Grand Hero Battle: Camus: Sable Knight (6/2/17)

Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Arcanite @MaskedAmpharos @MrSmokestack

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free...

Here we go. This is the official announcement of the Ice Dragon Camus Grand Hero Battle Challenge!

Here are the restrictions for this one:

• No characters ranked A+ or higher on the wiki vanilla tier list. This once again means no dancers and no Reinhardt.
  • No Skill Inheritance.
  • No merges that affect the outcome of a round of combat directly or indirectly.
  • No Triangle Adept or weapons with innate Triangle Adept. (Might relax this one if it's causing too many problems.)

As always, this challenge is open to all, the prize is bragging rights (more bragging rights the fewer 5-stars you use), and there is no limit to the number of times you can show off your teams. Show the world what the bottom of the barrel can do!

As a starter:

5-star Ursula
5-star Robin (F)
5-star Selena (Triangle Adept de-equipped)
5-star Michalis

Turn-by-turn (4 turns):

1. Michalis moves up 2 (into the danger zone). Selena behind Michalis. Ursula moves up 2. Robin moves up 1.
    1. Red Knight and left Axe Knight buff right Axe Knight, who attacks Michalis. Troubadour attacks Michalis. Camus moves above Robin.
  2. Camus is hit by Ursula's Threaten Res 3. Axe Knight is hit by Michalis's Threaten Def 3. Robin and Ursula attack and kill Camus. Michalis moves left 2, above Robin. Selena kills Axe Knight.
    1. Red Knight buffs Axe Knight. Axe Knight attacks Selena. Troubadour attacks Michalis. Troubadour's Miracle and Michalis's Blazing Thunder are now ready.
  3. Ursula kills Axe Knight. Michalis kills Troubadour with Blazing Thunder (Miracle cannot activate, but even if it did, Selena's Threaten Spd 3 allows Michalis to double attack). Selena uses Reposition on Michalis from below, leaving only Ursula in range of Red Knight. Robin stands somewhere (outside of Red Knight's range) and looks pretty.
    1. Red Knight attacks Ursula.
  4. Ursula kills Red Knight.

With Triangle Adept 3, Selena can literally just walk up the right side of the map once Camus is offed.

How the hell is Michalis in the same tier as Gunter?

I'll give it a shot later, but I'll be too busy to do anything for most of tomorrow. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"Charge your power!"

"What for?"

"Just charge!"

Narcian: "Robin, what does the scouter say about her [the healer's] power level?"

F!Robin: "It's over 9000!!!"

Narcian: "What!? 9000? There's no way that can be right!"

Palla and Subaki: "..."

*cue closing theme*

Will the heroes be able to defeat their empowered foes? Will Palla and Subaki escape their allies' shenanigans? How does Camus feel about his allies' incompetence? Find out on the next episode of Fire Emblem Heroes Z!

I'm really curious as to why the AI decided that would be a good idea. Doing that basically blocked the healer and the red mage from doing anything.

Edited by Kaden

This was a tricky one. Zephiel, Xander, and Lloyd I beat on my first try every time, but Camus took me a few tries. I ended up going with Ryoma, Azura, 5* Merric, and 4* Nino, all at level 40.

I ended up having to feed Merric an Arthur for Lancebreaker. With Lancebreaker and Fury 2 (alongside the Attack +1 seal, though I'm not sure if it was necessary), Merric was just able to one-round Camus, and then Azura danced him, he moved to the bottom corner of the danger zone, and Nino dragged him out (which was all she ended up doing) while Ryoma entered enemy range. After retreating to avoid the Bolganone cav the next turn, Azura took a hit from the Troubadour, allowing Ryoma to get the kill there, before dancing him to safety and taking another hit from said red cav, which Ryoma proceeded to take out the following round. Finally, I ended up in a position wherein the last axe cav could be taken out either by Ryoma or by a combined bombardment from both mages, but I opted for Ryoma because Astra procced, giving it a dramatic finish.

Over all, this Grand Hero Battle was a lot of fun. I'm glad that they can still keep me on my toes now that I've gotten Reinhardt, Hector, and Ryoma at my disposal. Hope the next ones are like this!

