idea it was all three rounds

I'm still going to root for the underdog though. Its tradition at this point XD

No problem, it would be way worse if I was wrong and nobody pointed it out. I'll be supporting the underdog as well it seems, just for slightly different reasons.

Spoiler

and I'm hoping they lose, but it's still called supporting, right?

31 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I'd go for Sanaki. As Nailah would say, "Team Leo has enough troops."

I'd join team Nino all the way, but it appears she has decided to skip this battle, unfortunately. I don't prefer Sanaki or Leo enough above the other participants to let that guide my decisions, but I'll join Sanaki if she's up against Tharja at least.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, Leo is really the only one I think could pose much of a threat to Robin, but Henry is reasonably close to him in popularity now that I think about it. I honestly don't think Leo would stand a chance in the finals though.

Henry, despite his high placing in CYL, would lose to Tharja because at that point, you're comparing two extremely similar characters... and say what you will about Tharja from aesthetical and support terms, but from a gameplay perspective, she's a lot better. In Heroes, and she's fairly superior from what I gather in Awakening.

Leo, on the other hand, has a distinct niche to carve himself, a personality completely separate from Tharja/Henry's overlap, a horse and a personal tome.

Of course, Robin shines in gameplay and has Smash backing him up (Tharja's really hating the ESRB right about now...), so he has quite a large chance. Makes me kind of wish you could count his female counterpart in there- and not just because I love mine in Heroes.

56 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Then I apologize @Bartozio since I had no idea it was all three rounds

I'm still going to root for the underdog though. Its tradition at this point XD

The underdog in question is Julia, right? Right.

1 hour ago, Bartozio said:

Hmm, while Leo and Sanaki are my favourites, this time around I don't really care about anyone enough to go all out for them. This new mechanic seems intresting though, as it makes timing your feather use a lot more important. I'm still expecting Tharja to steamroll this competition though, as she is just that much more popular than evryone else in this and a x3 to feather point only means a 10:1 ratio becomes 10:3.

I'll probably join Tharja's opponents evry round in order to optimize my overall ranking.

A steamroll similar to those of the past two gauntlets is less likely since I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of Lucina's and Camilla's supporters were simply people who chose to bandwagon with the likely winner, but the triple loser bonus heavily discourages that. 

People who don't care for any of the participants and just want feathers are a lot more likely to fight against the most popular character this gauntlet instead of for them.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

A steamroll similar to those of the past two gauntlets is less likely since I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of Lucina's and Camilla's supporters were simply people who chose to bandwagon with the likely winner, but the triple loser bonus heavily discourages that. 

People who don't care for any of the participants and just want feathers are a lot more likely to fight against the most popular character this gauntlet instead of for them.

Some problems with that. One, a lot of people seem to have missed the bonus thing. It will probably be in the announcement, but not everybody reads all of those.

Two, several people seem to think the winning team nets more feathers since they get a free 500.

Also, don't underestimate the quantity of Lucina fans just because they're so rare here.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Some problems with that. One, a lot of people seem to have missed the bonus thing. It will probably be in the announcement, but not everybody reads all of those.

Two, several people seem to think the winning team nets more feathers since they get a free 500.

Also, don't underestimate the quantity of Lucina fans just because they're so rare here.

That's their loss then.

Sure, if that happens, the likely winner will be a lot more likely to, well, win. But all of those people will get fewer feathers overall, so it doesn't really bother me too much since I know they're the ones that actually lose out, though it is admittedly frustrating to have bandwagoners skew the results of these gauntlets so much. 

Also, I assume you meant Tharja?

31 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Everyone here talking about optimizing feather gains while I just root for my favourite character every time

I mean, yeah, that's what I do too (and that's honestly how IS intended the events to play out). 

Prepared to ride or die with Team Julia!

Ignoring feathers, M!Robin has been a constant in my playing of Heroes, so of course I'll side with the Avatar, the potential vessel of a god and one of the few constant banes to Takumi, archer of trechary.

You gotta deal with it!

I voted for my favorite in the first gauntlet (there are exactly three FE characters who would make me not pick Eirika, and two of them aren't even in the game as of this post), didn't really care aside from hating Camilla in the second so I went with Subaki for feathers (if they included Shanna she would have my wholehearted support however), and back to favoritism for this one.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Everyone here talking about optimizing feather gains while I just root for my favourite character every time

Exactly. Same here.

I always choose my favorite character to support in each round, and then I try to optimize flag usage amongst the three rounds.