8 hours ago, Thalyon said:

A question for all of those using Reinhardt to kill Camus. How do you do it? My friend has a -res +hp one with hone cavalry on and atk sacred seal and attack +3 in slot A and still he can not kill Camus (in fact Reinhardt suicides). 

My Reinhardt has Lancebreaker, which allowed him to quad Camus and destroy him in one round.

Ok @Ice Dragon ... hopefully I don't get DQ'd for using a Dancer ;) . 5-turn run, assuming the turn 5 EP finish still qualifies it as a 5-turn.

Spoiler

I might try to improve/try different teams later...idk.

Oh...on Fae: +1 gives her HP and Res. She didn't get hit by magic and was never anywhere near 1HP. Heck, I could probably level up one of my 4* Faes and achieve the same result.

Edited by LordFrigid

Completed the @Ice Dragon Camus GHB Challenge with my usual hoard of low tiers in 6 turns including set-up (though I think it might be possible to optimize the run and complete it in 5).

Spoiler

The following units were used:

• 5* Fae (the +1 merge should not matter since in only increased HP and Res, plus Fae's HP didn't approach towards 1)
    • Unmerged +HP/-Res Fae stats are 50/46/28/25/26
  • 5* Raigh
  • 5* Fir (though, she's secretly an S-tier)
  • 4* Barst (with steel axe)

Overall strategy was to have my units tank hits and to make good use of skills.  As Raigh baits Camus, the Path of the Sword for Fir was clear.

Edited by Kalibur

Do i suck at this game? or is Camus harder then i thought? it feels so odd to lose to the hard mode difficulty with just my normal team when i usually beat the hard mode difficulty just fine....

Ill defedently need to ask for team suggestions for lunatic.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

Do i suck at this game? or is Camus harder then i thought?

I don't think you suck lol

Camus just has the ever-so-stupid cavalry buffs on his side, as well as a healer. And since everyone has 3 turn movement, that also makes it a little more annoying.

It took me a few tries too if that's any consolation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't think you suck lol

Camus just has the ever-so-stupid cavalry buffs on his side, as well as a healer. And since everyone has 3 turn movement, that also makes it a little more annoying.

It took me a few tries too if that's any consolation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, this is why half my team for this was horses as well. And Frederick and Reinhardt are such a powerful duo! They're both cav units with a lot of attack power and Reinhardt gives Freddy further boosts to his attack while also able to protect him from red units. And Freddy with Axebreaker and Fortify Def can turn a +def Reiny like mine into a physical tank and protect him from a lot of green units in return!

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Am I the only one with no strong cavalry?

You don't have 5 star cavalry units? Man, that stinks. D:

If you ever pull a Reinhardt, upgrade him if he isn't 5 star (unless he's -Atk...). If you have Frederick, use him if he's +Atk or +Def and not -Atk or -Def. Abel is pretty decent too. Cecilia is also apparently good when you give her a lot of inheritance, but that can be difficult to do.

But Frederick and Abel aren't hard to get, so I definitely recommend using them more if you have them.

Though don't worry about it, for the longest time, Frederick was the only strong cav I had. Only back in May did I pull Reinhardt (and at 5 star no less). And they're my only two 5 star horses.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

You don't have 5 star cavalry units? Man, that stinks. D:

If you ever pull a Reinhardt, upgrade him if he isn't 5 star (unless he's -Atk...). If you have Frederick, use him if he's +Atk or +Def. Abel is pretty decent too. Cecilia is also apparently good when you give her a lot of inheritance, but that can be difficult to do.

But Frederick and Abel aren't hard to get, so I definitely recommend using them more if you have them.

Reinhardt: has Death Blow, so low on priority list I'm seriously considering using him as Death Blow fodder.

Frederick: Fortify Defence fodder. All of my Askr units and Klein have inherited Fortify Defence 3 from either a Frederick or my 5* Sakura. I think I've got one left that I might be using as Wings of Mercy fodder... And I don't think that's all the Fredericks I've ever swallowed.

Abel: I WISH! I want Swordbreaker on so many things...

Cecilia: she's the one I'm reckoning on for the cavalry quest, and, well...

They give out the most powerful cavalry tools and I'd just rather make a child army out of mages.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Reinhardt: has Death Blow, so low on priority list I'm seriously considering using him as Death Blow fodder.

Frederick: Fortify Defence fodder. All of my Askr units and Klein have inherited Fortify Defence 3 from either a Frederick or my 5* Sakura. I think I've got one left that I might be using as Wings of Mercy fodder... And I don't think that's all the Fredericks I've ever swallowed.

Abel: I WISH! I want Swordbreaker on so many things...

Cecilia: she's the one I'm reckoning on for the cavalry quest, and, well...

They give out the most powerful cavalry tools and I'd just rather make a child army out of mages.

Well geez, no wonder you don't have any strong cavalry, you keep dumping them for skills instead of giving them a chance.

Frederick and Abel AREN'T only good for passing skills, they can be turned into powerful units too. Take it from me and my 5 star +Def Armored Blow Axebreaker Frederick who will eventually get a Brave Axe+ too. He does need a little bit of inheritance, but not a lot. He doesn't even really NEED the Brave Axe since I've done fine with him without it, but giving it to him certainly won't make him worse.

Also, you'd rather dump Reinhardt too? He's one of the best units in the game, if not THE best!

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Well geez, no wonder you don't have any strong cavalry, you keep dumping them for skills instead of giving them a chance.

Frederick and Abel AREN'T only good for passing skills, they can be turned into powerful units too. Take it from me and my 5 star +Def Armored Blow Axebreaker Frederick who will eventually get a Brave Axe+ too. He does need a little bit of inheritance, but not a lot. He doesn't even really NEED the Brave Axe since I've done fine with him without it, but giving it to him certainly won't make him worse.

Also, you'd rather dump Reinhardt too? He's one of the best units in the game, if not THE best!

Every cavalry unit I've ever used has ended in disappointment. Frederick is offering a minor skill that makes Blade Emblem even more fun- and allows the Askr trio to lie around uselessly and contribute. I've had so many recommendations for Swordbreaker that I could pull several Abels and Sullys in my hunt for Tana and not be satiated.

I have so many resources I need to pump into Nino, Lilina, and the Askr trio that I have none to spare for horses. It's only been on hearsay that Reinhardt even has Death Blow- and how's that working out for him?

Have you seen my Linde?

Anyway, WRT Camus, I have stamina I need to spend elsewhere, such as Hero Merit, so he's probably getting the shaft as well. I'd just rather not bother.

14 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Reinhardt doesn't have Death Blow as a natural skill.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I'd just rather not bother.

Well you can do what I did and make a bootleg team. I just use ward Xander (from Eliwood), Fortify Camus, Gone Gunter, and Goad Ursula. It works pretty well even though 2 of them are 3 stars XD

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Every cavalry unit I've ever used has ended in disappointment. Frederick is offering a minor skill that makes Blade Emblem even more fun- and allows the Askr trio to lie around uselessly and contribute. I've had so many recommendations for Swordbreaker that I could pull several Abels and Sullys in my hunt for Tana and not be satiated.

I have so many resources I need to pump into Nino, Lilina, and the Askr trio that I have none to spare for horses. It's only been on hearsay that Reinhardt even has Death Blow- and how's that working out for him?

Have you seen my Linde?

Anyway, WRT Camus, I have stamina I need to spend elsewhere, such as Hero Merit, so he's probably getting the shaft as well. I'd just rather not bother.

Then don't complain about not having strong cavalry? If you don't ever intend to use them and are just going to throw them away for skills, then obviously you won't have strong ones.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Reinhardt doesn't have Death Blow. He does have Vantage though, I think.

Edited by Anacybele

@phineas81707 The only reason I have a pretty okay cavalry team now is because I started focusing on them.The game gives you Ursula and Xander, both excellent cavs. I don't think any of the cavs are just AMAZING by themselves. (I guess unless you're Reinhardt.) They need some SI and whatnot. So really the only way to get super strong cavs is to want it and to work for it. And that's totally your choice. 

I tried to do a team with Frederick, Eliwood, and a few others  a while back and just got frustrated because they weren't what I was looking for. But I swapped out Freddy for Titania and now life is good. 