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I do it every time. I mean, I didn't even have Minerva last gauntlet. (Neither I have her now.)

I've always supported my fav team in these things!  Even when I lose, I feel accomplished in having fought til the end for my hero, I mean that's what these things are all about.  I can't wait for this gauntlet because I have a feeling this will be the closest one we will have and this will be the day we've waited for where the most popular character might not win.  Who knows!!  I will support my Lord Leo until the end!!!!

With the gauntlet so far I've always gone for my favourite and didn't really take feathers into account. Though with the first gauntlet I'm not actually sure which character was my favourite. (Can't say I regret picking Ephraim though that fight with Chrom was amazing.) This time I'm going with Julia because she's been really good since I got her in this game, however if Ilyana was in the game and gauntlet I'd vote for her.

Edited by predator_21476

I supported my favorite character in the first gauntlet (Leo) and then when he I lost I spent the rest of that gauntlet actively opposing the jerk who eliminated him Ephraim. Despite Cordelia being my favorite out of the April gauntlet participants, I went with Camilla instead on the basis that the gauntlet was supposed to be wyvern riders versus pegasus knights and I've always preferred wyverns over pegasi. By that logic, I went with my favorite wyvern rider out of the four involved (No, the fact that I have a 5* Camilla while not having Cordelia at all had nothing to do with that decision, I don't know what you're talking about.). This round, I'm once again going with Leo all the way though should he lose again the 5* Tharja I pulled last night makes my choice of who to join next easy that combined with the fact that Henry will probably not be an option at that point.

19 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Tbh, the first 2 gauntlets, I coin flipped. I do that when I struggle to pick a team. I had no problems this time :P

You coin-flipped for the first gauntlet?

I would have assumed you would have gone straight for Leo :O

(Unless you mean you coin-flipped for who to support after Leo's defeat)

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

You coin-flipped for the first gauntlet?

I would have assumed you would have gone straight for Leo :O

(Unless you mean you coin-flipped for who to support after Leo's defeat)

No. I straight up coin-flipped. Though I was really confused about the Voting Gauntlet mechanics when it first came out.

I've tended to gravitate towards the ones that gave me a good impression in Heroes, tbh. Ephraim was Gauntlet 1, Julia's going to be this one...Gauntlet 2 was the only one where I was really stuck, because I didn't have a solid, high-performance flier team at that point; I just skipped around, getting trounced by Team Camilla in that one lol.

In other news, this is a little rickety, perhaps...but oh well. My insanity devotion came through. Team Julia forever! Or at least...until the end of this Voting Gauntlet.

Spoiler

YNVp9Ln.gif

Edited by LordFrigid

23 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

No. I straight up coin-flipped. 

I find this incredibly hilarious XD

On 5/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, Anime27Arts said:

I can't wait for this gauntlet because I have a feeling this will be the closest one we will have and this will be the day we've waited for where the most popular character might not win.  Who knows!!  I will support my Lord Leo until the end!!!!

Every time you mention a song, I feel as if I'm looking at myself in a mirror

If I'm supporting Leo, I'll be ready to go to the end with you :)

But still! I must keep neutral! I don't want to make it look as if I'm inclined to go one way. I keep telling myself to go for the under dog, but something in me keeps saying "Leo"

I don't think I've actually posted here, yet.

It's probably no surprise to anyone that I'd going for Leo.  I'm surprised they're putting him in a second gauntlet already.

If he loses, I'll have to see who's left as to who I'll support.

I have generally favorable opinions of everybody else, except Sanaki.  Although, I don't really have any experience with Male Robin, since I always played as Female Robin.

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I find this incredibly hilarious XD

Every time you mention a song, I feel as if I'm looking at myself in a mirror

If I'm supporting Leo, I'll be ready to go to the end with you :)

But still! I must keep neutral! I don't want to make it look as if I'm inclined to go one way. I keep telling myself to go for the under dog, but something in me keeps saying "Leo"

You know that you want to join Team Leo.  Or else you'll be cursed by the -Atk curse.

On 5/1/2017 at 3:16 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wait... some people don't pick their favorite to win?

... No jk, I know a lot of people just play the gauntlets to optimize feather gains but I always root for my favorite each time so I totally agree with you. this is why I am still very salty about Ephraim's loss to Lucina

Anyways, I might have missed it but does anyone know when the Gauntlet will start? So hyped to support Team Leo lol