Long story short: cav teams are useful (for quests and stuff). It's nice to have something. But if you don't want it, don't bother. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then don't complain about not having strong cavalry? If you don't ever intend to use them and are just going to throw them away for skills, then obviously you won't have strong ones.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure Reinhardt doesn't have Death Blow. He does have Vantage though, I think.

I was just musing on my lack, and what followed was an elaborate explanation. Linde is basically Reinhardt on foot, and she has sisters.

I would like to remind everyone that I sacrificed a 4* Klein into Reinhardt so he could get Death Blow, and am considering inheriting THAT onto Reinhardt. I know his natural skills are Goad Cavalry major and Vantage minor- I only have a skillset spreadsheet in my signature. (The one beside Lin). Aside from lacking an appropriate Death Blow recipient, I haven't inherited Death Blow off of Reinhardt because he has Vantage minor.

4 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@phineas81707 The only reason I have a pretty okay cavalry team now is because I started focusing on them.The game gives you Ursula and Xander, both excellent cavs. I don't think any of the cavs are just AMAZING by themselves. (I guess unless you're Reinhardt.) They need some SI and whatnot. So really the only way to get super strong cavs is to want it and to work for it. And that's totally your choice. 

I tried to do a team with Frederick, Eliwood, and a few others  a while back and just got frustrated because they weren't what I was looking for. But I swapped out Freddy for Titania and now life is good. 

Long story short: cav teams are useful (for quests and stuff). It's nice to have something. But if you don't want it, don't bother. 

It's got potential... you know, when I'm set for life on Arena with Lilina/Nino/Linde/Askr until Blades are nerfed, I'll amass the feathers to give it a go. But I don't expect anything out of it except for the Tenth Stratum quests that may or may not be permanent- and even then, armours have priority due to 'not disappointing me' and fliers beat it if I get the units due to 'heavy, HEAVY bias I don't even TRY to hide'.

35 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reinhardt doesn't have Death Blow as a natural skill.

I thought he did for a second, since every Arena team that has him, seems to have him with it, like Ryoma and Vantage.

My internet has been fritzy, so I haven't been on much, but my Horse Emblem team beats Camus's Horse Emblem team.  Now to get Camus to 5* and add him for next Arena Season.  Poor Abel, you've served me well.

13 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Ice Dragon I'm still steamed over losing all but one stamina bottle last time.

I haven't been doing any summoning lately so my pool is smaller than I'd like, but I'm not saying no.

Now you're making me feel bad. :[

Don't push yourself too hard.

12 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I'll give it a shot later, but I'll be too busy to do anything for most of tomorrow. 

No rush, no rush.

11 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Ok @Ice Dragon ... hopefully I don't get DQ'd for using a Dancer ;) . 5-turn run, assuming the turn 5 EP finish still qualifies it as a 5-turn.

Reveal hidden contents

I might try to improve/try different teams later...idk.

Oh...on Fae: +1 gives her HP and Res. She didn't get hit by magic and was never anywhere near 1HP. Heck, I could probably level up one of my 4* Faes and achieve the same result.

Ahaha. Oh, Laslow.

I forgot Laslow had Axebreaker. I was considering using Eliwood, but his Def is kind of pathetic. Maybe I'll try Laslow sometime.

I also forgot that Fae is a bulky green and is (the only dragon) allowed for this challenge.

8 hours ago, Kalibur said:

Completed the @Ice Dragon Camus GHB Challenge with my usual hoard of low tiers in 6 turns including set-up (though I think it might be possible to optimize the run and complete it in 5).

Reveal hidden contents

The following units were used:

• 5* Fae (the +1 merge should not matter since in only increased HP and Res, plus Fae's HP didn't approach towards 1)
    • Unmerged +HP/-Res Fae stats are 50/46/28/25/26
  • 5* Raigh
  • 5* Fir (though, she's secretly an S-tier)
  • 4* Barst (with steel axe)

Overall strategy was to have my units tank hits and to make good use of skills.  As Raigh baits Camus, the Path of the Sword for Fir was clear.

I was expecting Camus to attack Fir, but I guess the AI still prefers targets that cannot counterattack when damage is comparable.

Barst with Steel Axe to avoid being double attacked by Camus is a nice touch.